Zoe Rhinos

EvilGiantRobot
EvilGiantRobot
Minor Nuisance
Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 130
When will we be able to get Zoe Rhinos again? Any chance the Acid campaign will be thrown out there again?
  • sliceNdice
    sliceNdice
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 5,428
    No information about that is known at this time.
    Forum Rules
    Got a genuine concern you want to share without toxic trolls? PM me. Don't start a thread that you know will be ruined and closed.
  • EvilGiantRobot
    EvilGiantRobot
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 130
    The hull store raid is approaching..... ;)
  • Laevus
    Laevus
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 245
    I was thinking this recently, then remembered that retrofits often put the stats of the base hull up to meet the limited named ones. I think I'd be more interested to hear when the Rhino is going to get a refit instead, as I think that would be of more use in the long run.
  • The Rum Diary
    The Rum Diary
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 2,072

@Laevus said:
    I was thinking this recently, then remembered that retrofits often put the stats of the base hull up to meet the limited named ones. I think I'd be more interested to hear when the Rhino is going to get a refit instead, as I think that would be of more use in the long run.

Hull retrofits are long overdo but they might scrap them all together since they were apart of the complaint of content overload. The Crusader and Nighthawk have never received the retrofit treatment, but since then much more powerful hulls have replaced them. Giving that generation of hulls deflection stats would absolutely reinvigorate them but then players would complain that they need to put their component retrofits on hold.

Simple solution: cut the time for the retrofitting of hulls. The whales will still coin them. If higher level retros were 3 days max, people would continue to commend Kix for making progress in the right direction.

sfc174: ".....I'm starting to fall in with the tinfoil hat crowd who believe this game has been taken over by some experimental behaviorists conducting research on how far you can push addicts."
  • SnickerBP
    SnickerBP
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,409

@Laevus said:

Hull retrofits are long overdo but they might scrap them all together since they were apart of the complaint of content overload. The Crusader and Nighthawk have never received the retrofit treatment, but since then much more powerful hulls have replaced them. Giving that generation of hulls deflection stats would absolutely reinvigorate them but then players would complain that they need to put their component retrofits on hold.

Simple solution: cut the time for the retrofitting of hulls. The whales will still coin them. If higher level retros were 3 days max, people would continue to commend Kix for making progress in the right direction.

actually nh's have r1-r5 already.. althouhg r5 is meh..

• Maleokore
    Maleokore
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,072
    ll allready have 10 zoes rhinos so don´t need them more tough would good to have elite dragon strike get back so could finally get stuff from it since finally have fleet that can kill that monster nemesis lol ...
    maybe hunter (more of them) and charon etc TLCs could get back for those who didn´t get them but don´t increase zoey rhino cap anymore 10 is enough lol
  • CPL Hicks
    CPL Hicks
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,173
    edited 8 Mar 2016, 3:52PM
    There's a lot of ideas on how to reinvigorate older hulls, but I wouldn't count on the Retrofit Lab as being one of them in the future. Kixeye makes more money releasing next-generation replacements instead (Punisher > Crusader, Drac. Carrier > Warbird, Prototype Hunter & V2-H > Vassago's/Viper Interdictor, &tc.). Previously the [R10] stock hull could be made as good as, or better than the limited variant hull (e.g. Greta's Nuclear Cruiser), until it was decided to retrofit them too. Spader's DNX seems to be the only hold-out, but it's still slightly better than the stock DNX.

I also agree with the continued build-time and retrofit time reductions. As Gen. 2 and 3 fleets become more and more obsolete (e.g. Sea Scorpion A < MCX < Kodiak < Neptune/Rhino), the oldest hulls and weapons (e.g. D55-F < D55-Z < Blade) should have further reductions to their cost and build-time. Catching up in this game would be easier and quicker if you could have 'better' old tech sooner. In the current model and pacing, it's better to skip generations of hulls and weapons and strive for the latest and greatest instead.

Edit: This is being done, but the only two strong examples of this are the build-time and weight reductions of D35-S and D35-Z.
    Praise be RNGesus!