Hull Retrofits for old hulls.

TallGiraffe
TallGiraffe
Unicorn Overlord
Joined May 2012 Posts: 4,743
So I was discussing with my friend on the state of how the game is progressing. We had agreed that deflection is a big thing in the game currently and needs to be introduced to the mid to lower tech players. I recommend adding in R10 to some hulls that have not yet received it such as the Mauler or the Kodiak to bring these hulls in line to the current changes the game is experiencing to better prepare some players for obtaining End game content.

Stepping stone hulls need to be buffed in some way so players entering the game have a chance to catch up in a meaningful way other than throwing hundreds upon hundreds of dollars. I know we are still addressing rebalances to build times, but we also need to rebalance some hulls themselves to better increase quality of life of the lower tech players.
Don't use Level. Use Tech when describing players. Level means nothing, its all about tech.
  • Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 4,131
    Or just make our badass fleets from before the advent of deflection hulls badass again...
  • iwrk4dedpr
    iwrk4dedpr
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 887
    I believe I read somewhere, a mod maybe even doom, that "Retrofit Lab" additions are on hiatus.  I mean look they just released the FF with enhancements ( people will coin stuff in raids ) they're not coining stuff in retro lab

• luitenantinge
    luitenantinge
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 54
     Don't be too sure about that . Raids are a gamble, in the retro lab you see what it's gonna cost you.  Any smart person doesn't coin in the raids. 
  • Andy_M54
    Andy_M54
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 59
    more retro for kodiak

• CPL Hicks
    CPL Hicks
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,173
    Limited hulls from the mastery campaigns would be fun to play with if they had further retrofits and build-time reductions.
    Praise be RNGesus!
  • TallGiraffe
    TallGiraffe
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 4,743
    CPL Hicks said:
    Limited hulls from the mastery campaigns would be fun to play with if they had further retrofits and build-time reductions.
    There are many old hulls that need reductions I am sure of that. I just wish we could have a mix of retrofits to revitalize older hulls too.
    Don't use Level. Use Tech when describing players. Level means nothing, its all about tech.
  • kixeyeuser_1375810824263_12234_28846940
    kixeyeuser_1375810824263_12234_28846940
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 4,914
    Kixeye will first release a Rhino Retrofit pack lol, now if everyone got free Rhino skins i would not care, but otherwise, we are not gonna have many retros for a LONG TIME, hope they add more retros to the Sawfish, throw it in Tier 1 this raid for the same price as the DNX last raid, and make it an 8 hour build, would be a good ballistic stepping stone hull, throw some Shakers on that........pwn newbs like its the old days...........