March WIP Official Discussion

• Detective_Soulhex129
    Detective_Soulhex129
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 1,466
    Most of the changes are good, especially the auto-repairing dock feature, but why did Kixeye suddenly cheap out on the ship tokens in the FM? Now they are 1 and 2 day (which is still very good), vice the 2 and 3 day tokens (that were excellent). What gives?
    i got 3d and 2d tokens
    Image result for detective pikachu gif"
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18,718
    Sil Dur said:
    Most of the changes are good, especially the auto-repairing dock feature, but why did Kixeye suddenly cheap out on the ship tokens in the FM? Now they are 1 and 2 day (which is still very good), vice the 2 and 3 day tokens (that were excellent). What gives?
    i got 3d and 2d tokens
    I also got a 2+3.
  • One_Eyed_Zombie
    One_Eyed_Zombie
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 1,053
    Since the tokens came out it has always been the chance of getting a 2 day + a 1 day, or a 2 day + a 3 day. The first round I got a 2+1 the 2nd round I got a 2+3
    If you don't see a point in it then just don't do it...... It really is that simple....
  • Financeranger
    Financeranger
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 462
    Natchez1 said:

@Financeranger said:
    Sea Surpent said:

piratepartisan said:

why the auto repair is just for the dock? it should also be for the shipyard and the retro lab

yeap  shipyard  being down is why allot of People don't join alliances !  if shipyard repair started auto after attack, then People would not loose build time while at work . yes some People have lives other then BP lol

DOOM is this even on the table....99% of pirates would agree ship build time is MOSTEST importantest....even over fleet repair time.

One thing at a time. This was by far
    Best move. You can still play while your base is down. If everything instant repairs whats the point of basing anymore ? You just got a great thing. Think from a business stand. You want to negate the value of base hits ? No. Get hit but be able to play. There has to be consequences for getting hit. But now we can still retaliate or play. Everything else should take time to fix . Otherwise whats the point of building base defense?

Ummm to win, if it is dock or shipyard I would prefer this applied to shipyard
    Level 102, Collected all the hulls kix wants me to coin! Sectors travels...who cares play the game and don't whine when you get hit!
  • jcatalano
    jcatalano
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 776
    whats with all the loss of resources for some targets and drac bases not paying uranium anymore? 
  • Powerboss9
    Powerboss9
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 143
    I think alot of the ideas are both good and bad. removing patrol fleets possibly good for newer players but also bad because they don't know how to build for pve outside of campaign's and raids. how do i know a fleet will work on something upcomming if i don't know about composition of fleets. such as when scourge came out. those hitting the 94 scourges as they pop up won't know how that strategy works.

I like the ideas of the base parts to reduce building stuff and refitting others but i don't think removing res from them is a good way to go. but maybe reduce how much is given just don't remove it completely. especially limiting more of the uranium payouts to just the drac U bases for those of us like myself not able to attempt the drac U bases the R&D system implemented uranium will be nearly impossible to get unless we do the weekly FM's.

A change I do think would be beneficial to work on for next month however, is for the FM's add in a tier 4 before the elite worth maybe at like 10 mil. then for each tier add in ships specials and tokens to every level (usually something not in campaign's or TLC's already). then as players hit that level of target points they are given a choice of said hull, specials, or tokens. I mean if you have SS5 you don't want to get SS4 cause you may just not need it. of course higher end players who have all of them the selection won't be allowed to be selectable. THEN after selected it's random whether or not what they get from it. just an idea but for all those limited hulls and special hulls especially hulls that unless by chance it's allowed to be bought in a raid we can accumulate other items hulls or specials so we have as players slightly more control over FM's than just a random chance and you might get something useful outta that.

of course elite tier would be different because it has the fallback prize that changes and you have to have all other previous prizes. but it can still be separated into hulls, specials, and tokens. but of course if you take tokens you'll possibly miss out on the fallback prizes as they circulate through. but i'd love to hear some of the thoughts and feedback about this because it honestly wouldn't be hard to implement it into current systems in place plus if you have say a savage kodiak from the TLC you may not want to win in the FM the regular kodiak. i know it's crude examples but you see my point.

and maybe most of this post belongs in a different area for posting but while i'm sure this is too late for march WIP april can plan for it and maybe implement it by may timeframe. feel free for comments. (no trolls please i know this is probably not the area for this post.)
  • Crazycanuck
    Crazycanuck
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 84
    Since the tokens came out it has always been the chance of getting a 2 day + a 1 day, or a 2 day + a 3 day. The first round I got a 2+1 the 2nd round I got a 2+3
    Guess I only recently started getting them and was spoiled by always getting 3 + 2 day tokens. Dose of reality not a bad thing I guess...lol.
  • Jontork
    Jontork
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 392
    OP 8?  My towers are so far behind.  The build times for tower upgrades are so long?  Changes to auto repair dock and half repair fleet are sweet.  It is long over due.  So some good news and some bad.  My life to a tee.
  • Yooper101
    Yooper101
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 422
    will land tiles increase to 100?

Real life Naval Veteran and Pirate.  Yes,  My ship flew the Jolly Roger on  " Special Missions ".
    Uss Blakely FF-1072  nun quam non paratus (Never Unprepared) Sub hunter/killer,  Missile and Torpedo Interceptor.

Pirating the Caribbean and South Atlantic 1986-1990   

• wulfgaran
    wulfgaran
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 731
    So much win....What an AWESOME WIP.

Thank you very much kixeye
  • michael.harrsch
    michael.harrsch
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1
    28 vxp points for hitting a 75 elite with a 15% bonus crew, no bonus applied. Not even worth hitting a 75 elite you get absolutely nothing . Used to get close to a 100 with Salty crew. What a waste ..

• kixeyeuser_1384609903109_100003522404108
    kixeyeuser_1384609903109_100003522404108
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 1,570
    i have always and even this week got a 2 day and 3 day token i dont think its random my m8 got a 2 day and 3 day but then waited to do second run and then only got a 2 day and 1 day so i think it has to do with how fast you do it
  • brewbrew
    brewbrew
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 79
    i have always and even this week got a 2 day and 3 day token i dont think its random my m8 got a 2 day and 3 day but then waited to do second run and then only got a 2 day and 1 day so i think it has to do with how fast you do it
    I got a 2 day and 1 day BOTH TIMES...so its just random.  Even though it stinks...its still FREE ship build time.

This is how i feel when I get 1 day tokens vs. 3 day tokens:

...but again....ITS FREE SHIP BUILD TIME!!!.....so....:

Hooray for gifs.

• Cuiledhwen
    Cuiledhwen
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 15

Level 50 or higher are been attacked by lvl 100 and I think this is unfair. I think that no matter what level you should be with in a 15 level range to prevent over kill of an entire alliances rookies before they even repair once.

• piratepartisan
    piratepartisan
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,936
    with the lvl 8 of the outpost, will we get more land? and also more resource platforms(oil rig,wind turbine, etc )? given that Mining Platforms will vanish, i think that it fair to have more resource platforms in the base
  • captaindavyjones39
    captaindavyjones39
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 13

I think that the overall direction of these changes are quite interesting. Auto Dock Repair & Half-Repair for Defense Fleets are sweet!!!! "Base Parts" seems to be a very interesting idea. It would be nice if at least one or two of the new turrents were not on the Elite Level. Give us busy players a bone and post one on Tier 3. However the current time-limited campaigns are nice as well. I'm very happy to see some signs of player feedback being taken into serious consideration. Having said that, let me expand on a statement I made in my "State of the Game" post about a feature that was mentioned in this post. WALLS.

"Walls

• Increased health."

For everything asked of players to upgrade base walls…even Uranium…increased health just is NOT fair. This idea can be pushed!! Below is a suggestion about how upgrading walls should be handled.

Walls Level  7 - 40% Explosive & 30% Ballistic
    Walls Level  8 - 40% Explosive & Ballistic / 30% Penetrative 
    Walls Level  9 - 40% Explosive/Ballistic/Penetrative & 30% Radioactive
    Walls Level 10 - 40% Explosive/Ballistic/Penetrative/Radioactive & 30% Corrosive
    Walls Level 11 - 50% ALL PROTECTION  (even from future weapon types)
    Walls Level 12 - 50% ALL PROTECTION with TACTICAL FIELD RANGE ENHANCEMENTS (25% of field power)

Think about it. Many walls are within the range of Tactical Fields...yet nothing happens. Shouldn't those walls at least pick up some attributes of the fields that surround them?? At least 25% of the field's power/ability could be "soaked in" the walls. Sure, you would have to rebalance the price of upgrading on a Level 12 scale, but at least you make upgrading base walls a serious concern and a big deal to players. 

ONE MORE SUGGESTION…Once a month during the Forsaken Missions…please, please let us PICK OUR OWN PRIZE!!!! First run only!!! Any resets you get what you get, as always. This would be a great treat/reward for the players.

Thanks for reading the players comments, Kixeye.
  • piratepartisan
    piratepartisan
    edited 3 Mar 2016, 5:30PM

I think that the overall direction of these changes are quite interesting. Auto Dock Repair & Half-Repair for Defense Fleets are sweet!!!! "Base Parts" seems to be a very interesting idea. It would be nice if at least one or two of the new turrents were not on the Elite Level. Give us busy players a bone and post one on Tier 3. However the current time-limited campaigns are nice as well. I'm very happy to see some signs of player feedback being taken into serious consideration. Having said that, let me expand on a statement I made in my "State of the Game" post about a feature that was mentioned in this post. WALLS.

"Walls

• Increased health."

For everything asked of players to upgrade base walls…even Uranium…increased health just is NOT fair. This idea can be pushed!! Below is a suggestion about how upgrading walls should be handled.

Walls Level  7 - 40% Explosive & 30% Ballistic
    Walls Level  8 - 40% Explosive & Ballistic / 30% Penetrative 
    Walls Level  9 - 40% Explosive/Ballistic/Penetrative & 30% Radioactive
    Walls Level 10 - 40% Explosive/Ballistic/Penetrative/Radioactive & 30% Corrosive
    Walls Level 11 - 50% ALL PROTECTION  (even from future weapon types)
    Walls Level 12 - 50% ALL PROTECTION with TACTICAL FIELD RANGE ENHANCEMENTS (25% of field power)

Think about it. Many walls are within the range of Tactical Fields...yet nothing happens. Shouldn't those walls at least pick up some attributes of the fields that surround them?? At least 25% of the field's power/ability could be "soaked in" the walls. Sure, you would have to rebalance the price of upgrading on a Level 12 scale, but at least you make upgrading base walls a serious concern and a big deal to players. 

ONE MORE SUGGESTION…Once a month during the Forsaken Missions…please, please let us PICK OUR OWN PRIZE!!!! First run only!!! Any resets you get what you get, as always. This would be a great treat/reward for the players.

Thanks for reading the players comments, Kixeye.
    what is a TACTICAL FIELD? 
    and the walls are not intended to make impossible to flatten a base, but just a bit harder (at least in some situations)
  • teaguekm
    teaguekm
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 99
    Laredo said:
    Sil Dur said:
    i got 3d and 2d tokens
    I also got a 2+3.

I also got 2 + 3 Tokens
  • Scullgirl
    Scullgirl
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 135
    I dont like the changes to the mines, huge drac bases ect  as we need the rez and more ways to get U rez not fewer ways.
    Will Kix fix please fix something broke in the game without breaking 1 or more things as they do so?? 
  • piratepartisan
    piratepartisan
    edited 3 Mar 2016, 6:13PM
    Scullgirl said:
    I dont like the changes to the mines, huge drac bases ect  as we need the rez and more ways to get U rez not fewer ways.
    hit bases and then try also to hit at least the warehouses
  • One_Eyed_Zombie
    One_Eyed_Zombie
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 1,053
    I don't think speed has anything to do with it. I did both rounds in less than 5 hours on the first day. Got 2+1 first and then 2+3.
    If you don't see a point in it then just don't do it...... It really is that simple....
  • Yooper101
    Yooper101
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 422
    Yooper101 said:

Had to ask,  since we got more tiles last time to give us more room,   but then we got more turrets,  so it kinda defeated the purpose and we need to be able to have more room to spread out our turrets a little more, or make more turns in our base to make attackers slow thru them.  

For those who think more land would crowd them and don't want more land.... well you don't have to build the extra 5 tiles.  But some of us could use 3-5 more tiles.

Real life Naval Veteran and Pirate.  Yes,  My ship flew the Jolly Roger on  " Special Missions ".
    Uss Blakely FF-1072  nun quam non paratus (Never Unprepared) Sub hunter/killer,  Missile and Torpedo Interceptor.

Pirating the Caribbean and South Atlantic 1986-1990   

• Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 2,058
    loloz said:

Choke point campaign is a joke. Kix dont make it hard...they make it impossible

Choke point is functionally identical to the level 60 fleet targets in the Revenge Raid series.  It *is* hard, but it's not impossible.  I did it with two V2Hs and three Mastodons equipped with D53Ds, a few Siege Zs, and some Phalanx IIIs.  Need to retrofit your engines and trigger, turn, kite.  Can use subs to hit the kodiaks.

I really like this campaign.  I haven't done the 2nd mastery level yet.
  • OGRE1971
    OGRE1971
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,623
    Yooper101 said:
    Yooper101 said:

Had to ask,  since we got more tiles last time to give us more room,   but then we got more turrets,  so it kinda defeated the purpose and we need to be able to have more room to spread out our turrets a little more, or make more turns in our base to make attackers slow thru them.  

For those who think more land would crowd them and don't want more land.... well you don't have to build the extra 5 tiles.  But some of us could use 3-5 more tiles.
    you say for those who don't want more land that they don't have to build them yet you also said getting more turrets defeated the purpose of more land- well you didn't have to build more turrets did you?
  • Snocky
    Snocky
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,145
    always has been that, some get lucky and get 3 day ones

then when they get the 1 day ones they get to my level :)

• Snocky
    Snocky
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,145

Level 50 or higher are been attacked by lvl 100 and I think this is unfair. I think that no matter what level you should be with in a 15 level range to prevent over kill of an entire alliances rookies before they even repair once.

I darent say too much, BUT, some people a while back were not levelling up, and needed no res to repair fleets

other players repaired  fleets using res etc and levelled up, so in effect there are some higher level players with lower tach than some lower level players

Personally I feel the level locked PVE targets are not fair because there are some high levels who dont have the tech to hit some of them, To bring that into PVP too in my mind would be a mistake (I get flatted by folks 40 levels below me so it works both ways on that one)
  • Reina_69
    Reina_69
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 164

"New Platform Slot Type

• Platforms upgraded to the new maximum level will unlock a slot. When items are equipped to this slot, the visual of the turret changes depending on which category of item is equipped (offensive or defensive).

• If no item is equipped to this slot, then it retains the new maximum platform visual.

• Items equipped to these slots will include one of two buffs depending on the type of turret equipped:

Defensive Item: +X% to All Defenses

Offensive Item: +X% to All Damage and/or +X to Range [TBD]"

In my opinion all this is doing is giving everyone who has now cheated all there turrets another advantage over the true coiners who are still working on getting upgraded turrets.  It wouldn't be so bad if there aren't so many who get their bases returned to them with no repercussions but not it will just be another annoyance to my team of rewards given to those who cheat.  Just my 2 cents, sorry if it comes off negative.

PixelRoyalty
  • kixeyeuser_1409250182434_100007814357803
    kixeyeuser_1409250182434_100007814357803
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 222
    teaguekm said:
    Laredo said:
    Sil Dur said:
    i got 3d and 2d tokens
    I also got a 2+3.

I also got 2 + 3 Tokens
    I got 2+ 1 Tokens twice in a row
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18,718
    teaguekm said:
    Laredo said:
    Sil Dur said:
    i got 3d and 2d tokens
    I also got a 2+3.

I also got 2 + 3 Tokens
    I got 2+ 1 Tokens twice in a row
    I got 2+1 on the second run.
  • kixeyeuser_1409250182434_100007814357803
    kixeyeuser_1409250182434_100007814357803
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 222
    Yooper101 said:
    Yooper101 said:

you say for those who don't want more land that they don't have to build them yet you also said getting more turrets defeated the purpose of more land- well you didn't have to build more turrets did you?
    With logic like that, why not just say: Kixeye let players win Draconian Hulls, you didn't have to build them...just stick to your Sea Wolves.
    That is asinine logic, if Kix puts it out, go ahead and have fun with it.
    There are more turrets available so you use them. Push the envelope, so now how about some more land tiles to go with the new turrets?
    Stop trolling click repair.