The War Commanders destroyed the world...

Trixter_Os
Trixter_Os
Incursion Leader
Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 1,357

So...I'm driving down the road thinking of my Battle Pirates game (cause you know, that's cool to do), and I wondered why the earth was flooded.

Thorium bomb...

I don't play WC so forgive me if I use bad terms.

So, 7 or 8 years after the beginning of the Third Global Conflict, a group of Warrington commanders devised a plan to end everything as everyone had already lost most of what they were fighting for. The different faction leaders (working in secret from their respective leader) were able to combine their differing knowledge of Thorium and learned how to fuse it with Uranium found in the ocean floor. They created a bomb unlike ever before produced.

Before they could test it, they were discovered and attacked. During this attack, the bomb was detonated as a last ditch effort to end the war with some kind of hope left.

But...

Without first testing the bomb, they weren't able to forecast the entire global picture of effect. The Thorium vaporized and began eating away at the o zone layer while the Uranium killed most vegetation. This was a catastrophic event, but thankfully, it wasn't instantaneous. With the world now undoubtedly doomed, the factions began a race to space to save themselves and their people. The ones left behind to die on earth were forsaken.

But people suck...

In space, commanders watched the world deteriorate with scientists modeling what the world would look like in 10 years. A flooded rock with no atmosphere. Most likely leading to the water evaporating and the ultimate destruction of the world.

One faction believed they could find away to harness the Thorium still in the air and use it to slow down these effects. When word of this reached the enemy fraction, a war broke out over the information. As whoever could save the earth, claimed the earth. This went into the history books as the Vega Conflict.

Meanwhile...

The forsaken people on earth learned that the air was still breathable and water still drinkable. The resource "zynthium", which was abundant in Earths oceans after different minerals and thorium fused, acted as a "thorium sponge" greatly slowing down the damamging effects. This wasn't known to Vegan scientists because they were only working with models based on information they had when they left earth.

The forsaken people worked quickly to harvest this zynth, hoping to use it to work their artificial land plots and hopefully grow food to supplement their fish heavy diets.

An especially aggressive man, Vassago, believed there should be tight control over the zynth supplies and created a group to do just that.

This quickly dissolved into social unrest with two factions emerging. A powerful Draconian Empire who used brute force and heavy resources and the smaller, but more cunning Forsaken people's. A conflict for control of the Earths waters has been going on ever since...

Thanks War Commander for breaking the Earth...

"There's nothing so sweet, as a long nose Pete!"