Suggestion open for discussion if allowed by mods.

Brotherhigh
Brotherhigh
Minor Nuisance
Joined May 2012 Posts: 166
I would like to see bubbles done away with and base has instant repair,that way you can still play the game but you cant launch a fleet for at least 5 mins gives base attacker time to leave,and you can still play.thoughts
BH
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18,498
    This could be a fun discussion.  We'll see where it goes.
  • baconneggs
    baconneggs
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,167
    So a lvl 50 doing a base research will take about 5 years to complete given the line of people waiting to hit his base every 5 min
  • TetraGrammatonCleric
    TetraGrammatonCleric
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,207
    So if I hate a person, I can have all of my friends log on, and we can chain hit 1 player's base, preventing them from being able to play - ever.
    Gotta throw some features in which prevent chain hitting a base.
    Point Value for Military Strongholds: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/594968
    How to calculate desired cloak: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/592491
    How to maximize efficiency in the Reaver Assault Force Platforms: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/594726
  • TetraGrammatonCleric
    TetraGrammatonCleric
    Incursion Leader
    The second thing you have to consider is base D fleet. A lot of people need that bubble so they can repair their base D fleet.
    If someone's turrets are all repaired, but their ships are not, their base will get smashed - over and over again. I don't know of any bases that can stop  (new) fleets by turrets alone.

Point Value for Military Strongholds: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/594968
    How to maximize efficiency in the Reaver Assault Force Platforms: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/594726
  • Brotherhigh
    Brotherhigh
    Minor Nuisance
    So if I hate a person, I can have all of my friends log on, and we can chain hit 1 player's base, preventing them from being able to play - ever.
    Ok well how about base repairs instantly that way you can still play the game,except your outpost it takes a minimum of 6 hours to repair depending on what level it is at and that makes you safe from further attacks till its repaired,In this post i am looking for ideas so players can still play after a base hit without having to coin a dock repair as i dont believe coining a dock is kixeyes main source of income so it wouldnt worry them to much.
    BH
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 6,208
    Then there is the problem of building / upgrades and research. Often lower lvls need the bubble to get 1 1/2 days upgrades etc done in peace.
    The dock should be instant repair so you can play the game even after being hit.
  • Brotherhigh
    Brotherhigh
    Minor Nuisance
    The second thing you have to consider is base D fleet. A lot of people need that bubble so they can repair their base D fleet.
    If someone's turrets are all repaired, but their ships are not, their base will get smashed - over and over again. I don't know of any bases that can stop  (new) fleets by turrets alone.

Most players do have a second fleet they can use as a substitute till there main base defemce fleet is back up and running,i no i have,For lower level players most of there base defence fleets will repair within 6 hours.
    BH
  • TetraGrammatonCleric
    TetraGrammatonCleric
    Incursion Leader

Most players do have a second fleet they can use as a substitute till there main base defemce fleet is back up and running,i no i have,For lower level players most of there base defence fleets will repair within 6 hours.
    Do you have 10 backup fleets? If I can hit you once every 5 minutes you will rack up some serious repair, or you will go without a base D.
  • TetraGrammatonCleric
    TetraGrammatonCleric
    Incursion Leader
    edited 28 Feb 2016, 10:27PM
    In this post i am looking for ideas so players can still play after a base hit without having to coin a dock repair 
    Why are you trying to make things complicated then? If all you want is a change to the dock, then all you should ask for is that the dock can be on similar repair timers to the shipyard and retrofit lab - those are 8 sec each?
  • Robyn2014
    Robyn2014
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 7
    defending a base would become pointless. it's also nice to be able to shut down a troublesome pirate for 2-3h by getting their dock, or knowing you cost them money if they coin it.
  • Teddycuddlez
    Teddycuddlez
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 5,076

Could be solved by creating a special fleet slot in the dock especially for base defense. Any ship in that fleet will be repaired instantly like a building. Obviously abusing this can be solved by only allowing full health ships (same as the arena) to be placed in the fleet.
  • spawnofevil6669
    spawnofevil6669
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,168
    do you really want to add another feature to overloaded code?

adding feature A to sort out feature B
    changing function C to override application D

instant repair bases will not keep the trolls in their bases..........rocketting docks costs a troll coin....they soon learn that way 

yeh they can still repair on the sea , but that costs them also.
    cannot see this feature making money or player enjoyment
    Image result for are we having fun yet
  • Trixter_Os
    Trixter_Os
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 1,357

@Brotherhigh said:
    TetraGrammatonCleric said:

Not sure just how many lower levels actually have a single defense flt, I know I don't, and a lot of the bases I hit don't.

Relying on players having a second flt geared for base defense would not be a great move. Neither would be getting rid of the bubble

"There's nothing so sweet, as a long nose Pete!"
  • AnEyeForAnEye
    AnEyeForAnEye
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 7,191
    I would like to see bubbles done away with and base has instant repair,that way you can still play the game but you cant launch a fleet for at least 5 mins gives base attacker time to leave,and you can still play.thoughts

Will never happen, since kix sells time, if it instant and free, they cant sell it can they.

The entire finaincing system of this game is based on selling speed up, wether it repairs of builds.

Could they reduce the cost of it so it still has to be coined to relauch, ofc. Will they, i doubt it.

Bubble exist to protect bases for continuous preps and rockets that would make base hitting easy and basicly free. Again they want you to at a some ptn have to go in and take dmg and get repairs that you ll probalby coin.
  • beel78
    beel78
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 8,189

@Brotherhigh said:

Not sure just how many lower levels actually have a single defense flt, I know I don't, and a lot of the bases I hit don't.

Relying on players having a second flt geared for base defense would not be a great move. Neither would be getting rid of the bubble

I'm a lvl 96.  I have 1 D fleet.  Why?  Because I do not coin a lot.  I wont play if my D fleet is down.  Why make another fleet dead ?  I think to the OP.  Bubbles are fine.  Like tetra brought up.  The easiest way to fix it with out all of the kixeye twist and turns ( making it more difficult than it needs to be) is to make the Dock almost insta repair. Problem solved.
  • Detective_Soulhex129
    Detective_Soulhex129
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 1,466
    beel78 said:

@Brotherhigh said:

I'm a lvl 96.  I have 1 D fleet.  Why?  Because I do not coin a lot.  I wont play if my D fleet is down.  Why make another fleet dead ?  I think to the OP.  Bubbles are fine.  Like tetra brought up.  The easiest way to fix it with out all of the kixeye twist and turns ( making it more difficult than it needs to be) is to make the Dock almost insta repair. Problem solved.
    If they did make the docks insta repair or almost insta repair then they would lose on the opportunity of getting coins from ppl who coin their docks. So i dont see them doing anything about this in the close future if at all ever. It would be a good idea tho but... kixeye is a business and thats not much of a business proposal.
    Image result for detective pikachu gif"
  • trojan66
    trojan66
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 3,252
    I think you are on to something as far as having the base instantly repair after being hit, but I think there should be some sort of safe guard for a player after X amount of hits in 1 day so that the player isn't being cratered every 5 minutes around the clock. Maybe keeping in place the 8 hits bubble, or even reducing it to 5 to reduce rocket spam. I was even suggesting something like just reducing the repair time of the dock to just over 5 minutes so that you werent locked out of using your ships for 3 hours or 6 coins every time you got hit or even rocketed.
    :)
  • Brotherhigh
    Brotherhigh
    Minor Nuisance
    trojan66 said:
    I think you are on to something as far as having the base instantly repair after being hit, but I think there should be some sort of safe guard for a player after X amount of hits in 1 day so that the player isn't being cratered every 5 minutes around the clock. Maybe keeping in place the 8 hits bubble, or even reducing it to 5 to reduce rocket spam. I was even suggesting something like just reducing the repair time of the dock to just over 5 minutes so that you werent locked out of using your ships for 3 hours or 6 coins every time you got hit or even rocketed.
    Now this idea i like and makes sence to me anyway,anybody else think the same.I no 5 or 6 gold is not a lot of coin to continue to play but the game describes itself as free to play,so i think at least the dock should be included,
    BH
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18,498
    This will be continued here.  Have fun everyone.