My thoughts on the new FM format get back to basics

G-Bot
G-Bot
Strike-force Captain
Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 751
Regarding the new FM format.  Kixeye should revert back to the black water days of game play.  It might of not been perfect but people where always on and playing. Sectors where active,  comms was scrolling faster than people could read what was typed.    Coining was optional not like now where it is required to some extent to progress in game.   

All I am saying is this, get back to basics.  Fix the glitches, stop the hackers, re-evaluate build and repair times to acceptable levels, slow down the rate of power creep or leaping at this rate.  An the most important thing of all listen to the player base.  Not the ones who spend $1000+ every month.  But the ones who might not spend as much as the whales but if the gaming experience and the value of the game is better, then yes they would be willing to shell out more coins.

As of right now Kixeye is trying to gouge the players into coining more with no value or gaming experience for the average non whale player, and it is doing the opposite effect forcing long time players and the newer players to leave in mass.

This is not a whine or a Kixeye bashing post but a honest observation from a long time player.

• George Smallman
    George Smallman
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 9
    It would seem that kix have yet again have decided they do not want people to play BP, as their latest piece of total moronic behaviour,.the people who cannot hit 85s have no chance of doing the fm now so kix lose money again, hurry up and revert back to .fm as it was, otherwise you will lose a lot more players, the moron who came up with this idea deserves to be fired

• Maleokore
    Maleokore
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,072
    edited 18 Feb 2016, 10:15AM
    just finnished my FM 2 x 50M lol .. :D as long as 85s aren´t blowing right after spawning FM work great you finnish 85 few mins and next fresh one spawns only hating those who farm fleets away from them and not finnish whole thing ... :D as for lower strongholds they spawn next to lower level people so search those and camp next their base and do their OPs .. :D 
  • George Smallman
    George Smallman
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 9
    It does not help if you do not have the fleets to do 85s and you are a larger level and there .are quite a few of them

• Maleokore
    Maleokore
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,072
    edited 18 Feb 2016, 11:06AM
    It does not help if you do not have the fleets to do 85s and you are a larger level and there .are quite a few of them

like i said earlier if you need lower level drac OPs go find lower level people in your sector and camp out their base to wait their op to spawn or try find sector where is more low level players since spawning ops level depends level of player now more if in your sector is more high level players there is more high level ops too .. :D and your more higher level than me so you should have some thing like v2s, rhinos etc to do 85s allready on guide section there is lot of builds for 85s so search help there (my self i use heavy cruisers on auto doing whole round rep for 10-14h and do 2nd round but i think you don´t have that)
  • cesar augusto jovel
    cesar augusto jovel
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 670
    heres another one for u... keep the cost of coining the same BUT make it cheaper....
    instead of $100 for 1000 coins.. make it $10....
    and BP will go CRAAAAAAAAAAAAZY!!!!
    --->EL VATO LOCO<---
    aka -->Da1nOnlyLatino<--
  • AnEyeForAnEye
    AnEyeForAnEye
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 7,191
    Sadly OP, this cant happen.

If they went back to black waters days, half of the team would have to be let go. Do you really think the team will kill there jobs intentionnally.

The game has grown, cost have risen (mainly wages) and job got created. Cost of the game can and will be lowered, but never to the point of the black water days. Contnet wont be slow down either. The team need to justify there jobs by bringing sufficient revenus to pay for there wages.

SAme oges for changing the rate of coins, kixeye wont do that. They ll make sales, but that the limit of it.
  • Mad_Scientist
    Mad_Scientist
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 7,716

@George Smallman said:

Are you saying that you at level 86 do not have the fleets to do 85s? Is this your issue or kixeye's issue? Or are you "saying this for the Lower levels"?

I've never thought the spawn was right for the game....but I also don't understand players who live in the days of insta repair seawolves.

I can tell you my alli helps those in our group that help themselves. Only a few in our group above 70 can't hit 85s, and most if not all of those just returned to the game after a long break. They're working on it.

Meep!
  • cesar augusto jovel
    cesar augusto jovel
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 670

If they went back to black waters days, half of the team would have to be let go. Do you really think the team will kill there jobs intentionnally.

The game has grown, cost have risen (mainly wages) and job got created. Cost of the game can and will be lowered, but never to the point of the black water days. Contnet wont be slow down either. The team need to justify there jobs by bringing sufficient revenus to pay for there wages.

SAme oges for changing the rate of coins, kixeye wont do that. They ll make sales, but that the limit of it.
    so u saying that the ability to coin a full fleet for $50... legendary rank for another $50
    would not alter the rate of coin people might be willing to part with instead of $100 and not even be able to build one boat?
    i for one coin a lot less because
    1) i do not see any value in coining large amounts at this time
    2) the exchange rate is crazy

yes i know kixeye does not control the exchange rate, but it would make it a lot easier for me to coin in there was value seen
    in coining... and im sorry but the specials they have on coins i have only ever seen one.

--->EL VATO LOCO<---
    aka -->Da1nOnlyLatino<--
  • AnEyeForAnEye
    AnEyeForAnEye
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 7,191

so u saying that the ability to coin a full fleet for $50... legendary rank for another $50
    would not alter the rate of coin people might be willing to part with instead of $100 and not even be able to build one boat?
    i for one coin a lot less because
    1) i do not see any value in coining large amounts at this time
    2) the exchange rate is crazy

yes i know kixeye does not control the exchange rate, but it would make it a lot easier for me to coin in there was value seen
    in coining... and im sorry but the specials they have on coins i have only ever seen one.

Yes exchange rate is affecting the bottom line of kix eye revenues with half the players being outside of the US with a fix local budget for  the game, but they still pay there expenses mainly in US funds (there are exception with offices in Australia and Canada), so they need US funds. Yes the high exchange rate most currancy have versus the USD makes it that the local budget reduce there in game budget, and come down to having the biggest bang for there buck.

But reducing the cost of flts builds or the coin/dollar ratio would reduce there bottomline revenues making them unable to keep the team in place, just like cutting build time across the board, hence why they delay and are being selective in what they reduce.

Last ive check the team will protect there jobs in the 1st place making sure sufficient revenues come in to cover and justify there wages.

Any significant reduction in revenues would mean layoff of groups of employees or team within the dev team. WE already know they cut down full teams last year and they cut down in the fat both in marketing and customer services.

It already been mentionned that they are basicly down to a squeleton crew, meaning they cut down in the dev departement, something we know the dev team will do everyting to avoid since it might affect the quality and quantity of the content. In the end, they want to keep there jobs for as long as possible.