why projectile(munition) speed of all guns is not published?

piratepartisan
piratepartisan
Force to be Reckoned With
Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,936
edited 17 Feb 2016, 9:50PM
why projectile(munition) speed of all guns is not published?
  • NusaCat
    NusaCat
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 528
    Maybe for the same reason build time isn't listed? Keeping useful stats hidden is good way to get questions in the forums and gives third-party tools a way to be better than Kixeye, however.
  • Teddycuddlez
    Teddycuddlez
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 5,076
    NusaCat said:
    Maybe for the same reason build time isn't listed? Keeping useful stats hidden is good way to get questions in the forums and gives third-party tools a way to be better than Kixeye, however.
    Build time can easily be found out, you just get the time it takes for the hull to be built and take it away from the time to build the hull and the component combined, xy-x=y

However projectile speed can't be find out so easily, you may be able to find out through data mining, but I honestly have no clue. It's something that wasn't really relevant for a while, mainly until the specials/hulls that increased projectile speed were released, so they probably just haven't gotten around to it. It would be nice for them to get around to it.
  • Total_Rekage
    Total_Rekage
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 343
    NusaCat said:
    Build time can easily be found out, you just get the time it takes for the hull to be built and take it away from the time to build the hull and the component combined, xy-x=y

However projectile speed can't be find out so easily, you may be able to find out through data mining, but I honestly have no clue. It's something that wasn't really relevant for a while, mainly until the specials/hulls that increased projectile speed were released, so they probably just haven't gotten around to it. It would be nice for them to get around to it.
    xy-x=y is a very incorrect equation
    xy means x*y which means that X cannot be subtracted.

• Teddycuddlez
    Teddycuddlez
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 5,076
    xy-x=y is a very incorrect equation
    xy means x*y which means that X cannot be subtracted.

Yea sorry, it was almost 1am here when I typed that. Mind you it's almost 2am now, but I had food so it's all good.

Correction: (x+y)-x=y
  • Hyperius
    Hyperius
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 12,118
    Because if every statistic for every gun was listed the description would be far too long.

KIXEYE Senior Moderator

Playing since 9/30/11

Helpful Links:  Site Rules / Report a Player / ToS / Ticket Status /

Have a problem? KIXEYE Customer Service

• SHOGUNNNN
    SHOGUNNNN
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 513
    Hyperius said:
    Because if every statistic for every gun was listed the description would be far too long.
    Published doesn't necessarily mean displayed in game. The "lengthy" descriptions could easily be avoided by a link to a comprehensive stats page for weapons, specials etc. somewhere here in a sub-forum or even a new dedicated page for game info on the Kix portal. Not that copying, pasting and editing is in the perview of any Kix employee.

But alas, simple fixes are elusive, lol

• Trixter_Os
    Trixter_Os
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 1,357

@SHOGUNNNN said:
    Hyperius said:

Published doesn't necessarily mean displayed in game. The "lengthy" descriptions could easily be avoided by a link to a comprehensive stats page for weapons, specials etc. somewhere here in a sub-forum or even a new dedicated page for game info on the Kix portal. Not that copying, pasting and editing is in the perview of any Kix employee.

But alas, simple fixes are elusive, lol

That is a good **** idea dude...hey mods, can you run that one up?

"There's nothing so sweet, as a long nose Pete!"
  • piratepartisan
    piratepartisan
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,936
    Hyperius said:
    seriuosly? adding one more stat line will make the gun description too long? people will fall asleep of it while reading? or even... the stats description will crash my pc?
  • phil.rothwell.5
    phil.rothwell.5
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 811
    Hyperius said:
    Off the cuff "wet blanket response? :wink: 

As the game evolves so the "player" relevant statistics on a weapon change. 
    The relevance of projectile speed stat. became much more important when the special to increase it became available. 

Since the game evolved to using more often than not mixed fleets. I personally would like to see the combat speed expressed as 'nn.n' as those little tenths now matter and the difference between 29.2 and 29.8 do matter.

I agree not everyone needs/will use all the statistics, But as @SHOGUNNNN said "Published doesn't necessarily mean displayed in game." is a great idea. 
  • Forget_Me Not
    Forget_Me Not
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 618
    edited 18 Feb 2016, 3:15PM
    Hyperius said:
    What are the point in having these then?

I don't think adding the projectile speed to the miscellaneous section of a weapon is going to hurt the length any. Especially now that we have all these collapsible tabs for stats. Weapons generally don't have big stat boxes to begin with. Ships on the other hand, yeah. I think we've all seen the GrimWrath or Hellstar blueprint page before we had these nice statblocks. Prime examples of "far too long".
  • TallGiraffe
    TallGiraffe
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 4,743
    We still don't have a number on unreactive also. Would be nice.
    Don't use Level. Use Tech when describing players. Level means nothing, its all about tech.
  • Total_Rekage
    Total_Rekage
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 343
    We still don't have a number on unreactive also. Would be nice.
    yeah, i want those numbers