State of the Game

• michael2642
    michael2642
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,294

ok i had 3 guys in my alli hit 3 seperate 85's with fleets that supposedly caught a buff. all 3 of them reported doing the 85's for less damage so not sure where we are getting 300% damage increase from
    I Havn't checked all weapons, but in the Update post from DOOM the Maelstrom is listed from 1680 damage to 7700. 

Try to do the math of one salvo of that & compare damage prior & after update.
    Now tell me: Did the repair time get deduced ?

• Duckyyy
    Duckyyy
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1,953
    M Scott said:
    With the increased damage from targets there is no reduction in repair times. It is increased. I don't like being played for a fool. I'm not.
    have seen no damage increase in targets, older fleets are actually doing better now

People have said the 75 armadas are dealing more damage.
  • Liam Dunne
    Liam Dunne
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,538
    M Scott said:
    With the increased damage from targets there is no reduction in repair times. It is increased. I don't like being played for a fool. I'm not.
    have seen no damage increase in targets, older fleets are actually doing better now

didnt try those yet we looked at the 85's as some were doing weekly still and we wanted to be sure they were not going to take additional damage... i will get them to try a 75 now and see what happens
  • Kalidor55
    Kalidor55
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 2,260
    Dammage from stronghold will probably increase too as the ships in there have the same missiles.  Should not be a problem for bigger players but smaller ones doing 34 and 40 might suffer a lot from this.  I have no fleet that would give significant result but if someone that usually do 34 or 40 can try and give us some feedback it would be interesting
  • ardvarkvillas1
    ardvarkvillas1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 106
    This is pretty outrageous. I just tested this by doing a 55 outpost target, and took a 3 min 38 sec damage. I had done a 55 outpost just a few days ago for 18 seconds damage with the exact same setup and driving. What a sneaky move by kixeye.
  • Archangel 1960
    Archangel 1960
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 374
    D92's have no buildup any longer tried a 55 nope  They been nerfed so much they useless. Thanks for nothing

• master james
    master james
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 34
    Liam you are uniqe. One of a kind. Keep it up. All us other ones just have a different experience. I went from 15 min damage in a 75 armada to almost 2 hours. I can now actually see the hits of the arbalest guns effect on the health bar on the HC as they hit. There is no question about what has happened. This change is to stop the relative easy way of getting uranium for people with HC. Why they had to do all the fkn marketing is beyond me. It's not like we would not notice...  I will never understand the people at KIx.. they are so funny ;-)

• michael2642
    michael2642
    Incursion Leader
    edited 8 Dec 2015, 7:44PM
    M Scott said:

didnt try those yet we looked at the 85's as some were doing weekly still and we wanted to be sure they were not going to take additional damage... i will get them to try a 75 now and see what happens
    Just did, my HC got 80 mins of damage, vs 35 normal mins

Lets even pretend that I failed to have it within Aegis field: 80 mins - 40% = 48 mins. would have been the repair. earlier

• Cloffy
    Cloffy
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 3
    I think another good adjustment will be the following: Players who just reached are often love in a bubble, beeing farmedby players who are sometomes 30 LVL's higher as their own level. My suggestion: A player can attack only other players wich are (maximum) 25 LVL's lower.

Than means the following:
    A LVL 100 player can only attack opponents wich are LVL75 or higher;
    A LVL 90 player can only attack opponents wich are LVL65 or higher.
    And so on...

I think it will be more fair to low- and mid-Level players to keep the game fair and Fun.

Greetings, Cloffie[TRP70],
    Sector 70, Alpha-World
    RG
  • Kalidor55
    Kalidor55
    Master Tactician
    Well this is all normal considering that they rebalance older weapon to make them more competitive.  It would have been nice if they would have warned us that this also apply to the weapon on our target.  that is if soeone there has ever think about it !!!!!    Just not sure that this move is really good for the smaller players now as they are the one that will get mostly affected by this increase in dammage.  Good aiming from Kixeye, just did'nt got the good target.
  • michael2642
    michael2642
    Incursion Leader
    edited 9 Dec 2015, 2:40PM
    Just did, my HC got 80 mins of damage, vs 35 normal mins

Lets even pretend that I failed to have it within Aegis field: 80 mins - 40% = 48 mins. would have been the repair. earlier

Darn I forgot that those new 80mins are AFTER new repair reduction and the 35 mins was before.......

so if Kixie didn't give a MAJOR buff to weapons,  those 35 mins of repair prior to update, should have dropped to 28 mins.

• Digger_D7
    Digger_D7
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 374
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone! Glad to hear you're liking it so far. :)
    So only a handful of people are liking the change I really think those people, should be investigated.
  • Dano001
    Dano001
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 15
    Hey you know what, We have been saying there is a problem and it seems things are beginning to be addressed. I think its awesome that Kixeye is making changes to keep people interested in this great game. Awesome Guys
  • michael2642
    michael2642
    Incursion Leader
    Prior to update, I got 35 mins of damage from 75 armada.

Update gave us 20% reduced repairs. Hence my repair should go down to 28 mins (35 mins - 20%)

However I just suffered 80 mins of repair.........

Working as intended.

• MinuteofAngle
    MinuteofAngle
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 35
    For those that are griping, if you don't like the game, give it up.  **** is going to do you no good whatsoever, unless it just makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.  I personally appreciate the changes they are going to make, even if it takes time to implement.
  • greg howard
    greg howard
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 15

Critical Technology: Draconian Shipyard

“The Dracs seem to have an endless supply of new ships. Raid their bases and destroy their shipyards. Bring back enough salvage and steal their tech.” - Brennus

• Salvage Draconian Shipyard Shards: 0/10

• Research Time: 24 hours

• Effect: Shipyard Build Times Reduced by 2%

"wow, 2 percent!. so if a ship takes 28 days and 18 hours, now it will only take.....28 days and 5 hours."  i'm sorry, but i fail to see much change. All kixeye has said to me is:

you've worked very hard so far- to get barely capable of anything, and not capable of competing, and now we're gonna give a quarter crank on the reel and the carrot is gonna move an inch closer to the cart. same cart, but more stuff to complete, and a longer trail to pull.

laughing at their greedy way.
  • Kalidor55
    Kalidor55
    Master Tactician
    Any official comment on that.  Can we at least have a list of the weapon that have seen their dammage increase ??.  Hope you realize that even the smaller cargo may be giving out more dammage now ?  You did'nt know that did you ?
  • master james
    master james
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 34
    I forgive you cbuzz24.. anyone can have a blond moment
  • Anoying Orange
    Anoying Orange
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 89
    There is no negative to this update. Old weapons are have gotten a nice boost to damage, repair times are coming down as well!  I mean 60% reduction for cadmium may well make it worth it to use. Just wanted to say thanks! GJ Doom, making it playable for me :smile: 

You haven't played it but maybe 30 mins and it's GREAT! I smell a Kixeye troll.

lol i wish I worked for kix, but no. I have visibly seen repair reductions to my 4 goresaber base fleet, a ton of my weapons have increased dramatically, and I can see others have as well. Why so pessimistic? Just saying that this is nice.
    Top Bands in the last 40 years:
    5 Seconds to plummer
    One erection
    Trolling Stones
    Pink Android
    Mew 2
    All Out Soy
    Bean
  • Liam Dunne
    Liam Dunne
    Digger_D7 said:
    So only a handful of people are liking the change I really think those people, should be investigated.
    or maybe we can realistically see the big picture and are not afraid to work to get stuff and dont cry if we dont get 100% everything for free like you are asking.... Investigate me all you like i know i am 100% clean.... we dont agree with you so must be a hack.. very narrow minded
  • michael2642
    michael2642
    Incursion Leader
    aldor said:
    Any official comment on that.  Can we at least have a list of the weapon that have seen their dammage increase ??.  Hope you realize that even the smaller cargo may be giving out more dammage now ?  You did'nt know that did you ?
    Actually the official comment was in the Update text from DOOM.

In short, from the very cryptical text written with very small font, he put it:: "we increased damage from guns" 

But they made sure to use a VERY BIG FONT when telling about the 20% repair reduction

• Commodore Clambeard
    Commodore Clambeard
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 734
    I've been hitting 75 Armadas for days, hitting about 20 to 30 a day.  I take, on average 35 minutes of damage in one of these, using a HC as a flag, aegis to protect, two skulled rhinos and skulled masto to kill from a distance.  The HC takes 90 to 100% of the damage.  I park in the same places, roughly, so bad driving is out of the question.  So, I went from 35 minutes, to 98 today.  In NONE of my 75 armada hits did I come CLOSE to that number.  Kixeye, this is dirty.  On one hand you roll out these lower repair times, making us think you are doing us a favor, but you increase our damage nearly 200%???  

So, all those old weapons that do more damage, guess what folks, the damage our enemy does is even more.  It more than makes up for the 20-40% reduction in armour repair times.  So Kix, why aren't you bragging about this to your loyal customers?  Hmmm?  I'll never spend another dime on this game, because you people are dishonest to the core.  It's who you are.  You give us a nickel and you take a dollar, while bragging about your generosity.  
    im gonna have to agree that they upped the damage (although they have never admitted to changing things like that so i doubt they will now) , hitting 75's with my HC fleet has been 25-45 second repair per, i just ran through a bunch of them and they were all 60-90 seconds. i could do a lvl 55 stronghold for autorepair and now its a half hour. i knew the reduced repair times was too good to be true. its not me who will suffer for it but the new players, who prolly wont stay very long.....
  • Drax
    Drax
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,755

NO we are not NO NO NO...
  • Digger_D7
    Digger_D7
    Skilled Warrior
    I am in agreement with the person that said docks should be a insta repair, if there down your out of the game for 2 and half hours.
  • Liam Dunne
    Liam Dunne
    edited 9 Dec 2015, 2:40PM
    Darn I forgot that those new 80mins are AFTER new repair reduction and the 35 mins was before.......

so if Kixie didn't give a MAJOR buff to weapons,  those 35 mins of repair prior to update, should have dropped to 28 mins.

Ok i ran a test on the 75, didnt go in from normal side but difinitely noticed they gave me a lot more damage... So to sum up al my tests i dotn think missile or ballistics in existing targets got buffed but it looks like the arbs in armada did... oddly enough the first 5 volleys gave me virtually no damage,,, the next 3 wiped out 1 ship 
  • crazyjr2
    crazyjr2
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 1,039
    My FC fleet was around 4 hours repairs, possibly 4 hours 5 minutes. After the update, 3 hours 33 minutes, a total of between 27 and 30 mniutes. Not enough to get anyone really playing, but the whales already playing, to be honest, That is a total of between 108 minutes and 2 hours reduction, It is a good start at least
  • Charlie Pugwash
    Charlie Pugwash
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2,576
    edited 8 Dec 2015, 7:59PM
    This is insane. It amounts to a massive increase to the damage taken by all non-elite players at every stage of the game, and to even them in things like armadas, cargo, FM, etc. Many of the low-mid level players ships will not have increased in power at all since so many components got a weight decrease they can't use without a refit/at all due to lack of slots.

Plus the repair calculations are broken, and also, punish you for stopping and starting repair, i.e. if you want to quickly coin the repair on another fleet.
    Right before a raid.
    And I hate to think what it's done to the playability of the old campaigns.

Utter insanity.
    • "Best of luck, Captains! And may the odds be ever in your favour..."

• Raids Boycotted: Hellstrike, Lightning Carrier, Enforcer, Neptune- and at this rate, the entire upcoming Reaver raid series.

• First played: Shortly After Revenge Raid 2

• Digger_D7
    Digger_D7
    Skilled Warrior
    Digger_D7 said:
    or maybe we can realistically see the big picture and are not afraid to work to get stuff and dont cry if we dont get 100% everything for free like you are asking.... Investigate me all you like i know i am 100% clean.... we dont agree with you so must be a hack.. very narrow minded
    I am fine with working to get the stuff but when your build and repair times are so insane you can't play or build something as your already doing that.
  • beel78
    beel78
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 8,187
    Holy ****.  I just logged on to my alt and went after a 75 elite so the V2H fleet ranks and I get a little Uranium.  No blades but Harriers.  I'm glad the punch has been increased on them but I am wondering if raid targets are going to be reflected in the difficulty due to the increase in damage output.
  • peter.brown.71619
    peter.brown.71619
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 12
    So..... Kixeye asked BV for 3 months, and it's taken them 3 months just to come up with a post outlining a bunch of stuff "coming soon" at some point next year.

The worst of it is, i've heard almost all of this before, and it just smells of more smoke and mirrors and delaying tactics to me.

I'll wait and see what these "Sweeping changes to weapons and armor" are that are meant to be coming this month but I have heard absolutely nothing in this post that convinces me this game is worth persevering with going into 2016.
    Maybe read it a bit more, they stated a lot but not all of this will be coming in December.... I am actually happy with this post, as it shows a lot of thought has gone into this not just a whim of an ill thought out solution... and Some of this is massive change that can take up to 6 months to code... 3 mths to research redesign code and test was never going to happen, some changes are coming, good... and we have outlines of other linger term items in progress.... not there yet but this is a massive step inthe right direction
    and as usual you liem are part of the  bp hype im thinking more kixeye bullshit
This discussion has been closed.