Removal of Enhanced tokens

CesarDemi
CesarDemi
Strike-force Captain
Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 959

Lex, you closed the thread so following your advice I'm opening this new one aince I have questions about your last response.

You said you would be compensating us for this, but that it wouldn't be Mk-E hulls.
If you promised the hulls already upgraded to Enhanced are not going to be removed, why not giving us the Enhanced hulls we had tokens for?
If not Enhanced hulls, what will be the compensation?

If you say Kixeye is removing the Enhanced hulls (hence the transformation of unused tokens, what warranty do we have that we are not gonna lose them in the future? Be it by getting them transformed into mk2 or just removed from storage...

I think we need more explanations.
Take your time to ask the geniuses taking decisions, and be sure this isn't against you, but we need answers.

• CesarDemi
    CesarDemi
    Strike-force Captain

BTW, I filed a support ticket when there was still like 3 hs till downtime to ask for a Trident Enhanced in exchange of the one being built in my factory and the enhanced token I have.

I'm waiting for a reply over there too.

• TheBigCheeze
    TheBigCheeze
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 55

I filed a ticket requesting the rapture blueprint for them taking my trident token fingers crossed :)

• Emax-1222
    Emax-1222
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 249
    I just want all my existing MK E hulls converted to the new system :/

• AussieJohn
    AussieJohn
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 315
    Truth be told anyone with MKE hull tokens still wasn't using them anyway. I am going to lose a Fury. Wonder what we will get?  It would have been nice to have notice but I am glad LXC sorted it out. The only MKE hulls any good really are the battleship for the move speed and turning. BUT, they are **** sure worth more than the MK2 token trade, My fury cost me 140 BA. I would be happy with any bp I do not have...rapture or heretic.
  • CesarDemi
    CesarDemi
    Strike-force Captain

I have a Trident in factory with less than 5 days. I lost my MkE by that much just because Kix decided this overnight. So no, don't tell me I wasn't using it anyway.

• CesarDemi
    CesarDemi
    Strike-force Captain
    @CM LXC, @Todd7123

Would you mind to shed some light on these questions?? Or ping Lex if you can, Todd, since he has problems being tagged here...
  • xXwarhammerXx
    xXwarhammerXx
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 173
    If kixeye ever removes mkE entirely, they need to convert to at least mk4. Why? Because of speed, my friend. Speed is what allows single ships to escape being murdered by carriers and battleships. Speed is what allows for effective kiting. Burst cutters are amazing, but imagine them with less speed. Not so good anymore. Since the new mk upgrades eliminate speed boosts, we need a much higher mk to compensate for mkE
  • FusionInferno1
    FusionInferno1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 8,729
    mk2 is what made me go WTF... cause if i remember correctly they were suppose to be MK3 not 2

just existing at this point

• duke7883
    duke7883
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 74

Lxc commented in the other thread that they went with mk2 tokens because they could only do a direct swap and since you need a mk2 before a mk3 to upgrade it made more sense to give us that. Not saying I agree or disagree, just giving the reasoning behind that decision. It will most likely be different concerning actual ships if that change comes in the future.

• FusionInferno1
    FusionInferno1
    Unicorn Overlord
    duke7883 said:

Lxc commented in the other thread that they went with mk2 tokens because they could only do a direct swap and since you need a mk2 before a mk3 to upgrade it made more sense to give us that. Not saying I agree or disagree, just giving the reasoning behind that decision. It will most likely be different concerning actual ships if that change comes in the future.

they need to give something worth it mke upgrades are far superior to mk2 bullshit... give enough upgrades to update a hull to mk3 then... mke are the equivalent to mk5 hulls in terms of mass and the speed makes up for the missing other modifiers... mk2 is nothing compared to a enhanced upgrade

• ChukChuk
    ChukChuk
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 11
    Just lost 2 MK-E rev tickets and 3 gen tickets. Is it possible to get empty enhanced hulls as a compensation instead?
  • FusionInferno1
    FusionInferno1
    Unicorn Overlord
    ChukChuk said:
    Just lost 2 MK-E rev tickets and 3 gen tickets. Is it possible to get empty enhanced hulls as a compensation instead?
    enhanced had been discontinued so thats nvr gonna happen

• ChukChuk
    ChukChuk
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 11
    That sucks. I now have an incomplete mk-e gen fleet and a single mk-e rev.
  • FusionInferno1
    FusionInferno1
    Unicorn Overlord
    ChukChuk said:
    That sucks. I now have an incomplete mk-e gen fleet and a single mk-e rev.
    i nvr had a full mke gen fleet... actually i only have 1 mke gen and 1 mke rev... along with a mke ven 6 mke rancs (i nvr use ._.) and a mke talon... i love my single mke gen though :D noobs hate it

• Pekkali
    Pekkali
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 52
    edited 3 Dec 2015, 7:42PM
    Sadly, the "compensation" for the lost enhanced upgrade tokens not worth the trouble of contacting support. Here is the Kixeye view, I made support ticket about losing one Fury MKE token and one Revelation MKE token:

"While these old enhanced hulls are far outclassed by hulls that have gotten up to Mk III and above, we do understand that some players like yourself wanted to keep some enhanced versions but did not have enough time to use these these tokens before the deploy. While we will be unable to credit back any of the Enhanced tokens that were converted, what we can do is help get you on your way to the Mk III variety for the hulls you still had Enhanced Tokens for. I have credited you with the following ingredients:

Pattern Fury Battleship Mk III 1
    Core Battleship Core T3 3

Pattern Revelation Cruiser Mk III 1
    Core Cruiser Core T3 3

Now once you have used your Mk II tokens on your hulls you should have a much easier time upgrading them to Mk III. I hope this helps and good luck out in the Void!"

In what bloody way do mk3 versions far outclass the enhanced hull?

• CCavey
    CCavey
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 382

Same crap on my end. One mk3 pattern and three tier 3 cores per MkE pattern lost. Absolutely ridiculous.

• FusionInferno1
    FusionInferno1
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 3 Dec 2015, 7:56PM
    the mk3 is suppose to equal the mke... the mke's advantage is mk5 like mass and a slight speed upgrade with a low boost in one type of ability that suits the ship... the mk3 upgrade depending on the hull adds 10% mass (half a mke's mass boost) certain weight reductions (not all mk e upgrades have this ability) and 1 or maybe even 2 extra modifiers (instead of speed a battleship gets a phased affect added to it) the mk3 also has a damage boost towards a specific class depending on the ship... mk3 equals the mke upgrade while mk4 is the one that outclasses it (do to the extra slot) however i do agree that we shoulda just got a mk2 and 3 upgrade immediately rather than having to work a bit for the mk3 just to upgrade a ship we planned for mke to mk3

• duke7883
    duke7883
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 74
    Really brutal compensation there. I already had enough mats to make mk2/3 tokens for the fury...there was a reason I hadn't. These cores at least will go towards a dread upgrade, which in the most marginal way is better than nothing. I suppose it's the thought that counts though. Gonna have to hop on mobile and convert those patterns to cores while I'm at it before apple pushes through the update.
  • capitanbarba
    capitanbarba
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 67

It is disrespectful to the players who spend time and money on the game
  • Pekkali
    Pekkali
    Potential Threat
    Pekkali said:
    Sadly, the "compensation" for the lost enhanced upgrade tokens not worth the trouble of contacting support. Here is the Kixeye view, I made support ticket about losing one Fury MKE token and one Revelation MKE token:

"While these old enhanced hulls are far outclassed by hulls that have gotten up to Mk III and above, we do understand that some players like yourself wanted to keep some enhanced versions but did not have enough time to use these these tokens before the deploy. While we will be unable to credit back any of the Enhanced tokens that were converted, what we can do is help get you on your way to the Mk III variety for the hulls you still had Enhanced Tokens for. I have credited you with the following ingredients:

Pattern Fury Battleship Mk III 1
    Core Battleship Core T3 3

Pattern Revelation Cruiser Mk III 1
    Core Cruiser Core T3 3

Now once you have used your Mk II tokens on your hulls you should have a much easier time upgrading them to Mk III. I hope this helps and good luck out in the Void!"

In what bloody way do mk3 versions far outclass the enhanced hull?

Really, Kixeye?

I just found out some in my alliance got a pattern T3, 3x core T3 AND 30 parts and a load of armaments for their stolen MKE credits.

So in addition to the compensation being rather underhanded, some are treated better than others?

WAY TO GO!
  • Adamantine Zoroark
    Adamantine Zoroark
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,677
    i pretty much got a DIY kit for a free mk3 fury, they didnt take my mk2 token away and by the wording im guessing that was intentional
    "when you use your mk2 token you will be well on your way to mk3"
    sounds like im supposed to keep the mk2 token so ill keep it
    it takes an anvil to make an anvil, begs the question where the first anvil came from
  • Pekkali
    Pekkali
    Potential Threat
    edited 4 Dec 2015, 2:59PM
    @ZEDTHECAT: did they give parts and armaments to you too, then?

May be my lesser compensation was just a prsonal screw you...
  • Numero uno
    Numero uno
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 52
    edited 4 Dec 2015, 6:15PM
    had a rev E token , got rev mk3 with some cores, would be nice to also get the parts.
  • Maniac_75
    Maniac_75
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 5
    edited 4 Dec 2015, 9:34PM

You are kidding me? MK-E ships are unique. Much MORE better than any new MK-Hull, whether rank 1 or 5. I extra SAVED this pattern for building some nice and fast PvP ship in the future and now I get a total crappy MK2 pattern which I can build a lot already? Even if I would get MK2 till MK5 I would not trade only one of my MKE ships. That’s same you take 10$ from me and I get 1$ from you. You are serious?

I want my ships back:

1 Fury MKE

1 Revelation MKE

3 Venom MKE

5 Rancor MKE

Before an hour I still think: Wow, the last patch was really well and no new bugs. The next moment I can read I have lost all my most valuable pattern. You know how disappointed customers ...