FM Changes and Content - Official Discussion

• BloodRavenFavian
    BloodRavenFavian
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 8,212
    PLANK67 said:
    can a mod tell us if Kix is working on the mission targets or is this just the way it is going to be ? 

"Working on" in what way? 
    We are always watching. Quiet ≠ safe.

• GFY_ASAP
    GFY_ASAP
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 117
    Why not just get rid of the **** map targets and put the strongholds into the campaign system? Then we can just just pick which level we want to hit and not have a reason to asume kixeye is just trying to force us to hit the targets they want us too instead of what we want to hit. When weekly missions started we where told it was supposed to help players catch up, this new "improvement" does not seem to follow that path
  • Liam Dunne
    Liam Dunne
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,538
    Rustdog said:
    The low down of this FM..

1. The level 75s and 85s have taken over the map.

2. The lower level targets are from none to over 3min's away with use of tower's.

3. The 85's can be done YES but for the one's with the teck or Hulls that over half of the player base DO NOT HAVE!!!

4. The level playing field is not in this mission, It was before this change.

5. The player's have had no say in this game or should I say the Target's of MISSION's nor RAID's the time for a change is needed before the loss of many more Pirate's..

Have fun Pirate's... Let the Game be Forever in the FAVOR of the BP team and KIXEYE..
    Was the level playing field in the prior missions, i remember lots complaining on here that they could not get 4.5M.......  Not everyone should be able to get to elite... i want does not mean i get..... play within your means... and the tech in tier 3 is a hue help to all levels but now ye can get 2 a week... thats actually making it easier for players to catch up
  • desertfalcon98
    desertfalcon98
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 47
    Drax said:
    My tactics for this weekly mission:

First the ships;
    I have Gores built and ranked
    I have crus built and ranked
    I have V2C's built and ranked
    I have various UAV fleets
    plus a few other odds and sods that can do OK, including frosty

I have some tactics learnt from previous raids, weeklies and a few other little battles along the way, including countermeasure ships, decoys and heavy thug vehicles built to take a pounding in front of the main fleet. 

Step 1: Watch and learn. Watch other pirates, see where they fail, see what works gather evidence and experience from them. Ask for tips and even build of the fleets that do well.
    Step 2: Get ready to put some of that learning into practice, start to modify any fleet that needs a tweak.
    Step 3: Do the easy route to tier 3 same as I always do - that bit is in the bag.
    Step 4: Dip toes into the water of the 85. try a single cuda to see what I can get away with (a zombie fleet is good here and does not matter if it gets tagged). For all hits use the hit and run ready to run and abort to limit damage. For most targets I nearly always send in a gunboat first to check the max range of turrets and fleet speeds.
    Step 5: I am now stepping up the attack, or braving the water - send a fleet in with a decoy sub see what that does.
    Step 6: Try they fleet with a counter measure ship
    Step 7: Try the fleet with the massively armored JuggX up front taking the hits and making use of the evade
    Step 8: Review all I have learnt 
    Step 9: be prepared to walk away and come back next week after my fleets have been modified 
    Step 10: repeat tests for modified ships 
    step 11: go for it
    Step 12: review how I did - improve fleets again and keep repeating until i consistently beat the 85 with minimal damage  -  and keep an eye on the forums for tips and tricks, youtube for vids and the professor for any goodies there.

But most of all don't just jump in cold to see what happens, that leads to an ouchie!
    but what about small and med lvl players?
    they gonna pissed alot that they dont have good fleets or still building them
  • ThreeEyedCrow
    ThreeEyedCrow
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 302

What else you gonna do, kid? Quit? bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You're throwing a tantrum....and that's completely your choice to do.  But you seem to think that there are other options currently available for your dilemma and unfortunately there are not. Sure, they could plop a few 27s right around your base just to make your life a little bit less stressful, a bit easier, a bit cheaper......but they didn't.... and they aren't.  We were offering you an alternative to allow you to get your points the easy and cheap way you prefer.  However, you seem really ungrateful towards our attempts to assist you.......lol

We?

• ThreeEyedCrow
    ThreeEyedCrow
    Skilled Warrior

Nevermind. People will quit though. I am closely watching this and if nothing changes I will quit. I plan on posting the video of me scrapping all of my ships and base.

• Krozar
    Krozar
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 138
    why no uranium on the second run that was the only thing worth doing the second run for typical offer what seems a great way for lower players to gain uranium then take it away yet another great idea spoilt 
  • Rustdog
    Rustdog
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 749
    PLANK67 said:
    can a mod tell us if Kix is working on the mission targets or is this just the way it is going to be ? 

I think they'er asking for MORE LOWER LEVEL TARGET's!!!    Sorry just think ya just mite get that now..

• Muttonhead Masher
    Muttonhead Masher
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 385
    SO will a zombie cuda fleet kill the  a torp tower?  and step 0 for above coin fleets 

Will harbin CEO co owner and founder of kixeye ... everyone has chance to get top prize by using money or by using time .
  • Liam Dunne
    Liam Dunne
    ahmeda97 said:
    Drax said:

First the ships;

I have some tactics learnt from previous raids, weeklies and a few other little battles along the way, including countermeasure ships, decoys and heavy thug vehicles built to take a pounding in front of the main fleet. 

Step 1: Watch and learn. Watch other pirates, see where they fail, see what works gather evidence and experience from them. Ask for tips and even build of the fleets that do well.
    Step 2: Get ready to put some of that learning into practice, start to modify any fleet that needs a tweak.
    Step 3: Do the easy route to tier 3 same as I always do - that bit is in the bag.
    Step 4: Dip toes into the water of the 85. try a single cuda to see what I can get away with (a zombie fleet is good here and does not matter if it gets tagged). For all hits use the hit and run ready to run and abort to limit damage. For most targets I nearly always send in a gunboat first to check the max range of turrets and fleet speeds.
    Step 5: I am now stepping up the attack, or braving the water - send a fleet in with a decoy sub see what that does.
    Step 7: Try the fleet with the massively armored JuggX up front taking the hits and making use of the evade
    Step 9: be prepared to walk away and come back next week after my fleets have been modified 
    Step 12: review how I did - improve fleets again and keep repeating until i consistently beat the 85 with minimal damage  -  and keep an eye on the forums for tips and tricks, youtube for vids and the professor for any goodies there.

But most of all don't just jump in cold to see what happens, that leads to an ouchie!
    we were all small and mid level pirates wthout the latest tech at some point, you get stronger as you grow and then can achieve more... It sounds like you just want everythign handed to you.....   Small players should be targeting tier 2 at best (what we did when we were small) mid players should reach tier 3 with some hard work( same as we had to do when we were mid) but now ye get to take 2 prizes a week something we never had
  • Youngman300
    Youngman300
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 869
    edited 22 Jul 2015, 8:55PM
    edited.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.

• thedragonslay3r
    thedragonslay3r
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 1,331
    edited 22 Jul 2015, 7:12PM
    GFY_ASAP said:
    Why not just get rid of the **** map targets and put the strongholds into the campaign system? Then we can just just pick which level we want to hit and not have a reason to asume kixeye is just trying to force us to hit the targets they want us too instead of what we want to hit. When weekly missions started we where told it was supposed to help players catch up, this new "improvement" does not seem to follow that path
    That would be awesome, definitely. I'd love that. However, I will say that I was forced out of my comfort zone when they made changes to the FM which "lowered map target counts" to where only 65s were popping up around me (I was over level 60 at that point). I attempted 65s, and got really good at them with old tech to boot.

So, with that said, I'm optimistic about the new targets, and look forward to tackling them, and figuring them out, and getting good at them. Because 65s were getting old anyways. :p
    "We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender." -Winston Churchill

“We can throw stones, complain about them, stumble on them, climb over them, or build with them.” - William Arthur Ward

"I get my tech. I do it for free. Kix ain't go no strings on me. Weeee!" -thedragonslay3r
  • Dusty_M7
    Dusty_M7
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 32
    hey doom before we could do 4 65 and 1 55 to make it in old FM top teir. i believe u should change the 85 hand out point where we can do 4 85 and 1 75 to reach the top prize i believe 50 million may be a good set climax point but the 85 is bit wayy too tough without a proper amount of point coming out
  • TonyB
    TonyB
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 393

Why would someone want to have to search for targets? It is tedious, time consuming and unenjoyable.

Now that is the question of the ages. Kixeye's system is broken, admittedly. I'd like to see a reformation of their system, because quite frankly it just doesn't work very well. I understand it, but player level is very limited in scope these days to what it actually pertains to the player's capabilities.
    I don't get why it has to be map targets at all these days. They have the capability to have multiple campaigns, as we've seen over the last raid or two. I wonder how much of a drain spawning those map targets are on the servers, compared to one tower beside a base. It would certainly be easier for the players if nothing else, and that has to be worth something.
    I like my games like I like my poops; violent and illogical. 
  • filmbryan1
    filmbryan1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 5,870
    bring it on. Let's see if this new weekly is fun or not. 
    You will only receive my scorn from this point forward
  • Liam Dunne
    Liam Dunne
    Dusty_M7 said:
    hey doom before we could do 4 65 and 1 55 to make it in old FM top teir. i believe u should change the 85 hand out point where we can do 4 85 and 1 75 to reach the top prize i believe 50 million may be a good set climax point but the 85 is bit wayy too tough without a proper amount of point coming out
    its called elite for a reason.... its suppose to be tough.... Try team up with people, work out eh best prep techniques etc.... some willhave fleets for 1 part and others a fleet for another part... Think of tactics
  • ralph.w.childers
    ralph.w.childers
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 57
    Where has all the 40's gone KiX you are putting too many 75 and and 85s and wiped away 34s and 40s from the map! Now how can determine that this raid raid lite? raid lite because we have  no 1/2 time reapir. 
  • thebeerman66648
    thebeerman66648
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 62
    ok t3 is now 4.5 but why is t4 now 50mill
  • Liam Dunne
    Liam Dunne

@ThreeEyedCrow said:

Nevermind. People will quit though. I am closely watching this and if nothing changes I will quit. I plan on posting the video of me scrapping all of my ships and base.

you are going to quit because you can do exaclty what you could do last week??? WOW i cant have so i will scream till i get it.... work on better fleets then try them..... 
  • Doombunny
    Doombunny
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,332
    GFY_ASAP said:
    oh my god, THIS.  Talk about your blindingly obvious solutions, kixeye!
  • Liam Dunne
    Liam Dunne
    edited 22 Jul 2015, 7:17PM
    ok t3 is now 4.5 but why is t4 now 50mill
    T3 has the old t4 PRIZES, T2 Is old T3 and T1 is old t1 and T2 combined
  • Drax
    Drax
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,755
    ahmeda97 said:
    Drax said:

First the ships;

small level playes should be going for tier 1 and maybe grind out tier 2 - small level players should not be expecting to get to elite level...Every one looking at the top level prize and expecting to get it should not be the norm... 
  • paul.byrne.319
    paul.byrne.319
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 487
    does anyone think 50 million is a bit excessive for tier 4?
    im going to fall behind if i dont do it,
    and it requires serious hours and maybe heavy coins every week to get it done  
  • ThreeEyedCrow
    ThreeEyedCrow
    Skilled Warrior

@BloodRavenFavian said:
    PLANK67 said:

As in 50 million points is bullshit, 72 hours is not enough time, people are struggling to find targets and the new outposts are very difficult for most players. I think in those ways.

• Drax
    Drax
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,755
    SO will a zombie cuda fleet kill the  a torp tower?  and step 0 for above coin fleets 

nope stop 0 is not coin fleets - you should build them slow and get some experience along the way - there is no rush, you have been around long enough to know that everything gets superseded by the latest and greatest, you just need the fleet built that copes with most situations.
  • GFY_ASAP
    GFY_ASAP
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 117
    GFY_ASAP said:
    That would be awesome, definitely. I'd love that. However, I will say that I was forced out of my comfort zone when they made changes to the FM which "lowered map target counts" to where only 65s were popping up around me (I was over level 60 at that point). I attempted 65s, and got really good at them with old tech to boot.

So, with that said, I'm optimistic about the new targets, and look forward to tackling them, and figuring them out, and getting good at them. Because 65s were getting old anyways. :p

This account's base is in no way ready for the newer targets so I won't be trying them anytime soon, but it seems unlikely that a single fleet in a single hit will have much success, except for a few whales with uber fleets, so putting them in campaign system will also prevent people stealing half killed targets.  That alone will most likely make more people try the harder targets.  But judging by all past decisions by Kixeye, using the campaign system is just too logical and player friendly for Kix to ever do.
  • thebeerman66648
    thebeerman66648
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 62
    50 mill good luck getting coin from me
  • James Bertram
    James Bertram
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 152
    does anyone think 50 million is a bit excessive for tier 4?
    im going to fall behind if i dont do it,
    and it requires serious hours and maybe heavy coins every week to get it done  
    15-20 mil over 3 days would be fair, or 40 mill over an entire week. 50 mil over 3 days is just a money grab which I'm hoping the mega coiners don't go for. That is the only way Kixeye ever makes a change, when the coins stop coming in.

I actually don't mind the 75/85 (used my V2-C/Avenger fleet). Sorta fun but the cost of repairs to meet the quota is not possible. It takes the strategy out of a strategy game. If kixeye went with the above format, they'd get a lot more coin than they will with their method.
  • Liam Dunne
    Liam Dunne
    GFY_ASAP said:
    GFY_ASAP said:

This account's base is in no way ready for the newer targets so I won't be trying them anytime soon, but it seems unlikely that a single fleet in a single hit will have much success, except for a few whales with uber fleets, so putting them in campaign system will also prevent people stealing half killed targets.  That alone will most likely make more people try the harder targets.  But judging by all past decisions by Kixeye, using the campaign system is just too logical and player friendly for Kix to ever do.
    a frosty SCX or a frosty Crusader fleet can do 2 85's ... frosty scx i not an oober fleet, its actually mainly and old hull refitted to be effective
  • Muttonhead Masher
    Muttonhead Masher
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 385
    pablooso3 said:
    Simplest way for me to answer this. A) go F*ck yourself.

Oh, and one more time. Go F*ck yourself. 
    ooooooo, I love it when they start using the real dirty words......bwahahahahahahahahaha.  When all other attempts at trying to support a weak position fail, curse mightily to scare them off.  That will really make your point for ya.....

Great job tackling the actual logic of my post. 

The spawning of lower level targets is broken. Try talking about that. Until then. Go fu*k yourself. 
    This would fix that   feel free to chime in on it  https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/560907

Will harbin CEO co owner and founder of kixeye ... everyone has chance to get top prize by using money or by using time .
This discussion has been closed.