Some Tips for new players

D3L7A
D3L7A
Force to be Reckoned With
Joined May 2013 Posts: 1,792
Being a new player myself, i would like to share some of my Strategies which have helped me survive and thrive in War Commander
  • Use your bubble(protection) wisely. Use it to Get used to the game and to prepare your base  
  • Scout your sector, make friends in chat. If your sector is dominated by clans, try to join one. If you don't, the clans will see you as "fair game" and attack you. They will gang up you if you take their deposits and that will leave you resource deprived. It is also more fun in a Clan 
  • Be active and polite in your sector and in Chat, this will make people recognise you and even if you are not part of a clan, treat you like a member.
  • When Attacking buildings, put an expendable(cheap) unit ahead. When infantry pop out of the destroyed building, they will attack the expendable unit first, giving your main force time to kill them
  • Use a fast unit as mortar bait. I prefer the honey badger. Make them run around the Mortar Turret, giving your other units time to kill it. Your bait will not die if you do it right, as the mortars will fall behind it.
  • Surround your important structures(Storages, CC, Power plants) with barricades and groups of Closely packed MGs and mortars

Also. a glossary of in game slang
  • Bubble(noun): Damage protection. e.g: He is in a bubble
  • Bubble(verb): To attack someone and put him in damage protection. e.g: Bubble that guy
  • Depo/Depot: Resource deposit
Feel free to share more and improve on mine. 

War Commander level: 29, Home Sector : 265.  Ater Honos Forum Officer
Event/Sickle Prizes: Plasma Turret, Gladiator, Shock Trooper, FAV, Hellstorm, Hellfire, Gatling Truck, Attack Dog, Stinger,Elite Riflemen , Honey Badger, Colossus

Next event unit LEAK!!: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/402782
See my Unit Parodies for a laugh: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/396069

Turtling is not a strategy, It's a weakness 
  • TroyW
    TroyW
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,760
    edited 5 Jun 2013, 5:54PM
    Here are a few more:

Looting Rogue Bases:
    • Skip the Resource Producing Buildings ( the Oil Pumps & Metal Factories ) when looting a Rogue base. If you are concerned with loosing to many units to the Last Stand Units ( the Men that come out after a building is destroyed) then avoid destroying any other buildings other than the Resource Storage & Command Center.  The Producers only hold  about 5% of the total Oil and Metal that can be looted from a Rogue Base.  ( See Pic Below) 
    • Some Rogue bases Re-spawn.  That is they will reappear in  the same spot 60 sec after the previous one is destroyed and removed from the map.  This saves time hunting down a level you are comfortable in attacking.
    • Don't destroy the Command Center to keep farming the same Rogue.  If you find a layout that is particularly easy for you to get resources out of then just destroy the Resource Storage's and then wait 12 hours and the Rogue base will repair and refill itself.  You can prevent anyone form destroying the open CC usually by just parking a platoon out side of the Rogue base.
    • Rogues with little Resources and Light Defense doesn't mean it's not worth it.  Small level Rogue bases that have only a few thousand in Resources but are lightly defended and can quickly be destroyed can sometimes be better and more profitable to attack then Rogues with a few million in Resources.  This is due to he Bonus Resources you get if no Special Op is awarded after destroying a Command Center.  These bonuses have a wide range of amount but top out at 5,000,000 Metal & 5,000,000 oil.   You have the same chance of finding this after destroying a Level 5 Rogue as you do with a Level 30.  In fact there is a higher chance of finding on a Level 5 because they do not give Special Op's only Bonuses.  ( Level 5 and below do not award Special Op's ).

Attacking Rogue Bases:

• Destroyed Buildings are not mined.  When in doubt about where land mines might be a destroyed building is always safe to drive over because a building and mines can not share the same space.  
    • Get as close to your target as you can before you click it to attack ( for non R.U.B.I. assisted attacks ).  If you are to far from your target when you select it for attack ground units can take unintended routes as they approach for the attack. These accidental routes can take you over mines and into the range of other defenses.  But if you manually maneuver your units in close before attacking then they will go in a straight line to the intended target.  
    • Ask for help with Big Thorium Deposits.  In some peaceful sectors if you run across a Thorium deposit that you can't capture ask if someone higher in level than you for help in estrange for a portion of the Thorium.
    • Land Mines don't move.  The same Rogue Layout will have its land mines in the same spot every time just like the buildings are in the same spot.  So when you "find" mines while attacking take a screen shot and or make notes as to where they were located so the next time you come across the same layout you will know how to avoid them. 

More to come.....

For new and not so new players use the WC Wiki as a source for valuable information.  

Speaking of the wiki I will try and integrate these and any others posted here into it.

Here a pic showing amount of resources in the different buildings ;

imageimageimage

WAR COMMANDER WIKIA

Lead Administrator
  • Dead walker
    Dead walker
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 16
    i hit a level 10 one time and  got 8 mill from it
  • D3L7A
    D3L7A
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 1,792
    Thanks for keeping my thread Alive

Rick, Sometimes you get bonus Resources instead of Special Ops when killing the Command Centre
    War Commander level: 29, Home Sector : 265.  Ater Honos Forum Officer
    Event/Sickle Prizes: Plasma Turret, Gladiator, Shock Trooper, FAV, Hellstorm, Hellfire, Gatling Truck, Attack Dog, Stinger,Elite Riflemen , Honey Badger, Colossus

Next event unit LEAK!!: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/402782
    See my Unit Parodies for a laugh: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/396069

Turtling is not a strategy, It's a weakness 
  • Ice-AAR
    Ice-AAR
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 126
    Troyww said:

• Don't destroy the Command Center to keep farming the same Rogue.  If you find a layout that is particularly easy for you to get resources out of then just destroy the Resource Storage's and then wait 12 hours and the Rogue base will repair and refill itself.  You can prevent anyone form destroying the open CC usually by just parking a platoon out side of the Rogue base. 

Worst advice ever, take the CC plz it's really annoying for others players. 

• Chen Yi Ru
    Chen Yi Ru
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 11
    ok, tanksyou very much :D:D
    "YOU HIT ME, WE HIT YOU"
  • TroyW
    TroyW
    Unicorn Overlord
    Ice-AAR said:
    Troyww said:

Worst advice ever, take the CC plz it's really annoying for others players. 

I was talking about 1 or 2 rogues outside of the players base.

When I was a low level player I had 2 AC 35's, I think, that were right outside my base and in a inside corner of a mountain range.  So I just surrounded them with 4 or 5 plats and farmed them every day.

I wasn't out farming everyone I see and leaving the CC, just the 2 that no one would approach because I had them pinned in with my plats.

Players get annoyed when they pull up to a rogue, scout it and find it has been stripped but since they are not going to be coming up to one that is blocked from them doing so this should not be annoying to anyone.

Also when I wrote these little tips things were different. Rogue Bases came in EVERY level form 3 to 35 and there were a lot more due to the fact there were less players ( at least in my sector ), deposit and types of rouges on the map at the time.

WAR COMMANDER WIKIA

Lead Administrator
  • TroyW
    TroyW
    Unicorn Overlord
    I'm not sure if the Resource distribution is still the same in a base as it was back then.  I should verify it again.

WAR COMMANDER WIKIA

Lead Administrator
  • kixeyeuser_37537580_11732_8041066
    kixeyeuser_37537580_11732_8041066
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 1
    40 okwar 18 

• BombSquadUnit
    BombSquadUnit
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 2
    i wish i could repair instantly for my units they take forever