Official Apocalypse Event Discussion (Merged Thread)

• jasondodge1976
    jasondodge1976
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 173
    raid is a joke, plain and simple! tried a 47 and this ships do about 80 mph! You can keep your prizes kix because nobody going to be around to use them! Def increased the difficulty not lowered. Bamboozled yet again by kixeye, what they are actually good at. I'm out not for me! Haven't coined in ages and will most likely never coin again! Falling so far behind it just seems like not worth playing anymore. Too much too fast and more so too expensive. Not going to drop a small fortune on a game that is dying quickly. Have fun with ur whales cause only people u will have left soon enough. 
  • David May
    David May
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 59
    If you're doing this raid...SUCKERS!!!
  • JawboneJack
    JawboneJack
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 17
    Kixeye you are just too greedy. Period. I can't believe you think this is fun for us. You are killing this game, not us. Now there is no gray area there. Wake up.

• bob.did.18
    bob.did.18
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 1
    only getting 1/2 the points leader board shows me at 1.4mil but saying 700k on event tab
  • CM DOOMROOSTER
    CM DOOMROOSTER
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 4,939
    We are aware of issues with battle servers at this time. Our team is currently working on a hot fix. Thanks for your patience. 
    What about the difficulty? Seems its harder than last time judging by some of these comments? 

Come Roosty, give me some answers to me and the fellow Captains ;)

Must say, I was looking forward to it when heard difficulty was less but seeing these comments is making me look forward to the beer I shall consume in numbers tomorrow evening...come on Roosty, give me some hope for this evening. 

From what I've experienced, it looks like the best value for hitting may end up being the Elite campaign. If you can co-op with other players for the 2nd campaign, that may be helpful as well.  I'm in the Siege campaign and found that UAVs or missiles work best for the first 1-3 encounters and either Hellstrikes with Inferno Rockets or long range missiles are best for encounter 4 and 5. Mastodons, Kodiaks, MCXs, etc

Take advantage of stationary targets by preparing your approach. The closest target is not always the one you should hit first, I've found. 

For the Elite, I find that taking out the guarding fleets before the outlying turrets is best. Then, skirt the outer turrets before charging the middle platform. 

Good luck, Captains!
    If you have technical questions, please submit a ticket here.

Having trouble submitting a ticket? Try this link.

Not sure about the rules

I cannot discuss your account ban. Don't ask.
  • BleedinFingers
    BleedinFingers
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 303
    looks like there are only 8 people in our sector doing the raid so far, I won't be one of them. Raids are quickly becoming a thing of the past for me, the ridiculous difficulty level means I have no chance so not going to even try. Whoever came up with the last few raid formats needs to be fired
  • Rustdog
    Rustdog
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 749
    Took two fleet's into siege lost one in the first part killed one ship WOW 68,000 point's for 6 hours of repair's then the other fleet sink's 20 sec's into the 2nd target for a total of 312,000 point's and two fleet's for 12 hours of repair. Raid #3 for the OP in this pay to play so called free to play no longer fun Pirate of a game..

Thanks again for the Info of another loss'ed Raid. Ha ha ha 
  • NytesRevenge
    NytesRevenge
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 8
    This raid is ****, I can barely damage the reavers with a full v2h fleet with 3 seige z missiles each and running wolfpack crew like wth tune your resistances they shouldnt be **** near immune to damage, kinda defeats the purpose
  • DocSavageIII
    DocSavageIII
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 206
    S.O.S. Same Old Shiz.  I understand making money. I understand that raids should not be gimme's. I understand that raid fleets will have the latest tech on them.  But cmon really! The best range Kix allows us is 106 missile and these raid fleets are getting at least 125 range, maybe 130. How do you think I will react to this Kix, spend coin... WRONG!  The raid fleets should have the SAME technology available to all, even if it's the best out there. Fine. But not tech that NO ONE else can win or buy.  
  • Jeff-J
    Jeff-J
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 122
    Pull out your Wallets, Apply for 3 more CCs, Mortgage your house and sell your car. 

Good Luck, Captains!
  • chad.frederick.16
    chad.frederick.16
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 64
    Dont belive Kixeye or the Mods when they said damage was going down they LIED once again !
  • Ray_P
    Ray_P
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2,526
    Jeff-J said:
    We are aware of issues with battle servers at this time. Our team is currently working on a hot fix. Thanks for your patience. 
    Are you also aware that the raid is to **** hard for most of your players.
    They are always aware, they just don't care. 

Hey that rhymes! Oh yeeeaaah!
    I think they do now,  the question is as I said earlier they are now in the position where they have had to roll the dice and dish out high damage in the hope of getting coins.   If they go the lower damage route the economics I think just don't work.  Personally I don't think it's a laugh fest there,  there has to be concern amongst the workforce.
    Ray_P   

Winner of Hellhound, Grimshine, Nighthawk,  V2 C/H, JuggX, Mastedon, Interceptor, Atlas, Viper, Enforcer, Nash, Reaper, Spectre, Hellstrike, Vindicator, Triton, Stingray, Interdictor, Hurricane, MCX, Goliath, Barracuda, Strike Cruiser, Mercury, Mauler, Super Fortress, Battleship, Battle Cruiser,  HHA,  HHB 

Remember at the end of the day it's a game,  it's not your life. 

Sectors 138,  316,  248,  177,   315
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 401
    I have my Stealth Systems at R12 and the sonar on the ships, not the ones with thermal, can see my Hawks before i even get into range of my B torps. WAY TO GO KIKEYE FOR TAKING AWAY ANOTHER WAY FOR US TO DO THE RAID CHEAP. You all say in your Motto PASSION BEFORE PROFIT-- I CALL BS.
    is this another kixeye, going back on its words, they stated THERE WILL BE NO MORE SUPER SONAR. 

but it is kixeye, more chance of trusting obama

• chad.frederick.16
    chad.frederick.16
    Potential Threat
    Ray_P said:
    Jeff-J said:

I think they do now,  the question is as I said earlier they are now in the position where they have had to roll the dice and dish out high damage in the hope of getting coins.   If they go the lower damage route the economics I think just don't work.  Personally I don't think it's a laugh fest there,  there has to be concern amongst the workforce.
    I hope they all lose there jobs 
  • TraderJack
    TraderJack
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,106
    I think the days of looking forward to raids are done and dusted. I think myself, and many others, look forward to hitting drac bases, doing FM etc more than raids.

When will Kixeye, if at all, listen to the people who put money into this game?

Ludicrous.

Your right Duck
  • greg.meadows.31
    greg.meadows.31
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 120
    Too tough. And too much coin to get what I'd like. So, I'm out too. Good luck anyone who tries.
  • badbadbiker
    badbadbiker
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 94
    you put out brand new fleets with a repair modifier on it. This is like telling me you know your putting out something broken only your to stupid to get it fixed before it is due to be out and have to put a repair modifier on it. Due you all like doings things that make you look badly? Cause after 3 plus years of this you would think you would start getting somethings right by now!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and the new raid MEH. Fire everyone and bring in some fresh meat. You all have been stale for over a year now!!!!!
  • Blackbeards_Ghost
    Blackbeards_Ghost
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 30
    Raid is over for me as well. I am done with this game. Thanks Kixeye for disappointing a long time player. 
  • chad.frederick.16
    chad.frederick.16
    Potential Threat
    Keep on coining they will make it harder next month 
  • david.peet.58
    david.peet.58
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 3
    lost my mercury fleet with high evade and launchers did not hurt the enemy fleet in a 25, 5.5 hours repair for 6k in points, done with raid.
  • mabawsa
    mabawsa
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 359
    Sonar must be 600 on ships, detects 97% cloak eff reapers with **** B. Thought kix were done with mega sonar...
  • chad.frederick.16
    chad.frederick.16
    Potential Threat
    I wonder if when DoomRooster picked his name it was a warning of Doom to the game 
  • Ray_P
    Ray_P
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2,526
    Ray_P said:
    Jeff-J said:

I hope they all lose there jobs 
    I don't,   the folks in the trenches are just doing what they are told.   They don't have a dog in the fight in terms of what direction management wants them to do.   But,  they usually bear the brunt of the outcome don't they?
    Ray_P   

Winner of Hellhound, Grimshine, Nighthawk,  V2 C/H, JuggX, Mastedon, Interceptor, Atlas, Viper, Enforcer, Nash, Reaper, Spectre, Hellstrike, Vindicator, Triton, Stingray, Interdictor, Hurricane, MCX, Goliath, Barracuda, Strike Cruiser, Mercury, Mauler, Super Fortress, Battleship, Battle Cruiser,  HHA,  HHB 

Remember at the end of the day it's a game,  it's not your life. 

Sectors 138,  316,  248,  177,   315
  • Kyle Kleinstuber
    Kyle Kleinstuber
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 21
    edited 12 Mar 2015, 6:48PM
    Holy ****. This raid is IMPOSSIBLE. And seriously, another flamethrower raid? This is like the 4th raid in a row we are doing exactly the same raid. GET SOME FRICKING ORIGINALITY.
This discussion has been closed.