For Invisible Fleets

rod2012
rod2012
Potential Threat
Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 28
Since a lot of people in my alliance slowing down playing due to invisible fleets, why don't Kixeye come up with a drone ship(modelue) to fight those ships. Just saying, so  kixeye doesn't lose more players. Players refusing to even lose ships while doing cargos or missions due to fact they come out of those and get hit by hawks/phantoms or whatever.
  • thedragonslay3r
    thedragonslay3r
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 1,331
    Why a drone ship? Drones are, unfortunately, all but worthless now. I don't think a drone ship would be the answer. A new module for spotting them, yes, I think that would be a good idea. But not drones. In active combat you can already do well enough with the tools out now. BCs are slow, yes, but their thermal at R10 is great. V2s are better as they can be very fast.
    "We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender." -Winston Churchill

“We can throw stones, complain about them, stumble on them, climb over them, or build with them.” - William Arthur Ward

"I get my tech. I do it for free. Kix ain't go no strings on me. Weeee!" -thedragonslay3r
  • Tag32
    Tag32
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,714
    Their are many options for spotting them, R10 battle Cruiser is prob the best non-raid option available to everyone
    If your not paying for what you use, your not the customer.... your the product.
  • thedragonslay3r
    thedragonslay3r
    Incursion Leader
    Tag32 said:
    Their are many options for spotting them, R10 battle Cruiser is prob the best non-raid option available to everyone
    Yes, but I think he is talking about on the world map. At least, that is how I perceived it. In active combat, as I stated, there are options, the BC being the easiest to obtain. And it is a great work horse to boot.
    "We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender." -Winston Churchill

“We can throw stones, complain about them, stumble on them, climb over them, or build with them.” - William Arthur Ward

"I get my tech. I do it for free. Kix ain't go no strings on me. Weeee!" -thedragonslay3r
  • Warblade0
    Warblade0
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 19
    edited 24 Feb 2015, 5:40PM
    Why a drone ship? Drones are, unfortunately, all but worthless now. I don't think a drone ship would be the answer. A new module for spotting them, yes, I think that would be a good idea. But not drones. In active combat you can already do well enough with the tools out now. BCs are slow, yes, but their thermal at R10 is great. V2s are better as they can be very fast.

a suggestion there, if your worried about the phantom nighthawks, an arb with subsonic cavitator rank 1-2 in conjunction with either a mercury or bc works well. I just wish we could have underwater mines or something to that effect that are set ff by proximity, that would solve a lot f issues.
    “Attack is the secret of defense; defense is the planning of an attack. Invincibility lies in defense, the possibility of victory lies in the attack.
    All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.” 
    ― Sun TzuThe Art of War

• thedragonslay3r
    thedragonslay3r
    Incursion Leader
    Warblade0 said:

a suggestion there, if your worried about the phantom nighthawks, an arb with subsonic cavitator rank 1-2 in conjunction with either a mercury or bc works well. I just wish we could have underwater mines or something to that effect that are set ff by proximity, that would solve a lot f issues.
    Again, I think he was referring to the World Map, and seeing NH on the World Map. That would be great. And I wouldn't use a Sub Cav since I have V2-H. :)