Hover Tanks: The most overpowered unit in WC

IJustine
IJustine
Skilled Warrior
Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 468
What I have noticed in the past month is that players with levels as low as 20 are mainly focused in getting a high-level unit in the form of the Hover Tank, and use them almost exclusively in combat especially in the 20s as long as they have these tanks.
Why do the hover tanks have to be so overpowered? KIXEYE really need schematics for other units before this game is going down for good! I always lose because of these tanks! It is not fair, and I have to spend 14 hours of repair of my own hover tanks to deal with the overpowered hover tanks!
This game is really about spamming now! There is no strategy once hover tanks get into play!
IJustine, not iJustine. Or, IJsbrand.
  • IJustine
    IJustine
    Skilled Warrior
    The game is just hover tank spam now because the hover tank has overpowered statistics and so much schematics only a few other units can compete with. It is no longer a strategy game anymore.
  • AA-82
    AA-82
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 14,966
    We were against the hover tanks from the start.
    When they first created the workshop (that nobody wanted) they were going to give the E-Megas the ability to shoot air & we all said we didn't want that so they didn't. (They also promised that custom units would never be put in any rogues if we would give the workshop as chance.)
    They waited a few months & stuck the hovers into the game instead.
    Not satisfied with that, Kixeye buffed the hovers later with dual stinger cannons that fired faster & then the schematics.
    This is just one in a long line of mistakes Kixeye made to drag the game down...
  • IJustine
    IJustine
    Skilled Warrior
    AA-82 said:
    When they first created the workshop (that nobody wanted) they were going to give the E-Megas the ability to shoot air & we all said we didn't want that so they didn't. (They also promised that custom units would never be put in any rogues if we would give the workshop as chance.)
    Not satisfied with that, Kixeye buffed the hovers later with dual stinger cannons that fired faster & then the schematics.
    This is just one in a long line of mistakes Kixeye made to drag the game down...
    And there are so much complaints about how this game is going down because of the imbalance? Besides, many LEvel 20s have unusually weak defensive turrets compared to rogue factions. Add hover tanks (OP) and this game will go down for sure unless there are more schematics.

Nerf the Hover Tanks!
  • AA-82
    AA-82
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 14,966
    AA-82 said:
    And there are so much complaints about how this game is going down because of the imbalance? Besides, many LEvel 20s have unusually weak defensive turrets compared to rogue factions. Add hover tanks (OP) and this game will go down for sure unless there are more schematics.

Nerf the Hover Tanks!
    They did it because we were walking over giant thoriums with EHF/HS & they wanted to nerf anything with a long range & missiles.

They also tried to directly nerf the HS by reducing its range & there was outrage, so instead they went this way - overkill code, buffed hovers, long range turrets, blitz turrets, rocket silo...all of which indirectly nerfed everything that could be used strategically to avoid taking any damage.
  • IJustine
    IJustine
    Skilled Warrior
    AA-82 said:
    They did it because we were walking over giant thoriums with EHF/HS & they wanted to nerf anything with a long range & missiles.

They also tried to directly nerf the HS by reducing its range & there was outrage, so instead they went this way - overkill code, buffed hovers, long range turrets, blitz turrets, rocket silo...all of which indirectly nerfed everything that could be used strategically to avoid taking any damage.
    Did that also include the Level 8+ turrets which outranged almost everything but a few specialty units? Before, Razorbacks are pretty common when range determined everything, and how this is mainly a spam game
  • LovelyDuck
    LovelyDuck
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 309
    Spam game is what war commander has right now. Although many don't like it, what can we do to make them change it? None.
  • Visitorhere
    Visitorhere
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 541
    Haha, here comes the Hover Tank Commander, LOL
  • Doc_B2
    Doc_B2
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 289
    Well lets think that there`s no hover tank, with what u would hit event bases? Will u spam with evanqs? before they shot walls evanqs are being destroyed, so stop crying about inbalanced game. They always fix it. They add unit, in the begining its inbalanced (example`s Spectre, Hs in the very begining etc. ) then they nerf or add something oposit to that overpowered unit. And the fact that only scemethic that is available for new players is hellfire missiles for hovers means that they are not that overpowered for new players
  • jurkiller
    jurkiller
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 78
    stupid idot u dont know how to play that is why u have 14 hours repair
  • jurkiller
    jurkiller
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 78
    What I have noticed in the past month is that players with levels as low as 20 are mainly focused in getting a high-level unit in the form of the Hover Tank, and use them almost exclusively in combat especially in the 20s as long as they have these tanks.
    Why do the hover tanks have to be so overpowered? KIXEYE really need schematics for other units before this game is going down for good! I always lose because of these tanks! It is not fair, and I have to spend 14 hours of repair of my own hover tanks to deal with the overpowered hover tanks!
    This game is really about spamming now! There is no strategy once hover tanks get into play!
    ONLY THING WHY U **** ABOUT IT IS ETHER UR  STUOID OR U WERE TOO LAZY TO GET ALL 3 PACK'S FOR THE HOVERS ANT THAT IS UR FAUL
  • fung.simon1
    fung.simon1
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 864
    Stop whinning, if lower lvls have it then let them fight each other with it.  Hover tanks can be easily killed by elite gladiators, know your arsenal first.
  • HEISENBERG_NL
    HEISENBERG_NL
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 386
    AA-82 said:

Nerf the Hover Tanks!
    Go nerf yourself lol. Cant believe you actually ask for that nerf lol :-1: 

• drag0nsun
    drag0nsun
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 2,434
    let me put it this way hovers are not the most op unit in game in the top 3   yes  other 2 being scorp and vanq but the most over powered of the 3 no the reson why i say this is it has weakness shock fire and  not to meson the weaknest armor of the 3  vanqs can be shocked but can discounted for a time can take more of  a beating  scorps only weakness i mines that i have seen so far  so yeah becareful if you ask for something to be neffed and as they do you will wineing for them to being it back to full power 
  • destroyer1991
    destroyer1991
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 126
    if you want to protect ur self from them go build up some gladiators 

• oldname
    oldname
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 1,920
    Hover Tanks are easy to destroy in many ways and something is not overpowered just because you can destroy them not. The reason so many lower level players had them and all the packs is because they have higher level players doing all the work for them to obtain them and even now with just the missiles available lower level players will not be able to just  obtain them or max upgrade them without higher level players doing all the work for them. if anything the ability for lower level players to just attack high level targets and either destroy one meaningless building to destroy it and gain something. or just attack to take resources after defenses were destroyed should be fixed. This will have results of having more players who actually know how to play the game from having to actually play it themselves and having more players willing to attack other plays and just just sit upgrading afraid to attack and be attacked as such players will leave the game very early. also not as many lower level players would have upgraded Hover Tanks with missiles as they would need to take the time to do what's required to obtain and upgrade them.
  • Redsteel60
    Redsteel60
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 111

Guys .....why bother with these two...obviously this is just a thread with two girls that need to change their tampons

Gilliganous And AA-00.... stop your freaking crying....

Gilliganous......sorry your a low level getting smashed by people 4 levels below you and your nothing but a farm...guess you should have gotten the good stuff when you had a chance. But just because your inept don't ask for our units to get needed to bring everyone down to your level.

AA-00...... its funny you want a legit unit nerfed but wanted desperately to hold onto your glitched units....sorry but the game had to advanced from 2011.....sorry you don't get to only need megas and hellfires anymore

Farmville 3 is probably in beta....You should jump on that

• IJustine
    IJustine
    Skilled Warrior
    It is a mistake to offer hover tanks to lower players
  • nissa353
    nissa353
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 6
    edited 26 Jan 2015, 1:56PM
    So you all believe in Kix video and think HC is overpowered. Lets wait till people spend months to upgrade them and start crying that they r not doing as advertised.
  • IJustine
    IJustine
    Skilled Warrior
    nissa353 said:
    So you all believe in Kix video and think HC is overpowered. Lets wait till people spend months to upgrade them and start crying that they r not doing as advertised.
    Or buff other commander units
  • Redsteel60
    Redsteel60
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 111

God if you are crying like this over a unit.....wait till you hit 30 and get thrown in the shark tank

You will have daily threads about how kixeye needs to do the 4 level thing...

• devyn.clark.1
    devyn.clark.1
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 671

You should change your sig to match your request. :P

That said, the game needs an overhaul... as it says in my sig.

Fact is that HTs beat out EMegas (the old primary unit) when they came out in DPS (damage and RoF), HP, ad Speed. Then, they added an Elite version, extremely powerful schematics, and now a Commander that buffs them even more. This is understandable, as the HT is now what I consider Kixeye's version of their flagship unit- excellent at everything, but not the perfect solution for anything. Still, even in that respect, it's extremely overused.

Vanquishers? Useless in many cases if flame units are available. Floating Towers? The Oni Mk. II can now tear them apart as well with SaA schems, not to mention the Javelin. I'm sure the Scorpion and the newer Red tanks will have counters produced soon enough, not to mention the b*tching that will ensue once people start using the SaA schem for the Mk. II on other player's bases... and then again when Kixeye finds a nerf for said Mk. IIs.

Kixeye needs to stop, reevaluate what each unit can do (and what they are meant to do), and then adjust them accordingly. Update old units, their Schems, base buildings, etc... get rid of the "spam" element that most people don't care for. I get the feeling they tried this event, I have to admit... but the old game still plays that way. Oh, and let's not forget about the bugs. LOL

- War Commander - Lv. 36

Major PVE/Event player; PVP, not so much. Sue me. -WAR COMMANDER NEEDS AN OVERHAUL-

- Vega Conflict - Lv. 43

I suck, but the game is friggin' awesome. :P

Pro-Firearms, Videogame Realism nut, RTS freak, and generally have fun with shooters in general.

Oh... and Final Fantasy. Can't forget Final Fantasy. :)

• IJustine
    IJustine
    Skilled Warrior

Fact is that HTs beat out EMegas (the old primary unit) when they came out in DPS (damage and RoF), HP, ad Speed. Then, they added an Elite version, extremely powerful schematics, and now a Commander that buffs them even more. This is understandable, as the HT is now what I consider Kixeye's version of their flagship unit- excellent at everything, but not the perfect solution for anything. Still, even in that respect, it's extremely overused.

Vanquishers? Useless in many cases if flame units are available. Floating Towers? The Oni Mk. II can now tear them apart as well with SaA schems, not to mention the Javelin. I'm sure the Scorpion and the newer Red tanks will have counters produced soon enough, not to mention the b*tching that will ensue once people start using the SaA schem for the Mk. II on other player's bases... and then again when Kixeye finds a nerf for said Mk. IIs.

Kixeye needs to stop, reevaluate what each unit can do (and what they are meant to do), and then adjust them accordingly. Update old units, their Schems, base buildings, etc... get rid of the "spam" element that most people don't care for. I get the feeling they tried this event, I have to admit... but the old game still plays that way. Oh, and let's not forget about the bugs. LOL

I agree. The truth is there is a flagship unit in each period in WC histor\y once Hellfires are extremely common, now comes Hover Tanks

Nerf these hover tanks - even I primarily use them to fight now and it is making me feel awkward and that this game is no longer realistic like before.
  • devyn.clark.1
    devyn.clark.1
    Strike-force Captain

I agree. The truth is there is a flagship unit in each period in WC histor\y once Hellfires are extremely common, now comes Hover Tanks

Nerf these hover tanks - even I primarily use them to fight now and it is making me feel awkward and that this game is no longer realistic like before

I only consider the Hover tank a flagship because many of the original units they came up with were somewhat of ripoffs copies of other game's units. Hell, I see like half a dozen references to Command & Conquer; not saying it's a bad thing necessarily, but I they see the Hover Tanks as a truly unique idea on their part... and it is, seeing as it can move and shoot, hit ground and air, the weapon can change, etc, etc. It's also one of the few units that actually sports a moving component to the design- the turret moves independently of the chassis.

I'm all for the HT being an epic part of the game. I actually thing the Elite variant looks **** cool and streamlined. That said, I simply believe other units need to at least hold a candle to it in terms of use.

- War Commander - Lv. 36

Major PVE/Event player; PVP, not so much. Sue me. -WAR COMMANDER NEEDS AN OVERHAUL-

- Vega Conflict - Lv. 43

Pro-Firearms, Videogame Realism nut, RTS freak, and generally have fun with shooters in general.

• IJustine
    IJustine
    Skilled Warrior

I only consider the Hover tank a flagship because many of the original units they came up with were somewhat of ripoffs copies of other game's units. Hell, I see like half a dozen references to Command & Conquer; not saying it's a bad thing necessarily, but I they see the Hover Tanks as a truly unique idea on their part... and it is, seeing as it can move and shoot, hit ground and air, the weapon can change, etc, etc. It's also one of the few units that actually sports a moving component to the design- the turret moves independently of the chassis.

I'm all for the HT being an epic part of the game. I actually thing the Elite variant looks **** cool and streamlined. That said, I simply believe other units need to at least hold a candle to it in terms of use.

I agree, however, even though Hover Tanks are a KIXEYE innovation, they need to be drastically reduced in strength or increased in space to make it more fair to the lower leveled players.
  • ReLeNtLeSs
    ReLeNtLeSs
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 17
    quit cryin they r not over powered at all and can be killed easily. 1 maxed enforecer in ur base can kill one toon of ehovers or use a couple of eglads. 
    HULLs: Hammerhead A, Hammerhead B, Battle Barge A, Levi A, Sea Scorpion A, 
     corvette, Frigate, Destroyer, Destroyer X, Light Cruiser, Light Cruiser X, BattleShip, Juggernaut, Mercury, Hurricane, Spectre, Barracuda, Battle Cruiser, Battle Cruiser X, Mauler, Missile Cruiser, Dreadnought X

Level: 56 And Hit IN-SECTOR  and  MEMORIALS :D

ID: 10mil

Sectors: 4, 29, 92, 108, 118, 119, 166, 172, 222, 223, 224, 246, 284, 310, 349, 355, 364, 458, 467, 469, 480, 496 
     (I'm A Roamer)
    Sector 224 Is My Home :) 

• devyn.clark.1
    devyn.clark.1
    Strike-force Captain
    quit cryin they r not over powered at all and can be killed easily. 1 maxed enforecer in ur base can kill one toon of ehovers or use a couple of eglads. 

Not disagreeing with you... HTs can be killed just like anything else. However, the argument is about the fact that they are so ungodly powerful for what they are worth. Again... compare them to the old EMegas. Or, if you'd like, the Scorpions; Scorps beat the HTs with Armor, DPS, and Speed, yes... but look at the unit space and range, not to mention the schematics. The HT can do far more damage for far less repairs, plus you can hold more, etc.

Lastly, check the upgrade requirements. The Scorpion requires ALL thor... most of the upgrades are over 4M thor, which many can't (won't?) afford. HTs... well, they are only thor reqs at 10. Fact is that the HT is available to very low players very quickly... that is the OP's argument.

The real question for you is whether you like using the same unit for everything... obviously, the OP doesn't; I somewhat tend to agree. LOL

- War Commander - Lv. 36

- Vega Conflict - Lv. 43

• steve.i.downs
    steve.i.downs
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 2,162
    Is this post a joke? Hovers even at lvl 16 get slaughtered in a high level base unless they have vanqs or scorps protecting them
    Begging gets you bubbled
    If there's going to be an event preview it will be a pinned post
    Don't cry events are too hard after the first 30 minutes...patience is a virtue
    Of course there's a glitch...it's what Kixeye do best
    Remember that disconnects are your fault no matter what the evidence shows
  • HEISENBERG_NL
    HEISENBERG_NL
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 386
    People are acting like a toon of hovers does 5 bases lol

• PuppyLuv6556
    PuppyLuv6556
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 505

1) I would like some cheese to ur wine or just stop
    2)hovers can be killed easily ex 1 maxed range e glad and say good night to ur toon of hovers
    3)the thing that make a hover good is the burst fire plus move and shoot and speed
    4) it is balanced cuz a toon of hovers take forever to repair when they r dead
    5) if u r have decent u can kill any toon of a unit with only a few hover (fight me boi ur whole base toon vs my 3 special hovers I WILL win that fight)

My life for Aiur!
    En Taro Tassadar! 

SC2 LotV

• IJustine
    IJustine
    Skilled Warrior
    Is this post a joke? Hovers even at lvl 16 get slaughtered in a high level base unless they have vanqs or scorps protecting them
    They are overpowered especially around levels 20-30 range.