How lower levels can take out higher level player bases.

jeff.wright.5832
jeff.wright.5832
Potential Threat
Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 29
I cant promise you this will work for a full 100% but I am almost certain it could at least do 1 or 2 star bubble.
First thing is most high level players make some fatal mistakes, 1. they design their base in a square shape, this is the worst shape for a base, anything other than a square would be better, ill explain further on.  2.  Most high level players believe machine guns as turrets are useless(not true) instead they load their base up with the high energy using turrets, this is weak, because all you have to do is target a couple power plants and they have no power left for their turrets to function properly.  Best turret setup for base is 6 for air 6 for ground and 6 that do both(machine gun only one that does both) that way its like having 12 of each instead of 9, and machine guns run off of very little energy. 3. Next big mistake common among high level players is that they place their go-go bar too close to the power plants, this mistake allows you to take out their go-go bar at the same time as power plants, not only making their turrets weak but taking away any bonus their defending platoons have. Now comes the strategy.. Look for the power plants and go-go bar you will be targeting these with your raptors, but first deploy mercs just on the other side but close to these.. if you do this right half of their defences will be focused on the mercs leaving your raptors to take less damage while you use them to take out power plants and go-go bar.  Next use your main ground platoon to draw out any units on fire at will, usually not many as most will set on defence. makes it easy to kill the ones on fire at will.  next same strategy as before, deploy ops and if their base is square have them come in at one corner slighty to the side. while defending units fire at the ops, use your main platoon to fire at the defenders this leaves one whole corner of their base destroyed. reapeat this strategy for the other three corners, but because ops can only be used once you need to use things like missiles or if you have helipad extra copters to use as the bait for defending units, while you blast them with your main platoon.  you can easily open up at least 2 maybe 3 sides of their base this way leaving the rest vunerable to splash damage for your main platoon (preferably elite hovers) I will leave the workshop schematic for you to figure out as I cant give away all my secrets.. but I am lvl 34, and have flattened several lvl 40+ with this strategy.
  • Pixelation
    Pixelation
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 129
    Problem with machine Gun Turrets is they have the shortest range maxed at 440 as a lvl 8 turret, that makes them less effective if they are attacked by higher range units such as Hellfires or Hellstorm. If they get some range boost and maybe armor piercing/flaming bullets they would be great even with their lower dps. It wouldn't hurt to get a make-over for the Mortar and Hellfire Turrets aswell, they aren't that effective any more.
  • jeff.wright.5832
    jeff.wright.5832
    Potential Threat
    yes machine guns have shorter range, but if you design your base the right way you can use the air only and ground only turrets to overlap and protect the machine guns.  plus when you add base platoons it also makes up for the short range.
  • ronniesamsung
    ronniesamsung
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 7
    Original Poster ....i guess you have it down to a science ...come to my base someday . and  let me know how that works for you .....machinegun turrets LOL your a Genius ...why did'nt i think of that ... i don't seem to have a problem ...anyone that enters my base in attack never leaves with less then
    all toons dead ..air all gone and never 100% flat but close...well thats in the last couple months anyways
  • wcp.general.3
    wcp.general.3
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 8
    not bad

• shorty101theawesome
    shorty101theawesome
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 2
    i haved use e hovers with pack 3 and hellfires with the scamatic on them they have fire!
  • jeff.wright.5832
    jeff.wright.5832
    Potential Threat
    Original Poster ....i guess you have it down to a science ...come to my base someday . and  let me know how that works for you .....machinegun turrets LOL your a Genius ...why did'nt i think of that ... i don't seem to have a problem ...anyone that enters my base in attack never leaves with less then 
    all toons dead ..air all gone and never 100% flat but close...well thats in the last couple months anyways 

Bet I could flat you easily.. no base in unbeatable, your ego is also your biggest weakness.  take out your power plants ang go-go and your base is as weak as a level 30  i may take you up on your offer to try your base sometime though.. what sector are you in?
  • BikerBones
    BikerBones
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 39
    What a >>>> jeff your a big .... .... fill it in 4 yourself
  • Hyperius
    Hyperius
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 12,102
    Just a reminder, please keep it civil.

KIXEYE Senior Moderator

Playing since 9/30/11

Helpful Links:  Site Rules / Report a Player / ToS / Ticket Status /