Open Letter to the Kixeye team, if anyone actually listen to the people?

mcamp999
mcamp999
Potential Threat
Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 41
edited 22 Oct 2014, 8:05PM
First of all I must say to all of those that keep on posting that kixeye are here to make money from us, I must stress that this is a business and they can only survive by making money.  However, to accuse them of trying to make money by the changes they have recently introduced, is misguided.  When the recent changes were made to the thorium for example, there were over 100,000 players online and this figure has now declined to 74,000 so clearly they are actually determined to lose money.  It is a very flawed business model which tells the customers what is their best interests as opposed to actually asking the customers and then delivering a product that they have asked for.  It is a business strategy doomed to failure, I remember the days when the online players were far far higher than the figure of 100,000.  I find this very unfortunate as it is a strategy game that I used to really enjoy playing.

Then, lets have a look at the mods, CM Sulaco for example who comes on here trying to defend this strategy.  I dont know of any successsfull business anywhere in the world that would dream of acting in this manner.  Instead of listening, then telling us, the customers that he will report our concerns to the top bods, no, instead they tell us, the paying customers, that we are wrong.  All of the hundreds and hundreds of complainents (many of whom just leave the game and dont even bother to post here) are wrong and they are right.  How about an original thought, consult with us before deciding what we want??

Newsflash people, we pay your salaries by playing this game and therefore we have a right to voice our concerns and TO BE HEARD.  Without us, you dont have a job and without us you cannot go online with unlimited gold to try to illustrate how easily it is to take these bases by constant coining and suicide plats.

So I would strongly advise you to reconsider this stance, we did not ask for the changes to the Thor so leave it alone, don't decide for us that it needs an update when there is clearly no demand for this. 

By all means, introduce new things like the ridiculous verkraft 50's that only serve to make the map look pretty since very very few people can be bothered to try them.  Introduce the shadow ops which was fun and I have no problem with that becoming slightly more difficult.  Introduce the 45's which can also be fun to take and have special weekend events as you have done.

But finally, leave well enough alone and stop chasing the customers away, start listening to them as I repeat they pay your salaries and without them you have nothing.  The ball is in your court and I do hope that you will take the time out to respond to this.

• xardas.hello83
    xardas.hello83
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 678
    The problem is that out of those 100k or so players, only a small percentage coin, and don't seem to be bothered by whatever ridiculous changes are added because they will simply coin their way through whatever is presented to them.
    https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/414094?new=1

It sucks this thread gets buried, so now it's in my sig so people see it.

Best ROI right now in cryptocurrency mining= "http://ltcgear.com?apage=595"  use coupon code: anniversary1yr and save !
  • ShadowKiller
    ShadowKiller
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 806
    well said....the problem is that this has been told too them over and over..and it is never put too use...once or twice they have really listened to us (the players) but 90% of the time they dont....still love the post and hope we can get a reply from a CM before this post is removed
    Image result for war commander unshackled
  • mcamp999
    mcamp999
    Potential Threat
    The problem is that out of those 100k or so players, only a small percentage coin, and don't seem to be bothered by whatever ridiculous changes are added because they will simply coin their way through whatever is presented to them.

Xardas but there wont be any point in them coining any longer if there is nobody left to play against.  I have no problem admitting that I coin now and then, usually during events as I dont mind paying for a product that I enjoy but that has all stopped now.
  • mat.thomas.94
    mat.thomas.94
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 32
    well said I have really cut back my game time since these changes
    mat Thomas
  • UKnowWhoIam
    UKnowWhoIam
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 156
    They will not read it, because they don't care.... I have seen loads of this kinda messages... they will not respond to it but they will delete it... if not now then later.
  • basitbaig
    basitbaig
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 6
    hi kixeye please give me titan and vanquisher for event please give me  :smile: 

iiiiiiiiiiiii ui 789678 u
  • Sanjay Venkatram
    Sanjay Venkatram
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 388
    i sort of agree with all that mcamp999 said above except the lvl50 vercraft bases. It can be done easily max loss is 1 plat per base if we go wrong or max 3 units loss. You just have to have the right units at max levels and right configs for them and most importantly the right strategy. 2mill thorium instant payout makes them a irresistable offering. 2mill makes it worth the effort !!!!
  • BulletProof3
    BulletProof3
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 29
    well said I have really cut back my game time since these changes

Unfortunately I have to agree with you on this. I am trying all the new things we get .. but it has become more like Repair Commander now .. and imagine they have done it within a week of an event. Instead of get ready for the event I am only repairing my stuff. And when in repair mode I cannot play so in the end interest in the game is less and less.
    Level 40

• BulletProof3
    BulletProof3
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 29
    And what upsets me the most is that I have to figure out these new Thor bases, do Shadow Ops and upgrade or repair stuff for the upcoming event ... AND NOW THEY TOOK AWAY the 50's as well ... that is too much CM's ..  as if they don't want us to play and even coin  ;)
    Level 40

• Apocalypse999
    Apocalypse999
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 1,106
    Bravo!!! well said! that is exactly what Kixeye needs to learn!
  • FearFactory
    FearFactory
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 564
    For years KIXEYE has been screaming "MORE DYNAMICS!!!", and adding more BS stuff to the game. I began playing this game back when it was actually fun. Everything went downhill after the first Halloween event 2 years ago. Now we have insane repair times, bogus events, and crappy PVP. Does KIXEYE ever listen? Sometimes they do, I will admit. Do they always listen to the players? No
    FearFactory lvl 42
  • Mit Notlim
    Mit Notlim
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 174
    There is a driving force behind Kixeye changes, and only half of it has to do with generating money for gold.

They do listen....just not to us.

They listen to the "old timers" who have been playing since day one and that many of the mod's are personal friends with (the pool that the mod's came from).

These old timers **** and whine constantly about Kixeye "just giving it away" supposedly. They cry about low levels being "given" E-Titans, so Kixeye has to go out and change the difficulty of the Shadow Ops bases to make sure that low levels are screwed out of getting the E-Titan.

These old timers **** and whine constantly about how easy it is for low levels to get thorium, so they make the large and giant thorium deposits more difficult and cut back on the number of small and medium deposits.

It is all about appeasing these old timers and friends who already have maxed out versions of all the big boy toys and keeping the little guys down.

Which is pretty stupid from a money generating standpoint. Any business that wants to make money knows that they need to INCREASE the customer base instead of limit it.
  • Don61
    Don61
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 46
    They will listen to me thru my not giving them another dime  - I spent $30 for the last event, but that won't happen again! The changes alienate customers ~ way to go Kix.
  • basitbaig
    basitbaig
    Greenhorn
    i need for event :cold_sweat: 

• PlanD420
    PlanD420
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 26
    It's just my opinion but its a war game not farm ville, I play this because not every average joe can compete on this game it takes quick decisions, planning and skill to play war commander. I like the fact that Kixeye can pose us a new challenge and I like the fact they are interested in throwing new updates constantly to keep the game interesting you don't see that with a lot of the MMO-RTS developers on the market. This game is like a Yorkie bar "It's not for Girls"
  • basitbaig
    basitbaig
    Greenhorn

give me titan and elite vanquisher o:)

• Mark_F114
    Mark_F114
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 689
    well said
  • basitbaig
    basitbaig
    Greenhorn
    for event :)

• popedudley
    popedudley
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 159
    Well said!!!   All I would add is the simple fact the Thorium is now a must have for upgrades and making it harder to get is just increasing the time I have to devote to the game which I choose not to do.   You can look at my playing time Kixeye and will see it has dropped in the last week to virtually nothing.  Kixeye has made made thorium needed to upgrade units, buildings, turrets, walls, Missiles, turret weapons, etc.  they amount needed can be 10-20 million in a day for high lvls and this is just impossible to keep up with now.
  • basitbaig
    basitbaig
    Greenhorn
    please

• BANG-O-HOES
    BANG-O-HOES
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 385
    basitbaig said:

give me titan and elite vanquisher o:)

• SmokinNevilsHze
    SmokinNevilsHze
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 478
    edited 22 Oct 2014, 4:26PM
    There are so many things wrong with the game and done wrong by Kixeye and I have always done my best to help them from reporting cheaters, bugs, glitches, spent ALOT of time in previews testing and reporting the issues I find but have lost so much faith in Kixeye, in particular customer support that I stopped bothering. Most of the bugs/gliches in preview that get reported by many make it into the live game implying that the testing is pointless as they don't and wont listen, which I add is very damaging to peoples opinions of Kixeye.

The cherry on the cake of opinion destroying actions by Kixeye for me though is this. I had an issue, reported it, wasnt happy with the outcome so pursued it here on the forum (which per the current forum rules at the time said I could do) and was told I couldn't be helped which was an out and out lie, I asked for the contact details of the governing body that regulated Kixeye TWICE which was ignored and was banned from the forum for pursuing better customer service than I was receiving. So I then complained to Kixeye about this individual being unprofessional and as unhelpful as possible. The outcome? They gave my complaint to the person I was complaining about to handle, who then directed me to updated forum rules which didnt even apply due to my complaint being submitted when a different set of forum rules were in place, it was a travesty and a complete cop out, not to forget it was as unprofessional as I have ever seen a company behave. What kind of company receives a complaint about one of its employees and gives the complaint to that same employee to handle? They couldn't have given the complaint to a more biased person if they tried. This destroyed all faith I had in their customer support and I hadnt sent in any other tickets since until yesterday. The reason is that I have been spending my gold on repairs I have received due to dc's and shockwave crashes and all the issues the game now has so on principal have asked them to refund me some gold as I dont mind paying for my own mistakes but not for their shortcomings in providing a service, but after the experiences I have had already hold virtually no hope in this being resolved in an agreeable manner, time will tell.

Its really sad, wasn't so long ago I was singing their praises to all my friends and encouraging all my ps3 friends to come and try out WC.

I have had some great customer service from Kixeye but it is completely overshadowed by this one instance of atrocious customer service that the good massively pales in comparison.
  • robbo40
    robbo40
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 403
    There is a driving force behind Kixeye changes, and only half of it has to do with generating money for gold.

They do listen....just not to us.

They listen to the "old timers" who have been playing since day one and that many of the mod's are personal friends with (the pool that the mod's came from).

These old timers **** and whine constantly about Kixeye "just giving it away" supposedly. They cry about low levels being "given" E-Titans, so Kixeye has to go out and change the difficulty of the Shadow Ops bases to make sure that low levels are screwed out of getting the E-Titan.

These old timers **** and whine constantly about how easy it is for low levels to get thorium, so they make the large and giant thorium deposits more difficult and cut back on the number of small and medium deposits.

It is all about appeasing these old timers and friends who already have maxed out versions of all the big boy toys and keeping the little guys down.

Which is pretty stupid from a money generating standpoint. Any business that wants to make money knows that they need to INCREASE the customer base instead of limit it.

I am one of the old timers , been playing since this game started , I am no less happy than you are with these changes. Possibly even more so because of the time and money I have put into this game. These changes effect all new and old timers.

• wilts
    wilts
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 6
    edited 22 Oct 2014, 4:43PM
    Very well written and right to the point Greenhorn.  I for one that is not a newbie and spend days upgrading my units and fighting for every new unit I could get, am disgusted that through the ops, the whinres get help and get the units that we struggled for.  Then they go and up the large and giant thorium to the point that most, if not all will take significant damage trying to take, let alone help a fellow clansman that deserves that help and is not whining.  Yes, they are loosing players and maybe that is Kixeyes' stratagy.  Just to hang on to the players that are able to coin.  You have to love that statement "Free to Play" lol  If I tried that on my customers, I might be better off to sleep in tomorrow as I would not have many left.
    Wilts
  • mcamp999
    mcamp999
    Potential Threat
    Awesome so CM Sulaco has disliked the discussion but is not brave enough to post a response.  Bravo bravo what a performance not
  • ShadowKiller
    ShadowKiller
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 806
    Instead of disliking the post why dont Mr CM Sulaco and Mr Distructus comment on it and let us know what was perceived wrong..i dont know about the rest of you guys but im **** curious 
    Image result for war commander unshackled
  • Assasin_elite_2
    Assasin_elite_2
    Master Tactician
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 2,084
    edited 22 Oct 2014, 6:16PM
    Instead of disliking the post why dont Mr CM Sulaco and Mr Distructus comment on it and let us know what was perceived wrong..i dont know about the rest of you guys but im **** curious 
    Thats pretty simple because most of what the OP of the post said doesnt make sense.
    We dont own this game, Kixeye does and they dont need our permission to alter the game mechanics.
    Player amount didnt drop because of changes in thorium they even went up above 100K.
    Player amount dropped because of holidays in different times zones came to an end.
    Beside that, what do you expect yourself from this game?
    Should kixeye give us better and stronger units that do much more damage and keep all the rest the same.
    If they did you were able to destroy every roque and players base with only one custum E-Mega or Vanq.
    That not how the game is evolving and should be played.
    In one hand you say they have to make money but on the other hand you say they dont have to make changes to the game.
    What school did you go to?
    I dont understand why so many ppl thumps up your post because you clearly dont know what your talking about.
    Its more than logic if you get better and stronger units all the rest have to get better also.
    What you are saying is that you want all the uber toys but bases,deposits etc etc should stay in the stone ages.
    Your wall of text doesnt make sense, maybe you should go play tic tac to than you will always win and its for free also.
    And for the 95867364785 time, nobody is forcing us to play and to PAY for this game.
    You can still play it 100% for free, its the players lag of patience that make them coin/pay for it.
    Just take some more time to expand and grow and upgrade but you dont have to pay at all. 
    Me myself didnt pay for month`s and still i can catch up and do my thing, get enough thorium and other resources.
    Most players just want everything right now, that is possible but than you have to pay.
    Its just a business model all commercial company`s use also the company you or your father is working for.
    Otherweise you can go life your live under a bridge in a karton box.
  • Cpnhgn
    Cpnhgn
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 16
    Thats pretty simple because most of what the OP of the post said doesnt make sense.
    We dont own this game, Kixeye does and they dont need our permission to alter the game mechanics.
    Player amount didnt drop because of changes in thorium they even went up above 100K.
    Player amount dropped because of holidays in different times zones came to an end.
    Beside that, what do you expect yourself from this game?
    Should kixeye give us better and stronger units that do much more damage and keep all the rest the same.
    If they did you were able to destroy every roque and players base with only one custum E-Mega or Vanq.
    That not how the game is evolving and should be played.
    In one hand you say they have to make money but on the other hand you say they dont have to make changes to the game.
    What school did you go to?
    I dont understand why so many ppl thumps up your post because you clearly dont know what your talking about.
    Its more than logic if you get better and stronger units all the rest have to get better also.
    What you are saying is that you want all the uber toys but bases,deposits etc etc should stay in the stone ages.
    Your wall of text doesnt make sense, maybe you should go play tic tac to than you will always win and its for free also.
    And for the 95867364785 time, nobody is forcing us to play and to PAY for this game.
    You can still play it 100% for free, its the players lag of patience that make them coin/pay for it.
    Just take some more time to expand and grow and upgrade but you dont have to pay at all. 
    Me myself didnt pay for month`s and still i can catch up and do my thing, get enough thorium and other resources.
    Most players just want everything right now, that is possible but than you have to pay.
    Its just a business model all commercial company`s use also the company you or your father is working for.
    Otherweise you can go life your live under a bridge in a karton box.
    the problem is that even with better stronger units the changes to the thorium deposits are way too strong, and a lot stronger than the units they"gave" us.. i worked my **** off in the shadow ops to get the elite titan.. and now with the changes to the thorium it is useless to me since i cant get the thor i need to upgrade it.... i have heard all of the bullshit about finding new ways to do the bases.. well thats great.. but now how am i going to upgrade the units i need to get the thorium depo's if i cant get the thorium i need to upgrade them?
  • Hemelvaart
    Hemelvaart
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 73
    Nice attempt, but considering how many veteran players have been silenced on the forums you're wasting your time.

Google Translate is
    your friend. Sometimes.