Frubbles should be OUTLAWED.

jhyers
jhyers
Strike-force Captain
Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 808

What could possibly precipitate an exigent situation that would warrant a player to orchestrate deliberate damage to THEIR OWN TEAM as to avoid an encounter with an enemy?   is it even possible or even REMOTELY resemble reality that someone would do this in any real life situation?  What army is going to purposely attacked itself that would garner any immediate GAIN from the enemy?

You should simply get a message if you try to attack an alliance member's base that you may not do so.  Because that would constitute TREASON and obvious enemy combatant behavior.  

Perhaps I'm naive, but the use of frubbles as a defense is preposterous.  Now that these absurd gunboat spammers have been quelled time to quaff down the next update which is frubble buddies OUTLAWED.

• Dreaded
    Dreaded
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,857

USA... Just sayin...
  • Cheesy_Shark_Tongue
    Cheesy_Shark_Tongue
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,914
    Very easy to work around.

I have seen a sector where there is a non-alliance base that is appropriately named "frubbler".
    This base provided frubbles to several members of the local alliance.

Nonetheless, it might be appropriate to disallow alliance members causing more than 25% damage.  That limit would still allow resource transfer, but disallow frubbles and/or medal storage within alliances.

Quit Spring 2015 or so, returned Jan 2019.  
    QUOTE by John Stribling. - Who needs Jerry Springer, when u have forums. LMAO
  • Space Ghost 11
    Space Ghost 11
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 977

What Frubbles mean in this contents.  I looked it up and it should mean feeling joy for someone.  Forgive my ignorance

• CrankyYankee
    CrankyYankee
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 2,238
    jhyers said:

What could possibly precipitate an exigent situation that would warrant a player to orchestrate deliberate damage to THEIR OWN TEAM as to avoid an encounter with an enemy?   is it even possible or even REMOTELY resemble reality that someone would do this in any real life situation?  What army is going to purposely attacked itself that would garner any immediate GAIN from the enemy?

You should simply get a message if you try to attack an alliance member's base that you may not do so.  Because that would constitute TREASON and obvious enemy combatant behavior.  

Perhaps I'm naive, but the use of frubbles as a defense is preposterous.  Now that these absurd gunboat spammers have been quelled time to quaff down the next update which is frubble buddies OUTLAWED.

That would do nothing. To get around that players would just build "Un-tagged" bases to port sector to sector with them to serve as frubblers. 

• jhyers
    jhyers
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 808

So now people would use alternate accounts to frubble themselves, to me that would be a violation of terms of service and grounds for an account termination then.  Frubbler accounts, what kind of world are we living in.  

• andy1968
    andy1968
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 249

giving an alliance member a bubble has its purposes ( allow them time to repair their guard or reconfigure their base or even refit one of their guard ships) and also to prevent a lets say lvl 80 player from getting easy points from a lvl 50 base ..but a (lets say)lvl 65+ base shouldn`t get a frubble from a mate because he has been in another sector hitting bases and don`t want lvled ............can`t stop one without stopping the other 

• Serpents_Soul
    Serpents_Soul
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,749

I think Kixeye should put an alliance points penalty on any alliance who frubbles..

• Pride001
    Pride001
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 1,317

or just drop alliance tags , "frubble" those who need it and then rejoin ! 

Not a fan of "frubbles" myself .. but dangit people .. if you can't hit a base these days , your playing the wrong game .. hell , Kixeye just made it even easier than under powered defenses and overpowered hulls ! .. seriously , alot of you who cry about not being able to hit due to someone actually working to keep you from hitting them needs to checkout carebears online or some other nicey nicey type of game !

• I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 2,312

I think people should be banned for wanting someone banned for using a tactic that kixeye has repeatedly said is not illegal ... and I dont mean banned from a certain account ... im talkin ip address banned ... guess I should post this in the wishlist

So just to clarify ... 
    This is a hit and be hit game ... 
    Yet some hate it when their attacker gets ... hit ... by someone else ... after they have been hit ...

Amazing how those wanting to force some to play their way ... would in fact be up in arms if they were forced to play someone elses way ... 
  • PirateKing-no1
    PirateKing-no1
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 2,224
    edited 6 Aug 2014, 12:58AM
    only thing kix could prob pull off is alliance members unable to hit each other except that not really anything they can do to people hitting each other you doing 50% or their friends doing 50% it makes no difference really

• BladeII
    BladeII
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 403

ever seen the hit show "under the dome" ?

who cares about a frubble, the base still needs 25 or 50% to get a dome lol

• I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    Master Tactician
    So just to clarify ... 
    Yet some hate it when their attacker gets ... hit ... by someone else ... after they have been hit ...

Amazing how those wanting to force some to play their way ... would in fact be up in arms if they were forced to play someone elses way ... 
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    Master Tactician
    BladeII said:

ever seen the hit show "under the dome" ?

who cares about a frubble, the base still needs 25 or 50% to get a dome lol

Now I must admit ... what you just said ... mad me ... lol ... it was just that funny

So just to clarify ... 

• Ron Steiner
    Ron Steiner
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 50

" if you can't hit a base these days , your playing the wrong game .. hell , Kixeye just made it even easier than under powered defenses and overpowered hulls ! .. seriously , alot of you who cry about not being able to hit due to someone actually working to keep you from hitting them needs to checkout carebears online or some other nicey nicey type of game !" LMAO this is the only thing said here that has an iota of merit. The rest of you...

• BladeII
    BladeII
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 403

also is a freindly base test to test the base and you leave the dock untouched not considerd a frubble aswell?

• NINJA_XFC
    NINJA_XFC
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 765

i was against players that frubble but you know what screw this im agree now even if its not the way i play 

• I'M SO FLUFFY
    I'M SO FLUFFY
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 336

Frubbles should be outlawed?  Then so should attacking a base in one tab while having another tab open so you can get away scott free.  Or just the fact that you can get away without someone hitting your fleet.  "O well my big bad base fleet shouldn't have to take damage from a little SW fleet."  Yea.  And your big bad base fleet shouldn't be attacking a new lvl 50 because you don't want to get a scratch on it.  How about this.  How about each time you try to refit your fleet, someone attacks it and it's down for 12 hours.  And this happens every 36 hours.  Get's annoying doesn't it?  You think build/refit times are long now?  How about every time someone tries to "learn" from a hit but then their turrets are never changed because some lvl 80 keeps attacking them.  And before you say "o they can just hit back"  Yea.  You show me a lvl 50 that has a chance even making a dent in a lvl 80 coiner base.  Good luck.

Personally.  I think they should bring back that attack button so the lvl 50 has a chance to do some kind of damage to at least the lvl 80's fleet.  But just like them taking "frubbles" out, that will never happen either.

It's usually the big coiners that want to take away any chance a little guy has to defend himself.  First it was the attack button.  Now it's the guard fleets and "zombie" ships that let them even remotely have a chance in raids.  Now they want to take away being able to protect yourself.  Why not just have an option you can buy with coins where you can just click on someones base and it levels it without you even having to launch a fleet?  O wait.  I better not give Kix any ideas.

Yes.  It's a pirate game.  And pirates will find any way to keep their "booty" safe from attackers as well.

It's getting to the point where coiners get to do what ever they want because those are the only people Kix even remotely cares about.  O wait.  Did I say Kix cares about players?

"This thread manages to show not only an amazing lack of knowledge of what constitutes the responsibilities of a community manager, but also a truly frightening degree of outright stupidity."

Lois:  Can you be quiet please? We're busy whining about the raid.

Ascension:  I stopped trying to understand some things on the forums a looooooooong time ago. Both on Kixeye and the Players side.

Just like a dry dock and putting the hit levels back to +/-5, picking your prize will NEVER HAPPEN!!!

Fluffypuppy said:  BP has a story line?
    Ascension said:  Once, there was a guy who had some extra money and a FB account.  Then Kixeye arrived with Battle Pirates.  Now his wallet is empty and he's waiting on six tickets to Support.  The End.
  • Ron Steiner
    Ron Steiner
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 50

Fluffy, couldn't have said it better. Well done .

• I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    Master Tactician

Frubbles should be outlawed?  Then so should attacking a base in one tab while having another tab open so you can get away scott free.  Or just the fact that you can get away without someone hitting your fleet.  "O well my big bad base fleet shouldn't have to take damage from a little SW fleet."  Yea.  And your big bad base fleet shouldn't be attacking a new lvl 50 because you don't want to get a scratch on it.  How about this.  How about each time you try to refit your fleet, someone attacks it and it's down for 12 hours.  And this happens every 36 hours.  Get's annoying doesn't it?  You think build/refit times are long now?  How about every time someone tries to "learn" from a hit but then their turrets are never changed because some lvl 80 keeps attacking them.  And before you say "o they can just hit back"  Yea.  You show me a lvl 50 that has a chance even making a dent in a lvl 80 coiner base.  Good luck.

Personally.  I think they should bring back that attack button so the lvl 50 has a chance to do some kind of damage to at least the lvl 80's fleet.  But just like them taking "frubbles" out, that will never happen either.

It's usually the big coiners that want to take away any chance a little guy has to defend himself.  First it was the attack button.  Now it's the guard fleets and "zombie" ships that let them even remotely have a chance in raids.  Now they want to take away being able to protect yourself.  Why not just have an option you can buy with coins where you can just click on someones base and it levels it without you even having to launch a fleet?  O wait.  I better not give Kix any ideas.

Yes.  It's a pirate game.  And pirates will find any way to keep their "booty" safe from attackers as well.

It's getting to the point where coiners get to do what ever they want because those are the only people Kix even remotely cares about.  O wait.  Did I say Kix cares about players?

HAHA ... FLUFFY SAID BOOTY ... 

So just to clarify ... 

• I'M SO FLUFFY
    I'M SO FLUFFY
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 336

HAHA ... FLUFFY SAID BOOTY ... 

Yes.  Yes I did.

"This thread manages to show not only an amazing lack of knowledge of what constitutes the responsibilities of a community manager, but also a truly frightening degree of outright stupidity."

Lois:  Can you be quiet please? We're busy whining about the raid.

Ascension:  I stopped trying to understand some things on the forums a looooooooong time ago. Both on Kixeye and the Players side.

Just like a dry dock and putting the hit levels back to +/-5, picking your prize will NEVER HAPPEN!!!

Fluffypuppy said:  BP has a story line?
    Ascension said:  Once, there was a guy who had some extra money and a FB account.  Then Kixeye arrived with Battle Pirates.  Now his wallet is empty and he's waiting on six tickets to Support.  The End.
  • Pride001
    Pride001
    Incursion Leader

it's not the players Kix cares about ... IT'S THEIR MONEY !

• seth mad dog
    seth mad dog
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,349

frubbles everywhere. nice going kixeye. Made a bad situation worse. Now get rid of frubbles please.

• Michael Rega
    Michael Rega
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,878
    jhyers said:

Wow, trying to equate a game set in the future to real life...that's where most of you go wrong with your arguments. If Kix could have prevented this it would have done so from the start of the game. Been an issue from day 1 and it's not going to get addressed now.

PS - Hit the one doing the frubbling, that will stop the activity immediately.

Level 81 Home Sector: 31 / Current Sector: Retired / Sectors Visited: 13 (2), 19, 31 (18), 34, 49 (2), 70, 78, 82, 105, 107, 108, 122 (4), 123 (2), 124, 127, 133, 134, 143, 148, 156, 183, 185, 192 (2), 206, 207, 213 (2), 221 (2), 225, 229 (2), 235 (2), 236, 241, 255 (2), 263, 265, 268, 269, 273 (2), 281, 288, 299, 300, 309, 321, 328, 334, 336 (2), 337, 349 (3), 360, 377, 381 (2), 390, 405, 414 (5), 416, 419, 440, 445, 475, 499 (2), 500
    Alliances: PKC, TLW, KR, ****, RBCS
  • Professor Yana
    Professor Yana
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,738
    jhyers said:

So now people would use alternate accounts to frubble themselves, to me that would be a violation of terms of service and grounds for an account termination then.  Frubbler accounts, what kind of world are we living in.  

One small problem there, though: unless I'm much mistaken, Kixeye's TOS only prohibits multiple accounts on the same platform (i.e., Kixeye.com, Facebook, or G+). It doesn't prohibit having one account per platform.

• BloodRavenFavian
    BloodRavenFavian
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 8,212
    If frubbles are "outlawed," alliances can strike deals to bubble each other as a workaround. The problem would still be there. It's essentially part of the game. The "fun" part is getting to bubbled 'em first.

We are always watching. Quiet ≠ safe.

• Pride001
    Pride001
    Incursion Leader
    jhyers said:

One small problem there, though: unless I'm much mistaken, Kixeye's TOS only prohibits multiple accounts on the same platform (i.e., Kixeye.com, Facebook, or G+). It doesn't prohibit having one account per platform.

it is not permitted to have multiple accounts on the same platform , but to have an account on kixeye and one on facebook is permitted as far as I understand it !

I do think tho , using one to benefit the other would not be allowed , but I am no authority on it , so someone better informed would have to help with that information ... This would be something for a CM to answer for ya !

• BloodRavenFavian
    BloodRavenFavian
    Unicorn Overlord
    jhyers said:

From the ToS:

"You will not create more than one account per platform (e.g. our Site, Facebook, and Google+). If You have multiple accounts, KIXEYE may suspend all Your accounts if it decides, in its sole discretion, that the accounts are being used in an abusive manner (including, without limitation, to exploit game mechanics or harass users)."

They consider using multiple accounts for personal gain (opening salvs, defending accounts) an infraction as well. So technically, is IS a bannable offense.

• Smokin' Joe
    Smokin' Joe
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,254
    edited 6 Aug 2014, 3:30AM

Frubbles and buddy bubbles have been around since the game started... I think one thing that could be done is make it where if an alli hits one of its players base then 2 things happen... 1 the base will not bubble no matter how much damage is done... 2.. the alli is deducted 1000 medals from their medal count. this would also end medal sharing.

• BlackFirePheonix
    BlackFirePheonix
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 572
    jhyers said:

From the ToS:

"You will not create more than one account per platform (e.g. our Site, Facebook, and Google+). If You have multiple accounts, KIXEYE may suspend all Your accounts if it decides, in its sole discretion, that the accounts are being used in an abusive manner (including, without limitation, to exploit game mechanics or harass users)."

They consider using multiple accounts for personal gain (opening salvs, defending accounts) an infraction as well. So technically, is IS a bannable offense.

you forget lets say a family only can afford 1 PC for the household and they all use the PC for BP, theres alot of stuff you need to thinkk about.

Image result for shy girls mario
  • BloodRavenFavian
    BloodRavenFavian
    Unicorn Overlord
    jhyers said:

From the ToS:

you forget lets say a family only can afford 1 PC for the household and they all use the PC for BP, theres alot of stuff you need to thinkk about.

jhyers said:

From the ToS:

So true. Dem variables.