Game Changes

Brandon Wittlake
Brandon Wittlake
Minor Nuisance
Joined May 2012 Posts: 199

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but here goes.......TY Kixeye! 

Yeah you read that right, I can't believe it either. Lol! A lot of the changes you have been making are making the game more fun, such as raising the minimum hit-table base level (which is probably still too low tbh), releasing some weapons that may actually benefit a base (though that is still speculation as it's still building), getting rid of those annoying "I'm to scared to be hit" spam fleets, removing the proximity defenders and especially adding the timer to re-post a guard (absolutely loving it). I'm also looking forward to the end of the annoying zombie subs. It makes me very excited that people will actually have to learn to PLAY the game now, instead of being nothing more then an annoyance. 

I know that many people, myself included, are still wanting a dry dock. It also seems very apparent that Kixeye doesn't want appease us in that fashion. An easy solution to this problem is to simply make a legendary crew, not unlike the grease monkeys (1/2 fleet repair time), that applies to the shipyard. It isn't rocket science (you could just add it to the defending fleet like the junkyard dogs). It's an easy way to implement the solution into the existing structure (unlike adding an entire new building dynamic like the dry dock would). This way everyone will win. We'll get a crew that helps us speed up projects (yay!), and Kixeye gets to quit hearing about the **** dry dock (yay!). :-) 

Now I wait for the flaming to begin.......Lol!

What we have here is a clear cut case of "Deja Moo".

The feeling that you've experienced this bullshit before.
  • Laurence Alterman
    Laurence Alterman
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 64

well said

• BladeII
    BladeII
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 403

if you get killed by zombie subs, you will also get killed by a full health fleet... nothing will change that lmao

• Mad MacMad
    Mad MacMad
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 412

lol it brings back dock rocketing you watch ppl winge about that 

• PirateKing-no1
    PirateKing-no1
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 2,224

no flaming but no point anyone mentioning drydocks anymore Will was very clear we will never get one all the points you made i agree with only thing i don't like is new sector control coming out without getting cooperation from all players in some way as this does affect us all in many different ways all in all im happy with the updates and fixes so far as long as they keep it up

• Dazza69
    Dazza69
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 480
    BladeII said:

if you get killed by zombie subs, you will also get killed by a full health fleet... nothing will change that lmao

Absolutely correct,but if I do sink the subs they will a)have to coin them b)wait a while for repairs before they come straight back, out as opposed to about 30 secs :)
    gif
  • DarkMethod
    DarkMethod
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 796

I'm also in favor of the game changes. Just 2 complaints...Coiners using Phantom's to bully everyone tied up doing something else.. like salvage collecting. And The band-aid<Dry-D>, As Will called it. Plain and simple,build and refit at the same time... is not a band-aid.

And if,you think I'm making up what was said. By Will, Look at the last Battle Vortex.  And I can't find the link. But, I'm sure some one will post.

• pixelated
    pixelated
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 915
    edited 6 Aug 2014, 1:35AM

Yeah you read that right, I can't believe it either. Lol! A lot of the changes you have been making are making the game more fun, such as raising the minimum hit-table base level (which is probably still too low tbh), releasing some weapons that may actually benefit a base (though that is still speculation as it's still building), getting rid of those annoying "I'm to scared to be hit" spam fleets, removing the proximity defenders and especially adding the timer to re-post a guard (absolutely loving it). I'm also looking forward to the end of the annoying zombie subs. It makes me very excited that people will actually have to learn to PLAY the game now, instead of being nothing more then an annoyance. 

I know that many people, myself included, are still wanting a dry dock. It also seems very apparent that Kixeye doesn't want appease us in that fashion. An easy solution to this problem is to simply make a legendary crew, not unlike the grease monkeys (1/2 fleet repair time), that applies to the shipyard. It isn't rocket science (you could just add it to the defending fleet like the junkyard dogs). It's an easy way to implement the solution into the existing structure (unlike adding an entire new building dynamic like the dry dock would). This way everyone will win. We'll get a crew that helps us speed up projects (yay!), and Kixeye gets to quit hearing about the **** dry dock (yay!). :-) 

You hate zombie subs... at least you can target them to fight back. Maybe you didnt notice one little snippet of new game content kixeye added recently, a new sub flagship that makes fighting back against them impossible. Wait till someone with one decides to shut your day down, and come back and let us know how much fun you are having. Even someone with the same hull cannot fight back.

I sincerely agree with many of your points about positives in recent content, but an invisible fleet that makes griefer players virtually immune to fighting against, pretty much ruins all of it.

I know its a 'pirate' game, these updates always come up with new ways to try to rob me.
  • Pride001
    Pride001
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 1,317

I'm also in favor of the game changes. Just 2 complaints...Coiners using Phantom's to bully everyone tied up doing something else.. like salvage collecting. And The band-aid<Dry-D>, As Will called it. Plain and simple,build and refit at the same time... is not a band-aid.

And if,you think I'm making up what was said. By Will, Look at the last Battle Vortex.  And I can't find the link. But, I'm sure some one will post.

He said it .. but by the way he said it , he also agreed that build times were way out of whack !

• Pride001
    Pride001
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 1,317
    BladeII said:

what he said ;)

• Brandon Wittlake
    Brandon Wittlake
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 6 Aug 2014, 2:12AM
    pixelated said:

You hate zombie subs... at least you can target them to fight back. Maybe you didnt notice one little snippet of new game content kixeye added recently, a new sub flagship that makes fighting back against them impossible. Wait till someone with one decides to shut your day down, and come back and let us know how much fun you are having. Even someone with the same hull cannot fight back.

I sincerely agree with many of your points about positives in recent content, but an invisible fleet that makes griefer players virtually immune to fighting against, pretty much ruins all of it.

You also miss the little "snippet" of we have dicters with IR sonar now.....so the new subs aren't anything special......not even the flag....

• pixelated
    pixelated
    Strike-force Captain
    pixelated said:

You also miss the little "snippet" of we have dicters with IR sonar now.....so the new subs aren't anything special......not even the flag....

What does 80 range 'sonar that isnt sonar' do to combat a fleet that is invisible and can pick and choose who it attacks, and even if it picks a target with a viper hiding in it, can zombie it and be right back out picking different players to grief?

You only think the new phantom isnt anything special because you havent had someone dedicate hours/days to shutting down almost everything you try to do in this game.

I know its a 'pirate' game, these updates always come up with new ways to try to rob me.
  • Brandon Wittlake
    Brandon Wittlake
    Minor Nuisance
    pixelated said:
    pixelated said:

What does 80 range 'sonar that isnt sonar' do to combat a fleet that is invisible and can pick and choose who it attacks, and even if it picks a target with a viper hiding in it, can zombie it and be right back out picking different players to grief?

You only think the new phantom isnt anything special because you havent had someone dedicate hours/days to shutting down almost everything you try to do in this game.

Well no, actually, I don't worry about it because it's a combat game and I always assume there is someone waiting. Lol. Secondly I love that "they get to pick and choose".....yeah that's true....and they love to "choose" my bait ship..... :-D

• pixelated
    pixelated
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 6 Aug 2014, 2:33AM
    pixelated said:
    pixelated said:

Well no, actually, I don't worry about it because it's a combat game and I always assume there is someone waiting. Lol. Secondly I love that "they get to pick and choose".....yeah that's true....and they love to "choose" my bait ship..... :-D

Wait till that player falls for your trap enough times to wise up, then your one and only sometimes-works counter is completely irrelevant. As for a combat game, I love them too, until they release a weapon that cannot be countered. Dont worry, if kixeye doesnt make this right, you will find out what Im talking about.

• Mark Lenard
    Mark Lenard
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 367

while they are limiting a players ability to defend there base maybe thier should be a limit on how many times a player can be attacked maybe they need to add a timer say 20 seconds before a second fleet can attack same base since you like timers unless its the consensus from kixeye to keep pandering to attackers while stacking deck against defense in base

• Brandon Wittlake
    Brandon Wittlake
    Minor Nuisance

while they are limiting a players ability to defend there base maybe thier should be a limit on how many times a player can be attacked maybe they need to add a timer say 20 seconds before a second fleet can attack same base since you like timers unless its the consensus from kixeye to keep pandering to attackers while stacking deck against defense in base

I'd be all for that as well fair is fair, 20 sec from peek 30 sec to re-guard, but they'd have to get rid of the P-drones in order for that to work.......

• Tarl_D
    Tarl_D
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 23
    edited 6 Aug 2014, 3:42AM

Actually the changes so far, quite disappointing really.  The COINERS whined and things got changed, to of course, benefit the coiners.  Not talking about the casual coiner, but the "heavy I can hit 20 bases a day coiner.  Spamming Gunboats and Zombie Subs were not really an issue for 99% of the people that play this game.  Did I do it,  sure, not in the sense that most of the whiners cried about, but I did use 2 fleets under my base as a defensive tactic that worked quite well and allowed me to engage and sink much higher level fleets, make the "coiner coin" and deter him from coming back to my base, at least while I was online.  For me, a NON coiner,  it was great, fun and very enjoyable.  Zombie subs, thank God, are still here....however,  if they go, even more enjoyment from me will go away....and thus,  I will play this game even less......but to Kixeye, they don't really care since,  of course, I'm NOT a coiner so they don't make anything off of me anyways.  Somewhat of an equalizer, they allowed me to get back out relatively quick but vastly weakened....like u can do with any fleet.....the subs just have the advantage of being underwater...so that helps....but a skilled person could take them out relatively easy...but still people whined....sometimes I say, just let them whine.  The difference is the spamming and the zombies.....EVERYBODY could do it, so regardless if you liked it or not, it was a method that allowed guys that can't coin, at least a fighting chance versus the guys that can coin and repair 4, 5 or 10 fleets in an hour and keep hitting.  Since every single player, coiner, non-coiner or casual, beginner or whatnot.....everybody could do it.  Now,  it will again be lopsided, the coiners are rejoicing, the non coiners....playing less since they never could keep up with the coiners and now even less.   

The entire dynamic of the game has now changed, just with the way of guarding a base.  Before we, a defending Alliance, could have 3 guys online, launch 6 fleets and box in and deter an attacking force from hitting 6 bases,  by rushing to guard,  guarding with the right fleet,  swapping guards depending on what fleet they had and what we had available....forcing them to not attack 1 base but have to head towards another one and possibly die there or be victorious....   this was a cat and mouse type strategy.....fun,  challenging and of course, a little time consuming but it added the fun factor to the game, chasing them around, trying to place guards before they hit a base...etc.  The defending alliance was happy and a job well done if they deterred the attacking force,  and of course the attacking force happy if they sank some defending fleets and got into a base. 

Now,  you can't do any of this, which to me is really NO fun.  So I will on one thing agree with the OP that started this thread.....Thank You Kixeye! GOOD JOB!  You have made it enjoyable for a few, but very un-enjoyable for many, many more (and me).  Ever since these great announcements to appease the coiners have been posted....I've played less,  and as more kick in,  I will play even less than I already do.  I sometimes wonder if any Kixeye game testers actually test these changes that you sometimes implement on a whim......sometimes it's better to leave things as they are, and focus your fixing things on other problems that are more important like lag, cheaters/hackers, glitches and possibly updating servers....etc.  Not to even mention the L O N G build, repair and refit times......Wow....we couldn't fix the things that really matter....

Just my 2 cents

• GrandPaSunshine
    GrandPaSunshine
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 1,587

Not to belabor a point but who cares about sector control?  Base defense is a joke in this game what with the overpowered fleets (and yes i do have them---not a whiner just a realist).  As K eye continues to do things "their way" and not even try to get us what we would like to have in the game. OK i get it NO DRY DOCK.  However do you get it?  I now play and spend less because it takes so **** long to do anything in this game.  As i get used to playing less and less i actually get weened off of this addicting game.  So much so that now i have even taken the time to look around and see what else may be out there or even coming in the future.  K eye and Battle Pirates may go on for another 6-7 years but i am not so sure that i will be counted in their number.  Finally with the number of hackers/cheats that exist in this game and the apparent inability of K eye to get a handle on this critical issue i have decided to reduce my playing time since i can never be sure that the player with the great fleets who dominating the world has actually done so in an honest manner.

When in doubt ATTACK
  • Brandon Wittlake
    Brandon Wittlake
    Minor Nuisance

I won't lie.....I think the sector control thing is as stupid as the next guy. The medals and ally points have never been worth anything, what's going to  make this option any different......honestly? It's pretty obvious that even they don't know how it will work from their vague post about it to begin with.

• Brandon Wittlake
    Brandon Wittlake
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 6 Aug 2014, 5:09AM

no flaming but no point anyone mentioning drydocks anymore Will was very clear we will never get one all the points you made i agree with only thing i don't like is new sector control coming out without getting cooperation from all players in some way as this does affect us all in many different ways all in all im happy with the updates and fixes so far as long as they keep it up

That doesn't mean they can't make an extra legendary crew that increases ship building / refit speed. It's an easy option for them to implement just like the guard dogs or grease monkeys. By making it a legendary crew, like grease monkeys (which decrease repair time to 1/2 "Brilliant for raids by the way.....1/4 time") but it also becomes a rare commodity which largely benefits kixeye through uranium rolls, but eventually could help us if we lucked out.

• Baby_Kicker
    Baby_Kicker
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 1,130
    BladeII said:

And you and I both know it was never about that, quit lying and twisting the argument

Satanic Bible: "Why should I not hate mine enemies - if I "love" them does that not place me at their mercy?"