Helping new players

TeamDeadPool00
TeamDeadPool00
Minor Nuisance
Joined May 2012 Posts: 212

Why not have a separate sector for new players and have some big guys, preferably ones who dont hit little guys, jump to the sector to help out the new players. they can open res and show the new guys the ropes. This will help keep new players cause now they are being thrown into the wild where they get farmed by some guy with broads and siege or md cause they can. id even volunteer to go to the new sector and help out for a bit. without fresh faces game will boring.

EVERYBODY FEARS THE UNKNOWN
                                                                           image
  • TheHolyAsdf
    TheHolyAsdf
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1,389
    Probably better that if player's whose base is level 25 and over or get a fleet to level 30+ - they are relocated to a regular sector in X number of hours after doing so. No high level players allowed, newbies need to learn to get resources themselves instead of begging everyday, if they can't battle regular VEGA cargo fleets, how to survive against other players?
  • TeamDeadPool00
    TeamDeadPool00
    Minor Nuisance
    but having some bigger players to show them the ropes is a better idea that way they can get a head start and have a rough idea as to how to strafe, what ships work best and how crappy the frigate really is now

image
  • Death_From_Above
    Death_From_Above
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,673

:p U want a carebear sector?

War commander : 
    RallyPointBravo
    LVL:33  *Quit due to boredom*
    RaGiNDon
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 224

That sounds like it would raise up a whole new crew of potentially weaker players that would later relocate to real sectors and get pawned alot.  maybe they would be good fliers and be ok but it sounds like a powerful set up for a **** ton of butthurt, and i might add lycan only does a single buthurt of the week on bv so think of how mouch more work he would have to do to come up with just one.....hell if they do this they will have to pay lycan to runa  whole show of his own kinda like tosh.o but lycan.o (weekly butthurt parade).....lmao.

• Death_From_Above
    Death_From_Above

Fresh meat being prepared for the slaughter house

War commander : 
    RallyPointBravo
    TeamDeadPool00
    Minor Nuisance

what does this have to do with butthurt, its just an idea to ensure that new players at least try and stay around long enough to be able to help themselves, a lot of smaller guys are giving up on vega cause the bigger players. e,g Mr Freeze, only pick on bases that are less than lvl 25. this will allow new players to get an idea as to how the game is played and have a good idea as to how to defend themselves. having experienced players in this new sector to help the little guys will ensure that they learn and at least have something to look forward to, ie bigger players using apocs and the little guys want ot build up so they too can use apocs.  

image
  • Death_From_Above
    Death_From_Above

OR just make the fleet lvl system better , eg: if u put siege on broadsword , it becomes lvl 30 ( i dont knw if it is lvl 30 now). Make it fair for the low lvls

War commander : 
    RallyPointBravo
    Todd7123
    VC Mod
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 5,109

3200 is loaded with under 30 bases that seem to be active. Don't know if that is dumb luck or intended 

I am a VC Forum Mod.

I don't work for KIXEYE. I'm a player just like you.

My  duties are to offer advice and keep the Forums Neat and Tidy.

Ask me and I will help if I can or point you in the right direction to one of the links below.

Helpful Links:  Site Rules / Report a Player / ToS / Ticket Status 
    Have a problem? KIXEYE Customer Service
    SEE YOU IN THE VOID REBELS!!!!!!!
  • Sir DragonKing
    Sir DragonKing
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 216
    but having some bigger players to show them the ropes is a better idea that way they can get a head start and have a rough idea as to how to strafe, what ships work best and how crappy the frigate really is now

no because ild move there just there just to farm the noobs =P

• Sminthian
    Sminthian
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 27

I don't know about you, but my sector has about 80% of the people that never talk, and never kill anything for themselves.  They just collect free res that people open for them, and can't kill anything unless they use an auto fleet.  They don't want to learn how to play the game correctly, they just want to build ships and level up as easily as possible.

They have 7 days of new player protection, that should be plenty of time to get the hang of the game if they want to.  If you don't want to play with the big boys, just stay inplanet.  Most people won't bother them there.

So, summed up, no I don't think it's a good idea.

• TeamDeadPool00
    TeamDeadPool00
    Minor Nuisance
    Sminthian said:

I don't know about you, but my sector has about 80% of the people that never talk, and never kill anything for themselves.  They just collect free res that people open for them, and can't kill anything unless they use an auto fleet.  They don't want to learn how to play the game correctly, they just want to build ships and level up as easily as possible.

They have 7 days of new player protection, that should be plenty of time to get the hang of the game if they want to.  If you don't want to play with the big boys, just stay inplanet.  Most people won't bother them there.

So, summed up, no I don't think it's a good idea.

yep cause in 7 days they will have a base capable of stopping **** dreads and tridents, they will also have full fleets of apocs to defend themselves as they try to cargo with a fleet that is above lvl 34. There needs to be a cap that stops players lvl 40+ from hitting level 20 bases

image
  • ISS Stefen R
    ISS Stefen R
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 248

But Join US TO 100-3600

Even The 13k accept with us 12k 

and surely everyone can speak english :angry: 

USS JFK |||LeveL ::: 43||| Vega Conflict ||| 7204449 ||| Auto 25-35 |||Auto 37|||Alliance:Angelos |||Youtube Channel→|||StefenRos96 Youtube |||

• No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 3,793

BP ID: 1038         WC ID: 1476        VC ID: 18589     Tome ID: 3698   

• TuleFooniks
    TuleFooniks
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 416
    I like the idea, butr there has to remain the incentive of hitting and taking hits ON FAIR LEVEL.

Tbh, this game gets rather boring rather quick if you arent in some kind of big clan that can back you up.