DRY DOCK lets revisit the issue

• paul.massey.399
    paul.massey.399
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 362

paul.massey.399 said:

Would be happy with just a build and repair queue and a 20-30% reduction in build times across the board, I think the issue with the dry dock has always been that people would only build hulls with the shipyard and then refit with the dry dock reducing the build time too much for KE

Paul 20- 30% reduction build on ships.. New ships are between 15 and 25 days.. Obscene really! 80 bucks a ship.. you got to be kidding. Thing is as long as people pay for it is as long as they will keep these ridiculous build times up. A ship should never be more than 5 days... 250 coins for one ship... $25.00.. Still does sound high doesnt it?

The game is loosing its touch because devs cant see the benefit in haviing a second dock. 

Second dock and reduced times will mean more peeps will actually coin!!

Everyone I know has 10 fleets they havent gotten around to build as yet plus 5 fleets that need refitting! At these prices.. I abstain!!

I'm totally with you,  I personally think the dry dock would be the perfect answer but its clear that KE will not do it no matter how many times it's asked. hence why i'm trying to suggest alternatives which in my eyes are the minimum that needs to be done.

Will it make any difference, probably not :pensive: 

• frank.aubert.16
    frank.aubert.16
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 114
    kixeye is in the money making game not making things easier for the players holy hell when will people stop asking for a **** dry doc you dont like build time or refit times then stop building or refitting and find a new game to play. no matter how much we ask or how nice we ask it wont happen they dont care because there are enough people that will coin the fleets that it isnt that big of a deal for them

• warren.fee.3
    warren.fee.3
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,953

some of you assumed correct. Theres 2 ..wow and oaw. The one very similar will be oaw. Thats the game that must not be mentioned. Thats the one i have been referring to in this thread and a few of you guessed right. Shall not give its full name..thread shall be deleted or closed if constant references are made to a rival game i would assume. I will still dabble in this game but if the other has dry dock no uranium no ridiculous build/repair times i may end end spending my money and time there alot more. If kix want to keep their spenders and player base they need to do something fast of risk loosing a massive coining/player percentage to its rivals.

• DiRtyFoZzie
    DiRtyFoZzie
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,448
    edited 21 May 2014, 9:17AM

Who cares anymore, they will just do what they want or can get away with, Iam just riding it until the summer when a 'cough' new pvp game gets released, I am already signed up. :)

• Magic Bunny
    Magic Bunny
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 17,465

some of you assumed correct. Theres 2 ..wow and oaw. The one very similar will be oaw. Thats the game that must not be mentioned. Thats the one i have been referring to in this thread and a few of you guessed right. Shall not give its full name..thread shall be deleted or closed if constant references are made to a rival game i would assume. I will still dabble in this game but if the other has dry dock no uranium no ridiculous build/repair times i may end end spending my money and time there alot more. If kix want to keep their spenders and player base they need to do something fast of risk loosing a massive coining/player percentage to its rivals.

pretty pointless coining to level 84 then promoting another, totally different game

it's a poor shoot 'em up, not a long-time strategy game

and kixeye have lived through the short-term success of WoT with it's $250 tanks -- most returned withing a week or two as it was so boring

Level ... not enough fingers to count that high

First played July 2011, in sector 96

• NUKE 187
    NUKE 187
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 43

This could potentially lose Kixeye money so it will not happen...unless another game ( hint ) comes out and Kixeye loses players ;)

there are a couple of new games like this unless kix change the speed of the tech issues new hull issues and build times i will change

• TraderJack
    TraderJack
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,105
    edited 21 May 2014, 10:24PM

I'm betting they come out with a special that repairs the hull while on the map; but I bet it's slow. 

• bruce_lee
    bruce_lee
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1,735

I think in the end what will happen is Kixeye will find a way to reduce build times for older and mid level hulls while keeping newer and top end fleet as they are. At least that is what I see hinted at as the solution to build times they are looking at but could be wrong.

• vetehinen
    vetehinen
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 2,232

I cannot see a reason after this long of game play and the amount of ships and new weapons being released that there still isn't a way to refit a ship while building a new one.   Come on already its becoming ridiculous now.

against arguments ... they would cut down coining in this game ... reality ... not having one is cutting down how many plays this game .

lets see something that kixeye said will ... never ... never ... never ... happen ... faster hull build times ( some hulls got a cut to build times )  faster repair times ( some hulls got faster repair times ) , faster refit ( special lvl 3 took 12 h now 9 h ) , faster research times ( 2 months ago retrofit hulls R5 was 14-18 days now all is 7 days ) , also new players have got faster building times in bases they dont have to wait 16 days to build lvl 2 dock like i did its only 7 days now ... so how long do it take to get drydock/refit station ?

• todd.w.harbaugh
    todd.w.harbaugh
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 230
    The best thing Kixeye could do to make more money is simple. Free play equal long build times but to coin means less coin per ship. If ships cost under 300 per ship many of us would spend lots more coin to build our many ships. Some ships are almost 1000 coins thats just dumb i will wait the 20+ days to build it for free. While some will spend lots of coin not matter what, the masses wont do that, but will spend coin to build if its worth it.

• RARExCrysis
    RARExCrysis
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 25
    Probley about the only thing they could do to save this game is add a dry dock, they are so worried about fixing zombie subs (because they are losing money) that they dont care about what the community actually wants.......

• Jokulhlaups
    Jokulhlaups
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 211
    edited 29 Jul 2014, 4:16PM

They'll revisit the issue by making this thread un-bumpable and letting it die like all the other cries and demands for it.  Let us all enjoy our ship backlog and ponder reality.

• Le Wulf
    Le Wulf
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 6,063
    Probley about the only thing they could do to save this game is add a dry dock, they are so worried about fixing zombie subs (because they are losing money) that they dont care about what the community actually wants.......

No what would save the game is a halt in advancing tech. 

• Apex_Predator
    Apex_Predator
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 68
    edited 29 Jul 2014, 7:08AM

Drydock need to be sorted out for sure .Long build times are killing me :(

• GoNzO DOGX
    GoNzO DOGX
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 56
    edited 29 Jul 2014, 7:12AM

soon, there will be a drydock..., in 'the game that cannot be spoken of'.
    Bye bye kixeye :smiley: 

edit. I removed the name of the game or they'll close thread. :-)

• norma.stitz.7
    norma.stitz.7
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 138

I figured I'd add to the fray.....Kixeye, I AM GOING TO GET A DRYDOCK...one way or the other.  You choose where!!!

• Dare_Devil1
    Dare_Devil1
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,595

Ok, here is my 2 cents.

I want the "game who must not be named" to be a big success. The reasons are two fold. BP does kinda get stale now and then, but always do 

come back because fundamentally it is a great game.  The new game will allow some new tactics, ideas and everyone starts out a noob lol.

Second, IF it is successful with it's drydock feature, Kixeye will have to compete. They will have to seriously consider a drydock.

Right now , there is nothing to motivate a Drydock in BP.  No competition and player requests over the years have fell on deaf ears.

A successful other game with drydock should change BP for the better for all players. Competition leads to lower prices, better build times and maybe the fabled drydock. I will continue to play both games , but if one has a drydock and one doesn't, which one will get more play time and more coins?

It is now at the stage where one wrong choice in a build can lead to massive backlog and refits stop new hulls from being built. 

Kixeye needs to do something as the build/refit times are beyond the realms of sustainability. 

Space Invaders elite player.
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 6,348

They also got to GET SERIOUS about REDUCING the build times.

• DiRtyFoZzie
    DiRtyFoZzie
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,448

If they thought zombie fleets was an issue I am not holding out much hope for this to happen anytime soon. At the very least older hulls say a year old should have shorter build times, that way they might encourage lower level and non-light coining players to stay, otherwise the game will just die a slow death.

• Le Wulf
    Le Wulf
    Unicorn Overlord
    Ace Face said:

At the very least older hulls say a year old should have shorter build times, that way they might encourage lower level and non-light coining players to stay.

bruce_lee said:

I think in the end what will happen is Kixeye will find a way to reduce build times for older and mid level hulls while keeping newer and top end fleet as they are. At least that is what I see hinted at as the solution to build times they are looking at but could be wrong.

And there is the solution.

• LandedKiller 22
    LandedKiller 22
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 2,291

Why would game economy be affected by the. Dry dock cm robot?

• GrandPaSunshine
    GrandPaSunshine
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 1,578

Bla bla bla blaa blaa  (translation:  NO  NEVER EVER)  

Grabs his life vest and gets ready to abandon ship.................................................Just Saying

When in doubt ATTACK
  • TheO139
    TheO139
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 454

So how can Kixeye reduce the ship building bottle neck without a dry dock?  hmmm, reduce build times overall (they just did that).  Or reduce the time to refit ship components (which makes sense but I have a feeling that Kixeye will not want to see the reduced revenue).  Bottom line is that their business plan has been to cater to the big coiners so it is unlikely that they will revise their approach. 

• Neo33
    Neo33
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 114

I figured I'd add to the fray.....Kixeye, I AM GOING TO GET A DRYDOCK...one way or the other.  You choose where!!!

Amen

• Dannystar72
    Dannystar72
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 215

I think they're trying to milk most of the coins... when they'll feel a threat from other companies they'll add a refit building. It's just a way of cheap marketing tricks. 

I CHALLENGE Kix team to play their game live along us with a limited number of coins... say 100 a month, which is a fair amount. Let's see where they'll end to. 

︻╦╤─    PLAY FOR FREE    ︻╦╤─ 
      ︻╦╤─      PAY TO WIN      ︻╦╤─ 
  • Dare_Devil1
    Dare_Devil1
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,595

Well on Battle Vortex today, Will Harbin was guest and was asked about a drydock in the future.

He pretty much said no as it would be a bandaid solution. This to me says there is a problem if a solution is

required. And using using a bandaid analogy means the wound must be pretty big in build/repair times.

Guess no need to revisit  Drydock issue now the CEO has confirmed no chance.  

Space Invaders elite player.
  • Le Wulf
    Le Wulf
    Unicorn Overlord
    IF he said that then...
    that pretty much tells me then the game has ended, not because the dry dock will not happen but the fact he cannot see the solution and is not working on it. It is true what people said BP has indeed been abandoned and it is in the end game cash grab phase.
  • Michael Rega
    Michael Rega
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,878

Lol, dry dock isn't the solution but you'll only see that once the large coiners ram everything down your throats at lightning speed with 2 docks to work with. The cost of builds & refits is prohibitive to most players so doubling the docks solves what? Oh yeah two labs for all you to **** about when you come on after getting hit 12 hrs earlier and realizing all that time lost on both now.

Level 81 Home Sector: 31 / Current Sector: Retired / Sectors Visited: 13 (2), 19, 31 (18), 34, 49 (2), 70, 78, 82, 105, 107, 108, 122 (4), 123 (2), 124, 127, 133, 134, 143, 148, 156, 183, 185, 192 (2), 206, 207, 213 (2), 221 (2), 225, 229 (2), 235 (2), 236, 241, 255 (2), 263, 265, 268, 269, 273 (2), 281, 288, 299, 300, 309, 321, 328, 334, 336 (2), 337, 349 (3), 360, 377, 381 (2), 390, 405, 414 (5), 416, 419, 440, 445, 475, 499 (2), 500
    Alliances: PKC, TLW, KR, ****, RBCS
  • neferphras
    neferphras
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 606

BP players have been calling for the drydock for years now. The argument that it will only empower coiners more is crap because they will coin no matter what kixeye puts out, that has been stone cold proven at this point. So drydock or no they will always have the newest toys on whatever ship they want. All that a Dry Dock would do is somewhat, but not entirely, elevate the refit need for the 100-400 coin a month crowd (that would include me) which clearly Kixeye's care not at all about.   If there is another game out there that cares about that spend threshold, and is willing to actually listen to their users that spend at that level and produces a drydock... Im sorry but.... they are going to have myself and my 40 friends who play this game. People go where they are appreciated....its as simple as that.