wall are compeltley USELESS

snake-doc
snake-doc
Minor Nuisance
Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 215

spent two plus hours re-doing the base and guess what Super ships which FIRE OVER WALLS do too much damage (3 salvos my base defenders are gone) and it craps out EVERY time i try to see what and how i can tighten the defense up  Walls need to do something more than being a paper weight.  the setup is good if it wasn't Super ships attacking (which can be re-fitted)----what we need is SEA MINDS that do damage to these super ships, yes it would make it harder for me to attack i don't care. i can not upgrade stuff because i attack back they attack me, and the insane cost of all the upgrades

oh there is base weapons (but you have to win them) or attack a D base can't win any thing form third level (events) ships are all ways in repair and they need some upgrades WHY can't we upgrade the weapons we have now,(base) fortifications, i'm asking for sea minds to upgrade base weapons WALLS that DO something besides look cute------WHY? because i'm tired of useless walls, getting ht by super ships (which there is no defense-- that i have found)   and not be able to get ahead   we might get these things but it will cost insane amounts to do it    

have a nice one

• Mr. Blizzard
    Mr. Blizzard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 3,176

walls are meant to reduce splash and spread, and before level 5 & 6 came out they didn't even do they're job.

• earthquakey
    earthquakey
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 2
    i do not agree... walls are best defense against rush fleets

• snake-doc
    snake-doc
    Minor Nuisance
    really? how deep do the walls have to be 3 4 and we are tacking SUPER SHIPS all w the same thing yellow (have no idea what the weapons is, but it could be radioactive---which does even more damage which gets back to my point there is NO defense against super ships
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 6,696

That yellow thingy sounds like the D92U impulse launcher. It like missiles and morts fly OVER walls. Walls help stop cannon and rockets from hitting the structures behind them AND contain the splash damage from siege morts. it also helps to have turrets 2 or 3 wall spaces apart.

• I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 2,311

walls are in fact paper weights ... as op stated ... siege morts go over walls ... impulse goes over walls ... missiles go over walls ... uav go over walls ... not to many cannon fleets that I know of hitting bases ... 

So until cannon fleets start hitting upper level bases ... the op is correct ... and to make my point if so many upper levels are hitting lvl 27 drac bases ... because its easier ... it wouldnt be a stretch that they wouldnt hit bases with cannons for the same reason ... less damage ... since shooting over the paper weights and from an out of range distance is just easier than shooting through them 

So just to clarify ... 
    This is a hit and be hit game ... 
    Yet some hate it when their attacker gets ... hit ... by someone else ... after they have been hit ...

Amazing how those wanting to force some to play their way ... would in fact be up in arms if they were forced to play someone elses way ... 
  • Weresquirrel
    Weresquirrel
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 9,977

walls are in fact paper weights ... as op stated ... siege morts go over walls ... impulse goes over walls ... missiles go over walls ... uav go over walls ... not to many cannon fleets that I know of hitting bases ... 

The Juggernaut, the SCX, and the Juggernaut X were all designed as ballistic blitzers.  Level 5 and 6 walls keep them out.
    The Thresher and the Mako are rocket blitzers that get stopped by high level walls.

What matters is firing arc.  Walls stop weapons with a low firing arc (ballistic, rockets).

• DataOutlaw
    DataOutlaw
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 724

The level 6 walls do protect your turrets from splash even against impulse launchers. Granted, forcing the nuclear cruiser fleets to take the turrets one at a time does not slow them down much but it is something. 

• I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    Master Tactician

The Juggernaut, the SCX, and the Juggernaut X were all designed as ballistic blitzers.  Level 5 and 6 walls keep them out.
    The Thresher and the Mako are rocket blitzers that get stopped by high level walls.

What matters is firing arc.  Walls stop weapons with a low firing arc (ballistic, rockets).

I hear ya ... but why would someone risk damage if they can shoot over and from a distance ... 

But I do see what your saying ...

So just to clarify ... 
    Yet some hate it when their attacker gets ... hit ... by someone else ... after they have been hit ...

Amazing how those wanting to force some to play their way ... would in fact be up in arms if they were forced to play someone elses way ... 
  • GrandPaSunshine
    GrandPaSunshine
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 1,578

Well what they defend against is correct but nobody i mean nobody attacks a mid to high level base with any of those fleets (OK just re read what i said and there will be one noob who will do it)  The SCX JUGG and JUGGX that i have can be used in raids sometimes and for clearing artillery in Drac bases and maybe fvf if your opponent fleet isn't a Stingray.  Walls were sorta good against Hells if your base walls are at least 6 thick however  I believe the main point of the posters was that spending hours and hours to build something that can in reality only stop one type of fleet doesn't improve the game..................Just saying

When in doubt ATTACK
  • Weresquirrel
    Weresquirrel
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 9,977

Well what they defend against is correct but nobody i mean nobody attacks a mid to high level base with any of those fleets (OK just re read what i said and there will be one noob who will do it)  The SCX JUGG and JUGGX that i have can be used in raids sometimes and for clearing artillery in Drac bases and maybe fvf if your opponent fleet isn't a Stingray.  Walls were sorta good against Hells if your base walls are at least 6 thick however  I believe the main point of the posters was that spending hours and hours to build something that can in reality only stop one type of fleet doesn't improve the game..................Just saying

That's the point, isn't it?  Historically blitz fleets have had a short lifespan in this game.  Either they're successful, in which case they're completely overwhelming, or else they don't work, in which case they kind of aren't worth building.  I still pull out the Hellstrikes against drone bases and Reaver dredges, but those had a short day in the sun as a high end base hitter too.

• LORD DAEMONICUS
    LORD DAEMONICUS
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 254
    snake-doc said:

spent two plus hours re-doing the base and guess what Super ships which FIRE OVER WALLS do too much damage (3 salvos my base defenders are gone) and it craps out EVERY time i try to see what and how i can tighten the defense up  Walls need to do something more than being a paper weight.  the setup is good if it wasn't Super ships attacking (which can be re-fitted)----what we need is SEA MINDS that do damage to these super ships, yes it would make it harder for me to attack i don't care. i can not upgrade stuff because i attack back they attack me, and the insane cost of all the upgrades

oh there is base weapons (but you have to win them) or attack a D base can't win any thing form third level (events) ships are all ways in repair and they need some upgrades WHY can't we upgrade the weapons we have now,(base) fortifications, i'm asking for sea minds to upgrade base weapons WALLS that DO something besides look cute------WHY? because i'm tired of useless walls, getting ht by super ships (which there is no defense-- that i have found)   and not be able to get ahead   we might get these things but it will cost insane amounts to do it    

have a nice one

Just wait until someone hits you with a ballistic fleet, you're going to be glad you have those walls.

• LORD DAEMONICUS
    LORD DAEMONICUS
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 254

The level 6 walls do protect your turrets from splash even against impulse launchers. Granted, forcing the nuclear cruiser fleets to take the turrets one at a time does not slow them down much but it is something. 

They do not protect against the impulse launchers as I hit 4 bases with my launcher fleet and the launchers simply went over the walls and nailed the turret.  The walls only got damaged because of the shockwave boom associated with the launcher fleets.

• DataOutlaw
    DataOutlaw
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 724

They do not protect against the impulse launchers as I hit 4 bases with my launcher fleet and the launchers simply went over the walls and nailed the turret.  The walls only got damaged because of the shockwave boom associated with the launcher fleets.

No, i said they are protected form splash. Mash two Cerberus 4 turrets next to each other without a level 6 wall between them and you will see what I mean. With no wall when the Impulse Launchers initiate a shockwave on the first turret the shockwave will pretty nearly destroy the neighboring turret as well. If there is a base defense ship parked behind that Cerb without a level 6 wall shielding it then it will also take 8k splash damage when the shockwave fires on the Cerb. If you have a level 6 wall in between them then the shockwave only destroys the turret it started on, not the turrets next door and not any ship sitting behind it. 

• Xenomo
    Xenomo
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 201

I agree that walls are critical versus shockwave and mortar splash but note they do not stop the radioactive flame left behind by a shockwave.

• GoodJobKix
    GoodJobKix
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 61

Got a lil nervous there.Thought walls were useless.Mine are still working might wanna send a support ticket in.

• Xenomo
    Xenomo
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 201

I want to hear more about these SEA MINDS!  Some sort of psionic base defense or do they scold attackers for being bullies?  Inquiring mines want to know....

• bruce.hart.77
    bruce.hart.77
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 231
    snake-doc said:

have a nice one

Do you mean mines?

• snake-doc
    snake-doc
    Minor Nuisance

oooooopsie yes sea mines lol makes me think of a old b movie "the brain that ate new york"  yes upgrade walls, space weapons a wee bit. try to figure (or youtube) a way to protect from Blitz fleets and keep hitting my attackers :)

thanks ya'll

• Bill Mcbride
    Bill Mcbride
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 62
    you might consider moving to a friendlier sector until you are built up
    snake-doc said:

have a nice one

• nayunj77
    nayunj77
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 202

Build a cuda with a depth charge. Kind of a mine?

• gnh0283
    gnh0283
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 7

At present, bases cannot be defended against top level fleets.  I try to discourage attacks by keeping 3 fleets of assault cudas under me base on guard at all times.  Won't stop somebody really determined to get in and willing to burn 4-5 fleets but it does discourage the average player.  cudas are way cheaper to repair than a full up base defence fleet.

• I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    Master Tactician

gotta love all the snarky commentary ... smh ... 

So just to clarify ...