Questions on the New Ranks..

• LORD DAEMONICUS
    LORD DAEMONICUS
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 254

It's the 75% bonus added onto whatever the current reload speed is, so if you currently have 100% reload speed then it will be 175% once you rank to lvl 25.

• BlackSoulDriver
    BlackSoulDriver
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 346

We did not change anything about the way that VXP is gained. If you're concerned about the sheer volume of salvages you would have to hit to get to the 25th rank, it might be good to consider that without this change, your rank 5 ships would essentially be gaining VXP towards nothing. At least now you are gradually working your way towards something each time you use that ship.

Are you really that daft?  Do you really think that we are regularly hitting salvages with our ranked ships and bemoaning those "wasted" vxp?  Hitting salvages is the most tedious, boring action this game has to it.  I can barely stomach autoing them and you think I'm going to run out and start hitting salvages with all my flts to rank them?  lol  That must be some really good stuff y'all are smoking cause that is as funny as us needing extra ranks for our ships.

I've got at least 30 people in my sector going nuts hitting every salvage in sight, so they might be smoking the same stuff as Kixeye.

And to the person who commented that they thought the VXP was 20 per hit - I've hit (untouched/not prepped) level 40 Strongholds that give my fleet of Tritons a whopping SIX VXP.  With three boats in that particular fleet, I get a huge TWO points per boat...wow.  

• brake
    brake
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 159

armor has nothing to do with ranking

• brake
    brake
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 159

also rank is damage per ship  so if on does more damage it gets more points

• Krondrin
    Krondrin
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 1,729
    edited 7 May 2014, 2:41AM

Armor does have something to do with it.  It's supposed to be that a ship gain 1 VXP for every 10% damage taken or when it deals 10% of its health in damage to an enemy.  You max out at 10 VXP for each of those categories in a single battle on a single ship.

This is why people are complaining about ranking their guards.  They're most likely armored so that dramatically increases the time needed to do so unless they pull it off.

• crazyjr
    crazyjr
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,245
    edited 7 May 2014, 2:49AM

The way i was told by many players, reload added on any ship is additive. The HNC for instance, the 50% reload, is additive to the regular hull reload of the NC of 50%. So going by what i know, the 75% is additive. Pretty sure the turn bonus is actually additive as well. The reasoning , is the turn speed really picks up on ranking. Not a token amount

• benjamin.andres.731
    benjamin.andres.731
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 82
    bases are ment to be toppled get over it this is a instant repair game minus base hitters which if you build your fleets right are not suppose to take 2 days to repair stop putting all capital ships in a fleet this tactic has never worked in any naval warfare

• kevin.meurs.9
    kevin.meurs.9
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 197

So after the paistaking time to rank em to level 5 Kixeye gives me a big FU and puts me back to square 1.

75% reload is alwys nice to have but gaining it wil be a hell of a looong gameplay :(

• Kaptain K
    Kaptain K
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 253

I'M OBVIOUSLY MISSING SOMETHING.....because I've yet to read WHAT it is that we get for ranking already ranked ships?????????  Upped percentage in defenses??  Faster fire rates??  More speed??  Better turning??  

W.H.A.T DO WE GET?????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Rura_Penthe
    Rura_Penthe
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 395
    The disparity between guard fleet reload and attack fleet reload widens. If guard fleets can't get ranked when defending (like they can't now) this might turn out to be a major problem... Oh wait, I forgot, people don't use those anymore... Guess it's one more reason I shouldn't....
  • tornoutlaw
    tornoutlaw
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 361

guys in case you have not realised, check this out:  Nuke Cruiser reload 50%, highlander fleet reload bonus 50%, plus now you can rank your NC up to 75% veterancy reload bonus?     this means a fully ranked highlander/NC fleet is going to have 175% reload and will be capable of triggering a shockwave to your base guard LESS THAN 1 SECOND.  how much evade we gotta stack now to prevent a shockwave sequence on our ships from detonating every 0.9seconds?

• Rura_Penthe
    Rura_Penthe
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 395

For some it will be evade of one.... They will be evading bp all together and thus successfully EVADE everything kix can throw at them lol

guys in case you have not realised, check this out:  Nuke Cruiser reload 50%, highlander fleet reload bonus 50%, plus now you can rank your NC up to 75% veterancy reload bonus?     this means a fully ranked highlander/NC fleet is going to have 175% reload and will be capable of triggering a shockwave to your base guard LESS THAN 1 SECOND.  how much evade we gotta stack now to prevent a shockwave sequence on our ships from detonating every 0.9seconds?

• carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 6,696
    twest0 said:

As a reminder, Kixeye's development team is separate from the troubleshooting team.  Rollout of a new feature doesn't put bug fixes on the back burner.  These are different skill sets.

To put this another way, if your car needs an engine rebuild and a new radio, you don't fix the engine any faster by retasking the radio installer to the engine work. (We've all been "assisted" some time or other on something that was complicated and we knew how to do it, by someone who didn't have the right skill set--and we've grumbled about it).

It's the sort of solution that looks good from a distance, not so useful up close.

You have 2 teams. One team is adding content? Creating new bugs. The other team is fixing the bugs? If they have to stop working on the old bugs to correct the new bugs then how are they progressing on fixing the games problems?

I've played this game for almost 3 years now and have yet to see an update come out that doesn't have something wrong with it. 

Methinks they need to re-evaluate the game development process. Too many cooks and all that. 

As a mechanic of over 25 years.....you don't want somebody monkeying around with what your working on until your done. 

As someone working in a software development role over 25 years starting as the guy doing the development work, then project managing development projects, then directing multiple development teams, and now managing one development team while also serving as product manager for the larger platform development I can tell you that the multiple development teams are not necessarily the problem. In many cases it is very effective to have a separate production support team fixing bugs so the new feature development team can actually accomplish the development of the new features. As an end user of the Battle Pirates software development effort it feels to me like the issue here is piss poor QA. Many time I have found myself in a position to explain (yet again) to upper management that the code that come out of development never works quite right the first time; never ever ever. If you do not plan a QA cycle at least as long as the initial development cycle it is a recipe for failure. The way you release good and bug free code is by taking the time to both fully QA the new features as well as regression test old features for every release. 

Take the recent release of the Grimshine Berserker combat mechanic as an example. The developer who coded that bit knew that the overload did a triple salvo and reduces the minimum range to zero. The developer either read the requirement wrong or just mistakenly coded the triple salvo piece so that it applied for the 9s duration of the overload; probably just an oversight forgetting to put in a bit of code to prevent it from continuing to fire triple salvos for the duration. QA missed the fact that the triple salvo went on for the full 9s instead of being a single burst like the description said. QA also missed the fact that the minimum range went to zero which was not stated in the description of the effect. For an effect that can affect all weapons in the fleet QA should have tested this against all weapon types. A single test against impulse launchers or fast reload ballistics would have made it obvious the triple salvo was lasting too long. A single test against mortars, even the new chaos mortar which they must have *had* to perform for this raid should have clearly shown the minimum range disappearing. In my educated opinion the failure here was on QA, not development. 

Nearly all of the glitched that make it out on release days feel like QA failures to me, that is where Kixeye needs to invest some money into more QA operators, more skilled QA operators, or some combination thereof.

I got the impression WE are the QA team. They just seem to bring out new stuff without any testing and whatever we complain about the most; is what may (or may NOT get fixed).  Seriously how are so many bugs getting past QA unless they DON'T do any QA at all?

• Christos222
    Christos222
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 142
    Krondrin said:

Armor does have something to do with it.  It's supposed to be that a ship gain 1 VXP for every 10% damage taken or when it deals 10% of its health in damage to an enemy.  You max out at 10 VXP for each of those categories in a single battle on a single ship.

This is why people are complaining about ranking their guards.  They're most likely armored so that dramatically increases the time needed to do so unless they pull it off.

Armour has EVERYTHING to do with ranking.

1. Until now points req'd for rank 1 through 5 were the same for every hull, to a total of 2500 points for Star rank on any hull. Now the system seems to have changed and points required are being calculated off the hull's BASE armour spec

2. VXP are earned (to the best of my knowledge and experience) as thus:

1 VXP per 10% total armour value of damage taken to a max of 10 VXP per battle

1 VXP per 10% total armour value (of YOUR ship) of damage dealt to an enemy SHIP (only damage to ships accrue VXP) to a max of 10 VXP        per battle.

This is why armoured ships take a lot longer to rank as they need to do much more damage to get 1 VXP

It is also why players simply cruise the seas hitting any fleets left out or mining etc as VXP is only earned hitting enemy SHIPS. hitting bases earns you VXP for the damage you take and for taking out the guard/defense fleet.

This may not be entirely accurate but it how I have witnessed ranking occuring over the last 3 years.

• Orcus13
    Orcus13
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 299

Figured I'd share since ranking is so freaking boring...
    This was made before rank 25 came out so some stuff is really old news like not adding armor until ranked...

Know of a good strategy game? PM me - looking for one...
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 6,696

One Positive thing about the new ranks. Your low to mid level alliance members who don't have the skill or tech to hit bases for ally points now have a incentive to hit large numbers of cargo fleets resulting in more ally points than they used to get. And as much as we would ALL like our ships on max rank within a day or 2; be realistic, IT IS GOING TO TAKE TIME. (like everything else in this game)

• kewlbrew
    kewlbrew
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 91

Tissues to the criers and whiners.  Let's see - before change rank 5 max w/25% turn and fire bonus.  After, change max 75% turn and fire once ranked to top.  I for one will take the added bonuses, and the reduced resource costs until the ships re-max out.

If you're pissed about the change, launch a fleet or two and go smash stuff til they're dead, or you mellow out.

-KB

• redbud840
    redbud840
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1

no.. here is kixs math... it would be one or the other first so lets say.. 100% first then what ever the total is the u would do the 75% then. and so on and so on. thats how they do it to all.. if u have 5 plates of lets say whatever but its 5% .. its 5% then 5% of that intill u get all 5 done

• NOKLU
    NOKLU
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 172

I'm just going to go back to autoing 27's in the mini and rerank all the fleets I need. LOL

ROTTEN

• LORD DAEMONICUS
    LORD DAEMONICUS
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 254
    redbud840 said:

no.. here is kixs math... it would be one or the other first so lets say.. 100% first then what ever the total is the u would do the 75% then. and so on and so on. thats how they do it to all.. if u have 5 plates of lets say whatever but its 5% .. its 5% then 5% of that intill u get all 5 done

This is not correct as this isn't talking about armor it's talking about the reload bonuses for the weapons, which are additive, not multiplicative.  It's clear that from the single post you have done you have no idea of what is going on.

• Majestic12
    Majestic12
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 169

Now we gotta expect the reload rate to go up in ships in raids drac bases and so on, remember what kix give with one hand thay take away with the other.

• Magic Bunny
    Magic Bunny
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 17,465

Majestic12 said:

Now we gotta expect the reload rate to go up in ships in raids drac bases and so on, remember what kix give with one hand thay take away with the other.

maybe ..... or maybe that Nuc Cruiser in the 44 already had this

Level ... not enough fingers to count that high

First played July 2011, in sector 96

• Magic Bunny
    Magic Bunny
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 17,465

rank 6 on my specs is 29% turn, 29% fire-rate

Level ... not enough fingers to count that high

First played July 2011, in sector 96

• TheLuckyPirate
    TheLuckyPirate
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 287

Anyone can help how the new ranking bonus apply per rank?

We already know that rank 5 yields 25%, how about if rank 6?

No WHINING AND TROLLING. Clean and direct information would help us noobs.

If you believe you are lucky then you are lucky...
    Whatever you believe in, you will be in reality.
  • TheLuckyPirate
    TheLuckyPirate
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 287

If you believe you are lucky then you are lucky...
    Whatever you believe in, you will be in reality.
  • Hollandaise
    Hollandaise
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 123

Your welcome.

• Mike Noel
    Mike Noel
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 123

that cant be right ... i ranked a corvette to 6 and it shows 29.0 %.... however the graph shows 27.5%... someone mustve guesstimated

• Penndragon4
    Penndragon4
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 402

rank 6 on my specs is 29% turn, 29% fire-rate

That's weird I would have expected 27.5% for each

Level 82

I won some stuff, built less ;-P
  • Hollandaise
    Hollandaise
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 123
    Mike Noel said:

that cant be right ... i ranked a corvette to 6 and it shows 29.0 %.... however the graph shows 27.5%... someone mustve guesstimated

Is that maybe with alliance bonus?