What should be done about the grimshine?

• CLOWN_BP
    CLOWN_BP
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 123

i aint got much of a prob with this tho i can understand other feeling upset. personally i got the idea with the overloads right from the off and didn't even know about the bug till i saw it posted here. 

• Cap'n Jim
    Cap'n Jim
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 104

So, they add a bugged grim zerker to the raid so that it does mega damage to your fleet and you have to coin extra repairs.  People see what the hull can do and decide that they want it.  They spend a bunch of real world money on the repairs, and on the coining of said fleet, and then a couple of weeks later it gets nerfed.   Terrible business ethic and very manipulative way to conduct yourself.  Shame on you Kixeye!

• Toruk
    Toruk
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 2,824

you idiots payed an inordinate amount of money and then **** when the massilvy op ship ship gets nerfed a little god get a life go play farm vil do something else and stop whinging 

• Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 2,195
    WldSpirit said:

For those that did NOT vote for Bacon - A- What the hell are you thinking? B -  Perhaps taking things a bit too seriously? C -  Always vote for Bacon!

Maybe they are Jewish?

Coming Soon in Kixeye land means "When Satan need to put the heating on"
  • Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician

On the subject of the reaver hulls. Sink them all and refund everyone's gold!! They are just ruining the game further.

I thought the nuke was a bit overpowered. It's a kitten by comparison. My base is still mostly geared to protect against morts since the siege B was released. I tweaked it slightly to stop nukes, which in most cases it now does. Soon as I heard rumors of a new mortar/mort hull, I quickly tweaked my guards to take on the new challenge. (bearing in mind my base already stops even the best DNX setups on the first turn)

I got hit earlier by a very nicely kitted fleet with a grimshine at the lead. It took my base to pieces the second it was in range of the turrets and gaurds. Nothing I had stood a chance as soon as they overloaded! They killed 4 of my 5 guards in about 15 seconds. I've looked at my tech and looked at the stats. I can't see a single way to stop these things unless kix release some serious new base tech, which will not only be unfair on those who won the grim, it will mean those trying to defend spend yet more time refitting in an already slow and expensive game. 

Slow down a bit Kixeye!

• Patrick_D109
    Patrick_D109
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 85

When Kixeye offers an over powered hull like this, it's because Kixeye wants all the coiners to break into our bank accounts to catch up.  We the coiners should stop coining until Kixeye de-power's the hull, those that own it should be compensated.

• Topper5
    Topper5
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,986

As long as ppl spend $400 each month to coin the latest hull and than spend another $50 each day to hit 30-40 bases with it for the next 3 weeks .... nothing will change. The next raid will see the next ridiculous op hull. Mark my words.

• Kusamoto's Navy
    Kusamoto's Navy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 249

I laugh at everyone who took, and then spent their paychecks on, a grimshine.  Me and my dull yet effective Tritons will be over here snickering.

The Fangs • Magical Samurai

Sectors Visited:  333, 49, 59, 429, 225, 255, 329, 142, 140, 355, 352, 162, 381, 140, 54, 390
    Hulls Won:  More than I can build

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarter, or take any from you."  -Edward Teach
     "You want to feel hate?  Fine, you can have it.  I spit dark and cold as the deep space between planets."  -Epic Lloyd

• Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician
    edited 6 May 2014, 1:45AM

I laugh at everyone who took, and then spent their paychecks on, a grimshine.  Me and my dull yet effective Tritons will be over here snickering.

Have you seen it in action yet? They are ridiculous. MUCH worse than nukes even with a high-lander.

I won't fear tritons until I see one parked next to my smoking OP. Many have tried, ALL have failed (even the new setups with impulse or drones)

Saying that, you could get in easy now. I no longer put out my guards as of today lol

• Berp88
    Berp88
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 49

i'm not the sharpest tool, but the stats in this picture would be pretty clear to just about anyone.  I coined mine, so if this changes and I in fact get screwed, how could I or anyone have any confidence spending money with Kixeye in the future.  Mistakes should be accounted for but not on my dime.

• Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician
    Berp88 said:

i'm not the sharpest tool, but the stats in this picture would be pretty clear to just about anyone.  I coined mine, so if this changes and I in fact get screwed, how could I or anyone have any confidence spending money with Kixeye in the future.  Mistakes should be accounted for but not on my dime.

I read somewhere from a Mod that it is getting nerfed and the ship description will also change to reflect it. I can't seem to find the thread though.

• ty.schmidt.961
    ty.schmidt.961
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 17

It is not a "simple misunderstanding".   Many players coined the Grim after seeing it in actual combat, me included.  After 2 fleeting most of the tier A targets, to get the 25 mil points, since my fleets are not all A grade.  I immediately chose the Grim, put 6 D92s on it, coined its build time, and stuck it into my heavy NC fleet.  From that point on in the raid, I was able to single fleet every tier A target with that fleet, the "green rain" from the overload effect quickly sunk any remaining "big" enemy ships including opposing Grims and Zerks.  

So, when I go to use this fleet in the next raid, am I to expect it to only perform at about 25% at best of what it did previously, what I had originally paid for?  I will measure it in the next raid and plan my course of action then.  Unless, it is obviously "nerfed" tomorrow.... 

• Drumar6
    Drumar6
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 150

I understood it from day one...it's not Kixeye's fault people read what they wanted to read.  The hull is still OP and takes out bases with relative ease.

• TexTuna
    TexTuna
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 152

**** em and their little coins...Buhyah!

• jeys11
    jeys11
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 148

Now kixeye changed our prize, so please give back our raid points and chance to choose raid prizes again. i don't want grimshine now.

• purcellwd
    purcellwd
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 481
    Toruk said:

you idiots payed an inordinate amount of money and then **** when the massilvy op ship ship gets nerfed a little god get a life go play farm vil do something else and stop whinging 

Well i would love to say a few things to you about that comment but i don't wanna be banned from forums lol

• glenn.parsley.9
    glenn.parsley.9
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 203
    WaterLine said:

An overall review of blueprint wording would be appropriate - and also of the in game guide.

Here are some other examples

• Guidance Scrambler and the weapons it effects
    • UAV - damage done, and no penetrative specials apply.
    • Reaper - submerged, semi-submerged
    • Poisoiden Depth Charges - does rocket reload affect them?  seems like it would with spread and splash
    • Shockwave damage - I just learned this week that it was radioactive.  It does not specify that though.

I am sure there are more.everythin but the uav is right but  ust saw in kixeye battle pirates support that penetrative specials do aply to the uav 

• purcellwd
    purcellwd
    Skilled Warrior

Nothing should be done it clearly stated 3 Salvo's, the 9 seconds is if nothing is in range gives you a chance to close on stuff, is more that people never read or looked it up properly so touch luck to them.

Its people like you who leave these comments that i know you never won the hull so why bother commenting

• purcellwd
    purcellwd
    Skilled Warrior
    Tom H said:

If the the advertised description says 9 seconds it should be 9 seconds. I'm tired of hearing how whiners are complaining about ships being too powerful and unbalanced. If that is the way it is made keep it! If I spend $ on a raid for something it should be as advertised. Once changed from the original form it is called a bait and switch which by the way is "ILLEGAL"! If I paid for it it the item better not change.

not at all

I got my berserker as it overloaded for 9 seconds, firing once every 1500 damage .... i'm happy with that

this was common-knowledge on the forums and third party pages -- that's why i got it

Should not always have to go to forums and third party pages and everywhere else to get proper information it should be the right information from the start,and it wasen't

• tater_salad
    tater_salad
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 565
    edited 6 May 2014, 12:22PM

it was a waste to even introduce them they have basically ruined the game.  no point in even defending your base now even attacking all strategy and skill is gone its just purely all about coins now.  the only way you can take solace in a victory over grimshines is how many you kill in the attack before they flatten you.  kixeye has lost me as a customer i used to enjoy spending a few bucks on this game  but not anymore 

• glenn.parsley.9
    glenn.parsley.9
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 203
    i saw a combo of 2 goli with launchers a atlas and arbi with pira drones sto a grim serker fleet 

• Drumar6
    Drumar6
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 150
    purcellwd said:

Nothing should be done it clearly stated 3 Salvo's, the 9 seconds is if nothing is in range gives you a chance to close on stuff, is more that people never read or looked it up properly so touch luck to them.

Its people like you who leave these comments that i know you never won the hull so why bother commenting

I won the hull, sitting here looking at an empty shipyard trying to decide if I want to build an 11 day empty hull, or screw it and screw around with refitting...I understood it was only 3 salvos before the raid started....now what ya got?

• Bo Ruhl
    Bo Ruhl
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 151

Leave them as are and try to adjust that with
    Base defence weapons in next raid against them.
    That way those that win them dont lose and kixeye maybe earn there money in next raid from those that like to have defence against them.

We have had this problem before with DNX X, Rockets V, then hells and inferno rockets when they came and that have been adjusted. So why cant this be with out nefing them as Kixeye say they are not doing BUT not just me think that is what they are doing.

Graywolf    Lvl  <<higher then I expected>>

Coining is not cheating.
    Coining means that those poor Kixeye  programmers that work hard to solve all issues whit this game get food every day.
    And also that those of u not spending a dime on this game still can play ...
  • tim.logan.31392
    tim.logan.31392
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 655

The change in the functionality of the grim and berz is a clear fraud. Having one salvo increase every overload is not what the description states nor is it close to being the same. Representations and words mean something especially when they are tied to a monetary component.  This game is run by a company to make a profit.  The fact that you can play for free is irrelevant.  If you offer a monetary component and make representations regarding a product to induce the expenditure of money, you can not falsely represent the product.  Very disappointing scenario.  

• Tavx
    Tavx
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 336
    edited 6 May 2014, 4:10PM

I spent time and money getting the Grimshine, and two days before I finish building it, it gets nerfed. Whats the point in playing if I build a ship based on how a ship is actually working and how it's stated it works, only to have it changed after I spend so much effort to get it. It's called bait and switch, and if I paid Ford for a new Taurus and they hand me the keys for a Fiesta, they would be faced with serious legal problems. I know this is a totally different product, but the principle remains the same.

Level 74

That's about it.
  • Magic Bunny
    Magic Bunny
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 17,465
    Tavx said:

I spent time and money getting the Grimshine, and two days before I finish building it, it gets nerfed. Whats the point in playing if I build a ship based on how a ship is actually working and how it's stated it works, only to have it changed after I spend so much effort to get it. It's called bait and switch, and if I paid Ford for a new Taurus and they hand me the keys for a Fiesta, they would be faced with serious legal problems. I know this is a totally different product, but the principle remains the same.

clearly stated in the raid video and the forum all week-end ...

Level ... not enough fingers to count that high

First played July 2011, in sector 96

• philip.wells.75
    philip.wells.75
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 10

what makes me laugh is, I ticketed this and got the "scripted response" that anyone who ticketed this got but also that I should follow the official thread if I have further questions.  15 pages of mainly upset players/customers (except for the traditional couple of trolls) and so the forum gets locked.....lol, 

Kixeye response"Guys there's a problem", "I know, lets bury our heads in the sand and hope it goes away."

Everyone should get on the boycott BP page on facebook, a month of vastly reduced income and maybe they will take their heads out of the sand and listen some more to those that actually keep them in work.......

• Stryker2012
    Stryker2012
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 247

My problem, and same for most others... is that we trusted our eyes... when we saw the video and the ship's performance... THAT is what we fought for, and frankly expected.  Sure the Grim's are overpowered, but that should have been realized BEFORE making video, jacking up the cost in raid, letting everybody get through entire raid and coin to get them and then say "Oops, this isn't how it should work... sorry"  If you showed me a Corvette with a 440 under the hood and took me for a test drive and we negotiated the price and I bought it... then you decided weeks later to come by with the 4 cylinder engine you say it's supposed to have in it instead and swap out engines... yeah, I'd be (and am) unhappy and feel cheated... and rightly so.

Stryker_Wolverine [Wolvs]

Stryker_Wolverine [MFBA]

Winner of: Grimshine, Hellhound, Interceptor V2-C + V2-H, Kodiak, Nighthawk, Enforcer, Atlas, Harlock Atlas, Highlander NC, Nuclear Cruiser, Berserker, Hellstrike, Reaper, Triton, Stingray, MCX, DNX, SC, MC, BS, BC, BCX, Mercury, Interdictor, Jug X, Mauler, Vindicator,  Hurricane, Cudas, Spectres, Goli, and several other hulls I will maybe one day build

• jerry7624
    jerry7624
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 39

My problem, and same for most others... is that we trusted our eyes... when we saw the video and the ship's performance... THAT is what we fought for, and frankly expected.  Sure the Grim's are overpowered, but that should have been realized BEFORE making video, jacking up the cost in raid, letting everybody get through entire raid and coin to get them and then say "Oops, this isn't how it should work... sorry"  If you showed me a Corvette with a 440 under the hood and took me for a test drive and we negotiated the price and I bought it... then you decided weeks later to come by with the 4 cylinder engine you say it's supposed to have in it instead and swap out engines... yeah, I'd be (and am) unhappy and feel cheated... and rightly so.

Stryker_Wolverine [Wolvs]

• Peter Watson
    Peter Watson
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 262

The ones I really don't feel sorry for are the guys who coined their fleets in order to try and kill the unsinkable hulls that were there at raid start. Kixeye QA's finest hour!

TANSTAAFL
    There ain't no such thing as a free lunch Bandito260 Sector 92; Level 156 Please feel free to correct my grammar, spelling, punctuation, syntax or idiom, but if you do, remember that I am British and hence a member of the only nation who has the right to term themselves native speakers of the English language.