The Retrofits WHATS THE POINT. Far to many points required for NO Gain

carl.wear.3
carl.wear.3
Unicorn Overlord
Joined May 2013 Posts: 6,696
edited 19 Mar 2014, 4:59AM

I havn't seen a proper thread on this so I am creating one. The retrofits for weapons, components and armour are INSANE. You need 50,000 Rep points (uranium) WHATEVER WHO CARES, to retro the Drac Evade armour. And after the retro what do you get? NOTHING. It goes from 7.5% to 7.75% which DOESN'T boost the overall evade. IF you retro'd it another 3-4 times you may get a miniscule boost to evade but thats over 200K rep points. Who has that amount laying around? IF it was 5K needed it wouldn't be so bad. Also the countermeasures retro. I did the maths and the reload goes from 5sec fire-rate to 4.925 sec fire rate (reload rate) same diff. We got to work so hard to get the **** stuff, OR spend $1000 in coins on repairs for SO LITTLE GAIN. Is this kix's way of punishing us for NOT wanting it lootable?
Come on Kixeye ; DRASTICALLY REDUCE the amounts we need for the retro's. The current levels needed for the pathetic gain is not worth it.

• SunGod1
    SunGod1
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 2,103

YES .. think 9 out of 10 players agree with that assessment 

"The contents of this post are working as intended."
  • Azrakhul
    Azrakhul
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 882

Lol.  Yeah, a bunch of crazy sh** happening Pirate Commander now...  think the best retros are the engines, Shields, Compound/Alloy and Evade, everything else is just plain insane, and the prices are just plain mutiny.

They said to hold them accountable, "to put their feet over the fire..."
  • CrankyYankee
    CrankyYankee
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 2,238

I would not recommend ever retrofitting any component or weapon. The benefits are far too small for the amount of Uranium it costs. Even hulls are debatable. Your basically paying for the paint job. 

• Dirty-Alpha
    Dirty-Alpha
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,063

i wouldnt recommend this game to anyone the way its gone

• The_Hand_of_Thrawn
    The_Hand_of_Thrawn
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 184

Well i was looking for a thread on this.

So, basically we are back to Kixeye math again.

I spend 1 day, plus 50,000 Uranium to get 3% increase to my compound armor that has 4% resistance to ballistic, missile and explosive.

Do i get 7% after the retro?  or do i get 4.12%?

Guess the original poster answered that question.  This, again is ridiculous.

The_Hand_of_Thrawn (GIMP)

Just hit repair
  • Target
    Target
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 4,296

Some of the new armor and specials upgrades look good, however they are crazy exspensive. But as long as people coin like hell to get them the price will not change. 

• james.menefee.54
    james.menefee.54
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 25

Ya'll cry an awful lot.  While i'll be the first to admit there are some...questionable prices there are some gems to be had in the refits for sure everything from ships to specials, weapons...the lot.  Also, no one told you that you needed to take them all to R5.  Stop being a "competitionist" make wise decisions on what level to refit something to and carry on.  Additionally getting uranium isn't difficult.  10k per FM, I'm not sure how much I got in the raid, and I wouldn't put it past Kixeye making it a resource from cargo ships either.  

• bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,257

If you think it costs too much for too little benefit, then don't do it. It is end game content for players that have everything else. Its not designed to give you an unbeatable advantage (and nor should it be).

• LordSmithers
    LordSmithers
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 2,023

These retrofits will make the difference between a bare defeat and a bare victory. If you want to be as competitive as possible, you'd be foolish to turn down the retrofits. For the average joe (like me, lol), they're way too overpriced for what they do. I sure won't be bothering with them.

Nobody cares about what stupid ships you won.
  • SunGod1
    SunGod1
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 2,103

The game ends when they shut the servers down new stuff comes out all the time there is no END GAME.  The phrase pseudo coin only content is what you are looking for.  That is what is it ..   

"The contents of this post are working as intended."
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    SunGod1 said:

The game ends when they shut the servers down new stuff comes out all the time there is no END GAME.  The phrase pseudo coin only content is what you are looking for.  That is what is it ..   

Interesting concept. I'm a zero coiner, and have mcx to r5, r5 countermeasurers, r4 dreads, r5 shockwaves and a number of other items at various levels. I guess I must be doing something wrong.

Well yes end game does move, but at any point, by definition, an end game player is one with all the current available toys. they are at the peak.

• Sovereign_VOD
    Sovereign_VOD
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 81

I like the new retros they look good and will be starting them when i get enough uranium 

Raid/Campaign Hulls - Corvette, Frigate, Destroyer, Light Cruiser, BattleShip, Juggernaut, Battle Barge A, Leviathan A, Mercury, Destroyer X, Light Cruiser X, BattleCruiser, Hurricane, Spectre, VIndicator, Hellstrike, Rampart, Atlas, Triton, Interdictor, Sea Scorpian A, Super Fortress, Hammerhead A & B, Floating Fortress A, Nighthawk, Avenger, Mastodon, Goliath, Missile Cruiser, Spader DNX (3), Harlock Triton (5), Zoe's Stingrays (3), Interceptor V2-C, Juggernaut X and  Savage Kodiak
  • Nitromthn
    Nitromthn
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 841

its a bait thing to get you to hit the different things to gain uranium at very low amounts and high damage forcing you to coin the fleet or sit with out it and wait till it repairs.. the cost on the upgrades are very high with very low enhancements so you want the next level to increase again forcing you back to the targets to gather more for another low upgrade.. it a genius way to get money/coins out of players and it works... but eventually people see that the gains are not worth the coin cost or time spent fixing if you don't coin.. kixeye is very smart at how to get players to coin.. eventually people get smart like me and just stop coning.. then when everyone is fed up and stops the coining the game shuts down... 

now if kix was to give us stuff like ways to refit or build faster then it keeps the fun into the game and the players attention and coins.. right now its all about the greed... so the game will end when more coiners stop.. 

i just like to add a thought line kix should think about before all the coiners stop coining.. example: if they gave us a second dry dock to refit during build then we would coin that refit too.. but they don't get that.. want to refit.. coin the hull your building then refit and coin that... i have reached my fed up point with 9 hulls i paid to win in raids that i cant build for months and when i do its months on the build.. if i need to refit something i have to stop the build and start again.. im just sick of it now.. as im sure so many others are.. kix needs to listen to the player and have a long money making game instead of trying to force the coins from us... that's why raids are so close.. there in the get as much as you can right now... screw getting it over time.. there in the business of selling time...   

• DuckyD
    DuckyD
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 201

Here is a little info that I have found on Kixeye about the retro fits in case anyone wanted to know.

FYI...this is word for word from CM Robot 

What it boils down to is this, to speak openly about the subject. The new weapon retrofits are a way for high-level players to optimize certain types of weapon blueprints. We've intentionally made the costs demanding and unfortunately this means that they will not be immediately accessible to everyone. Because they are not designed for everyone in mind
  • LORD DAEMONICUS
    LORD DAEMONICUS
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 254
    bort said:
    SunGod1 said:

Interesting concept. I'm a zero coiner, and have mcx to r5, r5 countermeasurers, r4 dreads, r5 shockwaves and a number of other items at various levels. I guess I must be doing something wrong.

Well yes end game does move, but at any point, by definition, an end game player is one with all the current available toys. they are at the peak.

And you're full of **** as there's no way you can get all those hulls, let alone the level of retrofit and be a zero coiner.  You're nothing but a **** troll who's got his head so far up Kixeye's ****, that we can't tell where you end and they begin.

• trojan66
    trojan66
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 3,252

I havn't seen a proper thread on this so I am creating one. The retrofits for weapons, components and armour are INSANE. You need 50,000 Rep points (uranium) WHATEVER WHO CARES, to retro the Drac Evade armour. And after the retro what do you get? NOTHING. It goes from 7.5% to 7.75% which DOESN'T boost the overall evade. IF you retro'd it another 3-4 times you may get a miniscule boost to evade but thats over 200K rep points. Who has that amount laying around? IF it was 5K needed it wouldn't be so bad. Also the countermeasures retro. I did the maths and the reload goes from 5sec fire-rate to 4.925 sec fire rate (reload rate) same diff. We got to work so hard to get the **** stuff, OR spend $1000 in coins on repairs for SO LITTLE GAIN. Is this kix's way of punishing us for NOT wanting it lootable?
    Come on Kixeye ; DRASTICALLY REDUCE the amounts we need for the retro's. The current levels needed for the pathetic gain is not worth it.

it has been stated by multiple moderators as well as robot that this was purely intended for the whales as a way to keep busy once they coin everything else, the expectation is that players focus all of their attention on completing all of the hull retrofits and then once nothing is left to do to then be frivolous with their rep and gain miniscule advantages that do not put much more than a few more decimal points on top of their already huge advantage over the typical player.  

:)
  • Major Kessler
    Major Kessler
    Master Tactician
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 2,124
    edited 19 Mar 2014, 10:13AM

kixeyeuser_1356594713059_1728_1601561274 said:

What it boils down to is this, to speak openly about the subject. The new weapon retrofits are a way for high-level players to optimize certain types of weapon blueprints. 

Well I'm not sure what they mean by "high level".

I'm a 67 (nearly 68) - I have fully ranked D92 Nuclear Cruisers and R5 MCX etc etc

I pulled over 35 million in the last raid (doing Series A) and consider myself a reasonably good "driver" and could also do Reaver 70s.

I just got the ever-loving chit kicked out of me in a 62, an 18hour+ repair bill for about 3,000 uranium.

Now I love all the little extras and ranking everything to the nth degree - but no f**king way am I doing that again it's just pointless.

It wasn't a "challenge", it wasn't "fun", it was just like attacking a square base in the old days - seriously s*dding boring.

Battle Pirates is like on-line betting, if the fun stops they tell you spending more money will cheer you up a bit....
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 19 Mar 2014, 10:31AM
    bort said:
    SunGod1 said:

And you're full of **** as there's no way you can get all those hulls, let alone the level of retrofit and be a zero coiner.  You're nothing but a **** troll who's got his head so far up Kixeye's ****, that we can't tell where you end and they begin.

why are you so angry? do you lack the skill to do it without coins?

refer exhibit a. https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/280508

I have been doing it without coins for a long, long time. And its considerably easier now than it was in 2012 for the non-coiner. You dont need to spend anywhere near as much time grinding it out.

You have a choice. Sit down, watch others, read what works, watch videos (even my 3 year old can do that), figure it out or cry like a 5 year old. I wonder which category you fit into?

• trojan66
    trojan66
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 3,252
    bort said:
    SunGod1 said:

or he just has a fleet of spectres and used the crypt keepers crew to haul **** on the countless reaver invasions we have had in the past 3 months in the last 3 months i would say that i have spent a total of about 20 dollars coining repairs and renewing rogue crews to kill the reavers i have r5 mcx interdictors and have started r5 dreads and have retroed a few weapons to r5 so it seems perfectly feasible to do what he says he did. The fact that he did in fact achieve that is up to debate but it seems entirely possible to me. It is obvious to tell you are more than just a little upset about this update and you have a right to have your opinion but by saying something like that to a fellow player sharing his perspective just makes you sound like an angry level 50 with a weak grasp at what is and what isnt possible.

:)
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 2,311
    bort said:
    SunGod1 said:

I think its incredibly difficult ... but not impossible for a person to not coin and still have some solid fleets ... 

I also think it comes down to the mouse clicks ... and deciding what is and isnt worth using rep / uranium points on ... 

If the dude had said he had everything r5 ... and he had the best hulls ... blah blah blah ... then I would agree he is full of **** ... but the fact is he merely mentioned the things he felt were worth upgrading ... 

I say this because I got the same reaction from a dude that was 15 lvls above me when I said I could do 100 + salvs without getting hit ... ranging from 31 to 71 no elites ... 

Some peoples decision making is just better than others ... simple as that ... 

And my critics shut up once I showed them I could do a crazy amount of salvs damage free ...

So just to clarify ... 
    This is a hit and be hit game ... 
    Yet some hate it when their attacker gets ... hit ... by someone else ... after they have been hit ...

Amazing how those wanting to force some to play their way ... would in fact be up in arms if they were forced to play someone elses way ... 
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 2,311

this is a great thread minus ... sungods bashing ...

So just to clarify ... 
    This is a hit and be hit game ... 
    Yet some hate it when their attacker gets ... hit ... by someone else ... after they have been hit ...

Amazing how those wanting to force some to play their way ... would in fact be up in arms if they were forced to play someone elses way ... 
  • Admiral_Ackabar
    Admiral_Ackabar
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 5,543

So you say the boost is miniscule...but you want them to reduce the points required to fully upgrade.

Basically "This is worthless! Why is it so expensive? But I see worth! Lower the price!"

BP Alliance: - PNLS -  Dunno bout us? Well ask your Mom, she will fill ya in.

TOME:    -Harbinger Pampei-   Coming Soon.
  • EvilGeniusReborn
    EvilGeniusReborn
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 3,269

kixeyeuser_1356594713059_1728_1601561274 said:

What it boils down to is this, to speak openly about the subject. The new weapon retrofits are a way for high-level players to optimize certain types of weapon blueprints. 

Well I'm not sure what they mean by "high level".

I'm a 67 (nearly 68) - I have fully ranked D92 Nuclear Cruisers and R5 MCX etc etc

I pulled over 35 million in the last raid (doing Series A) and consider myself a reasonably good "driver" and could also do Reaver 70s.

I just got the ever-loving chit kicked out of me in a 62, an 18hour+ repair bill for about 3,000 uranium.

Now I love all the little extras and ranking everything to the nth degree - but no f**king way am I doing that again it's just pointless.

It wasn't a "challenge", it wasn't "fun", it was just like attacking a square base in the old days - seriously s*dding boring.

Same thing happened to me. Dredges are excessively overpowered. Not fun. Not doing them.

Kixeye. Killing the game, one upgrade at a time.

• drgnnr46
    drgnnr46
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 597

All the retro crap is bullshit anyways.  Okay so we get better stuff...then the dracs become tougher, then the bases we hit become tougher...then we get more retro or newer weps, then it gets retro, then the defense gets retro, then that, blah blah nothing really changed.  The weps and armor got tougher almost simultaneously with the other new ****.  You wanna make the leaderboards, spend the coin.  Now more than ever before coin counts vice any type of skill.  Skill began going out soon after thresher release and only gotten worse so far.  Every upgrade counters one of the new releases and they call it balancing.  If you don't coin one or the other you are either busted on base hits or you fail against the base hits you try.  If you chose to coin both then you rule til the next release.  

I get lucky sometimes and love keeping it real.
  • naenyc
    naenyc
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 199
    trojan66 said:

it has been stated by multiple moderators as well as robot that this was purely intended for the whales as a way to keep busy once they coin everything else, the expectation is that players focus all of their attention on completing all of the hull retrofits and then once nothing is left to do to then be frivolous with their rep and gain miniscule advantages that do not put much more than a few more decimal points on top of their already huge advantage over the typical player.  

If this was meant for whales, like a side room in Vegas, then why is their so much effort put forth in it.  Modifying resource indicators, modifying locators, event notifications up top: "the dredges are coming, the dredges are coming"

Really, if this is addressed to the the elite 5%, then it should be a discrete side show after they have upgraded features for the masses. Like some form of PvP.

100K, $60-$100 to upgrade strike missiles.

• Androm
    Androm
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 2,368

I'd have thought a 'whale' could get the job done without the extra .2% bonus (3% * 7.5%, per another post) on their special.

I'm certainly not going to bother with a 'bonus' for 50k repanium that equates to about a misclick by one pixel in a battle.

At least the hull retros looked like adding a sensible built-in bonus, a real 10%-25% on a feature, not 10% of 10%.

Even there I think R5 upgrades are costly for what they offer, but affordable, as long as rep keeps coming and is non-stealable.

Once they change their mind again about that, i'll just make do with what I've got/win.

And per bort, good on ya.

I've no objection to coin, but I like to point out to low-, mid- and high levels that no-coin-top-tier prizes is possible.

With a couple of decent hulls to complement your sw (darn, I mentioned them) a raid can be a fun, no-coin, top-tier event.

Works for me.

• bergmongo
    bergmongo
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 230
    to me this sounds like müüümüüümüüüü to me again

i make a couple of thousands uranium every week without a single coin, and without a real effort.

kill one reaver - over night repair= 3500 uranium, with the weekly missions i get 25000 rep a week wothout a single coin, only repairing over night, that means a special, a a weapon or an armor reft every two weeks. thats fine with me...you guys gotta learn that you dont need to refit everything but the stuff you need.  

i dont know exactly how much speed you get by upgrading the speed system to R5 but that is a refit i really wnt.

you all go nuts because something gets released but you cant get it all over night with no effort.

• ZombieWolfpack
    ZombieWolfpack
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 83
    Androm said:

I'd have thought a 'whale' could get the job done without the extra .2% bonus (3% * 7.5%, per another post) on their special.

I'm certainly not going to bother with a 'bonus' for 50k repanium that equates to about a misclick by one pixel in a battle.

At least the hull retros looked like adding a sensible built-in bonus, a real 10%-25% on a feature, not 10% of 10%.

Even there I think R5 upgrades are costly for what they offer, but affordable, as long as rep keeps coming and is non-stealable.

Once they change their mind again about that, i'll just make do with what I've got/win.

And per bort, good on ya.

I've no objection to coin, but I like to point out to low-, mid- and high levels that no-coin-top-tier prizes is possible.

With a couple of decent hulls to complement your sw (darn, I mentioned them) a raid can be a fun, no-coin, top-tier event.

Works for me.

Same here, got he Atlas and UAVs with SW, Cudas, Stings (No armor, 4 assaults and 3 thuds), and a mortar fleet :)

DJ Cat
  • andy_v
    andy_v
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 1,148

Well i was looking for a thread on this.

So, basically we are back to Kixeye math again.

I spend 1 day, plus 50,000 Uranium to get 3% increase to my compound armor that has 4% resistance to ballistic, missile and explosive.

Do i get 7% after the retro?  or do i get 4.12%?

Guess the original poster answered that question.  This, again is ridiculous.

If I had my thoughts I would say it is like anything else in the game with the kix math.  It is a percentage of what it does already.  So you would get 3% of the 4% so 4.12% total when upgrade