Hornet UAV question

• GorillaMask
    GorillaMask
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 371

It can be shot down all types of anti weapons including anti mortars.

Just thinking maybe the reason they listed it as penetrative weapon type is cause they meant it to get the reload bonus from MCX or Mercc type fleets maybe? I don't know Kix needs to do same clarification on it though

It only works on ships with UAV weapon slots.... It's a new type of weapon slot. Will not work on any other hull.....yet !

Anyone who bothered to actually read the whine fest from the OP could push a Volvo through the gaping holes in each argument.
  • neferphras
    neferphras
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 606

CM can we get an official FAQ on the HUV before the event.There are many questions.  Like, if its a penentrating weapon, does a missile x grant it its reload bonus. I can see questions going on for a while without an FAQ. 

• firefly844
    firefly844
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 954

That is not what the description says though GM in the description it is called a penetrative weapon no where on the description is it called a UAV weapon type. I do think this is some typo though that will be straightened out over the next couple of days cause some of the info is not meshing right

• GorillaMask
    GorillaMask
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 371

Yes firefly I know..... Best thing to do is "sticky" the UAV drone FAQ thread... Make it neat and perfectly clear ... I've only seen weresquirrel responding so far and she can only answer so many questions at once... There is like 5-6 threads going on this subject

Anyone who bothered to actually read the whine fest from the OP could push a Volvo through the gaping holes in each argument.
  • firefly844
    firefly844
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 954

Yeah I know hurry up and wait lol

• Get_Off_My_Boat_Now
    Get_Off_My_Boat_Now
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 479
    Here are the top questions that I have about the how the UAV works and how countermeasure weapons interact with the UAV.

1. Hellstorms, Hailstorms keep firing until the salvo is depleted or the mortar is destroyed.  How would this work with the UAV?

2. Phalanx only shoot 1 time per incoming missile.  How would this work against the UAV?

3. You have a fleet with 16 Hailstorms on 4 ships and a 5th ship with 6 Phalanx 3s and CM3.  Which weapon system takes precedence over the other if all 5 of your ships are perfectly stacked when engaging UAVs?  

4. I assume that when a UAV engages a ship and it is not shot down it will complete it's attack run and return to the Carrier to reload and then launch again.  What if a UAV is shot down in route?  Does the carrier immediately launch a replacement UAV, or is the replacement launched when the original UAV would have re-launched after reloading?

5. Please describe what exactly Swarm Duration is, I understand that it lasts for 3.2 seconds, but does that include flight time or only attack time?

6. The UAV has a attack range of 97.  Does UAV have to be directly over the target to attack it or does it circle around the target?  If the UAV circles around the target what is the range of the UAV weapon?  Is it possible for UAVs to engage a target that is beyond 97 range, if your UAVs just started engaging a ship that is moving away and moves beyond 97 range while the UAVs are swarming or enroute do they continue or do they recall? 
    Soon a new game will come and all of Kixeye's customers will leave in droves and they will wonder "What Went Wrong?"
  • grantbarkerevony
    grantbarkerevony
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 110

what about repair? will these guns need "repaired"? idk if this was asked, just ran my eyes through it

• gtlyons
    gtlyons
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 375
    Will the drones be able to be equipped on any boat or just the Atlas?

Prize Hulls owned: HHA, HHB, ScorpA, BBA, Levi A, Triton, Corvette, Destroyer, Destroyer X, Light Cruiser, BC, Battleship, Juggernaut, Interdictor, Mercury, FFA, LCX, Scorp A, Mauler, DreadX, Frigate, Rampart, SCX, Vindicator, Sawfish, Spectre, MCX, SFF
  • Get_Off_My_Boat_Now
    Get_Off_My_Boat_Now
    Skilled Warrior
    gtlyons said:
    Will the drones be able to be equipped on any boat or just the Atlas?

Read the thread before posting?  you will find your answer there.

Soon a new game will come and all of Kixeye's customers will leave in droves and they will wonder "What Went Wrong?"
  • Get_Off_My_Boat_Now
    Get_Off_My_Boat_Now
    Skilled Warrior

what about repair? will these guns need "repaired"? idk if this was asked, just ran my eyes through it

you must be blind then, re-read page 1

• grantbarkerevony
    grantbarkerevony
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 110

you must be blind then, re-read page 1

my blindness level --> 12

• john j. carver jr
    john j. carver jr
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 4

My biggest question is need a full list of what ship i can put hornet uav on

• unholy513
    unholy513
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 121

FF,SF, TRITON, ATLAS
     Level 53  warp speeding soon to a sector near you 
  • vorakk
    vorakk
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 4

from my experience when using these UAV's they go to the Center of the target and then they swarm before they swarm they are subject to all countermeasures when they swarm it cannot be shot down till the small animation of them swarming is over 

Then when they head back to the ship they can be shot at again this also helps the incoming UAVs go to their target as they're providing  cover

• john.wijfje.719
    john.wijfje.719
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1,428
    Here are the top questions that I have about the how the UAV works and how countermeasure weapons interact with the UAV.

1. Hellstorms, Hailstorms keep firing until the salvo is depleted or the mortar is destroyed.  How would this work with the UAV?

2. Phalanx only shoot 1 time per incoming missile.  How would this work against the UAV?

3. You have a fleet with 16 Hailstorms on 4 ships and a 5th ship with 6 Phalanx 3s and CM3.  Which weapon system takes precedence over the other if all 5 of your ships are perfectly stacked when engaging UAVs?  

4. I assume that when a UAV engages a ship and it is not shot down it will complete it's attack run and return to the Carrier to reload and then launch again.  What if a UAV is shot down in route?  Does the carrier immediately launch a replacement UAV, or is the replacement launched when the original UAV would have re-launched after reloading?

5. Please describe what exactly Swarm Duration is, I understand that it lasts for 3.2 seconds, but does that include flight time or only attack time?

6. The UAV has a attack range of 97.  Does UAV have to be directly over the target to attack it or does it circle around the target?  If the UAV circles around the target what is the range of the UAV weapon?  Is it possible for UAVs to engage a target that is beyond 97 range, if your UAVs just started engaging a ship that is moving away and moves beyond 97 range while the UAVs are swarming or enroute do they continue or do they recall? 

1) Anti's shoot down 1 uav at a time. If you have 8 anti';s on your ships and attacker launches 10 uav's, 2 get through,

2_ See above

3) They all fire to their max range. CM3 will allow the farthest range, other anti's will take down the uav's not shot down. But 1 uav per anti only!

4) Haven't seen one launch -in between-  cycles. So from what it looks like, a shot down uav gets replaced in the normal cycle time.

5) Swarm duration is the time that the uav circle's your fleet/ship. 

6) Uav's circle your fleet. If a uav is launched and the ship moves out of range, it will still engage it. Much like sfb3 and laser will allow missiles to hit if the other ships move away.

• Burnside
    Burnside
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,152
    unholy513 said:

FF,SF, TRITON, ATLAS

+ Lightening Carrier and the limited versions of these hulls, i.e. Harlock's Atlas and Triton, Nash's LC

• DeathAndDestruction44
    DeathAndDestruction44
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 886

So we have to destroy the Atlas then to stop them.

no because at the end of their swarm time they will try to fly back to the atlas to reload and be unable to, so they will no longer be active