new reavers!

LBW
LBW
Minor Nuisance
Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 113
edited 7 Mar 2014, 1:00AM
So i just watched a video of the new reavers and my question is why can't we test it as well, what do you need to do to test new stuff. Do i need to pay or something because i would like to take part in the testing as well. Can someone tell me how can you take part in it.?
  • CRIMSON_TIDE
    CRIMSON_TIDE
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 237

From my understanding you have to be invited via email. Was asked at the end of a survey if I would like to participate in testing and give feedback. I assume that means that if they want me their they will ask....

CRIMSON_TIDE  
    BP ID: 1742174 Level 72
    Past Sectors: 46, 56, 131, 206, 257, 368, 381, 391*, 373,  392, 397, 432, 463, 490
    Ships won: More than I can ever build..... 
    ROLL_TIDE !!!

• Max Last
    Max Last
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,254

From my understanding you have to be invited via email. Was asked at the end of a survey if I would like to participate in testing and give feedback. I assume that means that if they want me their they will ask....

This.  With certain very specific exceptions who might throw a **** fit and take their credit card and go home if they weren't invited (no names) it's not about coining, or begging, or anything.  Most of the testers for closed tests are picked completely at random.  Although I have a sneaking suspicion they do have a list of 'good christ that guy is annoying on the forums, don't ever invite him'.  Also pretty sure they keep track of who posts videos from the test servers and don't invite those people again.

Back to my exact same spot:  Tower west, sector 7. coords 3631,461
  • AVOCADO
    AVOCADO
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 66

LBW said:
    So i just watched a video of the new reavers and my question is why can't we test it as well, what do you need to do to test new stuff. Do i need to pay or something because i would like to take part in the testing as well. Can someone tell me how can you take part in it.?

Where can we watch the video? Can you post a link? Curious to see it. 

• Ice_DS
    Ice_DS
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 380

you have to be "selected" to test, however, Kixeye always fails to test the effect the amount of stress put on the servers....that is my opinion of why they always have glitches on day 1.....overstressed servers when thousands of ppl try to play all at once.

• The_Judge187
    The_Judge187
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 108

stop posting my video.. youtube was already contacted for copyright 

[CENTER][COLOR="#FFFF00"]
    LvL 75 The_Judge
    Ships Won: HHA, Sea Scorpion, Barracuda, Goliath, Destroyer, Light Cruiser, Battle Cruiser, Strike Cruiser, Interdictor, Dreadnought, Dreadnought X, Juggernaut
    YouTube Channel: [url]http://www.youtube.com/user/DKacz11?feature=guide[/url]
    Sectors Visited: 339,340,356,357,358,359,360,361,362,425,421,59,85,16,126,120... and more i cant remember :o
    Alliance: N.B.K.
    Fav Kixeye Qoute: "We are working on it"
    [COLOR="#FFFF00"][/COLOR][/COLOR][/CENTER]
  • LBW
    LBW
    Minor Nuisance

stop posting my video.. youtube was already contacted for copyright 

Iam not coping ur video mate its still ur video, iam just showing it here i didn't claim this is my video.

• The_Judge187
    The_Judge187
    Minor Nuisance

Putting BPoutpost.com on my video constitutes claim

LvL 75 The_Judge
    Ships Won: HHA, Sea Scorpion, Barracuda, Goliath, Destroyer, Light Cruiser, Battle Cruiser, Strike Cruiser, Interdictor, Dreadnought, Dreadnought X, Juggernaut
    Sectors Visited: 339,340,356,357,358,359,360,361,362,425,421,59,85,16,126,120... and more i cant remember :o
  • The_Judge187
    The_Judge187
    Minor Nuisance

and adding the video to your youtube channel also is claim..

LvL 75 The_Judge
  • LBW
    LBW
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 6 Mar 2014, 11:13PM

and adding the video to your youtube channel also is claim..

lol i dont even have youtube channel bro lol. and its on bpoutpost channel so you should have nothing to me.

• The_Judge187
    The_Judge187
    Minor Nuisance

no biggie youtube already has formal file

LvL 75 The_Judge
  • LBW
    LBW
    Minor Nuisance

no biggie youtube already has formal file

good to know bro.

• burninwolf
    burninwolf
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,652

Is this going to be the raid then? looks like it is design to combat anyone with NC's leaving behind anyone without em

Trogar said:
    So... Confirmed, a memorial, or generally any large gathering could cause problems, as the available resources on the server are finite.
  • LBW
    LBW
    Minor Nuisance

Is this going to be the raid then? looks like it is design to combat anyone with NC's leaving behind anyone without em

I don't think this will be the new raid, just the new way of getting rep points (Uranium) instead of old reavers.

• CaptConley
    CaptConley
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 835

BPOutpost is infamous for taking other people's stuff, putting their watermark on it then claiming it's theirs.

• phroxenphyre
    phroxenphyre
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 5,342
    Also, please don't post videos or screenshots from preview servers at all. Nothing on a preview server is considered final and everything is subject to change. I know everyone loves to see what the new features are right away but because Kixeye can't guarantee that anything seen in the preview is the way it will be when it gets released, there's a high probability of false or misleading rumours being spread and those really only hurt the community rather than help it.
    Out of retirement
  • dragon slayer 4503
    dragon slayer 4503
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 197

I wish i could join the test server, really want to test new things :)

• LORD DAEMONICUS
    LORD DAEMONICUS
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 254

BPOutpost is infamous for taking other people's stuff, putting their watermark on it then claiming it's theirs.

Sounds just like Marcus Licinius on the Battle Pirates page on facebook.  Wonder if he's part of bpoutpost as well?

• Orcus13
    Orcus13
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 299

Don't worry to much about test servers - they are as reliable of a feedback platform as kix's raid servers are a raid platform. 

Know of a good strategy game? PM me - looking for one...