WEAPON RANGES

Richard Engler
Richard Engler
Greenhorn
Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 8

Can anyone explain the logic,or scientific explanation ,of how and why a base or ship weapon would not be deadly the instant it leaves the muzzle? How can a projectile, or bolt of energy leave a weapon, and not be harmful until it reaches 3,000 feet? That's  like saying you have a rifle that will kill at 100 yards, but not right in front of the muzzle! That's ridiculous. Is there any scientific backing for why these weapons act this way? . Or is it just a way for kixeye to separate weapons into more upgrades and refits?

• Dayspring329
    Dayspring329
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 670

Answer me this, would you throw a hand genade 2 feet from you?  No because you'd get hurt. That and the simple fact that is a sci if game that uses range to create a sense of tactics with different properties. 

photo forumbanner-2.jpg
  • hunter.dann
    hunter.dann
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 14
    So stop complaining and play the game

• District Snyper
    District Snyper
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 4

Answer me this, would you throw a hand genade 2 feet from you?  No because you'd get hurt. That and the simple fact that is a sci if game that uses range to create a sense of tactics with different properties. 

I agree plus look up info on military grenade launchers if you can find it. Will show that projectile has to fly a certain distance before it will arm itself.

• l GAFM l
    l GAFM l
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 330

The targeting computers for projectiles have a minimum range to reduce the chance of ricochet and damaging itself...

Quote me
  • SteelSteve
    SteelSteve
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,684

agreed with get_away - also the explosive (hydra) take some time to arm after they launch as well so they don't explode in the hull. That would also be logical.

I NEED ZYNTHIUM!!!    UID 5439584
  • KIXEYE CM CarterGee
    KIXEYE CM CarterGee
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 2,329

Good answers guys! Agree completely.

- Carter
    Community Manager, Mobile Games
    VEGA Conflict, War Commander: Rogue Assault

Twitter: CarterGee / VEGAConflict
  • DreamCat
    DreamCat
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 2,966

Well VEGA corp apparently figured out how to do away with minimum range on their ships so there is a way. Somehow there is a way. The tech is there somewhere. Believe.

• the mastadon
    the mastadon
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 2,132

The LOLcat said:

Well VEGA corp apparently figured out how to do away with minimum range on their ships so there is a way. Somehow there is a way. The tech is there somewhere. Believe.

I'm sure they have (obviously) except that they mass produce said fleets and don't exactly care if the amount of dead fleets of the Vega Corporation has anything to say about it.

• Epic WAR
    Epic WAR
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 106

it makes sense to me but one thing dose not the vega can fire projectiles point blank range in there dreads but we can,t 

but im shore we will find a way of getting that weapons blue print :D

need siege 3 kixeye
  • DreamCat
    DreamCat
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 2,966

The LOLcat said:

I'm sure they have (obviously) except that they mass produce said fleets and don't exactly care if the amount of dead fleets of the Vega Corporation has anything to say about it.

I said believe.