my little pirate fleet

Jason_S907
Jason_S907
Potential Threat
Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 31

i need to know if kixeye will be changing the new fleet rule or punishing those of us who have found ways around it in sector. i have a lvl four fleet that holds 5.4 mil res. i combine that with a lvl 7 fleet as guard, now i have gone through sectors 1200,1400 stealing their res and they had no way to respond because of the diffrence in lvl. i stole over 20 mil res from ppl hunting vegas unapposed. my question is this, will kixeye ban me for this kind of behavior. i know it is unfair and what not but i think its very cool that i don't have to work for getting res. i don't even have to hit bases just sit by a bigger fleet hunting res, steal the res and nothing he can do about it unless he has a lvl 12 or lower fleet to stop me. please give me your thoughts because i've enticed my whole sector to this tactic and will find alot of ppl getting upset with us. just thought i'd ask kixeye about their thoughts before i get banned for something they created.

sincerly,

wolvenoutcast   solo player sector 1300.

• Todd7123
    Todd7123
    VC Mod
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 5,109

specs please 

I am a VC Forum Mod.

I don't work for KIXEYE. I'm a player just like you.

My  duties are to offer advice and keep the Forums Neat and Tidy.

Ask me and I will help if I can or point you in the right direction to one of the links below.

Helpful Links:  Site Rules / Report a Player / ToS / Ticket Status 
    Have a problem? KIXEYE Customer Service
    SEE YOU IN THE VOID REBELS!!!!!!!
  • CombatWolf
    CombatWolf
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 550

...****...what do you have, furies with ONLY cargo 5? its lazy, but now IM going to make a pirate fleet SOLELY to rob my enemies ;D

• EQUINOX 600
    EQUINOX 600
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 811

haha  interesting idea useful for stealing from people you don't like but also good for protecting your  own cargo fleets.  When my apoc is  finished i might pull everything of 1 of my  cargo venoms except the two lvl 5 cargo and see how it adds up that or i might try it on exo or rancs

Those ships are silly the people would need to be the size of ants to use them.
  • CombatWolf
    CombatWolf
    Skilled Warrior

haha  interesting idea useful for stealing from people you don't like but also good for protecting your  own cargo fleets.  When my apoc is  finished i might pull everything of 1 of my  cargo venoms except the two lvl 5 cargo and see how it adds up that or i might try it on exo or rancs

id use battleships, the 3 things they are known for is guns, mass capacity, and important in this discussion, largest cargo hold. and since fury is better than venoms, im sure one can carry vast quantities of cargo in a fury fleet with only lvl 5 cargo

• Davy Jones2000
    Davy Jones2000
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 332

I don't think you should be banned. It is a mechanics exploitation for sure, but there is a simple solution to that problem. Lock the res to the person that killed the cargo. Simple, elegant and also helpful. Most people after the introduction of BPs have forgotten what it is to gather resources. Basing has gone down, cargo opening for them is not an option. Kixeye should make resources tough to get and force players to play the game! You want resources? Go kill a base, go kill some vegas or if you like pirate action go kill the cargo fleets AFTER they collected the loot ;)

httpoi40tinypiccommboj2hjpg
  • Jason_S907
    Jason_S907
    Potential Threat

my build is six broads with cargo 5x2 and that is it comes to lvl 4 my guard fleet has to be lvl 9 or lower to protect it 

• Jason_S907
    Jason_S907
    Potential Threat
    Todd7123 said:

specs please 

the specs are posted but its six broads with cargo 5x2 it holds 5.4 million and so far nothing stops me from stealing res so be warned lol it works nicely until others catch on

• Jason_S907
    Jason_S907
    Potential Threat

the worst part of the whole thing i've had this broad set up for months and only this new update has made it a viable tactic 20mil res from two other sectors is nice lol once i get a better guard for it i will enjoy raiding other sectors solely for their cargos lol

• CombatWolf
    CombatWolf
    Skilled Warrior

regardless of if this will be fied or not, i like it & will make my own version of a pirate fleet

• zissist Fat Chickens
    zissist Fat Chickens
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 863

Lowest lvl 3 and lvl 1 pirate ship builds that are unstoppable are explained in this week's battle vortex http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QhevFK6Dy8&list=PLaqErC8zyEGGV3WFEglBrsbuQu1f_pfSp

Fat Chickens - VEGA Conflict: Level 47 - ID: 1151789 - Born out of the original wars in the 8000s.

• Hummingbird_1
    Hummingbird_1
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 52

Zissis, nice low level chicken run fleet you discussed , used it to success already. However I think that cm9s bring you up to level 35. I'm 34  with all cm8

• CombatWolf
    CombatWolf
    Skilled Warrior

made a thief-fleet, 6 venoms with only CH4 (soon to upgrade to CH5), currently is a lvl 10 fleet tat can pocket 2.7 million tons of cargo

• EQUINOX 600
    EQUINOX 600
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 811

made a thief-fleet, 6 venoms with only CH4 (soon to upgrade to CH5), currently is a lvl 10 fleet tat can pocket 2.7 million tons of cargo

I don't think the venoms are the way to go for now at least because the fleet level system for them is broken I made a post about it recently >>   https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/448647     In short tho each ship has a level of 1 when you place just two lvl 5 cargo on it but when you put 6 of these ships it becomes lvl 11 but use rancs with the same set up they are also lvl 1 per ship but put 6 in a fleet and the fleet lvl total is lvl3 

Those ships are silly the people would need to be the size of ants to use them.
  • CombatWolf
    CombatWolf
    Skilled Warrior

dont care, have to have tier 1 sips hit me to do anything & thats what im counting on

• Herald of Tzeentch
    Herald of Tzeentch
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,322
    edited 2 Mar 2014, 9:36PM

i have 6 gens with 2xcargo 5(on each) weapons no armor nor any shields, fleet level 3

Carebear Flu (C4B3 virus) symptoms : hot-flashes, tearing of the eyes, raw-throat, pain in the hands or fingers, sore knees, lower-back or buttock pain.

• john.kendrick.90
    john.kendrick.90
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 44

My cargo fleet has always been Gens, Fleet lvl is also 3 but I don't as yet have cargoV, still have to research it but I think I will just load up and be a pirate now.

Also - this is a great addition, cargo is plentyful anyway - why not add a pirate aspect to the game - you want to get me back? come and hit my base!

• CombatWolf
    CombatWolf
    Skilled Warrior

lol, thanks to the update im changing myself completely. obviously my fvf will be big fleets so i can kill enemies & hunt bp, but im going to be a base/cargo pirate now XD once i get the coin ill change my name to PirateWolf

• zissist Fat Chickens
    zissist Fat Chickens
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 863

Since I have let everyone know about the new sport called "vega ninja thieving" and explained the build for it, it has been the rage in every sector. Keep up the good work everyone! :)

Fat Chickens - VEGA Conflict: Level 47 - ID: 1151789 - Born out of the original wars in the 8000s.

• CombatWolf
    CombatWolf
    Skilled Warrior

pirate & proud! >:D

• Hydra Reborn
    Hydra Reborn
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 283

yea  i use 6 genesis with cargo5x2 myself  you can run in and steal ress from anyone and they can't do a thing about it  untill there smart enough to have some little lvl  5-6 fleets around to kill your ninja fleet. :P :P  but still  its fun  grab and run  grab and run  5+mil ress in a go :P :P