Good Arbiter/BC fleet for future Reaver missions?

impossibru
impossibru
Strike-force Captain
Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 737
edited 1 Mar 2014, 7:07PM

Hi

Just about got my life sorted and begin thinking about turning my rag tag fleet into something that could win better raids. I have built 3 fleets of LCX with GS2,Thud IV and Instant Repair and that has started to win me Tier 3 in the weeklies

So now thinking of monthlies, my LCX helped me get to 3m in Infernal Onslaught but was hard work, wanting to give Tier B a bash next time, so was thinking on a build with an Arbiter Engine Disrupter as a flagship, plus BC with Thuds and Chaingun, carefully matching Turn and speed for all the ships, with the new agility system to tackle Disruptor Ray Motherships.  My only worry is the lack of armour in the Arb due to having only D2T as Blueprint, what do you guys think?

http://bpoutpost.com/shipyard/?2Aomm8balfbcoooooozjbafbcoooooozjbafbcoooooozjbafbcoooooozjba

• Topper5
    Topper5
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,986

yeah, that fleet will work. You might even will have almost 'instant' repair when you recall the fleet after each 'wave'. I use a siege/assault cannon bcx fleet with an eng dis arb and they can prep a lot B-targets with less than 5 min  damage on each ship. But you will need a second fleet to hit the bigger ships with and can be repaired while you prep the next target.

• 2centsworth
    2centsworth
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 76

your arb can have no armor and be safe as long as u keep the speed 1 more than the rest of the fleet. u can go up to 2 or 3 but would have to click about an inch ahead and wait for the others to catch up (keeping all ships selected at the same time). if no armor, evade is ur friend on it. the thuds will work , also the assault cannons if u have them. preferable the Z if thats an option. i would not do siege cannons, as they seem to not work well on the reavers. plus the chainguns are not as good as going all assaults. yes more range but reload is not that great and u want to kill them as quick as u can with the arb in there. 

• 2centsworth
    2centsworth
    Potential Threat
    to add to that, u will want to move up to unlock a few reavers moving at a time then turn and run. kill them and do the same over till all is dead. u can use the bc's to kill the motherships.  but the arb will do no good. may take a few hits on some of the b's. 

• impossibru
    impossibru
    Strike-force Captain

Thank you. I was also thinking of mounting the Torrent Missile on the Arb in place of the Thud IV since it only just slightly behind the range of the Chaingun + CS3, although reload is slow might throw out some damage if the medium Reaver ships close in?

• LORD DAEMONICUS
    LORD DAEMONICUS
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 254

Hi

Just about got my life sorted and begin thinking about turning my rag tag fleet into something that could win better raids. I have built 3 fleets of LCX with GS2,Thud IV and Instant Repair and that has started to win me Tier 3 in the weeklies

So now thinking of monthlies, my LCX helped me get to 3m in Infernal Onslaught but was hard work, wanting to give Tier B a bash next time, so was thinking on a build with an Arbiter Engine Disrupter as a flagship, plus BC with Thuds and Chaingun, carefully matching Turn and speed for all the ships, with the new agility system to tackle Disruptor Ray Motherships.  My only worry is the lack of armour in the Arb due to having only D2T as Blueprint, what do you guys think?

http://bpoutpost.com/shipyard/?2Aomm8balfbcoooooozjbafbcoooooozjbafbcoooooozjbafbcoooooozjba

I really doubt you got 3 mil in the last event with LC-X's.  Since you don't have HB on the fleet, you'd be dead before you got a shot off as the reaver ranges are extreme and powerful.  Unless you ground out the raid hitting 21s and 22s, but even if you were to do that, there simply wouldn't be enough time in the event to pull of 3 mil, as you'd have to hit 23s-25s for the first 10 sets to get the bonus and the measly 1 mil pts.  Before you post something like this, make sure that you proof read what you write as there are many players I'm sure who would believe you, but there are players such as myself who have been around the game a long time that know you're making crap up.  If it's true, then provide a video of what you're saying.

• 2centsworth
    2centsworth
    Potential Threat

the missile would do fine, i have assault missile on mine atm (my raid arb), but dont really count on it to do anything. as the arb is just there to slow them down, but could work in ur favor to have it. 

• 2centsworth
    2centsworth
    Potential Threat

lord, maybe u should re read as he said he was hitting C level and planing to hit "B's" this raid. wow, lots of hateful players these days geez!

• LORD DAEMONICUS
    LORD DAEMONICUS
    Minor Nuisance

lord, maybe u should re read as he said he was hitting C level and planing to hit "B's" this raid. wow, lots of hateful players these days geez!

I did read that, and I know from doing it myself just how much of a drag the c's were.  With that shipbuild that he said he had and the little armor on a LC-X, regardless of evade, he'd get destroyed in the 24s and 25s before getting a shot off.  The only way he'd be able to do anything with that fleet is on 21s and 22s, however with the small amount of points given from those he'd have to hit the 23s-25s for the bonuses unless he sat there for 4 days straight hitting the 21s and 22s as I said which wouldn't surprise me but even then it's a long shot as I did that myself and the points were jack so I had to hit b's.  And I am not a hateful player by any means, I'm simply an old fashioned player who has seen a lot of bs and people trying to brag about themselves over the years when we know they're full of it.  This is why I said to provide a video if it's true, as we all know how difficult the reavers are, and any player worth his salt, so to speak knows the stats of the game and the probability of survival which is why I commented in the first place.

• 2centsworth
    2centsworth
    Potential Threat

if u re read it he said and i quote "the lcx HELPED him" therefore u assume he "ONLY" used it. which tells me u are a butthurt pirate about something!!!

• Trogar
    Trogar
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 13,085

That set up looks pretty good. I would swap Speed System or Strike System for the eng if you have it. 

• Benjamin Becker
    Benjamin Becker
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,436

strategy discussion

Raid Hulls:
    Corvette, Destroyer, and a few others...
  • impossibru
    impossibru
    Strike-force Captain

I did read that, and I know from doing it myself just how much of a drag the c's were.  With that shipbuild that he said he had and the little armor on a LC-X, regardless of evade, he'd get destroyed in the 24s and 25s before getting a shot off.  The only way he'd be able to do anything with that fleet is on 21s and 22s, however with the small amount of points given from those he'd have to hit the 23s-25s for the bonuses unless he sat there for 4 days straight hitting the 21s and 22s as I said which wouldn't surprise me but even then it's a long shot as I did that myself and the points were jack so I had to hit b's.  And I am not a hateful player by any means, I'm simply an old fashioned player who has seen a lot of bs and people trying to brag about themselves over the years when we know they're full of it.  This is why I said to provide a video if it's true, as we all know how difficult the reavers are, and any player worth his salt, so to speak knows the stats of the game and the probability of survival which is why I commented in the first place.

@Lord Daemonicus

I apologise I misled you and some BP Community about solely using LCX to achieve, as 2centworth rightfully pointed out LCXs helped me achieve 3m (a lot of people under estimate the LCX and pass it by) I did spend a considerable amount of time grinding through 24 and 25s after the bonus ran out, did not make a video but made a list of ships I used to help on each set:

21 - 2 x  LCX fleets

22 - 1 x  LCX fleet

23 - 2 x  LCX fleets, 1 x BC fleet 

24 - 2 x LCX fleets, 1x  Arb (3 Drones)

25 - 1 LCX fleets, 1 x Battle Barge Fleet ( 2 x Chaingun in fleet)

Well I also do not brag or lie and come here to learn, whether you believe me or not it's up to your old timer judgement, so I will value any constructive viewpoint you may have.

• impossibru
    impossibru
    Strike-force Captain

Also, understood that HB has the range, but Guidance Scrambler is very useful when the Reavers fire chainguns at you up close.

• Neiloo83
    Neiloo83
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 408
    edited 1 Mar 2014, 11:46PM

This is a fleet I used with an ED2 Arby  last month in the raid, fast build, instant repair, it can do C25 for instant repair, I have better fleets but this ended up being my "Go To" fleet, great for prep on the B Tier also, http://bpoutpost.com/shipyard/?2Zb8bcbcbcbbRRRJL9ZZZ Don't get me wrong, I love Thuds, but when you get Chainguns with the range of HB3 and the faster load of R5 plus rank reload, they are  quite formidable. 

Go without armor mate imo, build 2 fleets, without the Arb, instant rep when full of res in the weekly to auto 27's .

Almost forgot, you can drain PDrones  in a base until your heart's content for zero damage with 4 of these and the ED Arb :)

It's not about having the best of everything, but making the best of everything you have.

The Kixeye "A" team troubleshooting the latest glitch.
  • impossibru
    impossibru
    Strike-force Captain
    Neiloo83 said:

This is a fleet I used with an ED2 Arby  last month in the raid, fast build, instant repair, it can do C25 for instant repair, I have better fleets but this ended up being my "Go To" fleet, great for prep on the B Tier also, http://bpoutpost.com/shipyard/?2Zb8bcbcbcbbRRRJL9ZZZ Don't get me wrong, I love Thuds, but when you get Chainguns with the range of HB3 and the faster load of R5 plus rank reload, they are  quite formidable. 

Go without armor mate imo, build 2 fleets, without the Arb, instant rep when full of res in the weekly to auto 27's .

Almost forgot, you can drain PDrones  in a base until your heart's content for zero damage with 4 of these and the ED Arb :)

Good point about the Arb + BC to prep Drone bases, I think these BCs once built will be very versatile, It will also be interesting to see how well The Agility System performs in the next Raid 

• LORD DAEMONICUS
    LORD DAEMONICUS
    Minor Nuisance

@Lord Daemonicus

I apologise I misled you and some BP Community about solely using LCX to achieve, as 2centworth rightfully pointed out LCXs helped me achieve 3m (a lot of people under estimate the LCX and pass it by) I did spend a considerable amount of time grinding through 24 and 25s after the bonus ran out, did not make a video but made a list of ships I used to help on each set:

21 - 2 x  LCX fleets

22 - 1 x  LCX fleet

23 - 2 x  LCX fleets, 1 x BC fleet 

24 - 2 x LCX fleets, 1x  Arb (3 Drones)

25 - 1 LCX fleets, 1 x Battle Barge Fleet ( 2 x Chaingun in fleet)

Well I also do not brag or lie and come here to learn, whether you believe me or not it's up to your old timer judgement, so I will value any constructive viewpoint you may have.

That explains a lot right there.  It was a miscommunication on the fact that not just the fleet of LCX's were used as I implied they were from your post.  No harm done.

• Neiloo83
    Neiloo83
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 408
    Sorry I posted BCX build here, I have had a drink or 2 lol, but BC's will work just as well, if I were you I would not slot the agility system, use GS3, and team the arby with them for raids, that way you can build your fleet to hit Reavers and pull the Arb out for a 5th BC in the weekly missions and have the best of both worlds. Good luck what ever you decide .

It's not about having the best of everything, but making the best of everything you have.

The Kixeye "A" team troubleshooting the latest glitch.
  • Nelson Nunes
    Nelson Nunes
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 820

the only thing i have to say is that i bet on next raid if reavers got d92u on them i hope they arent on tier b because if they are they will only be doable by those like me who got d92U last raid

• earthpig
    earthpig
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 1,154

Hi,

I won the nuclear cruiser this last raid without coining. I used a BCX/Arbi fleet for about 90% of the work, sending other fleets in to finish the big ships. I went with Torp B, but ballistic could work as well.

Advice? Take the armor off of your BCX, and build two arbiters. 

* BCX will repair in 44 seconds each during raid.

* While one Arbi is out fighting, the other is in the base repairing.

Do that, and if future raids are like the last two then you can get t5 without coining like me. :)

• earthpig
    earthpig
    Incursion Leader

Here, I made a picture. :)

• impossibru
    impossibru
    Strike-force Captain
    earthpig said:

That's good to know, That prize is like having the Death Star Super Laser ! Are you using a Unstable Core for your Arb? Could I substitute that with Eng3?

• cupidstunt
    cupidstunt
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 306
    Who thinks then that now we get a winning strat with arbs slowing down the reavers so our fleets can pound them...  those reavers will come back at us with the weekly prize resonance battery.  you know we slow them, then get faster and hurt us more! LOL

Not adding much here.

Won some hulls

Visited a few sectors

Sector 249 is my home
  • Benjamin Becker
    Benjamin Becker
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,436

Hi

i just played around a bit with your build

http://bpoutpost.com/shipyard/?2A0ooaDbamfbcoooooozjbafbcoooooozjbafbcoooooozjbafbcoooooozjba#a

ED3 should be researched before you finish the fleet. i just choosed it, for a better combat speed.

but anyways, this fleet will probably not be finished before next raid. and in april, im afraid, there Might be some new kind of raid.

"Q: Out of four possible timelines, which would Robot think would be more likely? Forsaken ally with the Dracs and fight the Reavers, Reavers wipe out Forsaken and Dracs fight the Reavers, Dracs revive their military might and fight both the Reavers and Forsaken, leading to a massive final battle, or the Forsaken fight the Reavers on their own and wipe out the Dracs after?

Robot: I can’t confirm anything lore wise, but I’ll say this. We have something VERY special planned for April for all you lore fanatics out there.

Q: Who is the leader of the Reavers?

Robot: ME! (But don’t tell anyone) No, kidding. It is a super top secret though. You lore fans will get more information in April."

https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/447952/p1
    Raid Hulls:
    Corvette, Destroyer, and a few others...
  • impossibru
    impossibru
    Strike-force Captain

That is quite exciting! Although I'm hoping my BC will stay useful for a while, Arbs + Eng can double as base defence. I'm a newish player so newer got the chance to play with the older style raids too, so April will be a nice change to look forward to, would like to have more Hull rewards, missed that in the December Raid...
  • crazyjr
    crazyjr
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,245

the only thing i have to say is that i bet on next raid if reavers got d92u on them i hope they arent on tier b because if they are they will only be doable by those like me who got d92U last raid

Evade is your best friend against the D92u, without the shockwave, they are nothing but an assault weapon, and tickle

• Nelson Nunes
    Nelson Nunes
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 820

even with high evade a full fleet with d92u if it has 20+ weapons will still land shockwaves

• earthpig
    earthpig
    Incursion Leader
    earthpig said:

That's good to know, That prize is like having the Death Star Super Laser ! Are you using a Unstable Core for your Arb? Could I substitute that with Eng3?

Use whatever will make your arbi's combat and turn speed as close to the same as the rest of the fleet as possible. :)

But it was kind of fun having unstable core on the arbi. Kamikazi charges are a blast. 

• impossibru
    impossibru
    Strike-force Captain

Hi all thanks for your help and just give you an update, raid is approaching really fast so ended up for now with this build from various feedback in this thread:

http://bpoutpost.com/shipyard/?8Abhmm8a9lcjooobcRRRja9zcjooobcRRRja9zcjooobcRRRja9zcjooobcRRRja9z

No armour for quick repair during raid, but D2T on the Arb to match the turning speed of the BC (now fully ranked and quite fun with the Chainguns)

The only thing I'm not sure about is Agility System 2, I have won AS3 but over 2 days to retrofit, now thinking whether to retrofit GS3 instead to get to 50% evade (at the moment with AG2 + BC has 30% evade)

Choose the Torrent Missiles on the Arb (with Strike System 2 it almost matches range of my BC's Chainguns with CS3

Well hope this wins me whatever weird and wonderful hulls Kixeye will come up with, and good luck to all! 

• earthpig
    earthpig
    Incursion Leader

If this raid is anything like previous ones, you should do well with that fleet. I take it you will refit over time to have more chainguns? 

• impossibru
    impossibru
    Strike-force Captain

Yes, will have at least 2 if not more, very good damage and with reload boost they are mentally fun to use!