how can two half dead dreadnaughts take out a level 60 base?

Jimpy Gimpy
Jimpy Gimpy
Minor Nuisance
Joined Jan 2011 Posts: 203

ok first off I am not crying about being hit, personally I don't really care about being hit, I just find it disturbing that my base was attacked, when watching the replay, I seen the attacker, hit my base with just two half dead dreadnaught X's and was still able to level my base without losing even one ship. there is something really odd about that. I am a level 60 player, the attacking fleet was a level 37 fleet and as said half dead and still can get through my defenses without losing a single one of the two ships?

I will say that sure my base is not some super bad boy base, with all the latest weapons, but never the less, it should be able to repel a attack of two half dead dreadnaught X's.

and as said I am not complaing or whining about being attacked, it is part of the game, but it is disturbing that my base can be taken out so easy. kind of takes the fun out of the game, and really kind of shows that if someone doesn't want to spend a lot of money in coining, then one is not gonna be able to stand a chance in this game...just saying

• Lucky Luke
    Lucky Luke
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 8,422

we need to see a pic of ur base.

• NM_Bgood
    NM_Bgood
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 520

it depends on how they are built. There are a few nasty 2 boat dread builds out there that can smash bases. If there are built for the sytle of base you have they will hurt your base if not break it.

This game is meant to keep you playing over a long time period. You will not get all the toys right away. 

• Jimpy Gimpy
    Jimpy Gimpy
    Minor Nuisance

ok there is my base, and like i said it isn't some super bad boy set up, but still, if it can't defend against two half dead dreadnaught x's, well then the dreadnaught is just too over powered, and yeah i am sure there are alot of really good builds out there, but still, I couldn't even destroy even one ship when it is already half dead? and once again, i am not crying about being attacked, for it don't really bother me, just kind of as said disturbing that my base does so badly against just two ships.

• Benjamin Becker
    Benjamin Becker
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,436

as NM said, some dreadnaught fleets are made of 2 ships only. they can be really strong. your base was not strong enough to deal 50% damage to his fleet. thats all.

Raid Hulls:
    Corvette, Destroyer, and a few others...
  • Jimpy Gimpy
    Jimpy Gimpy
    Minor Nuisance

as NM said, some dreadnaught fleets are made of 2 ships only. they can be really strong. your base was not strong enough to deal 50% damage to his fleet. thats all.

and as I am saying if just two dreadnaught x's can be built to take out a base, without even receiving 50% damage, then the dreadnaught is just too over powered, and I feel, it just makes one think why even bother, if one's base can be taken out so easily.

• kaine189
    kaine189
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 204

I have a two ship dnx fleet that wouldn't take maybe 10% damage from your base. Simply that fleet is perfectly designed to destroy a base like that so would take minimal damage. And if you think dnx's are OP'd then wait till NC's come along and hit you. You need some serious base work to help out and first and foremost against dnx's get level 6 walls asap

Also start a thread in strategy's forum to get base advice 

Be whatever you want to be in life... unless you can be a pirate in which case BE A PIRATE ARRRRRR

• Uvas
    Uvas
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 460
    edited 21 Feb 2014, 9:44AM

looks like a fleet with high explosive resist with hails and high splash damage could pretty much walk through your base. Try upgrading your walls between turrets to minimize the splash damage.  And try for a prize turret next time one is available in the next monthly raid.

• jono.chisholm
    jono.chisholm
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 537
    edited 21 Feb 2014, 9:46AM

i hate to be brutally blunt.. but your base is well below standard for a 60. Adding to that, its particularily culnerable to 2/3 ship DNX as they have Siege mortars which deal damage in a high splash radius- and your defences are all grouped with no lv6 walls. DNX are not even close to being overpowered anymore, The new ships(NC and hellstrike) are. Im a 62 and DNX havent made the first turn for months.. 

• Jimpy Gimpy
    Jimpy Gimpy
    Minor Nuisance

yes i am slowly upgrading my walls, i work alot so don't have alot of time. as far as getting a good turret when one is availble during a monthly event, hell i gave up on trying to get one of the top prizes along time ago, takes way too much coining to even get close. and i guess that is what i am finding so disturbing, because as much as i may enjoy the game, i am not and can not spend the kind of money it seems kixeye wants us to spend to keep up with the modern weapontry needed to compete in the game. my base gets wiped out all the time, and never really bothers me, there is always the repair button, and the res is always replacable. just kind of kills one's motivation to see how easily one's base can be wiped out. and knowing it only going to get worse.

• Jason_T
    Jason_T
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 156

You can stop most fleets with vm now as the majority of fleets are set up for missile/ballistic bases. Like they said before your walls need doing desperately. Go to bpoutpost site for some base ideas to get you started. They are not the best bases in game but better than what you have

• Rura_Penthe
    Rura_Penthe
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 395
    don't have to spend all the time.... I was 59 last Dec... used a bs thud fleet, disruptor arb and cudas to get my self Hells, Mcx, Scx, goli and specs... didn't coin more than $2.50. The year before spent $60 on same raid to get BS.... best investment I ever made on raid... luckily for me kix handed this Dec raid on a platter... now, buildtimes notwithstanding I have tools to be competitive... although with time value of those tools will diminish... for now, I no longer have to coin to get to T5... my point - pick a raid to win T5... either spend money doing it or hire someone to prep... make one good investment which might buy you a year's worth of play time... you won't be top dog... but you will be better than where u r now...
  • Arma-Get-It-On
    Arma-Get-It-On
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 4,418

Splash from 6-8 Siege mort B's will wipe almost all of your turrets out in a few volleys. You need a different setup where you're not as vulnerable to splash damage. Having the Goliath where it is is also a big no-no, target it with Siege morts and the turrets behind it will go down aswell. 

Ditch the Sents for more VM4s with SL3, go for a concentrated fire design IMO that's the best way to get the most out of your VMs.

• Jason_T
    Jason_T
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 156

Exactly what I did when I was lvl53 I think. I chucked some money at the Christmas raid in 2012 and won the DNX which set me up

• XxCAMZxX
    XxCAMZxX
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 809
    edited 21 Feb 2014, 10:39AM

i can kill that base with my old strike cruiser with shock and siege mort....find anohter good design base lol

• Burnside
    Burnside
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,152

Lvl60 with lvl4 walls and turrets all grouped together, I think that answers your question. A siege B fleet will have wiped out all your turrets before the 1st corner.

• pixelated
    pixelated
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 915

really kind of shows that if someone doesn't want to spend a lot of money in coining, then one is not gonna be able to stand a chance in this game...just saying

You are suggesting you must be a coiner to stop a hull that's been in the game for like 2 years now. That is simply absurd.

I know its a 'pirate' game, these updates always come up with new ways to try to rob me.
  • Cheesy_Shark_Tongue
    Cheesy_Shark_Tongue
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,914

Your base is a mortar ship dream.  Especially siege morts.  I am pretty sure any fleet with 5-6 or more siege morts would crush you bad.

Quit Spring 2015 or so, returned Jan 2019.  
    QUOTE by John Stribling. - Who needs Jerry Springer, when u have forums. LMAO
  • Trogar
    Trogar
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 13,085

Your base is really bad... Sorry. At level 60 you should have the crucial walls in ur defense level 6. Your fleet placement is easily prepped out, and doesn't offer any real deterrent from a hit. Check out BPOutpost.com, they have a good selection of bases posted by BP players if you are stumped for better designs. Sents, even Sent5 is for sub 40 players. 7-8 VM's with mix of SL2/3, and 6-7 cerbs until you can get Disruptor/Jav. If you have the Meteor Mort from the FM, toss it on a couple turrets, they work fairly well. At level 60, and obviously an extremely casual player, you are gonna have to accept your base being pounded by more and more people, with this same tech... Of course you can turn it around, start with a new design.

XxCAMZxX said:

i can kill that base with my old strike cruiser with shock and siege mort....find anohter good design base lol

I still kill bases regularly with SC morts... This base would be insta repair.

• Tarl_D
    Tarl_D
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 23

Sorry, 2 DNX at 50% can still level a lot of bases.  Hec,  I've seen 1 DNX wipe out bases if prepped right and driven right.  It happens.  You can always improve your base.  DNX, MCX, HS and now NC are all fantastic base hitters and unless the base is property set up they will be flattened.
  • John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,343

I have a 2 ship DNX with 5 B on ea ship full D4c armor and CM3 triton fits in fleet it would take next to 0 damage on the base layout you posted turrets way too close together

BadMoFo RYFG TTMX Level 117
  • Pride001
    Pride001
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 1,317
    ask some of your friends / alliance members etc. .. there is a much better placement for your base defending fleet .. that ONE issue alone , could probably have finished off 1 ship if not both ! (depending on your base defending fleet build of course ) .. but current placement of most of the ships in your base to defend really need to be placed elsewhere dude ... that is a major issue right now in the current base design you are using !
  • Hellfire.114
    Hellfire.114
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 32

Yep.  the way your turrets are placed with only 1 wall and barely any level 5, much less level 6...B mort splash takes it out easy.  

• Hellfire.114
    Hellfire.114
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 32

puting the goli right there just asks for it to be sunk.  using cudas that are easily prepped same.

• hitman
    hitman
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,987

looking at your base design he probably had siege b and let the splash kill you - your turrets are too close together - you need 3 walls between each turret and ideally the highest level walls

Blackwater pirate, started in sec 95, been pretty much everywhere since then
  • TONGUE-PUNCHING
    TONGUE-PUNCHING
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 222

the answer to this is easy,, ur base must be incredibly ****  :D

• redrico
    redrico
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 425

yea your base sucks... splash damage alone will take out all your turrets... you need to upgrade your walls also

• Toruk
    Toruk
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 2,824

please tell me where your base is its a farm.

im supprised you got 50% of someones dnx **** mine would take half that

• Jimpy Gimpy
    Jimpy Gimpy
    Minor Nuisance

yeah ok i get it, my base sucks even more then i thought it did, and yes i am a pretty casual player.

so i took some advise here, went to bpoutpost and used on of the designs as a starting point for my layout, here it is, lets see if it works a bit better, and i still have to upgrade me walls.

• Trogar
    Trogar
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 13,085
    edited 21 Feb 2014, 10:36PM

@Toruk, the fleet was half dead on the hit to start with...

Not bad choice, ur OP is snipable though, move those walls and move it to the left, should be good. You also want ALL ur VM's firing at the same time, forcing the attacker to keep moving in or out... Your Patrol, for now should focus on the same kill zone.
  • Gordon Gregg
    Gordon Gregg
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 4
    Trogar said:

@Toruk, the fleet was half dead on the hit to start with...

Not bad choice, ur OP is snipable though, move those walls and move it to the left, should be good. You also want ALL ur VM's firing at the same time, forcing the attacker to keep moving in or out... Your Patrol, for now should focus on the same kill zone.

How can you have all the VM's firing at the same time AND have them separated by walls ? Some will be out of range.