Game is F***ed!

Mudekai
Mudekai
Minor Nuisance
Joined May 2012 Posts: 296
Ok so I have done everything possible to play but game is glitching and freezing no matter which browser I use whether through Facebook or through Kixeyes site. If I stay in my base no problems, but as soon as I try to launch a fleet, view map, pretty much anything that will require loading the game gets hung up and I have to refresh the game. Ive already lost 3 fleets to game doing this. Im sure I am not the only one, I am just sick of having to change from one browser to next to be able to play even somewhat. This is a **** way to let your customers be in to use your product. Instead of adding more stuff or events or anything why doesnt Kixeye actually fix this stuff first, kinda hard to use new stuff if you cant even get in the game in the first place.

Anyone else having these kinds of problems?

• NM_Bgood
    NM_Bgood
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 520
    No issues here, maybe run a malware/virus scan....do an upgrade add some memory etc....

This game is meant to keep you playing over a long time period. You will not get all the toys right away. 

• Mudekai
    Mudekai
    Minor Nuisance

I have tons of memory thats not the issue, my pc runs malware/virus scans twice daily, I never had issues until recently with the whole flash player issue thats come about.

• makowere
    makowere
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 429

I switched to Torch, problem solved for me.

Sharing Love and Joy since November 2013
  • pikhoved
    pikhoved
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 370

Clear out your adobe flash cache http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html and make sure you dont have the problem with the chrome/adobe issue.

They call me Mo.
    BP Player ID: 84823     Name:  Pikhoved                  

• Mudekai
    Mudekai
    Minor Nuisance

I tried Torch same issues, I disabled the new flash 12.0 went back to previous worked fine til few days ago and has gotten worse progressively til today.

• Ryan_W5466
    Ryan_W5466
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 8

i have the same issues periodically, i thought it had to do with the flash player so i reinstalled, still the same crap, i use firefox myself

• snacht
    snacht
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 65

There is definitely a problem with the game, right now.

• Mudekai
    Mudekai
    Minor Nuisance

ie doesnt work, firefox comms dont work, chrome was fine til today game freezes a lot, tried torch same as chrome. apparently its only when i use full screen have been playing for 15 mins no issues but without using full screen.

• Pride001
    Pride001
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 1,317

no problems for me today , no lag , no glitching ... been autoing salvages for sector mates for hours now while scanning the forums

• Crash_QMA
    Crash_QMA
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 1,649

I have to disable Flashplayer 12 each time I clear out cache so once a day at min, seems to help with some of the issues, but not perfect.

• Capt_Pimpin_HH
    Capt_Pimpin_HH
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 1,552

http://torchbrowser.com/ try this browser i'm getting no lag no glitch's with this 1 and comms work great to 

• Pride001
    Pride001
    Incursion Leader

oh yeah , I am using the Torch browser too

• Pride001
    Pride001
    Incursion Leader

but only issue I am having with internet explorer and google chrome is not being able to use comms in full screen , so it may be your ISP having the issues

• BluebeardTheGreat
    BluebeardTheGreat
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 29

i had a lot of issues similar to yours and it turned out my router had reached near the end of it's life. Replaced router and no issues.  check your internet speed .that may be the issue

• Mudekai
    Mudekai
    Minor Nuisance

Internet speed is fine its over what im actually paying for, I have Verizon Fios. 

• Pride001
    Pride001
    Incursion Leader

I just jumped out and did a lvl 65 elite real quick , since lvl 50+ elites is all that give me rep as far as cargo fleets .. and it gave me the rep points for it !

• Lord_Pantygrabber
    Lord_Pantygrabber
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 1,573

if the game works fine for the majority of players, but you have problems..... Where does the issue exist?

• TheComms
    TheComms
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 302
    Mudekai said:
    Ok so I have done everything possible to play but game is glitching and freezing no matter which browser I use whether through Facebook or through Kixeyes site. If I stay in my base no problems, but as soon as I try to launch a fleet, view map, pretty much anything that will require loading the game gets hung up and I have to refresh the game. Ive already lost 3 fleets to game doing this. Im sure I am not the only one, I am just sick of having to change from one browser to next to be able to play even somewhat. This is a **** way to let your customers be in to use your product. Instead of adding more stuff or events or anything why doesnt Kixeye actually fix this stuff first, kinda hard to use new stuff if you cant even get in the game in the first place.

I just posted a similiar post, FCK THEM, I like the game, but this is a game with real-time action, they need to address this issue!

Hulls: I have so many hulls.
  • Unkle_Ruckus
    Unkle_Ruckus
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 35

torch worked for a few days but **** seriously ever since the last 2 days of raid it's been ridiculous fix the god **** thing already

• Mudekai
    Mudekai
    Minor Nuisance

if the game works fine for the majority of players, but you have problems..... Where does the issue exist?

well in my sector everyone is having issues but they just deal with it and keep playing, and you really cant say majority as Im sure there are a lot more that are having issues other then those of us who actually use the forums.

• Fractal
    Fractal
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 2,425

Yes, I was having very similar problems for the last few days.

I discovered that in the background, Java was downloading an update; using bandwidth, and processor resources. I also discovered that when windows or my antivirus downloads updates, my game performance really suffers too.

Also, Flash recently updated to version 12, that messed up my comms, and game was performing very poorly.

What I did, was ensure there are no background processed running, hogging resources. I also went on the adobe site and found instructions on how to do a clean install of Flash.  I went back to version 11.9  I also double checked to make sure that pepperflash was disabled in Chrome.

Now my game runs perfectly. 

Playing since Feb 2012.  Originally sector 304
  • Orcus13
    Orcus13
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 299

I actually went back to the pepperflash in chrome - said F it to typing in full screen

Know of a good strategy game? PM me - looking for one...
  • Capt_Pimpin_HH
    Capt_Pimpin_HH
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 1,552
    have you got a new laptop or computer, if so did you get 1 with 4GB off ram  
    Mudekai said:

• Mudekai
    Mudekai
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 1 Feb 2014, 7:19PM
    I play on either my desk pc or my tv pc both have 16gb of ram, both have quad core cpus above 2800mhz

edit: as a side note as long as I havent used fullscreen i have been playing with no issues only seems to happen when i use fullscreen
  • Daregon Delord
    Daregon Delord
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 686
    I have played this game on a few different computer, I had this problem with one. I put the adobe 13 on my flash drive and just kept installing it. Also, I found sometimes restarting the computer or even just the browser worked. I have a computer now that almost runs it perfectly, internet helps but that doesn't seem to matter much. I just might have to reload sooner then normal with slower internet. That is about all I know on the issue, I don't know if anyone stated this, I didn't bother to read every reply.

Fighting among ourselves only helps the Draconian Empire stand back up, stronger than ever. They might be weakened now, but it is naive to underestimate them.
  • Hitman007
    Hitman007
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 8,990

Sorry this thread has been taken off topic

however, there is not much we can help you with this issue on forums, please send in a ticket and CS can help you.

Sorry closing.

Report hackers and any other problems you may have by sending in a Ticket

If a MOD or a CM remove/close/edit/delete a thread or a post, there's a reason for it. Re-posting the same post/thread is a violation of forum rules

BP Glossary, Everything you need to know about BP Everything you should need to know about Battle Pirates
This discussion has been closed.