Meteor Mortar

• Max Last
    Max Last
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,254

Man.   If only we had a 13 page discussion about it still on the first page.  I bet there'd be all kinds of opinions and statements in it.

Back to my exact same spot:  Tower west, sector 7. coords 3631,461
  • PirateKing-no1
    PirateKing-no1
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 2,224

anyone got a comparison vid to go along side the old one against the sw just to get a real look at new dmg compared to before

• Rackham_E
    Rackham_E
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 194

There is  real decrease in damage, I wonder where is Robot now....... Is this the "fix" you were talking about?

• EvilGeniusReborn
    EvilGeniusReborn
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 3,269

The nerf was the fix. lol.
    So imagine we didn't have the previous spec.... is it any good now?
    I'd say no. Building one to test but will probably change to halo or Jav. I mean it has as long a reload as halo or jav yet 1/2 to 1/4 of the damage. Not impressed.

Kixeye. Killing the game, one upgrade at a time.

• crazyjr
    crazyjr
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,245

considering when it had the 3k damage it was bugged and wasnt actually doing that on impact anyway only the radiation damage its actually gained 1000 damage if you look at another way.

that's the spin robot pulled, sorry not buying it

• Nuno Serdoura Dos Santos
    Nuno Serdoura Dos Santos
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 281

Merging....

Nuno-WK
    Sectors 71 (home), 182, 183, 72, 409, 229, 217, 71, 182,183, 70, 381, 182, 24, 428, 327, 116 (and so on...) Cuda, Goliath (Benemoth), Italian Shoe, Dic (they robbed my wallet and i was watching), Jugg, Dread X, Triton, and a couple more, owner
    "These build times are out of control.
    I can build a real live house in the time it takes to build a SC siege fleet." - by Clare Mills
    Lvl 71
  • Terry_S448
    Terry_S448
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 229

Before the nerf my base was able to handle Dnx and Mcx. After the nerf it's a joke! I asked Kix to change them back to what they were and they did so. Wasted time and res but that's nothing new here. They want the attacker to have the advantage. O well off to Reaver Halo's now. Can't wait

• crazyjr
    crazyjr
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,245

I think we will get meteor morts 3 in the raid for T3/T4 and they will have the similar spec as original MM1.

in other words, we get to bust **** again, for the exact same piece we already had. oh goody

• ep1533
    ep1533
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 53

Before the nerf my base was able to handle Dnx and Mcx. After the nerf it's a joke! I asked Kix to change them back to what they were and they did so. Wasted time and res but that's nothing new here. They want the attacker to have the advantage. O well off to Reaver Halo's now. Can't wait

They were doing zero damage before, so I'm going to go ahead and call BS on this one.  

• SunGod1
    SunGod1
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 2,103

How you like me now?

"The contents of this post are working as intended."
  • Terry_S448
    Terry_S448
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 229
    Zero damage I'll call BS on your comment I have the playback! 

• RW Miller
    RW Miller
    Master Tactician
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 2,136

the original stats were no good as it wasnt working as it was intended now it is working correctly it actually seems to do more damage than it was before 

• Nexahs
    Nexahs
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 6,131

If only we could get a CM like Robot to make a thread regarding this issue and pin it to the top of the forum....Oh wait, he did that already.

The mortar wasn't working properly and weren't doing the intended damage, now they are.

Logging into the four rooms whenever there's been an update.#wandavision from we run on purple time
    BP - 2307531 / 
    WC - 922580 / VC - 13270

• makowere
    makowere
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 429

If only we could get a CM like Robot to make a thread regarding this issue and pin it to the top of the forum....Oh wait, he did that already.

The mortar wasn't working properly and weren't doing the intended damage, now they are.

No, the Meteor mortar was not doing the intended damage, they fixed it so that it would and realized that they would have others complaining about being one or two shotted if they happened to be hit by it. So, while they were going to do the update to fix the damage they set the damage back and told us all how great it was that it was no longer doing 0 damage.

Sharing Love and Joy since November 2013
  • John Seymour
    John Seymour
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 848

they fixed it because it wasn't working and then acted like they did us a favor...kixeye logic at work

• Evil Hamster
    Evil Hamster
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 1,049
    Rackham_E said:

Amazing what these people do, see the specs during the first weekly missions and now!! 

The damage was reduced from 3100 to 1004!!

Amazing-- ONLY on the BP forums will people gripe about increasing the effectiveness of a weapon and call it a reduction.

106 (born), 8, 169, 209, 274, 319, 419,  76(current)
  • Hitman007
    Hitman007
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 8,990

Just want to test something.
    Report hackers and any other problems you may have by sending in a Ticket

If a MOD or a CM remove/close/edit/delete a thread or a post, there's a reason for it. Re-posting the same post/thread is a violation of forum rules

BP Glossary, Everything you need to know about BP Everything you should need to know about Battle Pirates
  • EvilGeniusReborn
    EvilGeniusReborn
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 3,269

Why didn't Kixeye do the fixes, nerf the damage, but keep the written specs the same (i.e. Nerf it & Tell no one).
    I sure very few would notice. Now they have all the agro of players feeling cheated because of the nerf.

Kixeye. Killing the game, one upgrade at a time.

• markiss_344
    markiss_344
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 19

KIX logic - no logic.

why anybody should move back during base attack? i was hited hudred times and never seen this before. MM will hit only a dumb attacker.

• LEAD_WEIGHT
    LEAD_WEIGHT
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 628

I think we will get meteor morts 3 in the raid for T3/T4 and they will have the similar spec as original MM1.

Hmmmm rather have same original damage and add enhancements like anti anti morts and or multiple meteors and last with all 3 except the 3k damage for MM3..... M1 should have original damage and then MM2 with anti anit morts and MM3 with smaller Multiple Meteor morts with anti anti morts with the reduce to 1K mort 3 firing.

• Raymond mcvay
    Raymond mcvay
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 1,670
    edited 13 Jan 2014, 8:56PM
    Rackham_E said:

Amazing what these people do, see the specs during the first weekly missions and now!! 

The damage was reduced from 3100 to 1004!!

Amazing-- ONLY on the BP forums will people gripe about increasing the effectiveness of a weapon and call it a reduction.

That is just it... Kixeye did not increase the effectiveness of the weapon and this IS a reduction. If the primary point of this weapon was the area effect fire that gave DOT, then how come that wasn't boosted when the rest of it was nerfed so bad?

I think the biggest complaint is just the fact that there were two sets of stats. - To add to the insult, we get treated like we are mad because Kixeye fixed a glitch. We are not mad that it started putting out damage, we are mad that Kix severely nerfed the weapon to the point it is almost useless (for higher level bases). In several cases, it is worse than the weapon it replaced. And how did that happen? Because the original stats showed it to be better than the weapon it was replacing (hence, the reason why higher level players started building it). The new stats show it to be worse than the weapon it is replacing (hence, the reason why higher level players are upset).

HOWEVER... The MM is not as bad as some have made it out to be. Some lower level players that don't have all of the Forsaken base tech researched yet have liked it actually (because now their base is giving more damage to the attacker than their current level of researched tech could). IMHO, I think that is what Kix meant by Overpowered. Not that the MM was overpowered in and of itself, but the fact that a lower level player with Sent III's and VM II's can get these and put them in their base... i.e., the MM was overpowered for the level of player that can get the MM. The new MM stats seems to be more inline with those that could get and use it.

Meh... I'm not a good spin-doctor nor do I know the inner-workings of Kix... Your guess is as good as mine I suppose.

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, 
    but because he loves what is behind him" 

• Evil Hamster
    Evil Hamster
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 1,049

That is just it... Kixeye did not increase the effectiveness of the weapon and this IS a reduction. If the primary point of this weapon was the area effect fire that gave DOT, then how come that wasn't boosted when the rest of it was nerfed so bad?

I think the biggest complaint is just the fact that there were two sets of stats. - To add to the insult, we get treated like we are mad because Kixeye fixed a glitch. We are not mad that it started putting out damage, we are mad that Kix severely nerfed the weapon to the point it is almost useless (for higher level bases). In several cases, it is worse than the weapon it replaced. And how did that happen? Because the original stats showed it to be better than the weapon it was replacing (hence, the reason why higher level players started building it). The new stats show it to be worse than the weapon it is replacing (hence, the reason why higher level players are upset).

HOWEVER... The MM is not as bad as some have made it out to be. Some lower level players that don't have all of the Forsaken base tech researched yet have liked it actually (because now their base is giving more damage to the attacker than their current level of researched tech could). IMHO, I think that is what Kix meant by Overpowered. Not that the MM was overpowered in and of itself, but the fact that a lower level player with Sent III's and VM II's can get these and put them in their base... i.e., the MM was overpowered for the level of player that can get the MM. The new MM stats seems to be more inline with those that could get and use it.

Meh... I'm not a good spin-doctor nor do I know the inner-workings of Kix... Your guess is as good as mine I suppose.

Please don't use them in your base then. Use the weaker halos or something instead. I'd rather hit bases without this than with so my base fleet takes less damage and repairs faster.

106 (born), 8, 169, 209, 274, 319, 419,  76(current)
  • Art Nelson
    Art Nelson
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 85

So is the end result that we will just have to wait whenever anything new comes out for some uncertain amount of time to know what the real stats of a weapon are?
  • Raymond mcvay
    Raymond mcvay
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 1,670

Please don't use them in your base then. Use the weaker halos or something instead. I'd rather hit bases without this than with so my base fleet takes less damage and repairs faster.

The Halo's aren't weaker. And I did say that the MM isn't as bad as some on here were making it out to be. So what was your problem with what I posted?

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, 
    but because he loves what is behind him" 

• DataOutlaw
    DataOutlaw
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 724

*shrug* for me these are still good. They have replaced some sentinel 4 and arc missile 3 turrets. I was going to but now am not going to replace a couple of VM4 turrets for the MM. 

I don't have Javelin or Halo missile so these are still a big improvement to me. With just two of the MM turrets online I nearly destroyed a DNX fleet that rolled through my base last night. Seeing the DNX's sitting in the fire field taking damage from the meteors they shot down was kind of pleasant. That same DNX fleet would have come out of my base practically unscathed before. 

• Artizan
    Artizan
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 119
    Artizan said:
    Artizan said:
    Artizan said:

Since the Meteor Mortar has been emasculated and will only gather dust in our Intelligence Labs, I've been racking my brain for some other possible uses for it besides base defense.

Maybe we could take it out to play hot potato? Anyone else have an idea? Anyone?  :)

Meteor Mortar ping pong?

Meteor Mortar eating?  :)

Meteor Mortar fire walking?

• adrian.jacobsen.5
    adrian.jacobsen.5
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 228
    makowere said:

No, the Meteor mortar was not doing the intended damage, they fixed it so that it would and realized that they would have others complaining about being one or two shotted if they happened to be hit by it. So, while they were going to do the update to fix the damage they set the damage back and told us all how great it was that it was no longer doing 0 damage.

What kind of math do you use to get one or two shotted by the original MM?  Including ALL damage, the total per MM without SL special was 3875 plus 500 fire damage.  So a ship with no explosive resistance would take 4375 damage. Of course we all know that turret damage is actually half of what is listed, so you would need very low armor on your attacking fleet to be one or two shotted.  I don't know why Kixeye thinks it was OP ( we all know it wasn't) but the suggestion that it was intended as something as an alternate to arc missle3 (nearly useless) and VM2 ( also nearly useless) seems to have the most validity. 

My question is why should we have to guess at all?  Why can't someone from Kixeye just tell us the truth?  Let us know what the initial intent of the MM was, what level of turret was it supposed to compete with.  Since some tier 3 weapons that have recently been released are top notch, it is not unthinkable that a tier 3 turret would be top notch as well.  Can we at least get some answer, because we know as end game players, the original MM is in no way OP.

• donna.knowlton
    donna.knowlton
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 26
    Lolumad said:

I'm going to go insane if I have to read another reply saying that the updated mortar is doing more damage than the old version. The old one was broken since day one, of course the updated version is going to do more damage on impact. As long as it actually works, it's going to do more impact damage.

The "test" video doesn't prove anything, it just shows what everyone already knows. Halo's do a lot of damage when you sit under them and the fire slowly burns away at you. That video was simply a poor hit on an easy base. There were far too many other factors hitting that fleet to show that the Meteor is any better or worse than any other turret. Have 1 Meteor hit 1 target, give the full specs of that target, and then take that same hull and have it sit under something like a VM4, or a Halo, or anything.

I'll see if this is something we can do.

here is something that i am not seeing so far, but have not gotten through the posts yet, but throwing an anti mort on a ship the fireball drops straight down from where the anti hit it, thus the said fireball may land on your land, turrets, etc, vs landing anywhere near the fleet to get the benefit of it so in turn besides having damage reduced by a lot and with anti morts this weapon will become completely useless, at least with vm's there is a chance of some splash damage if they land behind the fleet vs fireball landing on your land, walls, turrets, etc which does nothing to help

• Ray_P
    Ray_P
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2,526

I've never seen anyone get hit by them,   most people just drive by them and they land safely astern.   Maybe if they had somewhat less arc and could lead a fleet they might be useful.

Another game FUBAR,   yes when we fire our morts we aren't going to lead the moving target,  but instead fire at where they won't be.

Ray_P   

Winner of Hellhound, Grimshine, Nighthawk,  V2 C/H, JuggX, Mastedon, Interceptor, Atlas, Viper, Enforcer, Nash, Reaper, Spectre, Hellstrike, Vindicator, Triton, Stingray, Interdictor, Hurricane, MCX, Goliath, Barracuda, Strike Cruiser, Mercury, Mauler, Super Fortress, Battleship, Battle Cruiser,  HHA,  HHB 

Remember at the end of the day it's a game,  it's not your life. 

Sectors 138,  316,  248,  177,   315
  • Lolumad
    Lolumad
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 4,937

Saw a Shock Q DNX fleet hit a base with 2 of them yesterday. Definitely had SL3 on them....all they did was tickle the 5 DNX fleet as it sat in the fire a few seconds each time.

Battle Pirates - 74 - Retired
    War Commander - 38 - Retired
    Vega Conflict - 38 - Retired