Hello fellow commanders
i will post videos about capturing giant thorium deposits.
Thorium Deposits & Special Ops :
it's highly recommended (before attacking large\ Giant thorium deposits) to have any Colossi \ Hercules offensive special Ops activated. to use them as a shield \ bait for Bunkers,Mortars,RBTs, Tanks ,Last Stand Defenders, mine sweeping , shooting down Hellfire \ helltower missiles.
we have 4 Special Ops for that :
- Hired Muscle : 3 Hercules
- Jolly Giant : 3 Colossus
- Double Diesel : 3 Hercules & 3 Colossus
- Heavy Lifting : 5 Hercules & 5 Colossus
Colossus uses :
considering the low space they take (35 space) & the massive amount of health for an infantry unit they are the best choice for protecting your tanks from incoming sniper\Shock\Mortar infantry shots as well as baiting Mortar towers , RBTs , Cryo , Tanks.
Hercules uses :
despite their lower health compared to that of colossi, they are far more resistant to sniper shots.
Hercules are versatile units capable of providing many supporting services such as :
- Shield sniper shots
- kill last stand defenders
- shoot hellfire \ helltower missiles.
Bunker Baiting Techniques :
bunker baiting is the use of a high armored unit to take fire from the bunker while hitting it with other
units (usually low-health-high-damage units). when baiting a bunker you can use one of these
- Double Baiting : used with a bunker containing high level Sniper & Shock trooper.
- move one Colossus \ Hercules towards the bunker until the Sniper starts shooting.
- move another colossus further toward the bunker until the shock trooper start firing at it.
- Triple Baiting : used with a bunker containing high level sniper,shock trooper, Mortar team.
-use two colossi as in the double baiting
-move a third colossus toward the bunker until it gets into the mortar team's range
-bring your tanks from a different direction lest mortar splash damage them.
- Quadruple Baiting : usually used with a bunker \ watchtower containing Sniper, Shock trooper, Mortar team & Stingers.
- use the same Triple baiting.
- use one or two Hellstorms to target any nearby building to increase your Hellfires chance to land their missiles.
- X2 Double Baiting : rarely used with two adjacent bunkers. both containing snipers & shock troopers.
-use 4 colossi
-split them into 2 groups with 2 colossi each.
-move one colossus into B1 sniper range.
-move one colossus into B2 sniper range.
-move one colossus into B1 Shock troper range.
-move the last colossus into B2 Shock Trooper range.
-bring your tanks to finish them.
- X2 Triple Baiting : extremely rare , used with two adjacent bunkers both containing high level Snipers,Shock troopers, Mortar teams.
- use 6 colossi or 4 colossi & 2 Hercules.
- split them into 2 groups of 3 colossi or 2 colossi & 1 Hercules.
- move one Colossus \ Hercules to each bunkered sniper range (be careful not to bait both bunkers with the same unit !).
- move one Colossus from each group to each bunkered shock range.
- move one colossus from each group th each bunkered mortar team's range.
- you have to be very quick doing these steps.
- bring your tanks , Hellfires,ELTs to finish them.
Units Used :
Main Ground Platoon:
- 6 Veteran Elite Hellfire tanks.
- 4 Veteran colossi
- 5 Veteran Dogs
- 13 Veteran Elite Rifelmen
Air Platoon :
5 Veteran Hellstorm
3 Veteran Reaper Drones
Recommended Main Platoon combination :
- 7 Elite Hellfire Tanks
- 1 Elite Laser Tank or 2 Elite Gatling trucks for last stand defenders.
- 1 ~ 2 Dogs
Support Platoon :
- large group of ERM
- Colossi (if you don't have Special Ops.)
0- Lure any moving tanks outside & kill them with air units.
1- Use several groups of 5~6 ERM to sweep landmines infront of the bunkers.
2- X2 Double bait the two south bunkers while targeting with EHF.
3- You can use a Skybolt missile (Optional & depends on your air deploy direction)
4- Alternate between using EHF & HS to destroy the turrets.
5- Double bait the two bunkers with 2 colossi & finish with EHF.
0- Lure the Suicide Trucks outside & kill them with a group of ERM \E Gladiator\Air .or let them detonate on an ERM or a dog.
1- Kill the Behemoth with air units.
2- Destroy the south-west MGT with HS \ EHF.
3- Clear the mines then Double bait the south-west Stronghold with 2 colossi & finish it with EHF.
4- Destroy Cryo \ Hellfire turrets with HS.
5- Clear any mines then double bait & finish the North-west stronghold.
6- Do the same with the south east stronghold.
7- Destroy the Cryo \ Plasma \ Flak turrets with EHF & HS (you have to bait the Flak tank under the east Cryo first with a Reaper or any other chopper).
8- Double bait & finish the north-east Stronghold.
9- Alternate between HS & EHF to destroy the rest.
0- The first step is to clear all the moving targets .. E Megas \ Shock troopers \ Challengers ...etc.
1- Take out the South Watchtower , you have to bait the Stingers in both East\West Watchtowers
at the same time start baiting the South \ West Watchtowers with Hercules & the South RBT with a Colossus While
doing all that start attacking the Watchtower with your Hellfires.
2- Destroy the West MGTs with Hellfires + Hellstorms while baiting the Watchtower with Hercules again.
3- Target the E Mega infront of the Plasma Cannon with your Hellfires & Hellstorms.
4- Destroy the East MGT with the Hells combo & Hercules baiting .
5- Finish with Hellstorm if it's upgraded enough (mine were @ 8) , use Hellfires if necessary.
P Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney.