Delay Raid Discussion Thread

• TheTowben
    TheTowben
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 105

While it is unfortunate that the event isn't able to start on time, I think we would all rather they get the issues fixed BEFORE the timer starts counting down. Yes, this sucks but it's the lesser of two evils and has to be done. you obviously have not play this long...lol

• Caddell
    Caddell
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 212

it all started with this conversation:

programmer: Ah, sir, we just realized that all players can win all the prizes without coining.

CEO: WHAT! STOP THE CLOCK NOW!

Sad, but probably true

• Jean-Pierre Despault
    Jean-Pierre Despault
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 58

this 3 hr delay means I won't get to start playing for another 16 hrs+   ty  setting many of us back a day.

• ShortBusRider
    ShortBusRider
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 38

the purchase gold button isn't broken! so what's the hold up?

• robb.sachelle
    robb.sachelle
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,216

wonder what the problem was that they found out last night which has caused this delay? .... 

kixeye - play hard - pay harder :)
    'You do screw people and take their money right?'
  • Delta88
    Delta88
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 422

That's because different worlds in the game have staggered start times. For example, Sector 1-100 start. Then 101-200 start an hour later. 201-300 another hour later. You see where I'm going with this?? It's always been this way. Raid start times for different worlds have always been staggered.

In sector 113 bases have different starting times on their event icon.  WTF?

• Weresquirrel
    Weresquirrel
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 9,977
    Sprouts said:

So if it's delayed a few hours, does that mean more hours get added to the other end?  If so, could they please also fix the alliance bonus reset issues before the raid ends?

Good question. Asking for clarification on that.

Any down time will be added to the end of the raid.
  • Gary Willetts
    Gary Willetts
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 19

this sucks you couldent organize a piss up in a pub 

• CJ22779
    CJ22779
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2
    I have 6 hours left until start time, so will now be a 12am start what a joke !!

• Homer_Sinksome
    Homer_Sinksome
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 138

Small suggestion -- start half repairs now so folks can have some cheaper fun while they wait

Hedon
     Until I can say "600 K" but cannot say 'wop' or 'ginny', I have to say the most race insensitive people I know of are the ones that set the BP chat censorship.
  • Jaczilla OddFour
    Jaczilla OddFour
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 340
    Sorry to inform any whiners present but these Events are Optional, you could try smelling the roses to avoid tears.

~~ Arrr!! there`s life after Zynga/PRTC and ~~ "The Dirty Bess" sails ~~  into even more Drama ~~

Born 179 ~ June 1st, 2011 ~ 511K ID# ~ On Tour since December, 2011 ~ Alliance N1C ~ Full pretty picture Set ~
  • Carl B
    Carl B
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 394

Pretty funny stuff. You all still gonna get to give KIXEYE lots of coins so don't worry bout it.

• Hitman007
    Hitman007
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 8,990

THREAD UPDATED.
    Report hackers and any other problems you may have by sending in a Ticket

If a MOD or a CM remove/close/edit/delete a thread or a post, there's a reason for it. Re-posting the same post/thread is a violation of forum rules

BP Glossary, Everything you need to know about BP Everything you should need to know about Battle Pirates
  • Scott77701
    Scott77701
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 316
    If you like your Dreadnought, you can keep it...period.

Hulls:  DNX, DN, Mercury, BS, Barracuda, HHa, HHb, FFa, Sea Scorpion A, BC, BCX, Rampart, Levi-A, BB-A, LC, LCX, DDX, Corvette, and a jar of dirt

Resistance is futile.....but welcome.
  • NOKLU
    NOKLU
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 172
    At 2 am pacific I came on, Rearranged some fleets in my dock, started some repairs and started a small upgrade.  I just got on the game and all of that has been undone,like it was reset back to a previous time.  Must be having some serious issues  require a reset like that.

ROTTEN

• BigBadDady
    BigBadDady
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 19

How long is the delay, I checked earlier and sure it was due to start at 8pm GMT (UK) but now not due to start till midnight, ie 4 hours

I'm in sector 454

perhaps I had the original time wrong, pretty sure I didn't though, kind of annoying as I'm not going to get much done this evening and ultimately will loose about 4 hours of gametime, wish half price repair would start, I got some fleets to fix...

• Dogger
    Dogger
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 235

this whole game is "OPTIONAL"  so what's your point?     Any event that is advertised to start at a certain time whether its a concert, movie, wedding or graduation would be annoying if ppl showed up and found out it started 3 hours later would it not?    Guess what... those are all "OPTIONAL" too.

Dogger
    currently in Sector ??
  • Ice_DS
    Ice_DS
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 380

Sucks for those that took off work today to play the start of the raid....but cant take off Monday to take advantage of the "time added"

• Izikiel
    Izikiel
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 227

I'm alright with this. Sure the delay is annoying, but hey, at least it wasn't during the raid event.

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

"History is on the move. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. 
    And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
  • Scorpion48
    Scorpion48
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 307
    Love how they post  a thread "pre event maintenance" AFTER it was meant to start!!!!!  and with no right to reply  unbelievably arrogant way to run things

That was a reply, wasn't it!!!

• bmclan
    bmclan
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 64
    Sprouts said:

So if it's delayed a few hours, does that mean more hours get added to the other end?  If so, could they please also fix the alliance bonus reset issues before the raid ends?

Sprouts said:

• mario c
    mario c
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1

Took off 1/2 day from work to play and now you delay the start.   Great...you keep pushing us to quit and find another game.   Good job Kixeye you make a commitment that you can not honor.  Are you a government agency?

• Trogar
    Trogar
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 13,085
    edited 14 Nov 2013, 6:26PM
    All the whining... SOOO Funny. Same whiners crying about FIXING ****!
  • bmclan
    bmclan
    Potential Threat
    HELLO KIXEYE
  • mintus
    mintus
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 28

nice by time it starts its bedtime for nearly all uk players as they have work ,so 1st day is lost due to kixeyes fault ,there should be a full day added to end of raid as most will miss out a full day

• Jaczilla OddFour
    Jaczilla OddFour
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 340
    Dogger said:

this whole game is "OPTIONAL"  so what's your point?     Any event that is advertised to start at a certain time whether its a concert, movie, wedding or graduation would be annoying if ppl showed up and found out it started 3 hours later would it not?    Guess what... those are all "OPTIONAL" too.

Congrats on winning 4 days supply of original English cheddar cheese

~~ Arrr!! there`s life after Zynga/PRTC and ~~ "The Dirty Bess" sails ~~  into even more Drama ~~

Born 179 ~ June 1st, 2011 ~ 511K ID# ~ On Tour since December, 2011 ~ Alliance N1C ~ Full pretty picture Set ~
  • bmclan
    bmclan
    Potential Threat
    can us in the UK start tomorrow ??
  • Dogger
    Dogger
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 235
    They planned the raid, advertised it and gave everyone 7 days notice.   There shouldn've have been any need to "fix" it.

Trogar said:
    All the whining... SOOO Funny. Same whiners crying about FIXING ****!

Dogger
    currently in Sector ??
  • EvilGeniusReborn
    EvilGeniusReborn
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 3,269

Could we get a clarification of what the issue was? 

Kixeye. Killing the game, one upgrade at a time.

• skullz515
    skullz515
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 8

as usual kixeye giving out there own butthurt

This discussion has been closed.