Medal/Letterboard problems

ShaKaRee
ShaKaRee
Minor Nuisance
Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 193
edited 11 Nov 2013, 8:47PM

So Kixeye, How is battle weekend working for you? 

For us I am seeing a few problems, 

1. For the little guys, a lot of them are stuck at 100-130 medals they have run out of targets that generate medals or that are actually attainable in their level, you cant actually attack and win at a base when you are a level 20 hitting a level 25 base.

At level 20 the most you can run at one time is a fleet of Long Bows and a fleet of 4 rancs, its just not enough to waste a gauss, PB base. Or whatever comic book names the weapons have now. 

Also if I have 115 medals as a little guy, and someone breaks my base and takes 5 medals from me, (good job) I seem to not be able to go back to his base and get my 5 medals back, it only offers me 1, what the hell? He just took 5 medals from me, and I can only get one back?

Lastly in this regard, it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to win this comp, being basically stuck at under 150 medals because you can only hit so many bases in the weekend, 

And now there is a new problem that has become obvious clans are now passing medals up to their strongest players making the goal of 380-350 medals totally unreachable for most players. 

I hope after this weekend the letter board is rethought. 

Sha Ka Ree 

Exterminate! 

• Shane McKenna
    Shane McKenna
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 6,314
    *****MEDALS*****

Low levels aren't meant to be on top of the leaderboards.

• ShaKaRee
    ShaKaRee
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 11 Nov 2013, 8:48PM

No of course not, but the level 20-30 should have a way to level up during a comp weekend instead of just being victims. It should be possible for someone who has the right ships to be able to battle it up to at least 3rd place if they really wanted to.. When clans are passing medals to their leaders that becomes impossible, And this is something that is happening in at least a few sectors because you can see the chatter about it in various Facebook groups. 

*****MEDALS*****

Low levels aren't meant to be on top of the leaderboards.

Sha Ka Ree 

Exterminate! 

• Shane McKenna
    Shane McKenna
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 6,314
    Well how do people usually level up, there's no special trick during these bounty missions.

No, the top 3 in a sector will always be someone over level 30.

• aboutblank
    aboutblank
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 168

It is not meTal but meDal! :D M E DDDDD A L S :D

NOISIA JASTA11
  • ShaKaRee
    ShaKaRee
    Minor Nuisance

Ill drink and type if i want to! :-) 

Sha Ka Ree 

Exterminate! 

• GangstaSquirrel-SPQR
    GangstaSquirrel-SPQR
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 450

yep Cheating to get these new ships has occured for sure

introduction of an alliance system to prevent you from doing this should have already been put in place

GangstaSquirrel-SPQR

SPQR- Leader, General

Father of the republic of Squirrels

Game released 1st of June 2013

I started 3rd of June 2013

• Herald of Tzeentch
    Herald of Tzeentch
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,322

how is it cheating if alliance members hit each other for medals? expand on that for me.

Carebear Flu (C4B3 virus) symptoms : hot-flashes, tearing of the eyes, raw-throat, pain in the hands or fingers, sore knees, lower-back or buttock pain.

• ShaKaRee
    ShaKaRee
    Minor Nuisance

Because its making impossible for other players to advance to a point where they have a chance of winning... 

Sha Ka Ree 

Exterminate! 

• Herald of Tzeentch
    Herald of Tzeentch
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,322

show me where it says you can't hit your alliance members for medals. it doesn't. and as long as they don't disconnect their bridge(no power to CM to make it easier) it's fair. it's not like they took a name of a great group, changed the words and what not.

Carebear Flu (C4B3 virus) symptoms : hot-flashes, tearing of the eyes, raw-throat, pain in the hands or fingers, sore knees, lower-back or buttock pain.

• Wolfsbane 4788794
    Wolfsbane 4788794
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 14

Great strategy usually looks like cheating to the one not using it.

• Scatterbrains
    Scatterbrains
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 307
    so How is helping your Alliance mates get medals a cheat ?  If one or 2 of our players are close to the top why shouldn't us smaller guys no do all we can to help them get better toy's to help us after the fact. ITS CALLED TEAM WORK PEOPLE...... LOL

Jailed for wishing for reduced repair times ... 3  times .... ROFL.. So don't ask ...Banned for a month for asking a 4th time...

• ShaKaRee
    ShaKaRee
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 11 Nov 2013, 8:11PM

1. Alliances are NOT at this time a integrated function of the game, I as many hope that this happens soon.

2. The objective of my feedback is to keep the game FRESH and engaging for the new players, even though many of us are old dogs at this game and some of us are even long standing old dogs of Kixeye games, But we do want to remember we are still playing a open beta, Feedback is critical for improving OUR game play as well as new comers, with online MMO's we hope they stay around a long time, because unlike the games we purchase for our PS3's we don't license a copy of the digital content to play later whenever we want, for the game to survive it has to be enjoyable for ALL, that way we can keep coming back and enjoying the cash we have spent, otherwise it just all disappears. That being said, this report is in a way feature feedback. 

3. It IS a form of cheating, because you changing the dynamic of the game in a unequal way to where the person who is NOT an alliance member has NO possible way of being the sector badass aside from spending thousands and thousands of dollars to get there, Alliances have numbers to support their efforts. This is an example of that. 

As cheating goes, this IS similar to using an main account to farm for your alt. Now we all know that MANY MANY MANY players on in this game have 1 if not more alt accounts, but the RULES say no interaction with your alt, so if you are out there farming for your alt then thats creating an unfair advantage over other players.  This in the same way is creating an unfair advantage over NORMAL singular players, people not in an alliance. 

4. Now I am hearing rumors of people getting banned for this and I hope Kixeye is not taking that route yet of punishing people for a unwritten rule the correct course of action is to NOW CREATE that rule. 

Suck it up and deal with the fact people did it, and punish them next time. 

5. Also the letterboard needs some changes, calculation, distribution, ways to get medals, to level the playing field more, Because if i started playing the game today, got really into having fun but then next weekend there is a competition that I could not possibly win anything in, I would be pretty irritated, and If there is no way I could ever get above that guy who currently has 300 medals as long as he keeps playing then that just sucks. 

I hope that we can all talk about this in a way that does not really get people punished for a unwritten rule, but still adds feedback for a game improvement. 

Sha Ka Ree 

Exterminate! 

• No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 3,793

wtf is a letterboard?

and I do not care if players exchange metal resources such as zynth.

BP ID: 1038         WC ID: 1476        VC ID: 18589     Tome ID: 3698   

• Sperio
    Sperio
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 17
    As I already noted somewhere before. The Medal passign on alliances can be prevented IF the alliance mechanic comes onto place:No medals can be gained from alliance members, System has its benefits to stay in the alliance, you can not leave or join alliances during the weekend same as you can not change location. Problem solved.