Bring Back The Javelin!!

BePrepared9
BePrepared9
Minor Nuisance
Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 148

I am a relatively new player, and in the time i've been here, i haven't had a chance to get my hands on the Jav. It's almost a necessity for defense against higher level players, and those of us who missed it last time, should have a shot at it. Please give is a chance to get it

• GRIM_BP
    GRIM_BP
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 1,645

Jav isnt the best weapon for turrets and it has been offered recently 

what need to be offered is Halos they havent been on offer since the start of the year and they are much more effective for base defense 

• BePrepared9
    BePrepared9
    Minor Nuisance

i would like both, but either would make a huge difference to me. 

• Toruk
    Toruk
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 2,824
    they were just out whiny geesh hold your pants up freeking uber coiner whiner 

I am a relatively new player, and in the time i've been here, i haven't had a chance to get my hands on the Jav. It's almost a necessity for defense against higher level players, and those of us who missed it last time, should have a shot at it. Please give is a chance to get it

• BePrepared9
    BePrepared9
    Minor Nuisance

Uber coiner? Um... no. I rarely coin anything

why do people always resort to insults online? I assume it must be some character flaw. 

• Captain Awesome
    Captain Awesome
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 1,092

If any defense turret needs to re-released, it should be the Halo missiles. The Javelin has been offered twice this year while the Halo missiles haven't been offered once since January. Not only that, but I think the Halo missiles would be a better choice to reintroduce, since they are much harder to shoot down or avoid (compared to vm's), and are easier to win by lower-level players.

• BePrepared9
    BePrepared9
    Minor Nuisance

I'm all for that

If any defense turret needs to re-released, it should be the Halo missiles. The Javelin has been offered twice this year while the Halo missiles haven't been offered once since January. Not only that, but I think the Halo missiles would be a better choice to reintroduce, since they are much harder to shoot down or avoid (compared to vm's), and are easier to win by lower-level players.

• Trogar
    Trogar
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 13,085

It has been stated in the October WIP, this raid will be a prize store of components, so armours, specials, weapons, etc. Quite possible they will be in the raid...

• Magic Bunny
    Magic Bunny
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 17,465

what about the disruptor? only released once

javelin will not stop folks farming you - at 9 days each build , and five special fleets for javelin bases in my shipyard .......

Level ... not enough fingers to count that high

First played July 2011, in sector 96

• Lolumad
    Lolumad
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 4,937

Jav was brought back like 3 raids ago. If it's not in this months prize store, you're likely to not see it again until early next year.

Battle Pirates - 74 - Retired
    War Commander - 38 - Retired
    Vega Conflict - 38 - Retired
  • Nexahs
    Nexahs
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 6,144
    edited 14 Oct 2013, 8:48AM

Your a relatively newb level 48 player and you somehow missed the fact the Javelin was available 2/3 raids ago. 

You also seem to think you'd actually ever be able to build one.

Logging into the four rooms whenever there's been an update.#wandavision from we run on purple time
    BP - 2307531 / 
    WC - 922580 / VC - 13270

• jono.chisholm
    jono.chisholm
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 537

Work around it. I havent had the chance really either, given im a lv53 that started in March. But i worked a lot on my VM base, working on both the guard and the layout to force attackers to stop and take a beating from 6 SL3 VMs and a Assault mort dread. Not saying ill keep everything out but i dont get broken often, and as i finish my guard it will be even less. Had a 66 prep with MCX, losing the fleet, then hit with Q Dreads most recently. Died and barely got 50%

Im not saying VMs are as good as Halos or Javs, but they do have an excellent potential damage output, higher than Halos or Javs, and thats before you count that most fleets are resistant to ballistic and missile but not at all explosive. Its a case of forcing them to take that damage, but almost all VM bases are flawed in that they dont force the attacker to stop for long enough, due to a poorly thought out layout and guard fleet, and often the VMs dont cover the channel fully as Halo/Jav base designs are copied

• CurlyPubes
    CurlyPubes
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 823

Screw all that crap, I need the Alloy Armor CX3

SOS? Sorry, my magic fleet that sucks attackers out of bases and fixes your buildings is repairing.  
  • bp forlife
    bp forlife
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 508

the disruptor cannon is the most important base weapon for low lvls mixed with a good guard and a heep of vics will kill more fleets than javs and halos

• CurlyPubes
    CurlyPubes
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 823

Bring back disco!!!

SOS? Sorry, my magic fleet that sucks attackers out of bases and fixes your buildings is repairing.  
  • Capt_Pimpin_HH
    Capt_Pimpin_HH
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 1,552
    edited 14 Oct 2013, 1:54PM

(1) halos give splash damage so output damage is less cause off it (2) disruptor was make for slowing rush fleets down for halos/vm's to do there work 

• Capt_Pimpin_HH
    Capt_Pimpin_HH
    edited 14 Oct 2013, 1:54PM

a missile or mort flt can stay out off range off disruptor but gives enough time to land a halos or vm on them 

• Capt_Pimpin_HH
    Capt_Pimpin_HH

the disruptor cannon is the most important base weapon for low lvls mixed with a good guard and a heep of vics will kill more fleets than javs and halos

disruptor is to slow thresher's etc down so halos or vm's can do there work, mort and missile can take a base with disruptor easy 

• montgomery scott
    montgomery scott
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 189

I would like a dilithium resource gatherer for my warp drive!!

• NBE-01
    NBE-01
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 418

I would like a dilithium resource gatherer for my warp drive!!

Neah....Id rather have a Tricobalt Torpedo Launcher

• Unicorn Overlord
    Unicorn Overlord
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2011 Posts: 3,106

Another case of a low lvl wanting what higher lvls have, and thinks that will help. The number 1 defense to strive for is, a great patrol fleet for your base. Strong Golis, counter measure Tritons, and what ever else you can build to stop ppl. Thats what you need. Not a turret that by now most of all the high lvlvs you want to guard from, will have Jav fleets to hit you with.

Hell ya 08/30/2013 I finally became a UNICORN OVERLORD       (It only took 2 years 6 months lmao)
    kix1

• Red_SheDevil
    Red_SheDevil
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 232

Another case of a low lvl wanting what higher lvls have, and thinks that will help. The number 1 defense to strive for is, a great patrol fleet for your base. Strong Golis, counter measure Tritons, and what ever else you can build to stop ppl. Thats what you need. Not a turret that by now most of all the high lvlvs you want to guard from, will have Jav fleets to hit you with.

What he said :) couldn't have said it better myself

• Gary Hammer II
    Gary Hammer II
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 861

what about the disruptor? only released once

javelin will not stop folks farming you - at 9 days each build , and five special fleets for javelin bases in my shipyard .......

Can you take my base Bunny?

• Magic Bunny
    Magic Bunny
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 17,465

looks like you coined Ciaran's base from June - that fell three times

Level ... not enough fingers to count that high

First played July 2011, in sector 96

• Pig-Pen_LS
    Pig-Pen_LS
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,342

i can take that base post coords and i will video it for you lol

• Gary Hammer II
    Gary Hammer II
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 861

looks like you coined Ciaran's base from June - that fell three times

Well if you had taken the time to look at the videos you would have seen Ciaran SBSST was on the list. He actually came to my sector just to try my base. But as usual you think you know all and start talking. I had this design before he ever arrived. My base is in 411 at 246033,281 lets see your five fleets take my base. I look forward to adding you to my videos.

• BBG
    BBG
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 154

I vote Halo, its been a long time since it was last released.  DIsruptor would be nice too :)

• RW Miller
    RW Miller
    Master Tactician
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 2,136

Youll get arc missles and youll l;ike them !!!

• orcaone
    orcaone
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,168

Never regret an old weapon, aim for the newer weapons.  Once they release a weapon for the 2nd, it usually becomes mediocre.

• oneroguecow
    oneroguecow
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 35

Ideally, you want a little mix of good stuff. Disruptors to make them pump the brakes, halo for splash, javelins for sick range. If you go all javelin, all halo / sent 5, all vm, etc; then someone just comes in with a layered / reactive / or ablative armored fleet. but when you spread it out, you can try to make them sacrifice one resistance for another. Dread X or Guardians with the assault mortars and combustion system combo'd with javelin and halo turrets is just so much damage to deal with. But then again it is all useless with poor design and someone just donut holes everything.