Interface Feedback

PraetorSukeck
PraetorSukeck
Skilled Warrior
Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 420
edited 21 Sep 2013, 2:25AM
Some issues with interfaces that needs to be changed

1. Going from Foreign planet to foreign sector.

when scouting Foreign (not your home planet) planets for targets, you always have to go back through the process (Sector> That planet) to look around in that sector, or a near by planet. We need a button to allow us to Jump to that core sector.

Example: If i am from 3601, and i visually enter 3705, I cant go back up to 3700 sector, with going visually back through the gate to 3700. 

2. The same situation above, But with bases and combat

When attacking a hostile base, its nice to see whats out side before combat ends. Either add an exit combat to planet option, or a small window that shows whats going on outside (in real time). Much like how in starcraft, you can see the minimap and units moving there, add a small mini map for the planet top.

Formation Feeback

It'd be nice to have some formation upgrades, that can be used.
Lets start with the following formations

Lets also Look at improved Interface options for the sector

"Move to Gate" (provides a list for each sector) If im in 3600, then i can pick from that list, 3400,3500 and 3300.
"Patrol" Options

The easiest way to set them up is to make a list for the game to recognize who is hostile to you Can do so by

"creating a list of target enemies" In this list you have three options Something like this

Pushing the patrol button will patrol the fleet from its position, to the destination and back endlessly.

• PraetorSukeck
    PraetorSukeck
    Skilled Warrior
    another important upgrade we need is Small Arrows above the ships 

something like

V

With color codes, and adding the color codes to the names, or health bars on the top of the combat screen, so we can identify what fleet belongs to who.
  • FeralAnnihilator
    FeralAnnihilator
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 8
    edited 21 Sep 2013, 6:54PM
    1. press the "go up to planet view button" (changes to sector view, when in planet.) it looks like 3 flat squares next to an arrow. if your viewing a planet in any sector, that will take you to that planets sector.

2. again this button works, but you have to be quick as your ships will go auto, while you're out of battle

we definitely need formations added, i would however prefer Custom formations and not stock, but either way would be an improvement.

Bookmarks work fine enough as is, so not overly concerned with that item.

peoples names are already attached to flts, so you know who they belong to. Hoping once alliances come into it, colour coding will be a way of telling ally from enemy, but until that time each of the 4 available sectors should be coloured, to help differentiate.

As for health bars against it. For your own ships, you already have them, and for others, people would start attacking only damaged ships. dont think that would add to the game.
  • fistingborg
    fistingborg
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 12
    edited 21 Sep 2013, 7:01PM
    Button next to Bookmark the answer for below

1. Going from Foreign planet to foreign sector.

when scouting Foreign (not your home planet) planets for targets, you always have to go back through the process (Sector> That planet) to look around in that sector, or a near by planet. We need a button to allow us to Jump to that core sector.

Example: If i am from 3601, and i visually enter 3705, I cant go back up to 3700 sector, with going visually back through the gate to 3700. 

Tensa
    Level 34

• PraetorSukeck
    PraetorSukeck
    Skilled Warrior
    not health bars, like a small triable (upside down) to act as a arrow, over the ships, the triangles can be color coded, and that color is on the health bars.
    this way you can match the ships (by that icon) to the hp, to identify which side has what ships.

for example if i go in battle now, and two talons fleets are fighting you dont know whos talon fleet is who's
    but with the two sides, you have small arrows above, that will show 1 side red, 1 side blue and i can match that to the hp names.this way when we are watching fight
    we know who is winning etc.
  • FeralAnnihilator
    FeralAnnihilator
    Greenhorn
    edited 21 Sep 2013, 7:54PM
    oh you meant in battle, misunderstood. atm the health bars are different colours one blue, the other red. but dont think there is currently a way to differentiate between who is who. the players health bars should be colour coded to match their ships. that way it'd work
  • FeralAnnihilator
    FeralAnnihilator
    Greenhorn
    edited 21 Sep 2013, 7:59PM
    just checked and they are. the left sided player has a blue health bar and the right has a red bar. which match the health bars over their ships. adding an arrow, isn't necessary imo
  • The Aries
    The Aries
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 722
    I liked it, little ideas that make a difference.

[VIDEO] VEGA Universe History in more than 120 Screenshots

[VIDEO] Cinematic Film about Story/Lore of the VEGA Universe

[VIDEO] Blood Amber mysteries (Cinematic Trailer)

• PraetorSukeck
    PraetorSukeck
    Skilled Warrior
    Example

This is an example of the arrow idea i had.
  • FeralAnnihilator
    FeralAnnihilator
    Greenhorn
    i get why you might want it, but think its fine as is. you can currently tell whose ship is whose, just think it'd be a little overkill adding the arrows. i would be happy for them to be included, IF you had the ability to turn them off in settings.

going back to formations, i want them added, but i want them customizable. all flts, have strengths and weaknesses. In a real battle, these would be set in a formation that would make use of their strengths and limit their weaknesses, so why not in game. another idea, would be a button that sorts them into formation during battle (during the prepare for battle sequence), allowing you to have different formations for different foes.
  • Krazie243
    Krazie243
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 10,669
    This thread is proof of Uhmari's ignorance to game elements...

First: There is already a button to do exactly as he first mentions. This button has existed for a LONG time now...

Second: While fleet formations are interesting, there are other threads for that he could simply support rather than making new ones:
    https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/397999 - Or he could make a thread specific to it like this... (and not have this thread)

Third: The game already makes the two sides in battle have different colored firing arcs so you can tell the ships apart by hovering over them. Granted a long while after a battle is started it might be hard to tell the difference between two fleets that have gone around each other a bit or mixed (assuming both have lost equal % health total) but that is kind of rare. Usually you can see who has the most fleet damage and compare that with who has the most ships left. Taking note of who is positioned where in sector view will also give you a heads up about who is in what starting position. And of course the fleet size indicator is useful as well. All these things combined make needing yet another indicator kind of useless (and way less priority than ANY other fix).
    I don't play much anymore =(
  • aLLurBASESrBelong2US
    aLLurBASESrBelong2US
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 7
    This thread is proof of Uhmari's ignorance to game elements...

First: There is already a button to do exactly as he first mentions. This button has existed for a LONG time now...

Second: While fleet formations are interesting, there are other threads for that he could simply support rather than making new ones:
    https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/397999 - Or he could make a thread specific to it like this... (and not have this thread)

Third: The game already makes the two sides in battle have different colored firing arcs so you can tell the ships apart by hovering over them. Granted a long while after a battle is started it might be hard to tell the difference between two fleets that have gone around each other a bit or mixed (assuming both have lost equal % health total) but that is kind of rare. Usually you can see who has the most fleet damage and compare that with who has the most ships left. Taking note of who is positioned where in sector view will also give you a heads up about who is in what starting position. And of course the fleet size indicator is useful as well. All these things combined make needing yet another indicator kind of useless (and way less priority than ANY other fix).
    Uhmari is an idiot who originated in 6100 with us.  A pity there is not an ignore option on the forums.

I just find it funny he self proclaims himself as a dev and acts as if he has direct contact with kix devs who could make something happen.  Sorry Uhmari but you don't have that kind of money.  Also all these references to SC/SC2  for f**ks sake why don't you go play SC2 instead?!!?!    Or if you are so awesome, why don't you dev something that is not a total rip of SC/SC2 and call it "Uhmari's Conflict"... pahaha

Not surprised this guy fails at communicating (and more often than not over elaborates) and seems to piss of people where ever he goes. 
  • Krazie243
    Krazie243
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 10,669
    Yeah I'm convinced that Uhmari (now Praetor) is some major attention **** that can't get over his self-perceived brilliance. I can be stubborn myself but at least I bring valid arguments to the table. This guy waffles about stuff with no evidence and makes me wonder what world of logic he thinks he is in. I wish he'd just go make his own game and leave us alone...
    I don't play much anymore =(
  • No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 3,793
    Yeah I'm convinced that Uhmari (now Praetor) is some major attention **** that can't get over his self-perceived brilliance. I can be stubborn myself but at least I bring valid arguments to the table. This guy waffles about stuff with no evidence and makes me wonder what world of logic he thinks he is in. I wish he'd just go make his own game and leave us alone...
    I am beginning to smell an agent from a competitor. 
    Or a resident of a room with padded walls and no inside door handle.

BP ID: 1038         WC ID: 1476        VC ID: 18589     Tome ID: 3698