Base attack direction

cometed
cometed
Minor Nuisance
Joined Mar 2011 Posts: 141
edited 18 Apr 2011, 6:53PM
well i was wondering is their a specific way that attacks come from or can it be any of the directions bec iv seen north and west. does anyone know for sure.
  • lerige
    lerige
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 108
    I only did notice attacks from East or West, never from North or South.
    I did try some things, like attacking the bases on the map from each side, but it looks like coming from East or West is random.
  • Remco Volatile
    Remco Volatile
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 353
    It seems that the location of your dock and shortest route to the dock determines the attack direction.
    Not sure though and I hope someone has a definitive answer, its quite essential to build a good defended base.
    Your happiness is our primary objective and everything that we do to improve the game is aimed at increasing it.
    robertg wrote: »
    ah ackabar and dredbull, kings of the trolls in the frontline together.
    all go to sleep, there is nothing to worry about, game is just fine, you just need to change all your settings to reduce lag a bit, offcourse all the new players will understand that and do that at once to play this wonderfull game.

doesn't play anymore, former userid : 59919
  • No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 3,794
    I think that the direction of attack should be based on....wait for it...the direction of attack:

Define 8 different starting points (Upper Left, Upper Left, Upper Right, Left, Right, Lower Left, Lower Middle, Lower Right).

Then whichever point is 'closest' to the angle actually used by the fleet in MAP view in approaching the base should be the starting point. The game clearly contains code to calculate this angle because ships face the correct way when mining a resource.

So, for example, if I attack directly from the 'south', then the starting point should be 'Middle Bottom'.

Attackers could easily start where they wanted by first moving to a waypoint near the base in the direction they want.

BP ID: 1038         WC ID: 1476        VC ID: 18589     Tome ID: 3698   

• cometed
    cometed
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2011 Posts: 141
    lerige wrote: »
    I only did notice attacks from East or West, never from North or South.
    I did try some things, like attacking the bases on the map from each side, but it looks like coming from East or West is random.

well u cant tell because of the way the compose repositions itself. you can really only tell on ur own base and thats how i figured that one attack came from the north.
  • Shawn Tchen
    Shawn Tchen
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2010 Posts: 1,407
    From what I see, it's either from the east or the west. And your ships come in from one of the two sides.
    If your having trouble with destroying those cursed dreadnauts, follow these 4 simple attacks. http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/31613-Dreadnauht-A-Problem-Not-To-Worry

Check out my yard. :)
    http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/152474-Dark-Vanquisher

5 Shiny