Farscape: Best TV show ever.

GigaPirate
GigaPirate
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 5,046
Discuss.
"we have never banned on IP address, we ban cheaters. If you cheat you will be banned." CM QRich
  • psykik simon
    psykik simon
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 338
    pretty good yes but atm last 8 seasons of supernatural has me glued to the screen, the lead pair in fs played v good roles in stargate sg1
  • Ascension
    Ascension
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 26,257
    Nothing to discuss. It's a fact.

Forum banned by a hypocrite at Kixeye.

• Anthony Sharma
    Anthony Sharma
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 2,544
    I also fail to see how there can be discussion on this topic.
  • psykik simon
    psykik simon
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 338
    cant be great sci fi fans then....................if anyone starts talking bout star trek or similar i like to see what others think
  • Anthony Sharma
    Anthony Sharma
    Unicorn Overlord
    to be fair I do also have a deep affection for star wars
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522
    edited 6 Sep 2013, 11:54PM
    I was a big fan of Firefly...then it was canceled =(
  • GigaPirate
    GigaPirate
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 7 Sep 2013, 12:03AM
    pretty good yes but atm last 8 seasons of supernatural has me glued to the screen, the lead pair in fs played v good roles in stargate sg1
    I don't really get the appeal of Supernatural. I recently watched the first seven seasons and part of season eight and while I thought it was okay, I didn't really feel any attachment toward it. My sister however eats, drinks, and breathes that show. Dean is hot, but he's not THAT hot.
    cant be great sci fi fans then....................if anyone starts talking bout star trek or similar i like to see what others think
    I grew up on STTOS and there is no doubt that it was ground-breaking and brilliant, but Farscape had sexy men, sexy women, true love, magic, science, romance, fighting, pirates, aliens, space ships, flowers, torture, betrayal, mind control, AND Muppets. Seriously, how do you compete with that?

"we have never banned on IP address, we ban cheaters. If you cheat you will be banned." CM QRich
  • Anthony Sharma
    Anthony Sharma
    Unicorn Overlord
    There are no movies for it, but the battletech/mechwarrior universe and I have a long relationship.
  • Ascension
    Ascension
    Unicorn Overlord
    There are no movies for it, but the battletech/mechwarrior universe and I have a long relationship.
    Good stuff. I kind of lost interest after the "Jihad" storyline, though.

• philpruitt
    philpruitt
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 122
    I don't really get the appeal of Supernatural. I recently watched the first seven seasons and part of season eight and while I thought it was okay, I didn't really feel any attachment toward it. My sister however eats, drinks, and breathes that show. Dean is hot, but he's not THAT hot.
    I grew up on STTOS and there is no doubt that it was ground-breaking and brilliant, but Farscape had sexy men, sexy women, true love, magic, science, romance, fighting, pirates, aliens, space ships, flowers, torture, betrayal, mind control, AND Muppets. Seriously, how do you compete with that?

One of my favorite promos shots...

i hated when they canceled farscape,i really liked it. an ex-girlfriend actually turned me on it. however,  i do have two words for you , Dr. Who.
  • GigaPirate
    GigaPirate
    Unicorn Overlord
    Is that a TV show?
  • GigaPirate
    GigaPirate
    Unicorn Overlord

i hated when they canceled farscape,i really liked it. an ex-girlfriend actually turned me on it. however,  i do have two words for you , Dr. Who.
    Funny, I deleted that pic right away because it was so big....trying to find a better version of it. Anyway, I do watch Dr. Who and I loved that they had Ben in an episode last season. Going to miss Matt Smith. :(
  • CM Skeedorr
    CM Skeedorr
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 2,701
    Space Above and Beyond! best series ever.

• GigaPirate
    GigaPirate
    Unicorn Overlord
    Weirdo.
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522
    Weirdo.
    Seriously. Glad he doesn't sit next to me.
  • GigaPirate
    GigaPirate
    Unicorn Overlord
    Hopefully a better version of my favorite promo shot from Farscape.

• philpruitt
    philpruitt
    Minor Nuisance
    gigapirate,it didnt show up on your post til i clicked quote in reply. 

Funny, I deleted that pic right away because it was so big....trying to find a better version of it. Anyway, I do watch Dr. Who and I loved that they had Ben in an episode last season. Going to miss Matt Smith. :(
    yes, enjoyed Ben as the sheriff as well. i actually got hooked on the doctor back in the early 80's thanks to pbs. lol
  • philpruitt
    philpruitt
    Minor Nuisance
    what, where you born in a tank? :)
  • beel78
    beel78
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 8,189
    I didn't know about Firefly until about 4 years after watching, Serenity.  My sister smacked the back of my head, and made me download Firefly, watched the whole season of it and asked her about the 2nd season and, I learned they canceled it...I was like WTF!?!?!??!?!?!
    Not a TV fan but, I have two shows that, I love or have loved (besides late night Cinemax :D) and they are, Firefly and Walking Dead.  Firefly is/was just absolutely friggen AWESOME!
    'Soon' in KIXEYE time means once our Sun dies'. 
     Wil Harbin said:

Kixeye hasn’t done as much to annoy its users as other game companies have. It doesn’t sell decorations for games and try to milk gamers for all they’re worth, and it doesn’t sell advanced weaponry that will allow rich gamers to wipe out poor gamers. But it does allow users to accelerate time in the game. Rather than wait for something to be developed, a user can pay to accelerate the build time for units.

• beel78
    beel78
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 8,189
    edited 7 Sep 2013, 2:34AM
    Battle tech had a TV show!?!?!?  I used to war game with that game...loved it.
    Edit:  Is it an animated series?  Im googleing the damned thing and thats all, I can find.
    'Soon' in KIXEYE time means once our Sun dies'. 
     Wil Harbin said:

Kixeye hasn’t done as much to annoy its users as other game companies have. It doesn’t sell decorations for games and try to milk gamers for all they’re worth, and it doesn’t sell advanced weaponry that will allow rich gamers to wipe out poor gamers. But it does allow users to accelerate time in the game. Rather than wait for something to be developed, a user can pay to accelerate the build time for units.

• The_Red_Army
    The_Red_Army
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 4,048
    Me too :(

You seen the movie right? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0379786/

On topic of TV shows. Here is what i have watched in like 3-4 years :)
    All are great shows in their own right. (Also i just had a deja vu LOL)
    • Game of Thrones
    • Walking Dead
    • Spartacus
    • The Big Bang Theory
    • The Simpsons
    • Homeland
    • Prison Break
    • Lost
    • Sons of Anarchy 
    • Revenge 
    • The Sopranos
    • Only Fools And Horses
    • One Foot in the Grave
    • The 4400
    • Robin Hood
    • Boardwalk Empire
    • Rome
    • The Tudors
    • The IT Crowd
    • Dirty Sexy Money
    • Hustle
    • Waterloo Road
    • Pillars of the Earth
    • The Borgias

Player Guides ■ Erebus ■ Fathom ■ Jin ■ Khar ■ Malbus ■ Morlock ■ Nyri ■ Orlon ■ Osric ■

Other ■ Specs ■ Complete Guide ■ Beginners ■ Advanced ■ Shop ■ Unity ■ Hotkeys ■ Support ■

Favourite Guardians ■ Orlon ■ Malbus ■ Talia ■ Osric ■ Nyri ■ Khar ■ Fathom ■ Morlock ■ Jin ■

• DrJordano
    DrJordano
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 1,604
    very short lived! /; 
    You can do anything you set your mind to. Yeah I'm talking to you reading this. 
  • DrJordano
    DrJordano
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 1,604
    Me too :(

You seen the movie right? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0379786/

On topic of TV shows. Here is what i have watched in like 3-4 years :)
    All are great shows in their own right. (Also i just had a deja vu LOL)
    • Game of Thrones
    • Walking Dead
    • Spartacus
    • The Big Bang Theory
    • The Simpsons
    • Homeland
    • Prison Break
    • Lost
    • Sons of Anarchy 
    • Revenge 
    • The Sopranos
    • Only Fools And Horses
    • One Foot in the Grave
    • The 4400
    • Robin Hood
    • Boardwalk Empire
    • Rome
    • The Tudors
    • The IT Crowd
    • Dirty Sexy Money
    • Hustle
    • Waterloo Road
    • Pillars of the Earth
    • The Borgias
    you watch some quality shows
    You can do anything you set your mind to. Yeah I'm talking to you reading this. 
  • GigaPirate
    GigaPirate
    Unicorn Overlord
    mackjsf23 said:
    you watch some quality shows
    But none of them are Farscape.
  • Cyanide Sandwich
    Cyanide Sandwich
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,161
    edited 7 Sep 2013, 8:28AM
    I've never heard of Farscape, however I do have a link to a website that i'm sure many of you will appreciate. the website should be clean, at least, I haven't had any problems with it, but be wary of the pop ups in it. This website: http://www.couchtuner.eu/  allows you to watch pretty much every season of most of the really popular shows on air right now, for 100% free. I literally haven't turned on my tv to watch shows since dicovering this website. Listen, i'm not endorsing it or anything, i'm just posting the link to it and it's up to you whether or not to check it out. But trust me, it's worth it.
    Battle Pirates
    In-game name: Cyanide Sandwich              
    Home Sector: 21                                          Ship Design Discussion Group (Open to all): https://www.facebook.com/groups/118022991724717/
    KIXEYE logic is the only logic and you ain't never logic'd till you've KIXEYE logic'd.

• Andrew Knowles
    Andrew Knowles
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 273
    Farscape was a great series, But not one of you mentioned BABYLON 5, now that was the best to me as it had a great story line as well,

My SCIFI dvd collection is :

All Babylon 5 and films
    All Andromeda, another good series
    Farscape and the peacekeepers wars
    Stargate SG1 and film
    Firefly and film
    Star Trek Voyager all series (hmmm seven of nine)
    Star trek the next generation all series
    Blake's 7 (Classic)
    Red Dwarf (Classic)

my first ever scifi show i watched was buck roger's and logans run, any one remember's these great oldies.
  • Ascension
    Ascension
    Unicorn Overlord
    Farscape was a great series, But not one of you mentioned BABYLON 5, now that was the best to me as it had a great story line as well,

My SCIFI dvd collection is :

All Babylon 5 and films
    All Andromeda, another good series
    Farscape and the peacekeepers wars
    Stargate SG1 and film
    Firefly and film
    Star Trek Voyager all series (hmmm seven of nine)
    Star trek the next generation all series
    Blake's 7 (Classic)
    Red Dwarf (Classic)

my first ever scifi show i watched was buck roger's and logans run, any one remember's these great oldies.
    I didn't mention it because despite some moments of brilliance it was far too campy to me.