Raid Frequency

• THUNDER STORM
    THUNDER STORM
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 595
    Kix will not do this coz they will loose monthly money in raids.

• RI Sensei
    RI Sensei
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 800
    I dont think he is trolling. It is simple....dont engage in it. It is there for those who want it. I think those complaining are compelled to play so they dont miss out on something .....so they wish there was no mission. A bit selfish if you ask me.
  • Prashant
    Prashant
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 757
    45-60 days would be fine
  • wesker
    wesker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 5,473
    me raids are kinda out of hand i rather every 2 months and dont say dont do it then cause if i dont get im behind on **** some powerful hull that can kill most bases or any of that crap
    Decimate the Weak

Ships Won: who cares you will see them :D 
    BP-ID: 1824740....lvl 72

• wesker
    wesker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 5,473
    Hitman007 said:
    Raid will be every month, if you don't want to win the hull or what is up in the raid, then you don't have to play.
    also F...ing troll!!!
    Decimate the Weak

Ships Won: who cares you will see them :D 
    BP-ID: 1824740....lvl 72

• Chris Robb
    Chris Robb
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 2,547
    roflmao u cant flag mods posts..  :))
    oh if this was a teaser, explains why you are all master baiters :)

bored :)

Hitman007 said:
    It has built in re-targeting however because you do not have laser on them they will not hit subs under water with them.
  • Kindman
    Kindman
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 629
    edited 20 Aug 2013, 2:28PM
    The people with lot of hulls would opt for raids to be conducted every 2nd or 3rd months. But what about new players? Its easy to level upto 30+ in the first month of play. Should they have to sit out for 2 months for winning a raid prize/hull?! Reduces the fun in the game for newbies.

A meaningful method would be to re-release previous raid prizes from the raids hereafter for a couple of months. This gives the newbies/mid-level players a chance at getting them while the peeps who have backlogs in the Shipyard can sit out. 

This style of raids should be fit in-between the raids in which new prizes/hulls are to be released. 
    :ar!
  • Magic Bunny
    Magic Bunny
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 17,465
    Hitman007 said:
    Raid will be every month, if you don't want to win the hull or what is up in the raid, then you don't have to play.
    What? A mod troll? Expressing hopes to get something done differently has always been a major property of a forum. Why suddenly change that?

I dont mind raids every month, but I'd rather have it less frequently.
    this would be an extremely unpopular change - it's the most challenging part of the game

and few changes like this came via the forum
    Level ... not enough fingers to count that high

First played July 2011, in sector 96

• Dumbledore666
    Dumbledore666
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2011 Posts: 196
    Hitman007 said:
    For once I agree with a moderator...
  • Spanish2410
    Spanish2410
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 73
    Sometimes, I thought that I was not going to do the raid. The idea was easy. But as the raid happens, then I would eventually find myself sitting in front of the computer to do the raid LOL.
    Two months is just too long. Yes, a new hull would be release every single raid, but then if you win it. You'll know if you should carry on with your currently busy line build in your shipyard.
    If you don't like to win another hull, then don't play the raid for that month. You don't have to get everything every single raid, you just need prizes which are important.
    If you're doing the raid for collections sake like a friend of mine is doing, then you shouldn't have a problem with the raid being every single month, noted that you already all the good hulls and etc.
  • Andy Bayliss
    Andy Bayliss
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 303
    I voted for as it is now, but in all honesty I really don't care. I don't play this game for the raids, I play for the time in between raids as it provides far more entertainment/enjoyment for me. Sure it's nice to win some new toys but I'm generally not fussed if I don't. I get by just fine with what I've got already.
  • ACJ73
    ACJ73
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,104
    The people with lot of hulls would opt for raids to be conducted every 2nd or 3rd months. But what about new players? Its easy to level upto 30+ in the first month of play. Should they have to sit out for 2 months for winning a raid prize/hull?! Reduces the fun in the game for newbies.

A meaningful method would be to re-release previous raid prizes from the raids hereafter for a couple of months. This gives the newbies/mid-level players a chance at getting them while the peeps who have backlogs in the Shipyard can sit out. 

This style of raids should be fit in between the raids in which new pries/hulls are to be released. 
    Well, U already got the weekly for that. Those hulls that are released for the weekly were tier 4 prizes before. Hell, I spent 24/7 to get the vanilla BC to get the vanilla SC. Now I can get better hulls simply from doing weekly.
    And Kixeye is always fixing issues on the back end, taking staff off of new features won't get it done any faster (9 women can't make a baby in 1 month), and stagnation can easily kill a game.

General rule of thumb in this game is if you beat someone you are a hacker, if you lose to them you suck. - Jake.Ohara10

• longnastysilver
    longnastysilver
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 283
    The pictures below sum up why a monthly raid.  Any further questions?
    Internet tough guy
    Someone who constantly talks about how bad and "hardcore" they are over the the internet. These people usually frequent chat rooms and online forums for the sole purpose of **** talking and gloating to complete strangers to fill the void in their life, something that dosen't impress someone in the REAL WORLD. 
  • Kindman
    Kindman
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 629

This style of raids should be fit in between the raids in which new pries/hulls are to be released. 
    Well, U already got the weekly for that. Those hulls that are released for the weekly were tier 4 prizes before. Hell, I spent 24/7 to get the vanilla BC to get the vanilla SC. Now I can get better hulls simply from doing weekly.
    No, previously released good hulls like Spectre, Cuda, Mercury, Mauler, etc cannot be released in weekly missions. Not atleast now. Maybe after an year. 
  • phroxenphyre
    phroxenphyre
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 5,342
    I'd get bored with the game if raids were every two months.

One of the key skills in this game is managing your Shipyard and choosing what needs to be built and what doesn't. Most hulls shouldn't ever be built. When I plan fleets, I don't make a list of hulls that haven't been built yet. I make a list of fleet roles that I don't have yet and then choose which hull would best suit that role. I could get new hulls every day but if none of them were suited to the roles I wanted to build, it wouldn't add a single minute to my Shipyard queue.
    Out of retirement
  • fubar1971
    fubar1971
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 487
    Every month is great. 

Exactly as Hitman said. 
    If you dont want to compete for a prize in a raid, feel free to sit it out and finish your builds

I would hate it if there was a raid every 3 months, if something came up and i didnt have time to play, i could go a year having only entered one raid. 

I think it would be a great idea to have the same raid twice in a month (but you may only enter one of them) 
    If i was busy during the 15th august raid. i could do the 28th august raid instead.

As long as kix continues to re-release hulls i dont stress about missing raid prizes. 

PS im hanging out for D5-X to come back! epic special... And halos... But...it gives me something to look forward to
    actually, i  think you may have something here about having it twice per month but only being allowed to enter 1 time. it might even make it so that people that do not now play during events due to lack of time being able to compete and actually get event prizes.
    battlepirates
    sector 189
    level 64

war commander
    sector 28
    level 28
  • ACJ73
    ACJ73
    Incursion Leader
    I'd get bored with the game if raids were every two months.

One of the key skills in this game is managing your Shipyard and choosing what needs to be built and what doesn't. Most hulls shouldn't ever be built. When I plan fleets, I don't make a list of hulls that haven't been built yet. I make a list of fleet roles that I don't have yet and then choose which hull would best suit that role. I could get new hulls every day but if none of them were suited to the roles I wanted to build, it wouldn't add a single minute to my Shipyard queue.
    Dont see the difference being bored with waiting for hulls and being bored cuz we go back to "old days" when the raids weren't so frequent.
    And Kixeye is always fixing issues on the back end, taking staff off of new features won't get it done any faster (9 women can't make a baby in 1 month), and stagnation can easily kill a game.

General rule of thumb in this game is if you beat someone you are a hacker, if you lose to them you suck. - Jake.Ohara10

• barrywaynemartin
    barrywaynemartin
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 71
    I look forward to the monthly events.  If it's too much for you, sit it out.
  • ACJ73
    ACJ73
    Incursion Leader
    I look forward to the monthly events.  If it's too much for you, sit it out.
    Troll. U are still missing the point of the OP.

• BladeII
    BladeII
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 403
    i'm just collecting BP's for my collection, hulls will eventually be build, maybe...

challenge is to get top stuf without use of coins :P
  • The Pale Horse
    The Pale Horse
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 15
    I love these treads. When I am doing repairs I like to read these to pass the time. Some people don't get it and its so funny. Raids will start to be sooner and sooner its about the money. The game is already bloated and haul heavy but like it was already posted you dnt have to build every haul and you dnt need 5 of each. More and more are using 3 and even 2 hauls per fleet. You add a arb and there you go. The mini or weekly love them you can do them for free if you have been building the right fleets. With every new weapon you get a new spin on old builds. Example took my dread x fleet of 5 and my 2 BS and my 1 Triton and made two new fleets. I have the triton and two dreads with the new B morts great fleet took my other 3 dread and 2 Bs refit with Q morts got a second fleet. So using what i had and doing refits got 2 new fleets in less than time than it would take to build 1 of the new SCX. Think smarter not harder and stop b!tching.  
  • ACJ73
    ACJ73
    Incursion Leader
    I love these treads. When I am doing repairs I like to read these to pass the time. Some people don't get it and its so funny. Raids will start to be sooner and sooner its about the money. The game is already bloated and haul heavy but like it was already posted you dnt have to build every haul and you dnt need 5 of each. More and more are using 3 and even 2 hauls per fleet. You add a arb and there you go. The mini or weekly love them you can do them for free if you have been building the right fleets. With every new weapon you get a new spin on old builds. Example took my dread x fleet of 5 and my 2 BS and my 1 Triton and made two new fleets. I have the triton and two dreads with the new B morts great fleet took my other 3 dread and 2 Bs refit with Q morts got a second fleet. So using what i had and doing refits got 2 new fleets in less than time than it would take to build 1 of the new SCX. Think smarter not harder and stop b!tching.  
    Mate, we all do that, everyone of us. There is nothing smart about that - its pure automation and simple mechanics. That is not the point of the OP. Most of my raid prizes were won by missile BB and missile levi and later thud SWs and now Im hoping my refitted (once again) SCs with rippers will help me along. Never got the time to build DNX or MCX or triton or combi thereof fleets.

So as long I as can get most prizes with SWs, so be it. Would rather aim a bit higher, but what the heck.
    And as long as the raid is monthly, I'll probably do the monthly.
    Still... 

• B_B_K
    B_B_K
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 205
    Hitman007 said:
    I keep hearing this nasty rumor that kixeye listens to us. I find that to be untrue. They do what they want and change the rules when the mood strikes or they can make more money off people who play their game. Case in point the June Poll which asked which ship did people want for a second prize. By almost a 2 to 1 margin the toilet won over the mc so kixeye put the mc in as the june 4th tier prize.

Old game which was much more fun:
    -Raids every 3 months
    -video was out a week before
    -you had time to prepare fleets
    -fleets fixed for free before raid
    -no mini raids
    -no alliance points
    -graphics just fine few problems with the game

New game 
    -raid every month when fleets take 2 months minimum to build 
    -video out the day before a raid
    -fleets not fixed
    -change formats catching people unprepared
    -weekly alliance points
    -weekly mini's
    -graphics updated screwed up game
    -most people want a dry dock ceo says no

Kixeye wonders why game is dying????

• starbl4107
    starbl4107
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 631
    Stupid **** poll... Kixeye is a business... Needs to make a profit in order to operate. HELLO
    speaking of a stupid comment, i'd bet you if they spread the raids a bit more, then more people would spend and those that do would still shell out

kixeye has it setup this way to try and force people to pay, common knowledge a happy customer would be willing to spend more
  • shane.a.cooper
    shane.a.cooper
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 296
    Let's start off with this again...
    This game is not about you having fun.  It's about Kix allowing you the opportunity to have fun as long as they make money.

Quick raid times mean that unless you are willing to coin-build a fleet, you will most likely always be behind and unprepared for the next one.
    Last raid offered the SCX and D35-Z as top prizes.  Build time for 1 SCX with 6 D35-Z, three specials and four armor = 22 Days, 21 Hours, 28 Minutes.  Five of them would be:
    114 DAYS - 11 HOURS - 20 MINUTES
    That's 3-4 raids away at one a month.  Wish you luck.

Also, now that everyone has gotten used to building for missile and ballistic resistance, explosion damage is sure to top the list of weapons used for next raid.

As a rule...just sit back and say..."If wanted to make the next raid a real pain in the a$$...how would I set it up?"  Then put your evil, greedy corporation hat on and come up with something.

Works for the rest of us  : )

X
    My only wish is that Will and Barack had grown up together.  :- )
  • ACJ73
    ACJ73
    Incursion Leader
    RI Sensei said:
    I dont think he is trolling. It is simple....dont engage in it. It is there for those who want it. I think those complaining are compelled to play so they dont miss out on something .....so they wish there was no mission. A bit selfish if you ask me.
    Wauw, a real solid expert into the hearts of men. What an insight into the wants and desires of every gamer! Can I please kowtow before you?

• Ascension
    Ascension
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 26,257
    Hitman007 said:
    What? A mod troll? Expressing hopes to get something done differently has always been a major property of a forum. Why suddenly change that?

I dont mind raids every month, but I'd rather have it less frequently.
    It's not trolling, it's the truth.

You do not (and never have needed) to do every event to stay competitive in this game. 

Anyone who says otherwise is clueless.

Forum banned by a hypocrite at Kixeye.

• Chepus
    Chepus
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 581
    I believe the purpose of the poll was to garner opinion about the subject. It has nothing to do with wanting a raid every month or not.....simply, "what would you prefer?" It's called feedback and every large successful company uses it and acts on it to keep it's profits intact and retain its customers.

A company that ignores the majority of it's customers has no long term future (long term is not 5 years). So it's just a poll, give your answer, say why you gave that answer and don't attack others for their opinions. Opinions are cheap, everyone has one and no one is interested in yours.........lol.
  • EvilGeniusReborn
    EvilGeniusReborn
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 3,269
    It would get too boring to have 7 weeks of FM missions in-between raids

Kixeye. Killing the game, one upgrade at a time.