Should bubbling a base commit the attacker to the time limit?

bepeco
bepeco
Minor Nuisance
Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 240
edited 17 Jul 2013, 11:13AM
Following up on this poll: 'should base battles be like ship battles....once begun they cannot be stopped' http://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/379030 about whether attacking fleets can just bug out when they want, everybody is saying no because it stops fleet prepping. But what if you hit the 25% damage threshold should you then be committed to finishing the battle? That way Spectres still work but poor base hitters get punished? EDIT - Following suggestions, let's amend it so that people can bug out after hitting 25% by sailing to the edge of the map. What I want to stop is people bugging out in the middle of my channel as the turrets blast them to smithereens. Please NOTE: I WANT TO SINK BASE-HITTING FLEETS. I CAN'T IF THEY RUN AWAY WHEN THEY ARE LOSING.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ― Bernard M. Baruch 

Should bubbling a base commit the attacker to the time limit? 151 votes

Yes
28% 43 votes
No
71% 108 votes
  • BLACK CAESAR
    BLACK CAESAR
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,362
    Why another one of these polls? Keep it the way it is. Why change something that isn't broke for the non-thinking, lazy base layout making, no skill having players?
    Blah blah blah just stfu foolio!!!
  • bepeco
    bepeco
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 14 Jul 2013, 2:28AM

Why another one of these polls? Keep it the way it is. Why change something that isn't broke for the non-thinking, lazy base layout making, no skill having players?
    Because as you seem to think that I am the 'non-thinking, lazy base layout making, no skill having player' it's really annoying when my base layout does it's job and I'm pummelling a 'non-thinking, lazy wannabe base hitter' they bug out. I get a 6 hour bubble at best and by the time I log on to repair the bubble has gone, so I'm down and the next hitter has an easy job for no effort. 

If you go for my base then be prepared to commit to it.

EDIT - I stand corrected, the minimum bubble is 12 hours. My apologies.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ― Bernard M. Baruch 

• smilingtman
    smilingtman
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 261
    Sounds like your crying about your base is getting hit and bubbled but not for the 36 hours. They have changed enough crap do to crying. They keep making it easier for base fleet to get caught with this new turning crap they added. You have base guards now which is stupid as hell. They have to stop making the game for cry babies that dont want to learn or work on playing the game. Like taking the skill out of hitting bases with this click and go fleets for hitting bases and we wont say anything about this **** makeing SQ bases where you cant hit the ops with out a BB lmao. Wish they would put back the skill end of the game and let the CRIERS cry. Next Kixeye will give out life time bubbles to this people and really kill the game off for those that love to play it.
  • BLACK CAESAR
    BLACK CAESAR
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,362
    bepeco said:

Because as you seem to think that I am the 'non-thinking, lazy base layout making, no skill having player' it's really annoying when my base layout does it's job and I'm pummelling a 'non-thinking, lazy wannabe base hitter' they bug out. I get a 6 hour bubble at best and by the time I log on to repair the bubble has gone, so I'm down and the next hitter has an easy job for no effort. 

It's no ones fault but your own if you can't hit the repair button. There are apps on cell phones that will allow you to do that. Since when does prepping a base mean your aren't committed to flatten it? That is someone's intention to begin with unless they want to do other unsavory things you may dislike. Some people over prep, and that is a free bubble for you. What more can you ask for? SInce when has there been a 6 hour bubble? I could have sworn they were 12, 24, and 36 hour bubbles.
    Blah blah blah just stfu foolio!!!
  • smilingtman
    smilingtman
    Minor Nuisance
    bepeco said:

From what i know at 25% you get a 12 hour bubble. so i dont know where your 6 hours is coming from. at 8 hits its a hour bubble. So if they are doing between 25 and 50% damage to your base every time maybe you should thing about putting more things out front for more damage to get over the 50% for the 24 hour bubble. 
  • bepeco
    bepeco
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 13 Jul 2013, 1:59PM
    It's no ones fault but your own if you can't hit the repair button. There are apps on cell phones that will allow you to do that. Since when does prepping a base mean your aren't committed to flatten it? That is someone's intention to begin with unless they want to do other unsavory things you may dislike. Some people over prep, and that is a free bubble for you. What more can you ask for? SInce when has there been a 6 hour bubble? I could have sworn they were 12, 24, and 36 hour bubbles.
    Oh I'm sorry, forgot that you can't have a life away from BP. I accept I get hit, it doesn't bother me. Press repair and in a couple of hours I can get my fleets out again or coin the dock so I can get on with FMs or raids. But I do spend hours fiddling with my base to make it as difficult as possible to crack and I am denied the satisfaction of seeing their fleet drop to the bottom of my channel when they realise they aren't going to make it. 

I'm not asking to make base hitting easier/harder, just that if you've started, finish it for better or for worse. 

As an aside it would also make it that little bit more of a pain for friends to bubble you against real attacks.

• smilingtman
    smilingtman
    Minor Nuisance
    all this would do is make them wait to time out bud 

• bepeco
    bepeco
    Minor Nuisance
    bepeco said:

From what i know at 25% you get a 12 hour bubble. so i dont know where your 6 hours is coming from. at 8 hits its a hour bubble. So if they are doing between 25 and 50% damage to your base every time maybe you should thing about putting more things out front for more damage to get over the 50% for the 24 hour bubble. 
    OK, my bad on the 6 hour bubble, thought it was. My base is built around a turret nest that the attackers have to go around. I haven't worked out a way of incorporating the extra buildings around the channel yet. Last time I tried I was getting sniped. 

all this would do is make them wait to time out bud 

Nope, because once they're into firing range they would have to turn around to get out, not easy when there's Arc3 and VMs dropping on your head. 

• Trogar
    Trogar
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 13,085
    No such thing as a 6 hr bubble. If ur base is taking just enuf dmg for a 12 hr bubble, everything hit at that time will be repaired before your bubble drops, minus the OP or LP, and if they are getting those, change ur base! If you are spending hours in the base planner, good for you, but don't whine that the game should be changed due to your OCD... Play the game!
  • bepeco
    bepeco
    Minor Nuisance
    Trogar said:
    No such thing as a 6 hr bubble. If ur base is taking just enuf dmg for a 12 hr bubble, everything hit at that time will be repaired before your bubble drops, minus the OP or LP, and if they are getting those, change ur base! If you are spending hours in the base planner, good for you, but don't whine that the game should be changed due to your OCD... Play the game!
    First:
    bepeco said:
    OK, my bad on the 6 hour bubble, thought it was.
    You make the assumption that we'er all sat at our computers 24/7. Most of the hits I take seem to come at 1 or 2am, so I'm assuming it's mostly Yanks and Canucks. Being over here in Blighty means we run to a different clock and I'm not awake to press the repair button. 

Second - why say whine? What is it about asking for opinions that makes everybody so obnoxious? If you don't want it changed, say so. But don't try to belittle my opinion by saying I have a rubbish base or tell me to play the game - I am playing the game! Level 51 and counting. 

I would like to see the change as I want to enjoy the game more, and the gutless wimps that bug out when their fleets are getting hammered deserve a dead fleet not a bloody nose.

• Uncle Buck
    Uncle Buck
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 310
    I also think fleet vs fleet and drac base/hub battles should have a retreat button.

• smilingtman
    smilingtman
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 13 Jul 2013, 2:59PM
    Bepeco im a level 62 now but from the time i started to play this game it has been this way. I know it sucks but its part of the game. if you keep getting hit and they are not getting in and giving you a bubble you should be proud of your base. I know it suck to log off go do what you need to and come back hours later and see that you got hit about a hour after you logged off and loose all that time in research upgrade ect but its the game and a good way to get people to coin to get what they want. I have done every thing the long way so it takes much longer with being hit. again its the beast of the game we play.
  • ProNoobs
    ProNoobs
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 895
    You a game changer?

Better make a new game than letting your idea comming through 

No1 in Sector 1 and 3 noobs.

ProNoobs

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSuperAassi

Don`t borry tumorrow chopin!http://

• bepeco
    bepeco
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 13 Jul 2013, 3:41PM
    Bepeco im a level 62 now but from the time i started to play this game it has been this way. I know it sucks but its part of the game. if you keep getting hit and they are not getting in and giving you a bubble you should be proud of your base. I know it suck to long off go do what you need to and come back hours later and see that you got it about a hour after you logged off and loose all that time in research upgrade ect but it the game and a good way to get people to coin to get what they want. I have done every thing the long way so it takes much longer with being hit. again its the beast of the game we play.

If you want the game to stay the way it is say nothing. Don't give your opinion. Don't come on the forum. Hold it all back and let Kixeye milk you gently. But your argument is - 'I've hated that part of it all the way up to where I am now and by the gods you should hate it just as much too'. Sorry, but that doesn't appeal.

I've reasoned my case - if you attack my base to the point you bubbled it, you shouldn't have the right to pull out mid-battle just so you can have a smaller repair bill. You got to live with the consequences.

I have read every single comment and not a single person has said WHY the current situation is better than what I am suggesting. I've got a lot of name calling, a lot of sniffy replies, but not a single reasoned argument. 

You a game changer?

Better make a new game than letting your idea comming through 
    What are the consequences of removing the right to leave once you've hit 25% and until you've killed the OP? Are you saying that base hitters will no longer want to hit bases? KillerBee, I'd like to understand your viewpoint on this...

• smilingtman
    smilingtman
    Minor Nuisance
    its a war game and in war people do retreat if they see out come doesnt look good. alot of people  that play dont coin so why add repair time to a fleet to just wait longer to play again. find a sector that the coiners dont care and they will run a missile fleet in your base till dead then hit with a click and go fleet and they just repair them so you will have your hits that you want. takes skill to get in to a base and it also take skill to know that you cant make it in and retreat and not just kill your fleet. so with that your saying take out the skill of knowing your not going to make it and to bad for you a dead fleet.

• smilingtman
    smilingtman
    Minor Nuisance
    Just so you know once you hit around level 60  then NO ONE hits you then you will be saying that and will welcome any hit you get lol 
  • bepeco
    bepeco
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 13 Jul 2013, 4:24PM
    its a war game and in war people do retreat if they see out come doesnt look good. 

If you're saying it should be a war simulation then if you want to retreat you ought to run to the edge of the map. 
    takes skill to get in to a base and it also take skill to know that you cant make it in and retreat and not just kill your fleet. so with that your saying take out the skill of knowing your not going to make it and to bad for you a dead fleet.
    Absolutely agree it takes a certain level of skill to get into a base and it definitely requires good judgement to know that you can overcome the defences. But how is it 'skill' when you judged it wrong, seeing that your fleet is dying and pressing a rather large button at the top of the screen?

• bepeco
    bepeco
    Minor Nuisance
    Just so you know once you hit around level 60  then NO ONE hits you then you will be saying that and will welcome any hit you get lol 
    Was wondering about this recently. Once I get Halos, Javelins and toilets why would people attack me? I was thinking maybe we should have a sign we could put up on the base saying 'come and have a go if you think you're hard enough'.

• wesker
    wesker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 5,473
    your still retarded
    Decimate the Weak

Ships Won: who cares you will see them :D 
    BP-ID: 1824740....lvl 72

• bepeco
    bepeco
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 13 Jul 2013, 5:07PM
    wesker said:
    your still retarded
    Well reasoned, I see. It's "You're" you meant to write, I'm sure, and to be 'still retarded' I'm afraid you'll have to remind me when last you called me that?
    Wulf said:
    the idea sucks and your argument for it is invalid.
    Change your base layout.
    If it's invalid, explain why. Or is the rage inside too great to press those darn buttons? 

But thanks for voting anyway!

• Scott Richards
    Scott Richards
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 151
    How is 'should be' is: 

If you accidentally hit 25% then you ARE committed to battle (no retreat button), BUT: you can still 'retreat' if you actually retreat your fleet back out of the base to a designated spot where the retreat button then becomes active again.

• Le Wulf
    Le Wulf
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 6,063
    bepeco said:
    wesker said:
    your still retarded
    Well reasoned, I see. It's "You're" you meant to write, I'm sure, and to be 'still retarded' I'm afraid you'll have to remind me when last you called me that?
    Wulf said:
    the idea sucks and your argument for it is invalid.
    Change your base layout.
    If it's invalid, explain why. Or is the rage inside too great to press those darn buttons? 

But thanks for voting anyway!
    The rage is clearly with you from your response.

the explanation is : Your base bubbles too quickly so work out how to change it rather than changing the game itself.
    But just seen the CEO vote Yes so oh well thats way it goes.
  • bigdaddy422
    bigdaddy422
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 193
    bepeco said:

Sorry, but I have to call you out on the stupidity of not only this post but also this statement. There are NO 6 hour bubbles! There is a 1 hour (attacked 8 times), a 12 hour (25%-49%), a 24 hour (50%-74%), and finally a 36 hour (75%-100%). If you do not believe me, please feel free to check my facts or ask any REAL player. Get over it. Kixeye screws up enough without needing to change more things for the cry babies like yourself. Why fix what isn't broken? I'm sure everyone remembers the change to battlelogs. See how well that went? Don't like the way the game is played? Don't play it.
    BigDaddy422
    user id 479544 LVL 67
    Eternal Holy Chaos Leader
    Sector 361
    We travel weekly hit where we want and have fun doing it.

Raid Hulls won: Everything but the PN. If I want it I will get it.
  • Le Wulf
    Le Wulf
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 6,063
    wow it never occured to me there was no 6 hour bubbles **** i am dumb - i been playing since blackwater and ever bothered to learn the times of them ho hummdy doo dar day.
  • burninwolf
    burninwolf
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,652
    bepeco said:

If you want the game to stay the way it is say nothing. Don't give your opinion. Don't come on the forum. 
    So basically if a player votes no they should not post on this thread? Your not looking for peoples opinion you just want agreement with your "idea". Well tough **** I vote no because it works correctly and if you want to retreat you should be able to. Just because your base has taken damage and you have not repaired in time how is that everyone else's problem? it is not about being on 24/7 its about being prepared. If you know you always get hit at 1-2am then why have you not done something about that? why should kixeye change something because YOU don't play at the right times or not enough.

This is a whine and I shall reword it for you:

My base got hit and I lost my bubble before I was fully repaired! this is not fair! change it!.

That is what I see from your posts all of them not just your original post and you have down played everyone who has commented with a no with a smart **** remark so yes you are whining.
  • Pirate_Steve
    Pirate_Steve
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,952
    No.  Because of the repair times on my basers, I want to be able to hit more than one or two bases a day.  
  • Dan_J71
    Dan_J71
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 67
    I like it that they can leave and come back with another fleet after prepping my base. Sometimes I come online while they are prepping my base and when the leave to bring in main attack fleet I deploy another defense fleet and usually kill them because the finishing fleet is usually minimally armed and easy to kill unless they jump out again and run away, either way I win.
  • Stormcatcher
    Stormcatcher
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 368
    Sounds like he getting tired of being prepped with one fleet and getting flatten by another fleet. Hey that BP if you don't like it go play something else.

You sank my Battleship!!