let the lower levels grow again kix

psykik simon
psykik simon
Skilled Warrior
Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 338
edited 1 Jul 2013, 11:09PM
ok yes weekly mission give you a 1 in 10 chance of grabbing the bc, but what about them lvl 40s who are growing and really want to get into the game but cant get any payback, like a lot of low level or mid level as u like to call them they have their base hammered and cant get pay back with hammer heads really now can they, maybe if they had hammerhead B but how many in that lvl have that?

so maybe next raid you could do a t 3 special for them like oh i dunno a hull everyone has above lvl 55 the battleship or something or put it in as a T 3 weekly prize then after 50 days( less if they coin build which ppl will be more inclinded to do if they got a decent hull) of mortar build they could get payback then you wont have so many ppl getting fed up of being bombed and giving up

i used to be one of these ppl i know till i got hammerhead B and now got the mauler i will be going to do get some payback but it took me getting to level 50 now before i could get a T4 raid prize give the 40 to 50s something to do instead of sitting and watching playback!!!

dont forget they are the future of being paying participates in future raids and if they manage to get a half decent hull dont you think they will coin builds, i mean who ever coined a ff or hh build i never did....

just an idea,
spelling might be wrong to all the trolls......CBA
  • Doombunny
    Doombunny
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,332
    RW Miller said:
    Yeah lets just give the little guys something that so many had to wait and work for lets just make it easy for them..LMAO  If this game is too hard then they might want to look into a lil place called farmville.. Seriously.... who starts out in a game like this and expects to be able to do the same things as those who have played for years???

Take some time build your base when you are small then all this smashing wouldnt happen.. Everyone wants ships then cries because they dont know how to protect their base because they were too busy building fleets..lol  useless fleets at that.

If thats the way the game will be then it should be fair for all levels to hit all levels  hehehe

You keep rejecting this idea you wont have any sheep left to feed on.  Be careful what you wish for.  Besides, if a hammerhead is a credible threat to your base maybe you deserve to be a farm.
  • III-NEMESIS-III
    III-NEMESIS-III
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 472
    The 2 first good posts after 5 days. . .

I agree with you guys .

KIXEYE gave us nothing.

Tier 1,2,3 are nothing. 

• Modest Elitist
    Modest Elitist
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,928
    edited 1 Jul 2013, 11:21PM
    ok yes weekly mission give you a 1 in 10 chance of grabbing the bc, but what about them lvl 40s who are growing and really want to get into the game but cant get any payback, like a lot of low level or mid level as u like to call them they have their base hammered and cant get pay back with hammer heads really now can they, maybe if they had hammerhead B but how many in that lvl have that?

so maybe next raid you could do a t 3 special for them like oh i dunno a hull everyone has above lvl 55 the battleship or something or put it in as a T 3 weekly prize then after 50 days( less if they coin build which ppl will be more inclinded to do if they got a decent hull) of mortar build they could get payback then you wont have so many ppl getting fed up of being bombed and giving up

i used to be one of these ppl i know till i got hammerhead B and now got the mauler i will be going to do get some payback but it took me getting to level 50 now before i could get a T4 raid prize give the 40 to 50s something to do instead of sitting and watching playback!!!

dont forget they are the future of being paying participates in future raids and if they manage to get a half decent hull dont you think they will coin builds, i mean who ever coined a ff or hh build i never did....

just an idea,
    spelling might be wrong to all the trolls......CBA

Well the lower levels shouldnt get something they didn't work for. If you're in an alliance your buds can get you tier4 or 5 for you, so if they made a good prize hull tier3 that's more of a hand out than it already is.

RW Miller said:
    Yeah lets just give the little guys something that so many had to wait and work for lets just make it easy for them..LMAO  If this game is too hard then they might want to look into a lil place called farmville.. Seriously.... who starts out in a game like this and expects to be able to do the same things as those who have played for years???

Take some time build your base when you are small then all this smashing wouldnt happen.. Everyone wants ships then cries because they dont know how to protect their base because they were too busy building fleets..lol  useless fleets at that.

If thats the way the game will be then it should be fair for all levels to hit all levels  hehehe

You're right about the base part, if he's lvl 40 by the time he's 46 or 47 he should have a good base guard and a decent design.
    If the higher ups already worked hard for a hull, GOOD JOB but the point of older hulls being made easier to get is there are new hulls which can be better and they need
    to be hard to get so as a result the older hulls get made easier to get.
    Level:100
    Played Originally in Nov 2011.
  • ReLeNtLeSs
    ReLeNtLeSs
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 17
    i think i was lvl 35 or 36 wen i got the battleship......... not a very good hull if ya ask me

HULLs: Hammerhead A, Hammerhead B, Battle Barge A, Levi A, Sea Scorpion A, 
     corvette, Frigate, Destroyer, Destroyer X, Light Cruiser, Light Cruiser X, BattleShip, Juggernaut, Mercury, Hurricane, Spectre, Barracuda, Battle Cruiser, Battle Cruiser X, Mauler, Missile Cruiser, Dreadnought X

Level: 56 And Hit IN-SECTOR  and  MEMORIALS :D

ID: 10mil

Sectors: 4, 29, 92, 108, 118, 119, 166, 172, 222, 223, 224, 246, 284, 310, 349, 355, 364, 458, 467, 469, 480, 496 
     (I'm A Roamer)
    Sector 224 Is My Home :) 

• psykik simon
    psykik simon
    Skilled Warrior

from what early raids i did and from what i have talked to alliance members about( i dont make posts lightly just thinking them up), they told me the early raid were easy to the point all they used were sw,s instant repair fleets,so wow u worked really hard early days , raid comes, boom ,instant repairs, boom, next lot of points etc etc most in my alli, said they had raid prize in a few hours, using sw,s only trouble they had was getting res to repair em quick enough, yes the raids got much harder so yes the little man , mid lvl man should have the chance to get a mid level hull or ya just scared that some lvl 45 with bs will farm you!!! 
    im not speaking bout giving it to them nor am i saying give everyone a dread, mid level player mid lvl hull, more people playing more fun in the game
    like i said since getting better hull myself the difference has been vast but even at lvl 50 i needed help on last few in raid, with bs or similar maybe they will have better chance of getting past T 3 in a raid

what gets me is i saw a level 71 hitting a 40 other day and the 40 had lvl 3 vm,s i mean im all game for cutting off the restrictions at lvl 40 and not talking about base defence im taking about going and giving payback , im sure i put it in o.p  , most probably the 71 base would kill lvl 40/45/50 in first few guns but at least he was able to hit 1st few turrets whereas with going in with ff or hh they would get near 1st turret,
    not talking bout myself doing good now i have decent [email protected] and would love to go back and forth with people my level makes it more fun

• psykik simon
    psykik simon
    Skilled Warrior
    RW Miller said:

didnt say lvl 1 re read op

• Modest Elitist
    Modest Elitist
    i think i was lvl 35 or 36 wen i got the battleship......... not a very good hull if ya ask me

What are you smoking? people lvl 35 or 36 don't really have good bp weapons or lvl 3 specials, that's why you don't think it was very good.
  • psykik simon
    psykik simon
    Skilled Warrior
    he may have been on about lvl 35 old lvls perhaps 
  • Target
    Target
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 4,296
    I know you have already said the BC is available from the FM. But the new raid format also allows them to reach tier 4 in raids easily with help. Casting my mind back to last year the stepping stones to progress are so much better now. The only thing that could be done without making it unfair is to put the BC out as a tier 3 prize in a raid or even another variant of it.
  • Modest Elitist
    Modest Elitist
    he may have been on about lvl 35 old lvls perhaps 
    Yeah I could understand that, most people who were old lvl 35 have hulls way better than BS but it's still stupid to say it's not very good.
  • bruce_lee
    bruce_lee
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1,735

I went from Levies and predator subs to the Battleship and it was a game changer for me at that time. Other then being terribly slow, it is still a decent hull today for FvF.
  • Fractal
    Fractal
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 2,425
    I think the Mercury and Mauler are great hulls for low to medium level players. They are somewhat in reach, perhaps with a bit of help. And with the battle cruisers as mission prizes, there are much better opportunities for lower level players than ever. I am sure eventually you will see other top prize hulls re-offered as tier 4 as well. The best thing any lower level player can do is get the lower tier prizes, the specials and armours. Some of that stuff can really set your game up a notch when used on the hulls you already have available. And of course when you do get better hulls, youve got great tech to put on them. 
    Playing since Feb 2012.  Originally sector 304
  • RW Miller
    RW Miller
    Master Tactician
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 2,136
    How does giving someone a hull when so many had to work for it going to help the game??  Its not about feeding on smaller players its about how the game works...

The idea that smaller players cant win these prizes is just plain BS  maybe in the past that was so but the last 6 raids there were many people who got  hulls and still hadnt hit enough salvages to put decent weapons on them...  I have seen lvl 38's running around with tritons mercurys and even threshers...  Some did this with hard work and Battle barges and help from others some even used coins but the fact remains if you want the prize you will figure a way to get it when its offered or God Forbid wait until its released next time..

If you cant reach top tier there is no shame in that chances are the hull you are after you dont even need yet....  Not long ago people were happy to make tier 2 or 3.. I see people who are glad they completed tier one and they are happy they did it all on their own..

If people know they have to work to win a raid they will get ready for it .. We dont see much of that anymore alot of smaller guys build instant repair Sws months ago and wonder why they dont work anymore.... If you dont learn anything from this game you will learn patience.. The average time to have a decent baser fleet built from the day you start use to be about a year now its about 6 months time..

I dont believe someone who doesnt have weapons researched, are still missing most blueprints, still doesnt have du4 on base or even researched, still has level three turrets with no specials should be basically handed a hull that others had to work hard to get.. By workiong hard I mean took the time built fleets and did the events by themselves to get the prize..

What I find funny is when the events were team hit outposts everyone wanted to do them by themselves, these past few raids everyone wants to team up ...It simply boils down to if you want the prize being awarded its up to you to get it.. Big player little player it doesnt matter all you have to do is look on the map and see low level players with top raid prizes  somehow they were able to do it .   It isnt impossible unless you just expect it to land in your base by wishing for it

• Modest Elitist
    Modest Elitist
    RW Miller said:
    How does giving someone a hull when so many had to work for it going to help the game??  Its not about feeding on smaller players its about how the game works...

The idea that smaller players cant win these prizes is just plain BS  maybe in the past that was so but the last 6 raids there were many people who got  hulls and still hadnt hit enough salvages to put decent weapons on them...  I have seen lvl 38's running around with tritons mercurys and even threshers...  Some did this with hard work and Battle barges and help from others some even used coins but the fact remains if you want the prize you will figure a way to get it when its offered or God Forbid wait until its released next time..

If you cant reach top tier there is no shame in that chances are the hull you are after you dont even need yet....  Not long ago people were happy to make tier 2 or 3.. I see people who are glad they completed tier one and they are happy they did it all on their own..

If people know they have to work to win a raid they will get ready for it .. We dont see much of that anymore alot of smaller guys build instant repair Sws months ago and wonder why they dont work anymore.... If you dont learn anything from this game you will learn patience.. The average time to have a decent baser fleet built from the day you start use to be about a year now its about 6 months time..

I dont believe someone who doesnt have weapons researched, are still missing most blueprints, still doesnt have du4 on base or even researched, still has level three turrets with no specials should be basically handed a hull that others had to work hard to get.. By workiong hard I mean took the time built fleets and did the events by themselves to get the prize..

What I find funny is when the events were team hit outposts everyone wanted to do them by themselves, these past few raids everyone wants to team up ...It simply boils down to if you want the prize being awarded its up to you to get it.. Big player little player it doesnt matter all you have to do is look on the map and see low level players with top raid prizes  somehow they were able to do it .   It isnt impossible unless you just expect it to land in your base by wishing for it

I fully understand the necessity of planning builds most of these lower levels just want all the good hulls when they don't know how to use them. I got BS with the help of an alliance and mauler this raid but it wasn't until lvl 47 that I built a BS fleet because I had to research all the right things for it. 
    I only think it's bad for lower levels to have tier5 ships when they don't know how to use them.
  • PirateKing-no1
    PirateKing-no1
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 2,224
    edited 2 Jul 2013, 12:59AM
    i think kix need to be more flexable stop catering to high lvl players we play longest put coin in every raid fair enough what happens when we get to a point most of us dont have to would be good if some lowbies had a chance even an old throw away dread i dont care if a lvl40 gets 35% of my base with it its something to keep them going and will cut down a lot of these low hits lol cant say it would be gr8 but im thinking on a whole not just would benefit me

• ice
    ice
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 53
    The problem is equivalent level 40's used to have to defend against FF base fleets.Back then it was possible to stop basers with good design.

No level 40 is going to stop threshers,DNX,MC-X fleets , and those that might have a chance just get prepped by spectres 1st.

The level discrepancy has increased in the big boys favor over the last year due to new overpowered toys.

Glad I have them :)

Ice

• crazyjr
    crazyjr
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,245
    edited 2 Jul 2013, 2:46AM
    the current setup is way easier than before, I'm a 48 and just got where i can hit tier3 without coining. a big help to that was the BC's and the mercury. You have to play and take the ****, to eventually get the good stuff. Honestly, If it were easier, nobody would play, no challenge

• Weresquirrel
    Weresquirrel
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 9,977
    edited 2 Jul 2013, 5:49AM
    A strategy war game is all about relative advantage.  Putting better prizes at tier 3 would not equalize things for the smaller players because all of the stronger players who already own all the toys will collect tier 3 along the way to tier 5.  As a midgame player you also need equipment to put onto a hull once you get it: you need research, you need blueprints from salvage and from events.  Then you need a build from that equipment, and afterward you need combat skills to use the fleet well.  A good hull is not an instant win button.

Those tier 1 through 3 prizes that seem weak at first glance often have very useful applications: a lot of high level players were grateful that the D1M armor returned.  We had been waiting over a year for it.  Didn't matter what tier it came at--we leaped at it.

So in terms of how to get ahead, the thing to do is to gain an understanding of the equipment you do have.  Learn how to use it to your best advantage.  If you aren't ready to take tier 4 by yourself today, then either figure out what you can do between now and next month to bridge that gap or else figure out a way that you can make it worth someone's while to assist you.

What can you do for yourself?
    What can you do for a team?

These are the questions that any successful war gamer asks.  You will not have a complete game at level 45, but you can make yourself good at a couple of things by that time.  And if you choose those advantages well your game rounds out afterward.
  • gamobster
    gamobster
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 75
    The future of the game depends on lower levels coming in. If this trend continues losing more lower levels the game will die
  • Cheesy_Shark_Tongue
    Cheesy_Shark_Tongue
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,914

There are many ways to get back at people that do not involve hitting their base back.

Quit Spring 2015 or so, returned Jan 2019.  
    QUOTE by John Stribling. - Who needs Jerry Springer, when u have forums. LMAO
  • sandhill
    sandhill
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,700

from what early raids i did and from what i have talked to alliance members about( i dont make posts lightly just thinking them up), they told me the early raid were easy to the point all they used were sw,s instant repair fleets,so wow u worked really hard early days , raid comes, boom ,instant repairs, boom, next lot of points etc etc most in my alli, said they had raid prize in a few hours, using sw,s only trouble they had was getting res to repair em quick enough, yes the raids got much harder so yes the little man , mid lvl man should have the chance to get a mid level hull or ya just scared that some lvl 45 with bs will farm you!!! 
    im not speaking bout giving it to them nor am i saying give everyone a dread, mid level player mid lvl hull, more people playing more fun in the game
    like i said since getting better hull myself the difference has been vast but even at lvl 50 i needed help on last few in raid, with bs or similar maybe they will have better chance of getting past T 3 in a raid

what gets me is i saw a level 71 hitting a 40 other day and the 40 had lvl 3 vm,s i mean im all game for cutting off the restrictions at lvl 40 and not talking about base defence im taking about going and giving payback , im sure i put it in o.p  , most probably the 71 base would kill lvl 40/45/50 in first few guns but at least he was able to hit 1st few turrets whereas with going in with ff or hh they would get near 1st turret,
    not talking bout myself doing good now i have decent [email protected] and would love to go back and forth with people my level makes it more fun

Just one thing to say, yr alliance mates that told you the early raids were easy are full of crap....in the first raids if you had a FF flett you were real lucky...the grind was the only way to win any thing ithe the resource raids they didn't use instant repair wolves to win a damned thing...they have been blowing smoke up yr ****
    player ID 56643, start date 28 march 2011.....Lvl 103.... BLACK PIRATES FOREVER
  • Topper5
    Topper5
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,986
    edited 2 Jul 2013, 7:55AM
    sandhill said:Just one thing to say, yr alliance mates that told you the early raids were easy are full of crap....in the first raids if you had a FF flett you were real lucky...the grind was the only way to win any thing ithe the resource raids they didn't use instant repair wolves to win a damned thing...they have been blowing smoke up yr ****
    It was easier back than. I only had a few barges and marauders when lightning raid and fall was running. I hit 2600 targets on auto during lightning raid (lvl 14 and 20 ops + lvl 8 and 16 typhoons). while I was a 32 I had to fight with the level cap (got only 2/3 of the pts cause my targets were 10 level lower than my level). I hit 28 ops on kamikaze to gain 4100 pts each time (but had repair). I won the dnx and later the halo (I played just two days during lightning fall)

With instant sws (eng 1, hb 1, al 1 and thuds) I could have hit 28 hubs for 10k pts each and could have won the mc, D55-F and the mcx and many other hulls.
    It's just math.
    btw, many ppl won several hull including mcx with sws when they were mid 40s or low 50s.

• JoKe
    JoKe
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 1,147

This is just one of those, I play so there for I get. Please, this guy who started the thread is either an expert troll, or is genuine trash. Maybe one of those base designs with 3 vm's and 11 arcs all clustered together. You don't need a hand out, but a slap across the backside of your head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMk5sMHj58I

I go Poopy...Yeah, It was good!!
  • BLACK CAESAR
    BLACK CAESAR
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,362
    The constant posts that are related to this failosophy is derived from folks who are quitters, and people who expect something for nothing. I was once the future of the game, and through will, and determination I have improved. You have to pick people's brain not beg for something. At my level I still post my fleet build, and base layout in my alliance group for constructive criticism. On top of that when I go out to battle whether it be F2F, base hit, or raid I still learn what works best with what I have. As for nothing being on tiers 1-3 I'll have to say it's as good as the eye of the beholder feels about it. Counter measures is awesome imo, and if you think about it it can benefit your base defense if you have hails, and phalanx's. There is too much information available to help you succeed in this game.  If you don't improve from 1 raid to the next then you really have a problem. I don't have any sympathy at all. The tools have always been in front of you. Just look. 
    Blah blah blah just stfu foolio!!!
  • James Dwyer
    James Dwyer
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 91
    The thing I continually read, is everyone saying, work on your base, don't do fleets. If you do that you will have a base that can keep people out. But really these days, that is not the case. You need decent fleets to get top tier raid prizes to get, not the hulls, but the weapons, like Halo, and Javelin, and now the Disruptor cannon, are as important as a good design. I feel working on fleets is now almost more important than base research now, so that you have a chance to get the new base defence weapons.

So stop brow beating people with old fashioned ideas when they want a way to get better hulls that give them a chance to get the prizes that we all have. So what, I worked hard getting them, so long as they put in effort, I see no reason why the Battleship can't be added to forsaken missions, or put in at T3 in monthly raid. Yes it is a good hull, but nowhere near the threat it was even 6-8 months ago. I have a fleet of them I only dust off for monthly raids, and then only for low to middle level targets, and then let repair in my spare time, certainly won't waste coin fixing them, save that for my mainline fleets.
  • beel78
    beel78
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 8,187
    Topper5 said:
    sandhill said:Just one thing to say, yr alliance mates that told you the early raids were easy are full of crap....in the first raids if you had a FF flett you were real lucky...the grind was the only way to win any thing ithe the resource raids they didn't use instant repair wolves to win a damned thing...they have been blowing smoke up yr ****
    It was easier back than. I only had a few barges and marauders when lightning raid and fall was running. I hit 2600 targets on auto during lightning raid (lvl 14 and 20 ops + lvl 8 and 16 typhoons). while I was a 32 I had to fight with the level cap (got only 2/3 of the pts cause my targets were 10 level lower than my level). I hit 28 ops on kamikaze to gain 4100 pts each time (but had repair). I won the dnx and later the halo (I played just two days during lightning fall)

With instant sws (eng 1, hb 1, al 1 and thuds) I could have hit 28 hubs for 10k pts each and could have won the mc, D55-F and the mcx and many other hulls.
    It's just math.
    btw, many ppl won several hull including mcx with sws when they were mid 40s or low 50s.

They are talking about revenge raid since he has said 'early days' several times.  Lightning run was not 'early days'....
  • rustygear
    rustygear
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 980
    The premise of the OP is backwards. The problem for lower levels is not the lack of high level tech but the increase of high level tech for low level players.  Think of the damage a level 30 with a fleet of maulers or mercs can do to those in his bracket that were not handed those toys.

When the raids first started the targets were supposed to be level dependent but kixeye could not get it to work so all targets became open to all levels. This has created a number of  problems, and the expectation that low levels should be able to get high level tech.  So now the game has serious balances issue at every level. First we have low and mid levels with t4 and t5 tech creating havok in their own brackets, then because of this the very same players a re leveling up even faster so they are not properly outfitted to handle the top teir when they get there, creating a demand for even more high tech for lower levels.  No the problem is not the lack of  high tech for lower levels but rather it is the availability of high tech, cheap resources and the coddling of low levels that is the true issue.

• psykik simon
    psykik simon
    Skilled Warrior
    sandhill said:

Just one thing to say, yr alliance mates that told you the early raids were easy are full of crap....in the first raids if you had a FF flett you were real lucky...the grind was the only way to win any thing ithe the resource raids they didn't use instant repair wolves to win a damned thing...they have been blowing smoke up yr ****
    i have to disagree with u too i had battle barge free to repair and won enough points for scorpion A and light cruiser at lvl 30 bud so dont tell me it wasnt easier cuz i know it was , maybe it wasnt for u maybe u didnt have the help n advice i had 
  • psykik simon
    psykik simon
    Skilled Warrior
    Target said:
    I know you have already said the BC is available from the FM. But the new raid format also allows them to reach tier 4 in raids easily with help. Casting my mind back to last year the stepping stones to progress are so much better now. The only thing that could be done without making it unfair is to put the BC out as a tier 3 prize in a raid or even another variant of it.
    battlecruiser **** can also submerge for 25 seconds???? be a good un!!