BP levels, old and new

Weresquirrel
Weresquirrel
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 9,977
In preparation for a revised and updated version of How to Survive Level 40, have been preparing a spreadsheet that compares experience points and levels in the new level system and the old level system.  Current status:

image

This is much more precise than the conversion chart that everybody already knows about.  Data for the old system comes from here.  The new system data was compiled by Orderinchaos and myself. 

Looking to fill in the gaps on the New System:
Levels 2 - 9
Levels 46-48
Levels 57 and above (would be glad to fill in levels above 60 if possible)

If you have data that could assist in completing this table, please post a screen shot of your experience bar with the mouseover report of your current experience and experience needed to reach the next level.
  • Drax
    Drax
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,755
    Hmm, I currently have 73,262,021 points being a level 52 and need 7,353,255 to get to level 53. Does not seem to fit with your table above, not sure if collecting points from the old system and new system mucks things up a bit, but it should not have done.
    ...
  • Weresquirrel
    Weresquirrel
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 9,977
    The addition is correct; please provide a screen shot of your level report.  It's possible that I misinterpreted Orderinchaos's notation when translating his original data to the comparison table.
  • phroxenphyre
    phroxenphyre
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 5,342
    Drax said:
    Hmm, I currently have 73,262,021 points being a level 52 and need 7,353,255 to get to level 53. Does not seem to fit with your table above, not sure if collecting points from the old system and new system mucks things up a bit, but it should not have done.
    It looks like the new system values there are just offset by a row. The 80,615,276 XP mark should be for level 53, not 52.

    Also, I believe Kixeye indicated that the experience for levels 18 and under remained the same. That doesn't seem to fit either.
    Out of retirement
  • Mr. Blizzard
    Mr. Blizzard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 3,176
    edited 11 Jun 2013, 6:36PM
    I have 53,867,848 points, and I'm level 50 so I think the values of 49+ need to shift down one row.
  • Drax
    Drax
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,755
    imageNot attached a pic before lets see if this works
    ...
  • Drax
    Drax
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,755
    Lets try again
    ...
  • Mr. Blizzard
    Mr. Blizzard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 3,176
    I looked at the archives for the thread that talks about this, and here are the results

    • levels 16 and down should be the same XP from the old system, no change at all
    • These values should match up from the old level system (XP from the old system should be at the level the arrow is pointing to for the new system(once you have the data)): 19 => 20, 20 => 21, 21 => 23, 22 => 25, 23 => 26, 24 => 28, 25 => 31, 26 => 33, 27 => 35, 28 => 37, 29 => 40, 30 => 43, 31 => 45, 32 => 48, 33 => 51, 34 => 55, 35=> 59, 36 => 65, 37 => 71, 38 => 78, 39 => 87
  • Weresquirrel
    Weresquirrel
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 9,977
    edited 11 Jun 2013, 7:15PM
    The easiest way to post a screen shot is to first upload here and then paste the resulting URL into Kixeye's picture tool on the edit bar.

    Only data supported by screen shots will be considered for the revised table.

    Yes, it is odd that the experience below level 18 doesn't jibe with Kixeye's original statements.  Also you'll notice the actual level thresholds don't match up as well as the conversion chart that Kixeye published.  The purpose of this research is to collect data independently and with greater accuracy.  So reposting of that old conversion chart just clutters the thread; this is a very specific request.  If you have a relevant screen shot to provide, please do.
  • unforseen_crisis
    unforseen_crisis
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,891
    Lise said:
    In preparation for a revised and updated version of How to Survive Level 40, have been preparing a spreadsheet that compares experience points and levels in the new level system and the old level system.  Current status:

    image

    This is much more precise than the conversion chart that everybody already knows about.  Data for the old system comes from here.  The new system data was compiled by Orderinchaos and myself. 

    Looking to fill in the gaps on the New System:
    Levels 2 - 9
    Levels 46-48
    Levels 57 and above (would be glad to fill in levels above 60 if possible)

    If you have data that could assist in completing this table, please post a screen shot of your experience bar with the mouseover report of your current experience and experience needed to reach the next level.
    wow. you take bp to seriously 
     
  • exracer327
    exracer327
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 595
    I'm about 1/2 way to lvl 60.  According to the info kixeye gives, I'll hit lvl 60 @ 157,159,677 XP.


  • Mr. Blizzard
    Mr. Blizzard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 3,176
    image

    Proof the the 49+ values need to shift.
  • Weresquirrel
    Weresquirrel
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 9,977
    Ok, thanks for the fact check on the level shift.  Still looking to fill in the blank levels. :)
  • Mr. Blizzard
    Mr. Blizzard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 3,176
    Lise said:
    Ok, thanks for the fact check on the level shift.  Still looking to fill in the blank levels. :)
    I'll see what I can get from my friends that play.
  • Weresquirrel
    Weresquirrel
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 9,977
    Lise said:
    Ok, thanks for the fact check on the level shift.  Still looking to fill in the blank levels. :)
    I'll see what I can get from my friends that play.
    Great!  Can't wait to see the screen shots.
    image
  • Zulu Warrior
    Zulu Warrior
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 116
    edited 11 Jun 2013, 8:38PM
    image
  • pheonosis
    pheonosis
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 2,152
    erm how does knowing how old levels compare to new levels help people today survive level 40?
  • Weresquirrel
    Weresquirrel
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 9,977
    pheonosis said:
    erm how does knowing how old levels compare to new levels help people today survive level 40?
    The table has several uses.  One of the most practical aspects is that players who are careful enough to budget their builds and experience points will be able to make plans more than one level in advance.
  • wheelbrad
    wheelbrad
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 143
    heres 58 going to lvl 59
  • pheonosis
    pheonosis
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 2,152
    Lise said:
    pheonosis said:
    erm how does knowing how old levels compare to new levels help people today survive level 40?
    The table has several uses.  One of the most practical aspects is that players who are careful enough to budget their builds and experience points will be able to make plans more than one level in advance.
    granted so why do you need to compare to old levels?
  • phroxenphyre
    phroxenphyre
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 5,342
    pheonosis said:

    granted so why do you need to compare to old levels?
    You don't want her to spill all her secrets before the guide is out, do you?
    Out of retirement
  • Weresquirrel
    Weresquirrel
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 9,977
    edited 11 Jun 2013, 9:36PM
    pheonosis said:

    granted so why do you need to compare to old levels?
    You don't want her to spill all her secrets before the guide is out, do you?
    Apparently the player base includes people who presume that less information is better than more.
  • DeadSinner
    DeadSinner
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 307
    edited 11 Jun 2013, 10:43PM
    Here's mine, from 67 to 68:

    image
    BP UID: 870 - Alpha-tester: I was here before sector 1 existed.
    If you're not having fun with a game, find another game to play.
  • pheonosis
    pheonosis
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 2,152
    edited 11 Jun 2013, 11:04PM
    Lise said:
    pheonosis said:

    granted so why do you need to compare to old levels?
    You don't want her to spill all her secrets before the guide is out, do you?
    Apparently the player base includes people who presume that less information is better than more.
    Theres such a thing as information overload if i was a new player looking at that sheet without really understanding its meaning then its just a bunch of numbers that makes playing a game that should be fun seem like a chore. I agree that generally the more info the better but only when that info is relevant. 

    If i ask what time the 42 bus to town is due to arrive? The person can answer with .. "in 10 minutes" a direct accurate response, they could say "in 10 minutes but the 41 is due in 5 and that goes to town also" an accurate response with relevant added info... or they could reel off the entire bus time table including services which stopped running the previous year by which point i will have probably missed my bus.

    The only real reason for them to know this is so that when they send that message to the lvl 60 odd that just leveled them they can understand when they reply saying it was the same for them when they were lvl 29, its just fuel for an old argument which is kind of irrelevant because anybody at lvl 40 now probably wasn't here for the lvl changes so it means nothing to them.

    If you're unable to give a reason just say so, just say i created this when all the lvls changed and it was a frequently asked question but i see now that it is not important and probably confusing for new players so i shall remove it but thanks for pointing it out pheo, rather than making out i am being ignorant because i pointed out half the info on your sheet has no reason for being there.


  • MuttleyCZY
    MuttleyCZY
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 296
    New system level 48 = 39,510,460 
    Muttley [CZY]
    Welcome to CraZY Town
  • MuttleyCZY
    MuttleyCZY
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 296
    jpg added for verification
    Muttley [CZY]
    Welcome to CraZY Town
  • Weresquirrel
    Weresquirrel
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 9,977
    edited 12 Jun 2013, 12:01AM
    pheonosis said:

    If you're unable to give a reason just say so, just say i created this when all the lvls changed and it was a frequently asked question but i see now that it is not important and probably confusing for new players so i shall remove it but thanks for pointing it out pheo, rather than making out i am being ignorant because i pointed out half the info on your sheet has no reason for being there.
    It's an interesting social phenomenon when someone responds to an invitation for background assistance by attempting to assert control over a project.  If you think you have better ideas for how to structure a guide, then write a guide.  In the meantime please refrain from sidetracking this thread.
  • pheonosis
    pheonosis
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 2,152
    edited 12 Jun 2013, 12:26AM
    Lise said:
    pheonosis said:

    If you're unable to give a reason just say so, just say i created this when all the lvls changed and it was a frequently asked question but i see now that it is not important and probably confusing for new players so i shall remove it but thanks for pointing it out pheo, rather than making out i am being ignorant because i pointed out half the info on your sheet has no reason for being there.
    It's an interesting social phenomenon when someone responds to an invitation for background assistance by attempting to assert control over a project.  If you think you have better ideas for how to structure a guide, then write a guide.  In the meantime please refrain from sidetracking this thread.
    It was never my intent to side track your thread i was just pointing out that you have over complicated it with unnecessary data which may at one point have had a valid reason for being there but since this is going to be the "revised and updated version" then maybe you should rethink its presence within your guide. As i am over lvl 60 i cannot help you with the info you requested so i helped you by adding my own very relevant info which was still on topic. I have no desire to assert my control over your project believe me i just think you need to streamline your approach, remember your audience, do you think somebody who needs a guide to get them through the game is the same kind of person that can be bothered to read a sheet filled with numbers especially when half the numbers don't mean anything? I mean i love making stupid people squirm as much as the next guy but thats just cruel and unusual punishment for the people you say you'r trying to help.
  • freparkng
    freparkng
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,284
    For Subject,   Current  59 and Good,    my guess 200 USD   Coined over 3 years,   my bad.

    will start a thread on this

  • Weresquirrel
    Weresquirrel
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 9,977
    Many thanks to the people who have shared screen shots so far.  Still seeking experience point screen shots. :)
  • Lensova
    Lensova
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 141
    The points to reach level 44 are incorrect. The points listed for lvl 43 are what is needed for 44.
    image
Sign In or Register to comment.