Interdictor - Mercury - Stingray ( Boat Comparison )

• ProNoobs
    ProNoobs
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 890
    edited 19 May 2013, 11:39PM
    I just do like this ---------->  

Kill a MCX fleet first then a Specter fleet with a Mercury that do not have Sonar equipped 
    First you used a pinch to kill the mcx fleet fleet; mcx isnt even in this conversation.
    Next that was a very bad sub driver 
    Also you said you would kill the cudas without moving
    Finally we are talking about cudas not spectures cudas are much faster than specture

LMAO you need glasses or something? My Mercury spotted his Specter before he could fire a torpedo! 

You are a good example that sub users are nubs with your statement

No1 in Sector 1 and 3 noobs.

ProNoobs

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSuperAassi

Don`t borry tumorrow chopin!http://

• Ralph Thompson
    Ralph Thompson
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 203
    edited 19 May 2013, 11:44PM

Kill a MCX fleet first then a Specter fleet with a Mercury that do not have Sonar equipped 
    First you used a pinch to kill the mcx fleet fleet; mcx isnt even in this conversation.
    Finally we are talking about cudas not spectures cudas are much faster than specture

LMAO you need glasses or something? My Mercury spotted his Specter before he could fire a torpedo! 

The torps fired before you saw them you just couldnt see that. The torps became visabe about halfway to their target
  • ProNoobs
    ProNoobs
    Strike-force Captain

The torps fired before you saw them you just couldnt see that. The torps became visabe about halfway to their target
    No they did not because i fighted the same fleet and parked.

BTW about the pinch thing you meant that i only won against that MCX fleet because i used a small pinch? 
    Well explain me why this MCX fleet didnt win even he used medium pinch on me.

ProNoobs

• Ralph Thompson
    Ralph Thompson
    Minor Nuisance

No they did not because i fighted the same fleet and parked.

BTW about the pinch thing you meant that i only won against that MCX fleet because i used a small pinch? 
    Well explain me why this MCX fleet didnt win even he used medium pinch on me.

ummm no you are using a completely different fleet than you used before in that video
    you killed that mcx with siege cannions using a pinch any high speed fleet can do that
    the pinch the other guy fired didnt hit until his fleet was already killed
    and show me edivence that you parked your mercs and the cudas just died that video is completely irrevelent to this topic
  • longnastysilver
    longnastysilver
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 283
    FKIT said:
    I am sorry, but you are all mildly retarded.  Each of the three boats dominates in is respective area.   Dictors are for torps (great sub hunter), Mercs are for missiles (pretty decent sub hunter), Stings are for ballistics (terrible sub hunter).  

Dictors... I have a set of all torp with concussive warrheads.  These will take down a MCX fleet (or take a massive chunk out of it so that they need to sail home (4 armors vs. my 2 armor slots - I see that as a win).  These are also incredibly invaluable during the raids.  What ship out there has any resistance to concussive weapons?  Only one.  The Interdictor.  With the torps I have, I can out range ballistics and rockets.  The speed lets me outrun mortars.  Missiles are about your only reasonable option.  With the right fleet you will kill mine, but yours is taking some massive damage if not dying as well.  Their natural counter is something fast that can get in range and stick with me.  Not many ships out there that can do that due to my torps bonus.  However, the Stings can do that easily *gulp*.

Mercs:  A wonderful hybrid of the MCX and Dictors.  Faster and more agile than the MCX, but with slightly less reload speed.  It is hard to discredit the value of a good missile ship.  Sub hunting, FVF, base prep... they can do it all.  This is a multipurpose fleet that does well in the raids.   One problem is that many ships have built in missile protection.  If not, there are many armor enhancers that will help with missile protection.  Still a great raid ship, but we all can see how Kixeye has edited the raid ships to discredit the validity of the MCX as a raid winner.  These also fall prone to that. 

Stings: I don't have any yet so this is all speculation.  But these will be highly prone to subs.  Their only hope against a FVF fleet of Spectres is to get on top of them and stay with them until they surface.  Additionally, with less armor than Mercs, they could go toe to toe.  However, we are forgetting something... what kind of armor does the enemy have on their ships?  In raids we see the ships often have ballistic and missile protection.  However, there are many perks to this ship.  With the speed, I will even go to say that you can probably blitz bases with them.  The ranger booster is huge benefit.  Built in positive evade??? Are you kidding me?  How awesome is that eh?  Many benefits to this ship.  However, with no sonar and being made for ballistics, it is prone to subs.  

So you see folks, it is about selecting the right job for the right situation.  All three of these ships hold massive value in the FVF category.  In the right hands of a skillful ship builder, any of these ships can dominate, meanwhile each has a weakness to another.  

I have said it before and I will say it again.  It is all about balance.  

Thank the lord you filled all us retards in, cause you are a flaming genius!
    Internet tough guy
    Someone who constantly talks about how bad and "hardcore" they are over the the internet. These people usually frequent chat rooms and online forums for the sole purpose of **** talking and gloating to complete strangers to fill the void in their life, something that dosen't impress someone in the REAL WORLD. 
  • Perbrill
    Perbrill
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 806
    sniff sniff
  • RW Miller
    RW Miller
    Master Tactician
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 2,136
    well with all the hype over fleet vs fleet who even goes out of their way to do this anymore the repair times suck and it makes no sense to kill ships for no good reason.. These events that kixeye has are not fleet vs fleet either there is no fairness in 12 overpowered ships hitting your fleet of 5
  • FKIT
    FKIT
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,794
    FKIT said:
    I am sorry, but you are all mildly retarded.  Each of the three boats dominates in is respective area.   Dictors are for torps (great sub hunter), Mercs are for missiles (pretty decent sub hunter), Stings are for ballistics (terrible sub hunter).  

Dictors... I have a set of all torp with concussive warrheads.  These will take down a MCX fleet (or take a massive chunk out of it so that they need to sail home (4 armors vs. my 2 armor slots - I see that as a win).  These are also incredibly invaluable during the raids.  What ship out there has any resistance to concussive weapons?  Only one.  The Interdictor.  With the torps I have, I can out range ballistics and rockets.  The speed lets me outrun mortars.  Missiles are about your only reasonable option.  With the right fleet you will kill mine, but yours is taking some massive damage if not dying as well.  Their natural counter is something fast that can get in range and stick with me.  Not many ships out there that can do that due to my torps bonus.  However, the Stings can do that easily *gulp*.

Mercs:  A wonderful hybrid of the MCX and Dictors.  Faster and more agile than the MCX, but with slightly less reload speed.  It is hard to discredit the value of a good missile ship.  Sub hunting, FVF, base prep... they can do it all.  This is a multipurpose fleet that does well in the raids.   One problem is that many ships have built in missile protection.  If not, there are many armor enhancers that will help with missile protection.  Still a great raid ship, but we all can see how Kixeye has edited the raid ships to discredit the validity of the MCX as a raid winner.  These also fall prone to that. 

Stings: I don't have any yet so this is all speculation.  But these will be highly prone to subs.  Their only hope against a FVF fleet of Spectres is to get on top of them and stay with them until they surface.  Additionally, with less armor than Mercs, they could go toe to toe.  However, we are forgetting something... what kind of armor does the enemy have on their ships?  In raids we see the ships often have ballistic and missile protection.  However, there are many perks to this ship.  With the speed, I will even go to say that you can probably blitz bases with them.  The ranger booster is huge benefit.  Built in positive evade??? Are you kidding me?  How awesome is that eh?  Many benefits to this ship.  However, with no sonar and being made for ballistics, it is prone to subs.  

So you see folks, it is about selecting the right job for the right situation.  All three of these ships hold massive value in the FVF category.  In the right hands of a skillful ship builder, any of these ships can dominate, meanwhile each has a weakness to another.  

I have said it before and I will say it again.  It is all about balance.  

Well the Mercury is way better sub hunter than the Indicator..dunno how you figure out the dics was better because of more torp slots?

Mercury 40 sonar range inn build and indicators 25 sonar range.  

Mercury spot Subs better and Assault missiles kills subs faster than torps. (Because of reload time, accuracy and retargetting.)  The dics is only faster and that is the only thing they are better on than the Mercs.

A Cuda has a base speed of 14.  The Mercury has a base speed is 12 and the Interdictor's base speed is 14.  With speed system and 7 assault torps that is over 27.  No cuda can outrun that. 

There is only ONE missile that will boost speed, D-55V Siege Missile.  Even if you could fit 6 on a ship, you still we not be up to speed with a set of Cudas.  

You do have the range advantage when using assault missiles.  That for sure cannot be discredited.  However, if you are going to sub it up, you sub it up with Cat Drive.  The only way you get spotted is by someone following the torpedo trail.  

You can probably get the Mercury speed up to 20 or so.  Meanwhile, the dictors would have almost a 40% speed boost over the Mercuries.  I.e. they track down the target faster, regardless of Cat Drive. 

Just some food for thought. 
    FKIT: level 90
    ID 1.1 million
    Alliance:368R

• Captain Slacker
    Captain Slacker
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 232
    edited 20 May 2013, 12:26AM
    Top speed of a cuda can be 30 in battle. That can outrun something at 27. 
  • dannyjwlf
    dannyjwlf
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 263
    Anybody else think the Stingray is plain ugly and a little funny looking? Besides that, the 6 day build is pathetic and I'm surprised that I was a little shocked by it. I didn't think they could stretch the build time out anymore than they already have. With the drone modules and the Stingray being way too long, I didn't think they could out do the blatant slaps in the face they do every raid to all the players asking for build time relief...again...and harder.
    Q
  • FKIT
    FKIT
    RW Miller said:
    well with all the hype over fleet vs fleet who even goes out of their way to do this anymore the repair times suck and it makes no sense to kill ships for no good reason.. These events that kixeye has are not fleet vs fleet either there is no fairness in 12 overpowered ships hitting your fleet of 5
    How are these events not FVF?  It is just FVF where the advantage is never in your favor.  
    ID 1.1 million

• ProNoobs
    ProNoobs
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 20 May 2013, 12:41AM

Look closely again and tell me the torpedos fire before i detect the Specter. 

I have slowed down the video here and it is only 19 seconds long so we see the dive and the detection.

I am uploading the video again somethign happen

Here we go

ProNoobs

• Perbrill
    Perbrill
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 806
    My cudas have a combat speed of 28, using "V" torps + eng 3 
  • FKIT
    FKIT

thebiggw said:
    Top speed of a cuda can be 30 in battle. That can outrun something at 27. 
    This is true (29.4), and indeed my cudas do have that speed.  However, 29.4 vs 27.3 or 29.4 vs 20?     The dictors will push the person to the side of the map faster than the Mercuries.  

I don't want to get into a huge debate on the whole sub hunter side.  The point still remains that each ships has strengths and each ship has weaknesses.  It is up to the player to decide which is best to fit his current needs in his playing ability.  
    ID 1.1 million

• ProNoobs
    ProNoobs
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 20 May 2013, 12:46AM
    Look here then Ralph Thompson...and you will see that you was wrong.

..so that was not a bad sub driver just 1 that did not have Cat3.  

It would not matter whatever he would do because i see him all the time unless he goes hide in a corner and timeout!

ProNoobs

• D.P.Roberts
    D.P.Roberts
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 885
    Assuming you are using assault missiles, I think that you saw the specters & he fired his torpedoes at the same time/range (75).  I also think he only has cat2 on the specters.
  • ProNoobs
    ProNoobs
    Strike-force Captain
    Assuming you are using assault missiles, I think that you saw the specters & he fired his torpedoes at the same time/range (75).  I also think he only has cat2 on the specters.
    My assault missiles almost hit him before he fire torpedos and you see i spot him right inside assault missiles range. 

This guy dont have Cat i am pretty sure and i dont have Sonar.

ProNoobs

• Ralph Thompson
    Ralph Thompson
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 20 May 2013, 1:26AM
    ok 
    My assault missiles almost hit him before he fire torpedos and you see i spot him right inside assault missiles range. 

This guy dont have Cat i am pretty sure and i dont have Sonar.
    no you would have to have sonar to detect him at that distance 
  • D.P.Roberts
    D.P.Roberts
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 885
    edited 20 May 2013, 3:30AM
    No, the inbuilt Mercury sonar is 40, Specter viability is 50, so would be seen at range of 90 if neither has other detection modification gear.  Since the specters were obviously inside the assault missile arc that means they were seen (likely) much less than that.  75 range is my educated guess for 2 reasons:
    1. It looked like he was seen as or slightly before the torpedoes fired.  Assuming the specter has assault torpedoes they have a range of around 75 (some 74, some 78)
    2. this range is very close to what would have happened with cat or S armor.  Either the specter:
    Had 3 of the S armors on, reducing his detection range 15%
    or
    Had cat 1 installed, reducing detection range by 19%
    Since 75 is 16.7% of 90, then either one of the above could fit the scenario observed. . . . or it might be something else completely! lol
  • EchoII
    EchoII
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 222
    THIS THREAD IS ABOUT HULLS, NOT SUBS!
    How I feel during the Forsaken Arena Tournament
  • Zack Kruse
    Zack Kruse
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 71
    iv been thinking about a build fore the mercury http://bp.tel4u.gr/?ZS041D2BA2CA2CA43A43A43A43B33B0CB4BC1DC19C16SZ    i think this shud be able to take out any sting ray build   but will loose to any interdictor missle/torp build with a decent driver    so mercs with cannons vrs Stings with cannons   will be close but id say more times then not the mercs will win if they had d4 amor.... Interdictors cannons or torps will fail against stingray but would be equaly to missle/cannon mercurys   its a balance but id give the hand to the Mercury since i have it and non of the others
  • General1AIT SG234
    General1AIT SG234
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,162
    Dictor and and Sting are clashy dog-fight things, poor as a baser i find personally, Merc is a kiting tool with baser fitting possibility.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GAMING GIRLS ARE THE FKNG SEXIEST !!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

info: Male /1985 BD/ hell no not just an addicted gamer!!

Ladies, Gentelmen and **** (All Three Species Of This Community)..Cheer up, Game IS going in the RIGHT Direction!!