My Laser 3 Fleet missing Draconian ships???

darrylwayne2005
darrylwayne2005
Incursion Leader
Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,131
I just hit a level 42 Draconian fleet with a fleet mounted with Laser 3, and a lot of my missiles were hitting the water! Is there a problem with lasers now?

• Chanook
    Chanook
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 377
    I have the same thing going on, it's not the lasers but the insane stats on drac ships in military fleets :) probably they have like 60% evade on them
  • CaptAhab15
    CaptAhab15
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 55
    i dont have L3 on my mercury but it is supposed to be retargetable, and i have noticed that when one set of missiles takes out one target the next maybe 10-15% of the time dont retarget and hit the water. 
    BANG OUT
  • CaptAhab15
    CaptAhab15
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 55
    not mention something like RA5 on em, even siege missiles arent doing what they used to.
    Chanook said:
    I have the same thing going on, it's not the lasers but the insane stats on drac ships in military fleets :) probably they have like 60% evade on them

BANG OUT
  • DAEMONICUS
    DAEMONICUS
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,394
    Kixeye already knows of this, as they do it on purpose just so you'll take more damage and coin the repairs.  They're failing to realize that they made the most money on the Base Invaders events with the multiplier in effect where everyone actually had a chance at every hull and therefore were more inclined to coin the repairs.
  • AnotherLostSoul
    AnotherLostSoul
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 767
    I feel the issue with re-target, not lazer itself.   Saw the same with SWs and Mercs.    I then hit some salvages and they re-targeted like normal.   Sucks to see Laser3 missiles fall onto a shadow of a ship.  If they fell around the re-target, that would mean high evade, which I would accept.   But this is re-target, not doing what it is supposed to......and the missiles were not even near their arc max yet.
  • Instigator1
    Instigator1
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,825
    Yeah noticed this earlier, also noticed fleets moving slower than normal, firing slower than normal . I think Kix hit the whole BP community with a nerf gun right b4 the raid to earn (and I use that word loosely) more coin.
    KIXEYE CS Xandamere : How about I give you some BP resources for, say, a share of ownership in your house?
    KIXEYE CS Krypt0night : *sigh* I showed Yoda this thread and he told me that I should close it because fear led to this anger and this anger will lead to hate, followed soon after by suffering.
  • Magic Bunny
    Magic Bunny
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 17,465
    Yeah noticed this earlier, also noticed fleets moving slower than normal, firing slower than normal . I think Kix hit the whole BP community with a nerf gun right b4 the raid to earn (and I use that word loosely) more coin.
    really??

I noticed nothing, except that these opponents have masses of RA3 and GS3 (which is their prerogative).

my re-targetting or LT3 are working fine
    Level ... not enough fingers to count that high

First played July 2011, in sector 96

• 00zau
    00zau
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 6,403
    Even with LT3, against 50% evade targets you're going to miss a lot with assault missiles, especially with Speed System on. With LT3 and SS3, you've got a little over 100 accuracy, which means you'd only have a shade over half hits on targets with an even 50% evade.
  • DAEMONICUS
    DAEMONICUS
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,394
    00zau said:
    Even with LT3, against 50% evade targets you're going to miss a lot with assault missiles, especially with Speed System on. With LT3 and SS3, you've got a little over 100 accuracy, which means you'd only have a shade over half hits on targets with an even 50% evade.
    True, but what you're failing to understand is that with 100% accuracy there is no missing a target, by all intents and purposes of basic math regardless of the evade stats.  Kixeye's math simply doesn't stand up to the mathematics we were all taught in school.  
  • 00zau
    00zau
    Unicorn Overlord
    Not at all. By that logic, 75% accuracy would always mean 75% hits, 50% would be 50%, and evade wouldn't matter. Evade causes shots to miss. Ever played Pokemon? When Pikachu uses Double Team, attacks that have 100 accuracy start missing. Same here. This isn't some new, arcane, math that kixeye made up. 100% accuracy means that against a 0% evade target, all shots will hit. 20% evade means that against a weapon with 100% accuracy, 20% of shots will miss. Against a weapon with 50% accuracy, 20% of the 50% of shots that would, instead miss, resulting in 40% accuracy.
  • emmitt.delong
    emmitt.delong
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 672
    Accuracy over 100% does NOT cut into evade. at 140% hit against 50% evade your chance to hit is 50%.
    1.) I'll never complain about getting hit. I don't like hitting bases simply because I think it's boring and a waste of resources.
    2.) I have coined a total of +190 gold. This does make me a "coiner". Coining is not cheating. If, like me you can't really afford much then don't but complaining won't help you either.
    3.) Being polite is always better then being an ****.
    4.) At the end of the day, it's just a **** game. Get over it.
  • 00zau
    00zau
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 18 May 2013, 1:09AM
    Accuracy over 100% does NOT cut into evade. at 140% hit against 50% evade your chance to hit is 50%.
    Nope. I've done several tests. (thread) Long story short, I performed tests wherein the attacking ship would have a 100% hit rate if accuracy over 100% is carried, and would only have 75% accuracy if it was not. In the tests, no shots ever missed. Statistically, the odds of a weapon with only a 75% hit chance hitting every time over the number of shots I counted are zero to 4+ decimal places.
  • PirateKing-no1
    PirateKing-no1
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 2,224
    cmon i had cannons outranging my missiles thats when you know its went to far lol hard is one thing extreme is too much

• rafius
    rafius
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,700
    There is no issue... if you have a 100% hit rate, and a drac has a 50% evade, only 50% of your missiles will hit.
    We are working on many things at once. Alliances, Drac bases (really!), Messaging, Fleet Interception. Are all actively being worked on. Just because we release other, smaller, features does not mean we are not progressing with the larger ones.
  • Angrybeard420
    Angrybeard420
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 575
    Kixeye already knows of this, as they do it on purpose just so you'll take more damage and coin the repairs.  They're failing to realize that they made the most money on the Base Invaders events with the multiplier in effect where everyone actually had a chance at every hull and therefore were more inclined to coin the repairs.
    I don't know where you get your information from but I'm pretty sure that kixeye is more aware of where their income is or isn't coming from than you do. Why is it that everyone feels that they are entitled to win a prize? This isn't a give away, you have to earn it. A bunch of noobs with good hulls are still just a bunch of noobs. It actually makes me sad to see a lvl 35 player with DNx's and they have them equipped with PM3s. 
    As far as the OP goes, I haven't noticed any problems with lasers or missile systems
    Ouch
    Lvl 59 --I can be a lvl 3,547,201 and I'll still hit lvl 40s--
    Raid Prizes Collected: DN, SSa, Goli, SC, HHa, DNx, BC, HHb, Jugg, MCx, Thresher, Merc
  • Occams Razor
    Occams Razor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,228
    I don't know where you get your information from but I'm pretty sure that kixeye is more aware of where their income is or isn't coming from than you do. Why is it that everyone feels that they are entitled to win a prize? This isn't a give away, you have to earn it. A bunch of noobs with good hulls are still just a bunch of noobs. It actually makes me sad to see a lvl 35 player with DNx's and they have them equipped with PM3s. 
    As far as the OP goes, I haven't noticed any problems with lasers or missile systems
    And here come the Kixeye fanbois spewing the holy gospel of their chosen
    CM Magic Sarap:

Lying isn't exactly a bannable offense
  • DEADP00L
    DEADP00L
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,056
    Unless you are the drac military fleet then 50% evade means you still hit 100% of the time. I hate the fanboys who think Kixeye can do no wrong.
    ...Thus sayeth Magic bunny so it must be true. You are as likable and have as much credibility as what I find on my toilet paper after wiping my **** when I take a "Magic bunny".