Buddy Bubbling Question for a Mod ?

SayUrPrayers
SayUrPrayers
Minor Nuisance
Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 210
edited 14 May 2013, 2:26PM
if 1 of your friend's bases, is being prepped.
and you go into your friend's base before the base fleet gets there, to bubble him, to save him from being hit.
is that a true buddy bubble and can you get Banned for that?

if you're helping your friend after they prep, in my mind, that's not a buddy bubble?

I would like a Mod to let me know for sure tho.

Thanks.
  • Blazing_Darkness
    Blazing_Darkness
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 8,162
    edited 14 May 2013, 9:21PM
    You can't get banned for buddy bubbling. But you will become hated by a lot of people though.

Edit: editing in response to OP's edit.
    TOME Name: Blaze    Favourite Guardians: Osric (Pusher), Malbus (Tank), Talia (Slayer), Erebus (Tactician)
    The Battle Pirate Glossary - Forum Rules - Support form
  • SayUrPrayers
    SayUrPrayers
    Minor Nuisance
    well, i dont buddy bubble but i did just help a friend by doing that and that was the 1st time i have ever done that.
    and if i knew that it was against the rules..

i wouldn't have done it at all.

but now i have 4 people sending me messages that they reported me for doing it?

so that's why i want an answer from a Mod.
  • Cpt. Chris
    Cpt. Chris
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,869
    well, i dont buddy bubble but i did just help a friend by doing that and that was the 1st time i have ever done that.

They can report all they want, it's legal. 
    DevNul wrote: »
    @Cpt Chris
    For the last time, no arbiter module forces subs to the surface. Have you finally understood? That is why I also said: You were confused with the Depth Charge.

DevNul said:
    You can't unsubscribe. All the old forum tools have been removed. These twats have us at their mercy.

Cpt. Chris said:
    You really like to make fool of yourself don't you? There is a check mark next to the thread's name on the top left, click it and you won't get a single notification about this thread.

DevNul said: You really like to make a fool of yourself don't you!  If there was one I'd use it!

DevNulsaid: you better ask Cpt Chris about that when I eventually find him/she/it. ;)

IronGunns said: Cpt Chris, your a noob!!  the Subsonic Cavitator is a Arbiter Mod that makes nearby subs to surface....look before you speak

RW Miller said: you are taking that 65% damage reduction if you use it.. This has never showed up on the turret  just in description in lab
  • Unicorn Overlord
    Unicorn Overlord
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2011 Posts: 3,319

LMAO you frubbled a base to stop it from being attacked. What a **** move....
    Hell ya 08/30/2013 I finally became a UNICORN OVERLORD       (It only took 2 years 6 months lmao)
    kix1

• PirateKing-no1
    PirateKing-no1
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 2,224

Ascension said:
    You can't get banned for buddy bubbling. But you will become hated by a lot of people though.
    Pretty much this.

Not sure why they even have it listed (if they still do) on the support form for reporting. It's legal, if a little sad (in my opinion).
    lol there you got your answer not something to be banned over iv done it but would never ask for it to be done to me also should tell the other guy that if you do this it wont look good on him take the hit and a proper bubble save face and gain a little self respect and a little respect from his sect
  • Arma-Get-It-On
    Arma-Get-It-On
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 4,418
    edited 14 May 2013, 2:59PM

LMAO you frubbled a base to stop it from being attacked. What a **** move....
    This ^^ 

"Saving from being hit" pfft ...
    =))
  • SayUrPrayers
    SayUrPrayers
    Minor Nuisance
    i prefer " strategy "
  • pug_reincarnated
    pug_reincarnated
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 152
    frubbles for ****
  • The_Jerk
    The_Jerk
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 1,848
    i prefer " strategy "
    "Strategy" really?  Okay, so you come into my base and decide to rim job me.  I launch a fleet out and come by your base, run a quick little prep (which most know I never both with) and then you ask a friend to jump in and take you over 25% is strategy?

Is that strategy like you called a bigger kid a name on the playground and then when he comes after ya, you run to the teacher cryin' he's gonna kick your ****?  Is that strategy like when you steal your sisters toy and then you run to mom because she puts her boots on to kick your ****?

It's not strategy, it's called "FEAR" and it will cause you a lot more pain in this game as it tells everyone that your scared to be hit and will run and cry when it happens.

Next time, if you want to employ that strategy, just buy the **** bubble

• SayUrPrayers
    SayUrPrayers
    Minor Nuisance
    wasn't me getting bubbled and the person was offline who i helped.
  • DarthSpader
    DarthSpader
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 342
    edited 14 May 2013, 3:57PM
    still seems chicken to me. there IS a feature called "gaurd base" where you can set your fleets to gaurd an alliance members base. just keep cycling base gaurds on, stall if you have to and wait for help. but "friendly bubbles" seem like a chicken **** way of stopping a hit. i would also point out, if the base in question REALLY needs that kind of help... maybe you should help them design a better base so they dont get hit all the time, and can actually stop an attacker. the only excuse imho is if he is in the 40s and being hit OVER AND OVER by a 50+ otherwise....no excuse. - and even then...its a pretty thin one. 
  • longnastysilver
    longnastysilver
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 283
    I don't frubble, however if frubbling is a '****' act, then so are square bases designed to protect the OP from anyone gaining alliance points.  Is keeping only 3 warehouse and leaving them outside to defend OP and LP '****'?

Are outside guard fleets from your alliance '****'?

Frubbling has been and will continue to be a part of the game like any other strategy, call it what you want, but plenty of things in the game that I could call **** moves.
    Internet tough guy
    Someone who constantly talks about how bad and "hardcore" they are over the the internet. These people usually frequent chat rooms and online forums for the sole purpose of **** talking and gloating to complete strangers to fill the void in their life, something that dosen't impress someone in the REAL WORLD. 
  • Blazing_Darkness
    Blazing_Darkness
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 8,162
    edited 14 May 2013, 6:26PM
    I don't frubble, however if frubbling is a '****' act, then so are square bases designed to protect the OP from anyone gaining alliance points.  Is keeping only 3 warehouse and leaving them outside to defend OP and LP '****'?

Are outside guard fleets from your alliance '****'?

Frubbling has been and will continue to be a part of the game like any other strategy, call it what you want, but plenty of things in the game that I could call **** moves.

I think that buddy bubbling is being considered '****' for several reasons.
    It makes outside alliance guard fleets pointless as you could just give them a frubble. No risk involved.
    If you were to constantly frubble (which some people do do), then no one will ever be able to attack you.
    You are effectively negating half of the game play (base hitting) which asks the question of why the heck are you playing a war game if you don't want to be attacked?

Kixeye have stated they don't like it, that it's not a way that the damage protection (bubbles) system is meant to be used and they have taken steps to try and prevent the use of it. Yes it's part of the game but it's not a part that the developers intended, nor is it something that the community as a whole likes. 
    TOME Name: Blaze    Favourite Guardians: Osric (Pusher), Malbus (Tank), Talia (Slayer), Erebus (Tactician)
    The Battle Pirate Glossary - Forum Rules - Support form
  • shadowwphoenixx
    shadowwphoenixx
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 405
    It's legal, so don't worry about it.

Personally, I don't see why people get so hung up over it, just go back and hit them when their bubble drops, simples...
    Ingame name: IxDarkPhoenixxI Lvl: 52/33?           Sector: 1**: Born, raised, and still living ^_^  
    Raid hulls won: Corvette ~ Frigate  ~ Destroyer (+X) ~ Light Cruiser (+X)  ~ Battlecruiser (+X) ~ Battleship ~ Mercury ~ HH-A+B ~ BB-A ~ Levi-A ~  Mauler. 
    War.... War never changes, and in it, there is no place for the runner up. So in the end, suck it up and fight back, or risk losing everything you ever fought for. ~
    [QUOTE=beel78;2728155]For, God's sake...they turned the SW into a pizza slice.[/QUOTE] 
  • DethKnight
    DethKnight
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 15
    It's just as much strategy as a square base with an unhittable op.
  • Cerebral_Assassin_UCON
    Cerebral_Assassin_UCON
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 30
    If you pull stunts like that, you had best jump sector (and world for that matter) and change your name.
  • EvilGeniusReborn
    EvilGeniusReborn
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 3,269
    It's just as much strategy as a square base with an unhittable op.
    Hit dock and leave.
    Return 4 hours later and repeat.  =))

Kixeye. Killing the game, one upgrade at a time.

• sandhill
    sandhill
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,700
    a lot of haters here . it's something Kix put in the game, use it  and to hell with the whiners and tough guys
    player ID 56643, start date 28 march 2011.....Lvl 103.... BLACK PIRATES FOREVER
  • burninwolf
    burninwolf
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,652
    CS Team:

At this time, this activity is not against our policies.  

Because of previous feedback concerning buddy bubbling there were recent changes to bubble protection based on player feedback found at: Damage Protection Rule Changes

If you have feedback on the new rules please let us know in the forums (as you see from the post - we do listen actively to your feedback!) 
  • Michelle Lynn Thornton
    Michelle Lynn Thornton
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 9
    i got a message from a player telling me that my friends could get banned for buddy bubbling. Last I knew that wasn't aginst the rules. Can someone please tell me if buddy bubbling is  a rule that kixeye has 
  • GigaPirate
    GigaPirate
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 5,046
    i got a message from a player telling me that my friends could get banned for buddy bubbling. Last I knew that wasn't aginst the rules. Can someone please tell me if buddy bubbling is  a rule that kixeye has 
    It's not against any Kixeye rule. Period.
    "we have never banned on IP address, we ban cheaters. If you cheat you will be banned." CM QRich
  • Hitman007
    Hitman007
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 8,990
    There are no plans to ban players who buddy bubble at the moment.
    Report hackers and any other problems you may have by sending in a Ticket

If a MOD or a CM remove/close/edit/delete a thread or a post, there's a reason for it. Re-posting the same post/thread is a violation of forum rules

BP Glossary, Everything you need to know about BP Everything you should need to know about Battle Pirates
  • barrywaynemartin
    barrywaynemartin
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 71
    I don't get what the big deal is about having your base lvl'ed.  I used to play another war game that it would take you months to fully build your defenses, and when you got hit they could take ALL of your resources.  Essentially after months of prep work, you could be knocked back to zero in one good hit, and have to start all over.  Months of training troops down the drain, because your attacker took all your food and your troops deserted before you got back on line.  In this game, they can't take all you resources, no desertions due to lack of food.  You just click repair and depending on lvl of certain things, your good as new by days end.  Resources lost are easily replaced anymore.  Whenever I get hit, I just shrug my shoulders, click repair, go pay a return visit, and go about my business as usual.
  • darksun98
    darksun98
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 4,338
    Nope, it just makes you lame. I love the ones that do what the op says. They quickly become farms.
    IGN: Darksun lvl 92     id# 1221759

Wil Harbin said:

Kixeye hasn’t done as much to annoy its users as other game companies have. It doesn’t sell decorations for games and try to milk gamers for all they’re worth, and it doesn’t sell advanced weaponry that will allow rich gamers to wipe out poor gamers. But it does allow users to accelerate time in the game. Rather than wait for something to be developed, a user can pay to accelerate the build time for units.

Aren't skins decorations?
  • LUCKY-V
    LUCKY-V
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,103
    if 1 of your friend's bases, is being prepped.
    and you go into your friend's base before the base fleet gets there, to bubble him, to save him from being hit.
    is that a true buddy bubble and can you get Banned for that?

if you're helping your friend after they prep, in my mind, that's not a buddy bubble?

I would like a Mod to let me know for sure tho.

Thanks.
    You can do whatever it takes to thwart an attack. Kudos to you for watching your friends back. Now go and pay the attacker a visit.  :D
  • BLACK CAESAR
    BLACK CAESAR
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,362
    Well whatever it takes for me to piss you off I'm all for it.
    Blah blah blah just stfu foolio!!!
  • LUCKY-V
    LUCKY-V
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,103
    I didn't know this game was about pissing ppl off. I thought it was about successful attacks and defenses.   :-B
  • super-gaymer
    super-gaymer
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 347
    Ascension said:
    Pretty much this.

Not sure why they even have it listed (if they still do) on the support form for reporting. It's legal, if a little sad (in my opinion).
    BUDDY BUBBLING IS REALLY SAD... REALLY.. SAD. 

User Id: 5.5 mill

Lvl66
  • BlackSoulDriver
    BlackSoulDriver
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 346
    It's legal, so don't worry about it.

Personally, I don't see why people get so hung up over it, just go back and hit them when their bubble drops, simples...
    Yep and sometimes go hit the person who gave the buddy bubble ;)