All Javelin Base Defense - A Thought Experiment

jdk470
jdk470
Skilled Warrior
Joined May 2010 Posts: 413
edited 22 Apr 2013, 7:55PM
I haven't thought this through, but it would be fun to see a base that's mostly javelins - imagine a clump of 14 of them shelling out 2.5k dmg / 12 sec.  Even with some getting killed/sniped, I think any fleet would be hard pressed to travel the length of a channel in 60sec.  

Even with 60% balistics negate + say 50% evade, it still does 20% of the dmg, so 500k / shot * 14 javelins = 7k dmg / shot assuming all are in range.  

Seems even MCX would have a really hard time with this:
1) Javelines shoot, killing 1 MCX before they are in range
2) Guessing 4 MCX kill 2 towers
3) 12 Javelines shoot, killing 2nd MCX
4) 3 MCX kill 2 towers
5) 10 Javelines shoot, mortally wounding 3rd MCX
6) MCX kills 1 tower

Soon I think all the MCX are dead in about 1.5min unless they can get through a channel fast enough, but it doesn't seem likely.  

That said, this would take 140d of build time to refit + attacks slowing down.  Kinda fun to think about though.  
  • CrankyYankee
    CrankyYankee
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 2,238
    They better have the worlds longest channel because the 82 minimum range would make them useless very quickly. 
  • jdk470
    jdk470
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 413
    Karma111 said:
    They better have the worlds longest channel because the 82 minimum range would make them useless very quickly. 
    Yeah-good point.  That might be the limiting factor here as at least the first row of them would probably be less than 82 range away if they were in a rectangle.
  • CrankyYankee
    CrankyYankee
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 2,238
    Only way to do 14 in a base would be to build a square base, OP in the middle, flanked on all sides by Javelin. Even then, still wouldn't be that great. 
  • Michigan Marauder
    Michigan Marauder
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 2,787
    edited 22 Apr 2013, 8:21PM
    ____
    1296 ballistic damage
    324 missile damage

1296/2 = 648 actual ballistic damage all weapons do half damage long known by most of the old timers 
    324/2 = 162 actual missile damage all weapons do half damage long known by most of the old timers 

810 total damage per 12 seconds without DUS

Added in DUS
    972 Ballistic Damage with DUS
    162 Missile Damage
    1134 Total Damage with DUS per 12 seconds

Also take into consideration they will fire at 1st hull til dead then 2nd hull til dead. That means 1 reload could result in 0 damage as it hits the water

This causing your figures to stray quite a bit more

Tired of closed threads and over moderation, join a new forum where conversation is welcomed
    http://www.thedarkalliance.org/forum/forum.php

WoW Alpha Tester

Holy crap I need to get my eyes checked.  I thought you had typed, "Will we see midget strippers dancing on our whorehouses?"

Sarcasm and jadedness is all we have left - everything else costs Uranium now. -Grumpy Pirate

• freeedom
    freeedom
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 3,255
    There is an invention called Ballistic/missile armor. I believe it's an alloy.
    freedom  NBK                                                                                                                     

Lv66 - ID 990134                                                                                                              

http://www.youtube.com/user/freedom14639?feature=mhee

• Oooshhh
    Oooshhh
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 879
     14 javelins and all ballistic defender. 
  • dayuma
    dayuma
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 647
    Minimum range of 80 means an area of 2 tiles in all directions that are dead zones. That is a LOT of area a blitz fleet can travel without all 14 turrets firing.
    Never coined a dime since day one & proud of it. 

User I.D. - 2.3 million
  • KenG99
    KenG99
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 362
    Actual damage that is doled out is half of listed.   Look it up.   Do a search.   Do a real world experiment.  Discover the truth.

FYI its easy to have 75% layered and 50% evade on an MCx. 
    KenG99 BP Level 63
  • KenG99
    KenG99
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 362
    dayuma said:
    Minimum range of 80 means an area of 2 tiles in all directions that are dead zones. That is a LOT of area a blitz fleet can travel without all 14 turrets firing.
    4 tiles.  Each tile is 20.
    KenG99 BP Level 63
  • TallGiraffe
    TallGiraffe
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 4,743
    Having multiple javelins more than one ship on the enemies attacking fleet would be a waste.
    Don't use Level. Use Tech when describing players. Level means nothing, its all about tech.
  • dballard601
    dballard601
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 780
    I think the Javelins will deal some serious damage initially I'm thinking about 4 with about 5 halos initially.  Then Have some ceribs around the bend with an eng disrupter 3 and Triton/dnx bookmarking engine disrupter and be in range of Javelins.... gonna be really tough to survive that setup I would imagine... guess time will tell and would counters will be offered to the Javelins...
  • Lucky Luke
    Lucky Luke
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 8,422
    Im still waiting for a decent video on it........................
  • GODTERRORIST
    GODTERRORIST
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 711
    6 cerbs 2 bombards 3 halos, 3 javelins 

Long Channel 3 tile wide 4 tile to op. 

Got Base mapped but not sharing that part.... you can figure that out on your own...... using my figures...

Sectors Visited, where i started --> 46,258,300,285,205,206,53,1,66,120,325,409,467,166,274,127, 268