buddy bubble

commander mitch
commander mitch
Greenhorn
Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 15
Hi peeps i have complained to kixeye about a player who hit my base then got a buddy bubble so that i could not retaliate 
is buddy bubbleing now allowed because the customer support sent me a thread saying it was now ok to do but after looking at the post i still could not find anywhere where its says you can
  • O-w-n-a-g-e
    O-w-n-a-g-e
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 49
    Lol get a life

S-k-i-L-L-z   -  Level: 43
    ID: 11300478
    Alliance: DGAF

Hulls won:  Battleship, Jugg, Mercury, BC, HHa

• GigaPirate
    GigaPirate
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 5,046
    There is no rule against buddy bubbling so learn how to work around it.
    "we have never banned on IP address, we ban cheaters. If you cheat you will be banned." CM QRich
  • Rackham_E
    Rackham_E
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 194

Can a Moderator confirm this, that friendly bubble is allowed?

• ChopOff
    ChopOff
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 924
    Hi peeps i have complained to kixeye about a player who hit my base then got a buddy bubble so that i could not retaliate 
    is buddy bubbleing now allowed because the customer support sent me a thread saying it was now ok to do but after looking at the post i still could not find anywhere where its says you can
    Hit his buddy then; that will soon stop them or make them think twice...jeepers...open your mind ;-}

• EvilGeniusReborn
    EvilGeniusReborn
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 3,269
    There has never been a rule against buddy bubbling. Wait until bubble drops and hit him. If you can't get due to the coward getting constant bubbles then hit his friends.  >:)

Kixeye. Killing the game, one upgrade at a time.

• GigaPirate
    GigaPirate
    Unicorn Overlord

What do you want a moderator to confirm? Hitting bases is allowed - the game does not distinguish between bases of friends and bases of non-friends.
    "we have never banned on IP address, we ban cheaters. If you cheat you will be banned." CM QRich
  • Rackham_E
    Rackham_E
    Minor Nuisance

What do you want a moderator to confirm? Hitting bases is allowed - the game does not distinguish between bases of friends and bases of non-friends.

I need a Moderator to tell me if I can do friendly boubles without  being reported... If you dont know what a friedly bouble is google search it! LOL
  • sgtengu
    sgtengu
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 208
    so plz tell me EL_RACHAM  what is a buddy bubble ... how do you tell the diffrence to a friendly base test to somone bubbling them so you cant ... and then also tell me how you know he was hit by a friend and didnt just click and buy one .... .. you dont need a mod to tell you the same thing EVERYONE eles is telling you .. there is NO rule saying you cant hit somone in your own group ... **** i have had people hit me then when i go to hit them back i am watching base and they buy a bubble ... 

this is battle pirates not cry pirates at every **** thing ... no wonder kixeye is busy all the time .... next you will be crying theres no video for raid yet but then if they busy looking at this sort of rubbish its no wonder other things arnt done ... 
    winner of  battle barge A  ,levi A , corvette , destroyer x  ,light cruiser ,light  cruiser x , juggernaut, mercury, battlecruiser , arc missile , drones ballistic and missile piranah  , battlecrusier x and hammerhead B , hammerhead A ,Mauler ,mc Disrupter cannon triton  goli  frigate  destroyer cuda  halo and jav   vult missile spec hellstrikes interdictors dred scx ssa ffa thresher battleship gaurdian rampart

https://www.youtube.com/user/RelentlessAssassins?feature=watch

• GigaPirate
    GigaPirate
    Unicorn Overlord

I need a Moderator to tell me if I can do friendly boubles without  being reported... If you dont know what a friedly bouble is google search it! LOL
    I don't think a moderator can really answer that, how would they know if someone will report you or not? Someone may report you, but so what? It is not against any rule so their report will go into Kixeye's "whiners we let report **** so they feel better but we don't really give a **** about it" pile. 
  • Rackham_E
    Rackham_E
    Minor Nuisance
    Well, I am not into dumb replies to  my question. Like I said, I would like to see an official kixeye position on this thing, so I know how to play the game, and what can I do from now on. If you  are no Moderator, dont play smartass, low inteligence troll and shut up! Your coments and opinions are probably as good as your ingame talent!

:)

• EvilGeniusReborn
    EvilGeniusReborn
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 3,269
    edited 17 Apr 2013, 10:57AM

I have never heard of anyone being banned for buddy bubbling. (even though it's available in the support form for reporting a player)   :)
    You would probably need a CM to clarify and I'd say they are too busy with the upcoming raid. Try asking again after the raid if you don't get an answer.

Kixeye. Killing the game, one upgrade at a time.

• ODIN VWG
    ODIN VWG
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 93
    I cant locate the actual thread but  when KIXEYE changed the damage caused/ bubble length it was stated then that buddy bubbles are NOT a bannable offence.  What they did do was extend the amounts of hits to create a bubble from 5 to 8.  In that update the maximum length of time for a bubble was reduced from 2 days to 1 day 12 hours.   

I understand you may want/need a Mod to give a cut and dried answer for you but in the meantime I would suggest you take the advice posted above.  If one of their "friends" keep hitting them, then hit their friend. Alternatively, keep a flt up by their base (under a drac base) and hit them when the bubble drops.
    Paganism - Oldest religion in the world, yours are just infants in the world of GODs

• Rackham_E
    Rackham_E
    Minor Nuisance

I cant locate the actual thread but  when KIXEYE changed the damage caused/ bubble length it was stated then that buddy bubbles are NOT a bannable offence.  What they did do was extend the amounts of hits to create a bubble from 5 to 8.  In that update the maximum length of time for a bubble was reduced from 2 days to 1 day 12 hours.   

I understand you may want/need a Mod to give a cut and dried answer for you but in the meantime I would suggest you take the advice posted above.  If one of their "friends" keep hitting them, then hit their friend. Alternatively, keep a flt up by their base (under a drac base) and hit them when the bubble drops.
    Cant find anything neither!

I am not against or in favor of buddy bubbles, Just want to know If I can use them, or see them being used, without having a problem with Kixeye or not... Thats why I was looking for a moderator reply on this 

• the_macmeanie
    the_macmeanie
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 131

Cant find anything neither!

I am not against or in favor of buddy bubbles, Just want to know If I can use them, or see them being used, without having a problem with Kixeye or not... Thats why I was looking for a moderator reply on this 

Don't you all see it yet? He doesn't care so much about the guy he wants to hit having a frubble. He wants to know so HE may frubble!
  • No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 3,793
    or is a forum troll.

BP ID: 1038         WC ID: 1476        VC ID: 18589     Tome ID: 3698   

• Rackham_E
    Rackham_E
    Minor Nuisance

LMAO.... Excuse me for no answering directly to all of your Sherlock Holms deductions but, each one of those is better than the previous one...... Cant we make it simple and just wait for some mod to answer?  Please? :)

• Shonaldo
    Shonaldo
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 378
    Well, I am not into dumb replies to  my question. Like I said, I would like to see an official kixeye position on this thing, so I know how to play the game, and what can I do from now on. If you  are no Moderator, dont play smartass, low inteligence troll and shut up! Your coments and opinions are probably as good as your ingame talent!

He answered your question.  Let's spell it out in a way that a non smartass, high intelligence individual such as yourself can understand.  There is no such thing as a "buddy bubble".  If a base is hit and it gets 25% damage, it gets 12 hours damage protection.  It doesn't matter whether it is hit by your best friend, your worst enemy, or Kim Jong Un.  The game (for reasons that should be obvious to a huge intellect such as yours) doesn't discriminate between your (subjective) friends and enemies when your base is hit.  Incidentally, if you are going to describe someone as of low inteligence (sic) you should at least learn to spell "intelligence".  That way you will look slightly less retarded than you do as a result of the post to which I am responding.

• Nymanne
    Nymanne
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 15
    Kixeye support gave you a confirmation. Moderators of the Forums do not ban players on BP to my knowledge. 
  • whyohwhy
    whyohwhy
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 81
    Shonaldo said:

He answered your question.  Let's spell it out in a way that a non smartass, high intelligence individual such as yourself can understand.  There is no such thing as a "buddy bubble".  If a base is hit and it gets 25% damage, it gets 12 hours damage protection.  It doesn't matter whether it is hit by your best friend, your worst enemy, or Kim Jong Un.  The game (for reasons that should be obvious to a huge intellect such as yours) doesn't discriminate between your (subjective) friends and enemies when your base is hit.  Incidentally, if you are going to describe someone as of low inteligence (sic) you should at least learn to spell "intelligence".  That way you will look slightly less retarded than you do as a result of the post to which I am responding.

I am unsure it is an offence or not, however if you raise a support ticket a subcategory for 'Buddy Bubble' is available.  If it is not an offence why have the category, or upon selection why does it not pre-populate a message stating this is not against game rules! 
  • Master_Chief
    Master_Chief
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 271
    whyohwhy said:
    Shonaldo said:

I am unsure it is an offence or not, however if you raise a support ticket a subcategory for 'Buddy Bubble' is available.  If it is not an offence why have the category, or upon selection why does it not pre-populate a message stating this is not against game rules! 
    Probably so the compliant goes automatically into a junk folder that they can delete.......
    Master_Chief 
    BP - Level 75 / WC - Level 37
    Sic Vis Pacum Parrabellum (Latin) "If you want peace, prepare for war"
    Asus G75V - 3rd Gen Intel I7 - 16Gb of RAM - 256 Gb SSD - 750Gb HDD - Nvidia GTX 660M with 2 Gb RAM
  • TallGiraffe
    TallGiraffe
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 4,743
    As hated as it is, buddy bubbling is unfortunately a strategy in the game.
    Don't use Level. Use Tech when describing players. Level means nothing, its all about tech.
  • lileybug11
    lileybug11
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,133

try using spell checker before trying to **** somebody as you just come across as a fool
    ..sliceNdice said:
    Raids are meant for higher level players with more capabilities. Low level and ill-prepared players can do the FM and now, the Foundry, to get tech up to date to become more competitive in raids.
  • Glenn Griffith
    Glenn Griffith
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 318
    There has never been a rule against buddy bubbling. Wait until bubble drops and hit him. If you can't get due to the coward getting constant bubbles then hit his friends.  >:)
    I wonder why kixeye had an option to report buddy bubbling on their support page then??
  • Rackham_E
    Rackham_E
    Minor Nuisance

try using spell checker before trying to **** somebody as you just come across as a fool
    Quando perceberes um caralho do que eu digo podes vir com piadinhas até lá enfia a cueca e está caladinho palonço!
  • Cheesy_Shark_Tongue
    Cheesy_Shark_Tongue
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,914
    If you need an official response, send in a ticket. Your odds of getting an official response might be somewhat better if this were in the Community Support category. I don't think Kix reads all threads, and there is nothing in the thread title "buddy bubbling" to draw any official attention. The title looks any of a hundred other unimportant threads that are made each day.
    Quit Spring 2015 or so, returned Jan 2019.  
    QUOTE by John Stribling. - Who needs Jerry Springer, when u have forums. LMAO
  • TheImmortalDrPhill
    TheImmortalDrPhill
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1,153
    strategy game!!!....
    Image may contain: text
  • Lordblah
    Lordblah
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 383
    think kixeye  did say PRE bubble update  that exploiting  the hit a player 10 times  an doing no dmg was against the  rules ,  now   you tell me the difference
     Friend does 75 % dmg  =36 hour bubble 
      Foe does 75% dmg = 36 hour  bubble

OP must think math works this way 
     Foe  does 75% dmg = 0  hour bubble 
    Friend does 75% dmg = 36 hour bubble 
  • FBgamer
    FBgamer
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 616
    To the original poster:

The moderators are NOT Kixeye employees so anything they say will not be an official statement from Kixeye.  Buddy bubbling is NOT a bannable offense.  It is, however, reportable.  Why?  Apparently, Kixeye is collecting statistics on it.  In other words, they want to know how rampant or how big a problem it is.  How do I know this?  I remember reading a post by one of the CMs (actual Kixeye employee) in some thread.  There are a million threads about this and searching for it may be tricky.  But it's there somewhere.

Don't believe me?  Open a ticket and ask.  You might get a better chance of an official response there than here.
  • Shane McKenna
    Shane McKenna
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 6,314
    Buddy Bubbling has never not been allowed.

It still happens, happened just last night to me the guy that did it lost a fleet of Interdictors to my HH, sad thing is the guy he was protecting, the guy who  hit me, used a fleet of 1 FF with mortars and 4 HH with thuds and Peacemakers and was a few levels higher than me.