Increased difficulty in killing off salvages etc after update

susan.l.owens
susan.l.owens
Greenhorn
Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 8
Since the game was upgraded or whatever have discovered it has become exceedingly more difficult to kill off salvages and that the length of repair times is extended.  
The fleets I was using to kill off lvl 20 salvages are now unable to take a lvl 15 salvage was this supposed to happen?

as for the guys that have been reset I feel for you

ID 34218
  • Stormtrooperr
    Stormtrooperr
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 760
    seems like the scatter missiles on the lvl 15 do more damage I noticed. hmmm Im guessing some weapons stats changed during the update

Stormtrooper

Vega Player ID: 11596

Born in the Beta days in sector 100

• Sprouts
    Sprouts
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 3,716
    Yeah, the scatter missiles seem to have increased splash now.

Also, if you ever see the rancor in the 20s fire, those are now torps instead of railguns.
    (\(\
    (o.o)
    (")(")*
  • Krazie243
    Krazie243
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 10,669
    How does this even matter? I use 5 Corvettes and 1 Harrier with railguns against L15-20 cargos and they never hit me once.

The splash of the Scatters is irrelevant if they never reach you. The Torps on Rancors are unnecessary since they never fire. So big MEH.
    I don't play much anymore =(
  • altair1199
    altair1199
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,674
    same curtis. n dude like really. if u let the rancor fire at u u r just plan dumb. i mean like really. its not that hard to move ur ****. 
  • Sprouts
    Sprouts
    Unicorn Overlord
    Maybe you two should make some videos to put in the strategy section then.

(\(\
    (o.o)
    (")(")*
  • yarrpy
    yarrpy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 375
    i think all the sectors use the 5 corvettes technique or the torpedoes if they have them researched..  you don't need a video to see that, just go and watch anyone killing a 40. You can tell the guys who know how to do this as they usually have a packs of other players waiting for the easy res..

• Colonel_JAX
    Colonel_JAX
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 30
    thats really **** hard ,    cargo's level 20 become harder to beat   its rancor battleship got a new weapon ( like red flares )  and its god **** deadly 

why ????????????????????????

• james.l.sheary
    james.l.sheary
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 5
    this freaking sucks I was reset from lvl 24 and now taking out a level 2 cargo almost costs as much to repair my fleet than what is actually in the cargo 
  • silencedhell
    silencedhell
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 20
    why is everyone moaning about repair times full fleet no armor vettes with 2x rail 1, 5.06 mins repair <-- thats 6 SECONDS you have to wait to kill up to a 20, dont use big ships for res when vettes do the job lol
  • Sprouts
    Sprouts
    Unicorn Overlord
    I've never seen the 5 corvettes method actually, just the 6 harriers method, for which there are several videos. 

(\(\
    (o.o)
    (")(")*
  • susan.l.owens
    susan.l.owens
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 8
    I haven't see anyone defeat the lvl 15+ so would really appreciate someone making a video on how to defeat these salvages as it costs more than I can get to repair my fleets.
     just asking for a little guidance not complaining.
  • Sprouts
    Sprouts
    Unicorn Overlord
    There are videos in the Player Guides section - the strategies in them still work just fine.

(\(\
    (o.o)
    (")(")*
  • altair1199
    altair1199
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,674
    Sprouts said:
    Yeah, the scatter missiles seem to have increased splash now.

Also, if you ever see the rancor in the 20s fire, those are now torps instead of railguns.
    its not torps. are u guys kidding me. it fires the plasma battery. the only thing i have found annoying is that if u r using harrier strafe method sometimes the ships go to the sides instead of directly at u. for me sometimes this allows them to get out of my range making me reset and possible take hits. n none of this really makes much of a difference. i was taking 20's with 5 corvettes with rails 1. its really not that hard. 
  • The Retaliator
    The Retaliator
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 126
    I like it. the salvs are way too easy as it is. we've only been playing for a couple of weeks, and outgrow the planet cargo's in a matter of hours of game play, the galaxy ones are already getting easy. 

i'd like it to be a challenge, and so give a purpose to make better ships. instead of just open cargo's with inferior ships (corvette/harriers) or faceroll it with decent ships.
  • Brian Michael McGaughey
    Brian Michael McGaughey
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 187
    Ive noticed little change tbh but havent tried vegas yet.

I started the game with few ships, 1 harrier with lvl1 rails. USing it in its own fleet i was unlocking lvl5 planet cargos easily.

Now i have 6 harriers with rail lvl2's on wep slots and i can crack any planet salv to 17 atm with no dmg, the trick now is in using the right mouse button, holding it and twisting your ships, 

I will try a few 20's later see if they are fine, dont see why they shouldnt be. Starting the game with 1 harrier with rails, speeds up account progress maybe 2 days and skips the corvette completely lol
  • Sprouts
    Sprouts
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 4 Apr 2013, 5:37PM
    I only just got torps a few days ago and had never seen a plasma battery. :p

The main adjustment I found needed with the 20s vs. my railgun rancors, it didn't used to matter which way the enemy rancor went. Now the enemy rancor gets a chance to fire if it goes left. The strategy overall also works best with railguns in particular now, rather than gauss or torpedoes. 

(\(\
    (o.o)
    (")(")*
  • seth mad dog
    seth mad dog
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,349
    I think it's BS my rancors and longbows with torps or anything else for that matter can't take a salvage. harriers are too fast in smaller cargos and too many. Only fleet I can use to take cargos is corvettes. Even they aren't as fast as harriers or even the genesis in cargos. If rancors and longbows have trouble taking a cargo then no way in hell should it be easy for entry level corvettes.
  • Thunder Wolf
    Thunder Wolf
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 92
    How does this even matter? I use 5 Corvettes and 1 Harrier with railguns against L15-20 cargos and they never hit me once.

The splash of the Scatters is irrelevant if they never reach you. The Torps on Rancors are unnecessary since they never fire. So big MEH.

sorry dude, i tried your setup and there is no way you are taking out 17-20 with those ships, first your harrier does not have the range and it has to stay withing a 45 degree of the ship it is firing at, i will not believe this until i see the vid.
  • Sirenity
    Sirenity
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 891
    I think it's BS my rancors and longbows with torps or anything else for that matter can't take a salvage. harriers are too fast in smaller cargos and too many. Only fleet I can use to take cargos is corvettes. Even they aren't as fast as harriers or even the genesis in cargos. If rancors and longbows have trouble taking a cargo then no way in hell should it be easy for entry level corvettes.
    I used to be able to take a 20 cargo with 4 longbows and 1 harrier without much damage. Now it kills my fleet almost totally. Res is much harder to get.
  • seth mad dog
    seth mad dog
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,349
    If higher level hulls can't take a cargo then the corvette needs a nerf ASAP. lowest level hull shouldn't be a super ship compared to rancors and longbows. change the max weight to keep railguns off them.
  • SGTSh1tstarter
    SGTSh1tstarter
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 36
    my first fleet i built can take a 40 vega. NO DMG...  to bad I can't collect even  2% of it LMAO.

SGT-ShtStarter  
     Visited: 4,10,16,40,67,181,226,62,334,335,336,338,339,62,478,460,78,179 464,490,361

F THE ---> :crying:
  • Sprouts
    Sprouts
    Unicorn Overlord
    Sirenity said:
    I used to be able to take a 20 cargo with 4 longbows and 1 harrier without much damage. Now it kills my fleet almost totally. Res is much harder to get.
    Flo's method still works exactly the same way it did before if the longbows have torpedoes.

It probably also still works with longbows that have railguns, but the way the enemy ships move has changed so that sometimes the longbows get shot at. I'm sure someone will figure out how to make it work again. 

(\(\
    (o.o)
    (")(")*
  • THEBEARD98
    THEBEARD98
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,478
    edited 5 Apr 2013, 5:06PM
    I just confirmed a vega 30 can be taken with 5 corvettes still in 1 hit.  I'm not sure why people think what is they are difficult if as a level 3 you can beat a 30.  Res should not be an issue.
    "KIXEYE makes no guarantee as to the nature, quality or value of the features of the Service that will accessible through the use of Virtual Currency, or the availability or supply of Virtual Currency." -copied from new TOS

• BraticusCaticus
    BraticusCaticus
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 46
    Please post some videos.... I am having serious trouble grasping combat in VC.
    Regards,
    BraticusCaticus

"I choose to believe what I was programmed to believe" 
  • Sprouts
    Sprouts
    Unicorn Overlord
    http://community.kixeye.com/categories/VC-player-guides
    http://community.kixeye.com/categories/VC-Strategy
    (\(\
    (o.o)
    (")(")*
  • Fractal
    Fractal
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 2,425
    I just confirmed a vega 30 can be taken with 5 corvettes still in 1 hit.  I'm not sure why people think what is they are difficult if as a level 3 you can beat a 30.  Res should not be an issue.

Braticus, I got rest last night, so am back to squandering my way up again.   Tested Vega 30s this morning myself, with corvettes. 

6 corvettes, 2 x rail 1 on each.  Bunch them up in a tight group when you enter battle then kite like you would in BP  ( not sure if you play BP)  The last 3 ships in a 30 are like long bows with rails. take one ship and sway back and forth dodging their rails.  Lag killed me, but they can easily be cleaned up with a harrier. 
    Playing since Feb 2012.  Originally sector 304