The cause that corrupt a base? please enlighten us...

Yiran Feng
Yiran Feng
Strike-force Captain
Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 663
edited 3 Apr 2013, 4:59PM
please enlighten us so if it's avoidable, we can be more cautious....

1: Player's computer configuration causing data corruption/incompatibility
solution: Use a different/better computer

2: Player's browser incompatible with the game
solution: Change browser

3: Player's internet enviroment/data stream corrupt the game somehow
solution: Avoid doing other stuff when playing the game

4: Player's in-game action result in base corruption
solution: Knowing which action causes the problem, or avoid playing much

5: Player's base design/structure movement result in base corruption
solution: Don't renovate your base

6: Server side hard-drive fault
solution: Pray

7: Game's coding design somehow corrupt certain player's base at certain moment (such as faulty astroids spawn..)
solution: Pray
  • Sprouts
    Sprouts
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 3,716
    (why do you have three 5s?)

6: the game had bugs, which the beta testers found through playing.
    solution: coders will fix it and do whatever is necessary to fix the game, including reset the database

(\(\
    (o.o)
    (")(")*
  • Yiran Feng
    Yiran Feng
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 663
    Sprouts said:
    (why do you have three 5s?)

6: the game had bugs, which the beta testers found through playing.
    solution: coders will fix it and do whatever is necessary to fix the game, including reset the database

your sentence is just a generalization of all possibilities.

my point is, if certain corruption is avoidable on the user side, maybe some people can save themselves from quitting the game.
  • Sprouts
    Sprouts
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 3,716
    You seem to misunderstand who holds all the power and all the responsibility in this situation. The players are supposed to be able to play normally, period, not have to come up with workarounds all the time to a game's bugs. The game devs are supposed to fix the bugs. No data corruption is ever the player's fault. 

(... well, try to ignore the Battle Pirates support staff approach to ticket responses while reading the above. :p)

(\(\
    (o.o)
    (")(")*
  • altair1199
    altair1199
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,674
    wait so i am confused u guys have said that u have prevented the bug from continuing to happen. what prevented u from then fixing the bases n yes i know programing can get complex n i have very little idea about what i am talking about i am just wondering. 2 what did the bug exactly do to make it so u couldn't just fill in the deleted information. because when u were attacked everything remained there. 
  • Virulent_Vindicator
    Virulent_Vindicator
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 68
    Ok this is a Closed Beta Test.  A TEST....  They have the responsibility to the game to make it playable before the release to the general public.  If that means resetting everybody's base then that is what they have to do.  They were kind enough to give you a code and coins along the way (which they didn't have to do) to help them in their test.  The least you could do is show them some respect.  And be patient with them while they are working on a viable game for everybody to enjoy.
    War Commander-----Lvl 34
    To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace.  -George Washington-

• altair1199
    altair1199
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,674

Ok this is a Closed Beta Test.  A TEST....  They have the responsibility to the game to make it playable before the release to the general public.  If that means resetting everybody's base then that is what they have to do.  They were kind enough to give you a code and coins along the way (which they didn't have to do) to help them in their test.  The least you could do is show them some respect.  And be patient with them while they are working on a viable game for everybody to enjoy.
    agreed, my post was just wondering. but i mean guys like he said u have to remember that A. this is a privilege and B. they are giving u coins n allowing u to play. just be happy. dont take everything for granted.    
  • Busterking
    Busterking
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 651
    wait so i am confused u guys have said that u have prevented the bug from continuing to happen. what prevented u from then fixing the bases n yes i know programing can get complex n i have very little idea about what i am talking about i am just wondering. 2 what did the bug exactly do to make it so u couldn't just fill in the deleted information. because when u were attacked everything remained there. 
    From what I understand they actually fixed Redbeard's base which had issues also when he should have been reset.  My guess is that it was easier for them to just delete bases then repairing them one by one.  Ok, fine but, but like I have said, in my estimation of my time spent on this game I should have gotten 5 times the amount of coins to bring me back where I was.  It's not like it's costing them any money in being fair with us.

• Darth Scorpious
    Darth Scorpious
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,603
    im willing to bet there wasnt a damned thing wrong with many bases, kixeye is kixeye and pulled a big kixeye on us i dont think ill be able to progress very far at all now... kixeye needs a big fat **** slap
  • sigma957b5
    sigma957b5
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 52
    edited 4 Apr 2013, 4:23PM
    There are no actions you can take that will result in your base being corrupt and prompt another reset. Furthermore, we would never allow a bug of such severity to continue to exist in the game after identifying it. We don't want to inhibit your play style so that you "avoid" bugs, play as you would like to play, if you find a bug, report it and we will fix it :).

BUT, when you reset us you won't give us the necessary coins to get our bases back to where they were to continue the test, as it is a test there is no reason not to do so only excuses you make to avoid taking responsiblilty for poor customer service and responses. If you think that players are going to spend their hard earned money on your game when it goes open when you are screwing them over in the TEST phase you are sadly mistaken. Many players have already given up and quit the Beta Test because of this. If it's bad PR that Kixeye is looking for congratulations you are getting it. Nothing like killing a game before it goes open to the public...as for me i'm not starting over and I am done with you ...good luck with your failing company.
    ~X( [-X